2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Idea to Stop EWO and Passive Mode Abusers

Mr_Morel

hi everyone i think i know how R* could stop abusing passive mode and easy way out. btw sorry about my english im not native speaker.

To fix passive mode abuse

1- you can enter in passive mode any place on the map but to get out of the passive mode you need to be inside any building like house office nightclub etc interiors* problem solve

To fix Easy way out abuser

2- If you commit suicide instead respawn near where you die you respawn in the nearest Hospital or graveyard - problem solve

Btw feel free to use this idea i just want the game experience be better for all the comunity.

Edited by Mr_Morel
bad translation

I'm surprised no-one has commented yet. I read it about 5 times looking for slight flaws with the solutions you made and truth be told, I couldn't find any at all.

It is indeed a very good solution.

• Like 9

that's sparkly thinking! me likey likey a lot! the uncrunchy guys who invite you to dance with them at the sandy beach will be like 1vs1 at hospital or cementerie hihihi!!!

• Like 9

35 minutes ago, No Homing said:

Topic #24574477 on this sh*t.

yes but this one seem to offer the most fesable solution of them all.

this ideas are really good.

I would like to nominate this for the idea of the year 2018. For the gtaf polls ! 

Such an easy solution/idea.

Edited by Remapped
  • Like 3

There has been plenty of ideas over the years about these issues but like mentioned above R simply does not give a f*ck or they would have made some changes.

You have to keep in mind that griefers and trolls actually help R by taking money from other players.

The point is for them to get so sick of grinding and losing money that they just say f*ck it and buy a cash card.

• Like 2

I like these ideas but I would also add timers until passive and EWO can be used again, if I have to wait ten minutes to call a mugger again then my foe should have to wait to kill himself again.

• Like 6

Good ideas. Now we just have to figure out a way to deter those Hydra/Lazer/Deluxo/Oppressor/etc griefers. 

• Like 3

The Wandering Hunter

yep this would fix it entirely. but nope, not going to happen. plus the ewo fix would also be a solution to ending up stuck on top of mountains rather than having to find a new loby.

in addition i think there should be a 5 min wait after killing someone before being able to go passive.

oh actually people will just blow themselves up instead of ewo if the second fix was implemented. the same would have to happen if you blow yourself up.

Edited by The Wandering Hunter

I have some simpler and better ideas:

Passive mode abuse fix:

-Implement last gen's system of players leaving passive mode to be able to locked on and killed by others, but they can't use their weapons for 10 seconds.

EWO abuse fix:

-Make all deaths impact the K/D ratio;

-Implement a "safety lock" for explosives that doesn't allow you to detonate them close to you.

Edited by Pedinhuh

7 hours ago, REXX said:

I'm surprised no-one has commented yet. I read it about 5 times looking for slight flaws with the solutions you made and truth be told, I couldn't find any at all.

It is indeed a very good solution.

You couldn’t find any flaws?  How about: the griefer now has a teleport away from his/her victim, making it even harder to retaliate.  Making ewo and self inflicted deaths count against k/d would probably be more effective

I don’t like the passive mode “solution” either.  I use passive mostly to leave a building, just in case of prox.mines or campers. A better solution would be to get rid of the current timers and set a new timer ‘no passive for x min after killing another player’.

3 hours ago, Mach1bud said:

Good ideas. Now we just have to figure out a way to deter those Hydra/Lazer/Deluxo/Oppressor/etc griefers. 

They should add EMC charges that you can buy from Ammunation. If you detonate one, a bit like a sticky bomb, it kills the avionics of all flying aircraft within a spherical blast radius. Maybe the radius of your coloured CEO radius shown on the map? Or wider if that would be better, same distance as a missile lock on, so you could trigger it when you hear the lock on alert?

That would then cause them to crash, but still give the pilot / driver time to bail. 

It would at at least give ground delivery crews in slower vehicles a chance perhaps?

Edited by Big Molio

if u take damage from other players and die the other playet is awarded the kill. Cant go passive for 5  mins after killing a player 

Good idea OP, though I wouldn't hold my breath. We've all been talking about it and trying to get it changed for a very long time. But, things can happen. In the end I didn't think the Savage would get the buffs it deserved - but it did.

Especially if some of the theories and guesses that GTA's just getting very small stuff now - well, little changes like this, they could improve how the game plays massively, without even needing to add much.

Actually, I'd go a step further - if they EWO, leave them stranded on one of those hills or mountains. You know the type - the sickening ones where you can't get your cars, and you're just stuck tumbling down, dying, tumbling down again.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, LeakyLine said:

Just make EWO affect K/D.

this just going to solve part of the problem. cause not all the players do this to keep K/D they do it to lose police and restore all the health back and change position to a better one. this idea make useless all the macro players and thats why to many people dont wanna even think about it.   

