2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

BLOOD

5 years of GTA 5

BLOOD

5 years ago today, the greatest entertainment product was released- GTA 5 (GTA V; Grand Theft Auto V). It change the industry in many ways good and bad and broke many records unprecedented in the history of mass media and entertainment. Happy 5th Birthday GTA V and here is to many more years of greatest from the game and community, and it makers Rockstar Games/Rockstar Studios (Rockstar North).

Mafia Assassin®

I remember when GTA V was getting close to release, I was so hyped that I would get the game on release (which happens to be my birthday too) as a gift. But that didn't happened and I saw myself forced to buy a PS3 just to get GTA V, best decision ever... Good memories. BTW, happy birthday GTA V.

KY Jello

These five years have gone by fast. V wasn't my favorite but I had some good moments with it.

TheSantader25

Incredible Game. Happy Birthday. 

Miamivicecity

Happy Birthday GTA V. Despite the ups and downs you're still apart of my favourite gaming franchise.

Vice City criminal

Happy Birthday GTA 5. Even though I ran into some very unfortunate events trying to play you on PC and even on console I had and I still have a lot of fun even with the smallest of details or features like the ability to being able to jump and fall face first into the ground or on other people on purpose.

BlanketGrinder

Happy birthday GTA V. And thank you for Trevor Philips and good times.

GroveStGTAV

5 years but it feels like 7 years because first trailer was released in 2011

GrudgefromSanAndreas

HB GTAV! I hope one day you'll get a story DLC when R* stops milking Online or even all missing DLC vehicles and weapons

Domac

Damn... I was f*cking ten when it was released... I ordered my copy and it came on Monday, two hours before school. I inserted the disc into my 12GB PS3 but it didn't have enough space. I had to delete GTA IV. Then the installation took like 30 minutes. In the end I had like an hour to play it before school.

That day in school was probably the longest day in school of my life... I couldn't wait to come home and play it.

I've had tons of fun playing it, on PS3, PS4 and now on my PC.

I hope I'll have such a good time with RDR2 as I've had with GTA V even if it's not my favourite GTA.

Legomanarthur

Happy birthday GTA V. Too bad no Singleplayer DLC has ever been made, it sure would have added something to the story and the characters. Boy I remember the time when the first trailer was released, and the long wait until R* published the first two screenshots...

Lonely-Martin

I was so stoked when going to get this, that anticipation of a new world to explore at will was awesome, always is. RDR2 much the same too.

And this game delivered far more than I ever imagined. Time really does fly by, lol. My lad was 8 and not even allowed in my gaming den, lol. Now he kicks my arse, yay!

Coming here only added to my game the more I started to embrace others too.

That said, this game is a game changer in so many ways for me. Learned so much, good and bad, but enough bad to be cautious going forward.

Still, 5 years is awesome. Fair play there, what fun I've had. Man, I hope the potential unlocked with this baby only grows and grows for the better. If we learned sh*t, so did they. 

#lookingforward

Edited by KWF1981

mde2

Happy Birthday GTA V.

George Walker Bush

Best game in the series. Happy birthday.

BadaBing_1996
3 hours ago, Domac said:

Damn... I was f*cking ten when it was released... I ordered my copy and it came on Monday, two hours before school. I inserted the disc into my 12GB PS3 but it didn't have enough space. I had to delete GTA IV. Then the installation took like 30 minutes. In the end I had like an hour to play it before school.

That day in school was probably the longest day in school of my life... I couldn't wait to come home and play it.

I've had tons of fun playing it, on PS3, PS4 and now on my PC.

I hope I'll have such a good time with RDR2 as I've had with GTA V even if it's not my favourite GTA.

underage b&

Wolver_321

I really hope you won't be remembered only because of GTA Online, it wouldn't be fair... GTA V managed to bring lots of good things in the franchise and other that could be improved a bit in the next game (like the 3 characters), when it was announced on PC it was my firts pre-ordered videogame ever! I've lots of good memories on GTA V and even on GTA Online, I bought the game 4 times across PS3, PS4 and 2xPC (one for my brother) and I've never felt like I wasted my money.

So happy birthday GTA V! Happy birthday Franklin! Happy birthday Michael! And yes, happy birthday also to you Trevor!

TheSantader25

^This. 

I really do hope the SP in this game doesn't become forgotten because of bullsh*t Online. 

