2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

BLOOD

5 years of GTA 5

Tonesta

I just started a 5th playthrough of GTAV a couple of weeks ago, with a view to hopefully running through the story, and some of the more fun side activities, one last time before RDR2 comes out.

Two of those previous run throughs have been 100% efforts.

Given that I've never finished any other game more than once in my life......I guess I have to conclude that I quite enjoy GTAV! Happy Birthday!

Darealbandicoot
12 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

Well in that case you can say any GTA SP is forgotten. Online has the biggest fanbase among the GTA community now. But that doesn't mean SP is forgotten(at least for now). I know many people who love GTA V SP and are absolutely disgusted by online. 

Not really no. GTA Single player is dead to Rockstar. People still remember and play San Andreas for example. GTA V will be mostly remembered for that garbage GTA Online and having a single player tutorial basically. 

Edited by Darealbandicoot

gtafaninwest
13 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

Well in that case you can say any GTA SP is forgotten. Online has the biggest fanbase among the GTA community now. But that doesn't mean SP is forgotten(at least for now). I know many people who love GTA V SP and are absolutely disgusted by online. 

A fan base largely consisting of children and annoying teens.

49 minutes ago, Darealbandicoot said:

Not really no. GTA Single player is dead to Rockstar. People still remember and play San Andreas for example. GTA V will be mostly remembered for that garbage GTA Online and having a single player tutorial basically. 

C* has lost their way. They were at their best during the 3D universe.

Edited by gtafaninwest

TheSantader25

@Darealbandicoot

Once again I didn't mean R* but you bring them up again. They play SA because it's still fun experience after all these years. They play SA. They don't even play IV and VC that much no more. SA is the only GTA that can hold it's own after years. 

You also said People mean Online when they say "GTA V". those people are mostly the casual group (mostly kids) that haven't played any GTA except for online. V has sold 100 million copies. It divides the buyers into many huge groups of people who bought the game for different reasons. The largest group are a bunch of casuals who bought the game for the online experience. 

You called a 60-80 hour SP experience a "tutorial".The SP in V is a good one. It wasn't supported by R* later on but it was a good one. 

I don't want this thread to turn into a sh*tfest about how R* suck and all. This ain't about it. 

Mafia Assassin®

Calling GTA V SP a tutorial...lol. How absurd is that.

Tengerecki

Screw GTA Online, GTA shouldn't even have an online mode in the first place. But of course it's capitalism, if that brings R* a lotta money, sure...

Darealbandicoot
13 hours ago, Mafia Assassin® said:

Calling GTA V SP a tutorial...lol. How absurd is that.

It practically is compared to what Online offers. The gameplay is also OBVIOUSLY built to be Online friendly. 

TheSantader25
54 minutes ago, Darealbandicoot said:

It practically is compared to what Online offers. The gameplay is also OBVIOUSLY built to be Online friendly. 

Any game is a tutorial compared to online. I can't even calculate how many hours worth of content GTA ONLINE has. It has so much that you could divide it to 3 games and sell them separately. 

Ash_735

So, V fans, how does it feel having the anniversary completely ignored by Rockstar just like they did with IV? Oh hey, at least we got an article about GTA Online and now a reveal for Red Dead Online!

Darealbandicoot
32 minutes ago, Ash_735 said:

So, V fans, how does it feel having the anniversary completely ignored by Rockstar just like they did with IV? Oh hey, at least we got an article about GTA Online and now a reveal for Red Dead Online!

Don't forget GTA Online's anniversary is coming up, doubt THAT will be ignored. 

Edited by Darealbandicoot

Darealbandicoot
2 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

Any game is a tutorial compared to online. I can't even calculate how many hours worth of content GTA ONLINE has. It has so much that you could divide it to 3 games and sell them separately. 

But in the context of GTA V, doesn't it seem strange that even today, they confirmed that GTA Online will not stop getting updates anytime soon when at the SAME time, Single player doesn't even get a single bug fix. 

confederatestatesgta

its hard to believe gta 5 is already 5 years old. i still remember the day it got announced. i came home from a crappy day of school. i checked the rockstar website for anything new. and there it was the amazing gta 5 logo. i got so excited. then i remember the first trailer. and then the long info droughts. i remember reading on these forums about all sorts of theories and ideas. it was fun and it helped pass the time. then the last few weeks and seeing plenty of leaked gameplay. then going to the midnight release. and here we are now after 5 years of playing. we know everything about it. we have played the heck out of it. it is such an amazing game. a great story, map, gameplay, multiplayer, dlc and more. of course its not a perfect game but no game is perfect. but its still one of my favorite gta games. i know it gets a lot of hate. because of johhny k. or the lack of a singleplayer dlc and so fourth. but its still a great game.

TheSantader25
5 hours ago, Darealbandicoot said:

But in the context of GTA V, doesn't it seem strange that even today, they confirmed that GTA Online will not stop getting updates anytime soon when at the SAME time, Single player doesn't even get a single bug fix. 

of course it's strange. But it's making them money so they'll keep doing it. All I'm saying is that GTA V SP was a respectable experience. It wasn't supported later and was ultimately abandoned by R*. But it was a good package. 

6 hours ago, Ash_735 said:

R* doesn't give a f*ck about anniversaries no more. I doubt anyone expected anything for V's 5th anniversary unless they're naive. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Wolver_321
19 hours ago, Tengerecki said:

Screw GTA Online, GTA shouldn't even have an online mode in the first place. But of course it's capitalism, if that brings R* a lotta money, sure...

Really do I have to read such a comment? The online component is always been a thing in GTA, it all started back with GTA 2. In GTA 3, VC and SA they planned to put a multiplayer mode, there are multiple topics and videos discussing about this topic.

I'm a singleplayer fan and I also have an atrocious connection, but I really want to understand why a GTA shouldn't have an online component.

Sadly GTA V will only be remembered for GTA Online...

Edited by Wolver_321

D9fred95

I remember when I got GTA V.

I had to go a funeral that day, yet it was a fun funeral because the deceased died due to age, nothing tragic. Somehow I've gotten to the point where I look back more fondly on the funeral than the game. 

Official General

5 years and enough already.....if they are not gonna add story expansions with SF and LV, then no more, please. 

gtafaninwest
1 hour ago, Official General said:

5 years and enough already.....if they are not gonna add story expansions with SF and LV, then no more, please. 

They already messed up the Universe's timelime where it doesn't even seem canon anymore.

Edited by gtafaninwest