Sensible suggestions if you ask me. They may not totally solve the problem. I think some players would still EWO under these circumstances when they know they've bitten off more than they can chew and attacked the wrong person who will hand their backside to them. But this would certainly represent and improvement versus the status quo, and it's hard to see a downside. Only being able to exit passive in a property would definitely stop passive stalking.

• Like 5

I would be 100% behind both of OPs suggestions.

I can't see any fault with the passive suggestion. I'd be more than happy with that game mechanic.

I don't think the EWO problem can be solved. But this inconvenience would be a good start. 

I also like @Pedinhuhsuggestions. Especially the safety lock for explosives.

1 minute ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

I would be 100% behind both of OPs suggestions.

I can't see any fault with the passive suggestion. I'd be more than happy with that game mechanic.

I don't think the EWO problem can be solved. But this inconvenience would be a good start. 

I also like @Pedinhuhsuggestions. Especially the safety lock for explosives.

when they use orbital cannon on you the respawn is in the hospital could be the same case for explosives if you use to kill yourself, people will stop abusing this method cause they dont want to respawn far from action if they do they cant kill you unless they drive all the way back to your location. 

• Like 3

Unfortunately reason of all gta bullsh*t is not lack of ideas, but lack of f*cks given by cockstar and taketwo management. That c*nt Straus Zelnick should be ridiculed in public for the way he treats customers of such profitable product. Imagine mr.piss make a video "ten most cancerous gameplay features you would never encounter in other games". Imagine zelnic in his next interview would have to answer questions, such as how come most successful game ever doesn't have community manager, or how much of ingame content new player can afford for 100$. I think in that case we could hope for better.

If a player is in no win situation / just leave lobby and find another one vs being spawn killed.

I have no prob w players using passive or ewo.  No one should let themselves be griefer / spawn killed.

Convesely say u dominated player say w Avenger and killed him 7-0 then now he is coming at u in jet deny him revenge and the kill by leaving / switching to another lobby.  This called playing defense.

If your being pursued by avenger ewo may not help u - a smart pilot may quickly bomb u as u respawn.  

Edited by derek0514

5 hours ago, KingpinRCR said:

You couldn’t find any flaws?  How about: the griefer now has a teleport away from his/her victim, making it even harder to retaliate.  Making ewo and self inflicted deaths count against k/d would probably be more effective

I don’t like the passive mode “solution” either.  I use passive mostly to leave a building, just in case of prox.mines or campers. A better solution would be to get rid of the current timers and set a new timer ‘no passive for x min after killing another player’.

Griefers would just hang around hospitals if thats the case, meaning that any other "decent" player wouldn't even consider passing unless necessary. Seeing that, as far as I know, no freemode/VIP/MC work takes place near hospitals (excluding one Sightseer package).

100% agree with you on K/D Ratio decreasing if suiciding or taking the easy way out.

As for Passive, OP mentioned that it can only be disbaled when in property. So by rights, you would be able to enable it before you go out, avoiding any nuisance outside :D

I reckon timers should stay for Passive Mode but be increased to at least 3 minutes. If I have to wait 3 minutes to order a car again (which to a certain point has no advantage), then waiting 3 minutes to enable Passive Mode again shouldn't be a problem. A timer for EWO is definately required, in fact, if were developing content for GTA Online, I'd remove it all together 😛

• Like 3

Killing players unprovoked would fine you a thousand, killing that same player unprovoked again would fine you ten thousand, doing it again would fine you a hundred thousand and anymore would fine you a million per kill.

Love the ideas. I'm all for passive mode and EWO fixes.

I've suggested before that EWO should be only accessible in the start / settings menu, behind two confirmation screens and have a 5 minute cool down at least. Those blowing themselves up should have their KD effected definitely. You're killing yourself, so deal with the KD hit. 

The passive mode idea is good too. It should also have much longer cool downs, and you shouldn't be able to trigger it if you have a high mental state, or if you're in a weaponised vehicle. 

These mechanics should be strictly for the peaceful gamer and not to be easily abused by muggy little twats.

Edited by White Shark

6 minutes ago, White Shark said:

you shouldn't be able to trigger it if you have a high mental state, or if you're in a weaponised vehicle.

However this wasn't the case from back when we were jumping the fence at Zancudo for Lazers I'll never know.

If a vehicle has weapons, even the pea shooters on the Ardent, passive mode shouldn't be an option. If passive can be disabled when we're in a WMD like the Luxor Deluxe it can, and should, be disabled for the OpMk2 and everything in between.

Edited by ALifeOfMisery
  • Like 4