2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
HellPriest

So are they completely done with single player updates?

HOW'S ANNIE?
On 10/13/2018 at 9:42 AM, Darealbandicoot said:

Assuming Yan's prediction about Bully 2 being the next game after RDR2 is correct, Would his prediction for some GTA V Story DLC after RDR2 Hold any water? 

If those casting calls for Bully 2 are legit I can't see it happening in anything less than two years. They've only just put their feelers out for cast members, meaning it's only in early-ish production.

I could see them releasing some type of expansion for V physically, promoting it as a separate entity (like EFLC has been over the years) + GTA Online to try and draw more people to Online. But I have my doubts.

Edited by HOW'S ANNIE?

Darealbandicoot
On 10/13/2018 at 6:16 PM, cp1dell said:

I’d still buy it.

Me too. 

Nightwing 0613
On 10/13/2018 at 1:16 PM, cp1dell said:

I’d still buy it.

I’d buy it as well

TheSantader25

So let me ask some of you a question. To my knowledge many didn't like the characters in GTA V

(I personally did). So why do you want a DLC for characters some of you didn't even like. I think the initial criticism towards the story and characters was one(definitely not the main reason cause we all know that's GTA ONLINE) of the reasons R* stopped caring about it. I mean what's the point when you know many people didn't like the characters. 

Ash_735
2 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

So let me ask some of you a question. To my knowledge many didn't like the characters in GTA V

(I personally did). So why do you want a DLC for characters some of you didn't even like. I think the initial criticism towards the story and characters was one(definitely not the main reason cause we all know that's GTA ONLINE) of the reasons R* stopped caring about it. I mean what's the point when you know many people didn't like the characters. 

Because a DLC could Expand on the characters and make them likable (like TLAD & TBOGT did) or at least show the characters in a completely different light and allow them to act differently (like Undead Nightmare did), come on man it's not that difficult. 

TheSantader25
32 minutes ago, Ash_735 said:

Because a DLC could Expand on the characters and make them likable (like TLAD & TBOGT did) or at least show the characters in a completely different light and allow them to act differently (like Undead Nightmare did), come on man it's not that difficult. 

No amount of DLC can make Trevor likable to the people who hated him. Unless R* change his personality which would basically be considered as inconsistency and bad writing. 

Franklin though is a whole different story since he needed more development in the first place. 

However at the end the relationship between some of the fans and the characters of this game is right at the hatred territory. To the point that they ironically consider chop as one of the best characters in the game.  I doubt a DLC can change that. If I was a dev and saw all these negativity and "don't care attitude" towards my written characters I wouldn't bother with a DLC. I would probably end up killing them in the next game for shock value(Johnny). The same fate awaits Franklin. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Ash_735
1 hour ago, TheSantader25 said:

If I was a dev and saw all these negativity and "don't care attitude" towards my written characters I wouldn't bother with a DLC. I would probably end up killing them in the next game for shock value(Johnny). The same fate awaits Franklin. 

If devs are that easily upset then they wouldn't have done GTAO either, stop reaching dude. 

TheSantader25
20 minutes ago, Ash_735 said:

If devs are that easily upset then they wouldn't have done GTAO either, stop reaching dude. 

GTA O makes serious money. Who wouldn't do it. I'm not trying to make a big deal out of this. We all know the main reason they didn't do it was online. I just pointed out that "this" potentially could be a minor reason why they didn't do it. And also I found it hilarious, ironic and stupid that the same people who hate these characters want more DLC with these characters. That's all. This is not a big deal to be dragged further. This conversation is over. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Ash_735

We're you not around pre-IV DLC? People were saying how they hated the characters, especially Johnny, saying they didn't want to play as a racist biker and that the story wouldn't be any good as the character didn't show much in the original. Or how Luis seemed like a boring blank Hispanic guard who's going to be Tony's lapdog so why would we want to play as him? 

TheSantader25
12 minutes ago, Ash_735 said:

We're you not around pre-IV DLC? People were saying how they hated the characters, especially Johnny, saying they didn't want to play as a racist biker and that the story wouldn't be any good as the character didn't show much in the original. Or how Luis seemed like a boring blank Hispanic guard who's going to be Tony's lapdog so why would we want to play as him? 

I didn't follow forums and people's opinions back then. I wasn't a member of this forum back then. Just a guest who would occasionally look for guides and interesting topics in the threads. I would watch a trailer and go buy the game if I liked it. 

Also if I'm not mistaken people hated CJ pre SA release as well. It's not surprising, they hated Johnny and Luis pre release. People love to bitch about the protagonists before release. Back then we didn't know much about CJ, Johnny or Luis before release. So people just would speculate and moan. There was a high chance people would love the characters if they experienced the game. 

The situation is different now. Everyone knows exactly who Michael, Franklin and Trevor are and they have a clear mind whether they like them or not since they experienced an entire game with them. A new DLC wouldn't change their minds. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Ash_735

If that's the excuse you want to stick to, outside of Trevor I never saw much hate for the others, Franklin is often accused of NOT having enough development which could've been solved with DLC, and it would've been interesting to see Michael in an Alien War or Zombie Apocalypse. 

cp1dell
1 hour ago, TheSantader25 said:

GTA O makes serious money. Who wouldn't do it. I'm not trying to make a big deal out of this. We all know the main reason they didn't do it was online. I just pointed out that "this" potentially could be a minor reason why they didn't do it. And also I found it hilarious, ironic and stupid that the same people who hate these characters want more DLC with these characters. That's all. This is not a big deal to be dragged further. This conversation is over. 

