1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

cmiller4642

Which character gave the worst missions in GTA history?

cmiller4642

IMO it's Big Smoke. 

Zero's missions are completely optional, but Big Smoke's missions are required for the storyline to progress, plus he is the 2nd person in the game that gives you missions, so they're frustrating for someone who is playing San Andreas for the first time. 

OG Loc was a terrible mission. He has a terrible habit of not getting back on the bike when he falls off, plus the fact that you have to do it so early in the game means your bike skill sucks  

Running Dog sucks unless you completed the burglary missions, then it's just a boring foot chase 

Wrong Side of the Tracks is probably the worst mission in GTA history for me. I have no idea why they programmed it so badly. Seriously I hate that mission with a passion
Just Business definitely makes up for it, but it is still a very frustrating mission. 

Then couple the fact that you have to complete those 4 missions to get out of the first area of the game. I could understand if those missions were given mid game or in the later parts, but its ridiculous to give the equivalent of Joey Leone in GTA San Andreas missions that hard. 

Edited by cmiller4642

American Venom

To be honest I don't get the hate for Wrong Side Of The Tracks. For me it's a really easy mission. 

Anyway never really liked any of OG Loc's missions with Life's A Beach being the worst one. Despite how much I love GTA IV's story/missions in general Manny's missions have always been my least favourite mostly because I can't stand the guy personally and doing anything for him.

TheSantader25

Big Smoke missions were fun. Especially 'Just Business'. Wrong Side of the Track was easy af as well. 

The worst mission giver is Jimmy Pegorino. Selfish, Crybaby, Useless Character in the game with boring and repetitive missions. Also made us kill Ray. Ray wasn't a saint but at least he was a man. Unlike the peg. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Typhus

Zero is the winner here and it's not even close. Think about what we're seeing for a second, Carl Johnson by this point is able to buy property and well on his way to being one of the biggest criminals in the entire state, and he is helping out this grown man who is playing with children's toys in his feud against another grown man with an obsession with toy cars or whatever. And the reason for this feud? Are they secretly running drugs or something? No, Zero won first place in a frigging science competition and the other guy is pissed off.

And that's not even taking into account how f*cking horrible those missions are to actually play.

Crossbones

Big Smoke's missions were fun and one of my favorite in the game, especially Just Business. Also, I don't get why people hate Wrong Sides of Track, it was quite easy.

Zero wins by a landslide here. Absolutely terrible missions with no importance regarding the storyline. Not to mention how hard and boring they were. And the reason for Berkeley and Zero's feud is even more stupid than his missions. 

perennial
51 minutes ago, Am Shaegar said:

Berkley is forced to leave the city, thus making Zero's shop the only one of it's type in San Fierro to make money from the shop.

You're forgetting the Wang Cars showroom. Also there's the Hippy Shopper and the Valet Parking hotel though there really aren't storyline connections.

The worst mission giver was Marty Chonks in GTA III (unmarked payphone missions next to Joey's garage). All 4 missions involved delivering somebody to the dog food factory and then getting rid of the car. Not difficult but repetitive and boring.

perennial

Sorry, I misinterpreted the phrasing "only one of it's type in San Fierro to make money from the shop". Other shops generate profits as well, but no other focuses on electronics that's true. Makes sense in the context of Berkley and Zero's rivalry.

I passed 'Supply Lines...' on my first attempt on PC, but apparently the plane fuel drains much more quickly on original PS2 version. At least that is a valid point for criticism even though the mission was optional.

Edited by perennial

TheSantader25

Since everyone is talking about Zero's which are side missions, I'd like to add Tonya here too. 5 completely similar missions. They could be cut down to 3 and instead R* could work more on the Sharmoota Job. 

Edited by TheSantader25

American Venom
13 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

Since everyone is talking about Zero's which are side missions, I'd like to add Tonya here too. 5 completely similar missions. They could be cut down to 3 and instead R* could work more on the Sharmoota Job. 

The thing I don't get is despite the fact they're "optional" you actually have to do the first one in order to progress the story. Just one of GTA V's weird design choices that leave me scratching my head and since she's extremely irritating it makes things worse.

mde2
7 minutes ago, Joker In The Pack said:

The thing I don't get is despite the fact they're "optional" you actually have to do the first one in order to progress the story. Just one of GTA V's weird design choices that leave me scratching my head and since she's extremely irritating it makes things worse.

I agree. It would have made more sense to use Hao's racing mission as the first S&F mission that is necessary to progress the story. It's reminiscent of the old days of GTA and it opens up the street racing side missions. Instead Rockstar showcased Strangers and Freaks with the most boring, useless and stupid mission in history.

TheSantader25
3 hours ago, Joker In The Pack said:

The funny thing is, I never knew the first one was necessary until recently. I always did it as soon as it was unlocked in all of my playthroughs. Why? Because I couldn't listen to her annoying ass talking sh*t each time I was going to Franklin's Safehouse. 

Rez090

No hate here at all for the 'Dildo Dodo' mission for the movie studio in VC? That is one mission I always got stuck on, never once ever finished it. That plane acts like it's dead weight the entire time trying to fly it.

TheSantader25

^Always loved plane missions in VC, SA, V. don't know why so many people find them difficult/annoying. 

Edited by TheSantader25

iiCriminnaaL 49

R* in GTA Online.

billiejoearmstrong8

Tonya, definitely Tonya

-LN-
Posted (edited)

I would probably go with Zero; despite SA being my favourite game of the series, I wanted C.J. to smack him every time we saw him and heard his voice. His missions were migraine inducing. No offence to David Cross; he was hilarious in 'Arrested Development'!

Would the optional Epsilon missions for Michael in GTA V count here? I suppose you could possibly consider Chris Formage the overall giver in this situation. Either way, if allowed, I may give them an honourable mention for two of them alone - (especially) the one where Michael cannot take off the robe for ten days and also the one where he has to run for five miles in the desert. I know, they're supposed to be ridiculous and extreme, but the robe mission was a serious pain in the arse; I think I just gave up, took a long real life nap and just left the game running in order to complete it.

I'd have to agree about Tonya as well; I didn't think her missions were as bad as the Zero missions or those two from Epsilon (Formage), but overall, she was quite obnoxious and her missions were ultimately forgettable.

I'll have to think more about this; there were probably a few more that I can't quite recall at the moment.

Edited by -LN-

UndeadPotat0

If I could, I would castrate zero. 

TheerT

Zero and his annoying RC vehicles missions.

Evil empire

I hesitate between Zero and Salvatore Leone since Freefall and Supply lines are the most nightmarish GTA missions I've ever played.

eCola

Manny's missions have always felt like filler to me, I wish we could've done missions for Badman instead

ThatKyloRenGuy

Tonya. She's awful and her missions are pointless. Also, R* in GTA Online.

Edited by ThatKyloRenGuy

Rafae S

Zero that annoying little f*ck.

Also almost all the stranger missions in V.