Hullian111

Man, I remember the hype around it. I made a list of what I wanted to do in GTA V in 2012 on a now-definitely-lost computer in school before I left, and on the day it came out, I took two cars - one black Emperor and one black Rancher - from my TBoGT save and 'exported' them to the airport in preparation for GTA Online... which I hardly touch anymore. I was excited to come home and play it when my mum picked it up and installed it that afternoon... I hardly remember playing it on the first day, but all I know is that it was the first GTA in which I never skipped the cutscenes for.

Now, I make mods for it. Never thought I'd be modding GTA V, especially after failing to install my PC edition two years ago.

Crossbones

Happy Birthday GTA V. Even though you're not my favourite but that doesn't mean you're not a great game. I cannot forget the first time I played V and that experience was just so awesome. And, I can't believe it's been five years. 

Domac
3 hours ago, BadaBing_1996 said:

underage b&

Yeah, like anyone cares that the game is 18+.

Besides, it doesn't mean that you aren't allowed to play it under the age of 18, it means that it's not recommended for people under the age of 18. And also, I think that I'm mature enough not to kill someone in real life just because I've seen it in the game.

Besides, I've played GTA San Andreas when I was 2 and I loved it.

Darealbandicoot
6 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

^This. 

I really do hope the SP in this game doesn't become forgotten because of bullsh*t Online. 

Unfortunately it already has. 

Penguin Bob

I'm glad to see this game getting positive feedback. (finally). 

I gotta admit, GTA V is certainly not my favorite, but it's definitely an awesome game, at least to me. I'm gonna be honest here, it used to be my least favorite GTA game as I found boring the first time I played it. And when the second time came around, I was dead wrong. It had plently of flaws in it but it was still pretty good.

Happy birthday GTA V.  (oh and f*ck gtao)

Edited by Penguin Bob

Nico

Happy birthday, I guess. Kinda hard to believe it's been five years since 2013, the year I completely wasted trying to study journalism (and failed miserably).

I don't hate GTA V, but it will never be my favourite, and in fact is the game that started my disenchantment with anything Rockstar related. When I last played GTA V in 2015 I was still mainly into AAA games, but now I've moved on to games that are way lesser known, but cooler. And I don't regret it to be quite honest. However, I must be thankful to GTA V / GTA Online for adding some cool cars that were later converted to GTA IV by a brilliant modder so I could enjoy them. Kudos for that, but not much more. I wish Rockstar decide to take some risks with the next installment to make it more appealing to those who didn't like V, but that seems highly unlikely to me.

TheSantader25
5 hours ago, Darealbandicoot said:

Unfortunately it already has. 

By people I meant. Not R*

WorldofCog

It just hit me that GTA V is not just the most excited I've ever been over an upcoming video game, it's honestly also the last time I've ever been excited over an upcoming video game. I still remember just about everything in the almost-two-year-long waiting period as if it all happened yesterday, I still remember attending the midnight release (for the first and only time) and faking being sick that day...f*ck, it really has been 5 years. I'm getting all teary-eyed recollecting all of these memories, so I think I'll stop that here.

Five years later, I'll still throw it on from time to time and go back and redo random missions or just roam around and wreak havoc, but nothing beats those first few weeks that the game was out. Oh, how I long for those days.

(this is also my first post on here in almost 3 years lol)

Darealbandicoot
5 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

By people I meant. Not R*

That's what I meant as well. When people talk about 'GTA V' they almost, always mean GTA Online. 

0cta

Had started yet another try on the 100% a few days ago.

The World in GTAV feels much more alive and immersive compared to GTAO. Many small details where not carried over.

TheSantader25
28 minutes ago, Darealbandicoot said:

That's what I meant as well. When people talk about 'GTA V' they almost, always mean GTA Online. 

Well in that case you can say any GTA SP is forgotten. Online has the biggest fanbase among the GTA community now. But that doesn't mean SP is forgotten(at least for now). I know many people who love GTA V SP and are absolutely disgusted by online. 

Edited by TheSantader25

FATMANYOU2

I'm still playing it on Xbox one X! I started an online character for the first time 2 weeks ago but man I just can't get in to it!  I was so hoping for Story mode DLC! 

Been playing GTA sense the beginning. Single player 4 life! 

The Happiness Boys

This is a hell of a game, with great gameplay, well written story and developed characters.