“The same people”

Yeah okay pal. Top notch observation there.

Edited by cp1dell

TheSantader25
11 minutes ago, cp1dell said:

“The same people”

Yeah okay pal. Top notch observation there.

If you want to take my statement as a general one that is applicable for anyone, I think you're the one to be blamed for your assumption. 

Edited by TheSantader25

cp1dell
2 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

If you want to take my statement as a general one that is applicable for anyone, I think you're the one to be blamed for your assumption. 

Buddy, you just spent half a page arguing that one of the reasons we didn’t get DLC was because “everybody” hated the characters, and tried to excuse yourself as just making some “social commentary” about how this forum is full of people who “hate the characters but also wanted more DLC with them.”

TheSantader25
6 minutes ago, cp1dell said:

Buddy, you just spent half a page arguing that one of the reasons we didn’t get DLC was because “everybody” hated the characters, and tried to excuse yourself as just making some “social commentary” about how this forum is full of people who “hate the characters but also wanted more DLC with them.”

I can't detect the word "everybody" in my posts. Please show it to me. Many hate them and many loved them. I personally saw people who were bitching about the characters in other threads demanding a DLC. this by no reason means I meant "everybody" falls into that list. This is way off topic. If you want to discuss this matter more PM me. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Junko

Honestly, might be the biggest disappointment since Battlefront 3 got cancelled. GTA V was the last game with a release that I was truly excited for. I'm talking about the wonder and excitement you would get when you were a kid whenever you'd get a new toy or something. I was hyped and so happy. Played it for like a year and anxiously waited for some DLC. I was so patient. "Maybe they're waiting for PS4/Xbox One?" Nope. "Okay, maybe when the PC version comes-" Nope. 

If some spark of passion causes them to release the single-player DLC one day, I would be happy and I would even buy it today. But at this point, the window has closed for me to really be excited for it. Instead, I'm left jaded along with millions of others who don't give a sh*t about GTA Online. The crazies who invest thousands in Shark Cards got priority and that sucks.

The biggest casualty of the death of the single-player DLC was Franklin's character development. I'm certain we were supposed to see more of him and his antics with Lamar. Perhaps a cameo from CJ. 

silly_nate

Someday there will be a final update for V that will close the online servers. I pray that when that day comes, the update will unblock every single online exclusive weapon, vehicle, etc. for SP. If that doesn’t happen, I will be very disappointed and it will be the first time I’m ever disappointed in Rockstar. I’m already disappointed because of this entire ordeal though. That is my last hope for anything SP related. The infamous zombie/agent/alien DLC is as dead as the Alderney chapter of The Lost. 

SomeGuy86

Oh wow! Been reading through this thread here & I can clearly tell that I'm not the onIy person, who regrets buying GTA V ... or GTA IV for that matter. IMO, this is a sorry excuse for a game. It had some serious problems, bugs & glitches right from the very beginning, which (most of them, anyway) were never addressed properly. And only just now found about this, Rockstar abandoning Story Mode/Single Player, in favor of GTAO...

I will tell you this however. I don't care what mods/admins have to say about this, but when (or rather, IF) GTA VI ever gets released in the future, I'm most likely going to pirate the game through Torrents first, play it for couple of days & see if I like it or not. And only then, if I decide the game is decent enough I will actually buy the damn thing, because all their latest releases seem to be a waste of money. As far as I'm concerned, Grand Theft Auto franchise died with San Andreas, back in 2005.

Lock n' Stock
13 minutes ago, SomeGuy86 said:

As far as I'm concerned, Grand Theft Auto franchise died with San Andreas, back in 2005.

You're really gonna state as such THAT far back? Wow.

SomeGuy86
13 minutes ago, Lock n' Stock said:

You're really gonna state as such THAT far back? Wow.

From my personal gaming experience, I had really, REALLY high hopes for GTA IV... And I'm not going to lie, some of the features in GTA IV were indeed OK, better than previous games. I suppose that EFLC, or rather "TBoGT" was their best IV release because it fixed a lot of annoying issues with IV, previously introduced & added a lot of bonus content. And so because of that, EFLC was somewhat decent enough. But when it comes to actual story, not to mention the effort that's been put into the game I'd say GTA III, Vice & San Andreas take the lead. My personal favorite was Vice, mainly because of the setting, era & all the beautiful things (call it a character, if you wish) Vice (Miami) had to offer. Not to mention the superb voice casting, names like Ray Liotta or Dennis Hopper. What more could you ask for?!

