Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

SonOfLiberty

Things GTA IV gets criticised for you actually like

Recommended Posts

iiCriminnaaL 49
13 hours ago, American Venom said:

I like how GTA IV and EFLC all have their own unique features. People usually sink the boot into GTA IV for not including things from EFLC, but what about the other way around? EFLC doesn't include things from GTA IV like the vigilante missions, most wanted, clothing stores etc, but it (particularly TBOGT) usually gets a free pass. Though besides the clothing stores I don't care about those other things from GTA IV not being in EFLC. It's just a point that never seems to be raised. If it's going to work one way than it needs to work the other. The unbalanced bias against GTA IV is really stupid.

 

Anyway the only thing I think should've been interchangeable are the radio stations, but beyond that it really just drives the point that Johnny and Luis only cross pass with Niko and that TLAD and TBOGT are indeed separate entities. Having features shared across all three would make them feel unnecessarily bloated (like San Andreas). I paid extra money to get a different experience so it should stay that way.

 

 

Totally true.

 

Actually, gang warfare in TLAD and drug wars in TBOGT don't really serve as "additional side-missions" as much as being alternatives of the vigilante missions, even though they are not exactly the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8
17 hours ago, American Venom said:

I like how GTA IV and EFLC all have their own unique features. People usually sink the boot into GTA IV for not including things from EFLC, but what about the other way around? EFLC doesn't include things from GTA IV like the vigilante missions, most wanted, clothing stores etc, but it (particularly TBOGT) usually gets a free pass. Though besides the clothing stores I don't care about those other things from GTA IV not being in EFLC. It's just a point that never seems to be raised. If it's going to work one way than it needs to work the other. The unbalanced bias against GTA IV is really stupid.

 

Anyway the only thing I think should've been interchangeable are the radio stations, but beyond that it really just drives the point that Johnny and Luis only cross pass with Niko and that TLAD and TBOGT are indeed separate entities. Having features shared across all three would make them feel unnecessarily bloated (like San Andreas). I paid extra money to get a different experience so it should stay that way.

 

 

Agreed, and it gives me a reason to keep playing TLAD and TBOGT after the story is over. If IV had all the same features I'd just play that (because Niko is the best :P), but because EFLC has parachuting, drug/gang wars, the clubs/dancing, cool bikes, other mini games and races and different radio stations I'll revist them for those features and IV for other stuff. Three different games to play instead of one.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SonOfLiberty

Phone cheats. I don't mean the cheats themselves (which are admittedly pretty lacking), but the idea of being able to use the phone and store them. People complain that Niko puts the phone away when being shot at. Well just don't use it while you're being shot? How hard is that? If I use the cheats I just go into cover or something where I'm NOT being shot at and it's never been a problem. 

 

I think it's a brilliant idea and way better than the the old button mashing of the past. If GTA IV had more cheats I think it would be more appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iiCriminnaaL 49

The "repetitive" storyline missions.

 

I really appreciate how grounded and very appropriate for a hitman protagonist they are. And since I tend more to grounded, classic types of missions than over the top ones, I can easily say that I didn't enjoy any GTA missions as much as I did in GTA IV (with honorable mentions to GTA III and TLAD).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Minalessa
Posted (edited)
On 2/7/2019 at 3:23 PM, SonOfLiberty said:

Well just don't use it while you're being shot? How hard is that? If I use the cheats I just go into cover or something where I'm NOT being shot at and it's never been a problem. 

Some cheats are used in police pursuits e.g. "health recovery" and "remove wanted level" cheats. In higher-level police pursuits, you'll be surrounded once in a while, have your health decreased to a tiny sliver and by that point you don't want to risk police interrupting the process of cheat entry. This is more frequently experienced by aggressive players who like going on rampages, think Trevor.

That being said, if I want a better cheat method, I'd pick something from Scarface. In that game you enter, store and activate cheat codes through the pause menu, so you don't have to mind what happened in the in-game world that way.

Edited by Minalessa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beato_dim
On 2/4/2019 at 3:33 AM, SonOfLiberty said:

EFLC doesn't include things from GTA IV like the vigilante missions, most wanted, clothing stores etc, but it (particularly TBOGT) usually gets a free pass.

Perhaps 'cause they are more of expansion packs and not 'full games', so they are not expected to have as many features; GTA IV, on the other hand, is a major installment of the series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
perennial
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Minalessa said:

In that game you enter, store and activate cheat codes through the pause menu, so you don't have to mind what happened in the in-game world that way.

This would have been better for GTA IV. Maybe my opinion on the implementation of phone cheats as opposed to button cheats would be different if I used a controller, but the keyboard cheats of the 3D era games and GTA V are honestly less of a hassle for me.

Edited by perennial

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bolototu

The driving 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.