I know some here could say I'm going off-topic, but really this is all connected & directly related. Even though GTA IV & V opened up the new chapter in GTA franchise, it would be normal for GTA V to take the lead, learn from the previous experiences & evolve further into the future. But nope, who cares about quality when you get paid a lot of money for all that GTAO crap? :P

Lock n' Stock
18 minutes ago, SomeGuy86 said:

From my personal gaming experience, I had really, REALLY high hopes for GTA IV... And I'm not going to lie, some of the features in GTA IV were indeed OK, better than previous games. I suppose that EFLC, or rather "TBoGT" was their best IV release because it fixed a lot of annoying issues with IV, previously introduced & added a lot of bonus content. And so because of that, EFLC was somewhat decent enough. But when it comes to actual story, not to mention the effort that's been put into the game I'd say GTA III, Vice & San Andreas take the lead. My personal favorite was Vice, mainly because of the setting, era & all the beautiful things (call it a character, if you wish) Vice (Miami) had to offer. Not to mention the superb voice casting, names like Ray Liotta or Dennis Hopper. What more could you ask for?!

I know some here could say I'm going off-topic, but really this is all connected & directly related. Even though GTA IV & V opened up the new chapter in GTA franchise, it would be normal for GTA V to take the lead, learn from the previous experiences & evolve further into the future. But nope, who cares about quality when you get paid a lot of money for all that GTAO crap? 😛

Each to their own, though to say the series "died" with SA and IV is a bit far imo. Then again, my personal favourite is VC as well, to be fair.

I will say this, as a hardcore fan who has loved every main GTA installment since III (even V), I can happily say that Online is the worst thing to ever happen to the franchise. I could list paragraphs upon why, but I'd rather just leave it at that.

Edited by Lock n' Stock

SomeGuy86
10 minutes ago, Lock n' Stock said:

Each to their own, though to say the series "died" with SA and IV is a bit far imo. Then again, my personal favourite is VC as well, to be fair.

I will say this, as a hardcore fan who has loved every main GTA installment since III (even V), I can happily say that Online is the worst thing to ever happen to the franchise. I could list paragraphs upon why, but I'd rather just leave it at that.

Agreed, besides there's really not much else to say about this...

Bottom line, I got disappointed by Rockstar twice, so rest assured that I won't be making the same mistake ever again. But then again, I sincerely doubt that we'll ever see another Single Player "GTA" release, other than more variations on previously mentioned "Online" content.

lostmeogaccnt04

I don't know, but IV cousins, ballad and lost were ok imo, although size and story of San Andreas hard to replicate aside, I started to enjoy IV from the moment of the Michael St @#[email protected]# Michael moment.

If they did not force on us online in V, I trust there would be less complaints. Tbh I do not care now - I got V installed again not too long ago and found a sweet as no cd but was forced to downgrade to older version. And now all of those online updates I had to download after installation do not work with online to sp scripts(at least sp apartment one). If someone knows about a thread which details if it is possible to add new updates to old update.rpf and can point me to it would be much obliged :)

Anyways after GTA V the only possibility for me to buy GTA VI will be if they make it in the VC, in 80s again, but bigger like SA (or like Scarface game). And that is not likely to happen.

Edited by lostmeogaccnt04
forgot a full stop, gramma nazi reason

Lock n' Stock
26 minutes ago, Darealbandicoot said:

I HATE that interview with a burning passion. 

"We're sorry we blatently abandoned single-player and locked content out, but you can stil interact with all your favourite characters in Online!!!11"

F*ck right off.

Edited by Lock n' Stock

ProKiller93

it's been 5 years since this game came out, so I'm pretty sure they're done with it.

rollschuh2282
8 hours ago, ProKiller93 said:

it's been 5 years since this game came out, so I'm pretty sure they're done with it.

I don't think so.

Online will die someday, and i'm sure R* will then add most content to SP.

It's easy to do for them.

And then maybe before VI comes out a little SP DLC as a little apologie and thank you for us players

MrEnigma

This article, although about Max Payne, has a bit which pretty much sums it up.

"Whether it's because of pressure from Take-Two, or because Rockstar has realized that both Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead can essentially print money, one thing has become evident in recent years: Rockstar Games is not taking risks anymore.

Rockstar was a much, much different company back in the Xbox/PS2 and early Xbox 360/PS3 generations. It was a company that experimented. It published games from outside studios. It gave players weird games they never asked for but fell in love with anyway. And it always had a hand in a bunch of different genres.

Rockstar had the honor of publishing Oni on the PS2 before Bungie became a Microsoft-only Halo machine. It published the Smuggler's Run series. It gave detective work a try with L.A. Noire. And internally, it brought us games like Midnight Club, Manhunt, Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis, Bully, and The Warriors.

All of that, along with the Max Payne franchise, seems to have faded into obscurity. Rather than roll the dice on the what-ifs, Rockstar looks poised to be a two-game studio going forward. And that's not only sad for Max Payne fans — it's sad for video games."

https://www.svg.com/128285/why-rockstar-wont-release-max-payne-4/

HaileyBrooke

I read thru this whole mess. I only like SP becos playing online when your not level 400 sucks! And missions you MUST do with a bunch of random ppl while another bunch of random ppl try to stop you isn't fun.

The last time I got online some kid left his mic open for like a hour while he had dinner and his family didn't speak quietly or in English!!!

Is RDR2 the only hope for decent SP gaming from R*?