3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTARDR

Games you play before release

The Algerian

Just platinum'd and sold Spider-man for 15 bucks less than I bought it.

Gonna finish Hellblade Senua's sacrifice by the time Forza Horizon 4 is out and I play it through gamepass free trial.

Then I'm gonna have about a little more than a week before RDR2 drops.

Not sure what to do then, but i'll find something.

Raklor

I thought about getting God of war but I think I'll just wait for rdr. I don't want to really play anything besides world of Warcraft every now and then until release to avoid getting worn out from too much gaming. I want to go in feeling fresh. 

chipsanddips

just 100% spiderman and have new tomb raider and fifa to play until rdr2 release 

Der Süden

Found pleasure again in playing Ark Survival Evolved. Maintaining and expanding my base, taming dinos, breeding dinos, chatting with other players on the server.

Definitely a game you can spend 1000s of hours in and that helps me to kill the time until RDR2.

Edited by Der Norden

CalgaryJay

I've got my old 360 hooked up down in the cave, so I'll play RDR when I'm down there.to prep for this.

PS4 is in my bedroom, I picked up Far Cry 5 as I felt all the Montana, wild west-style nature would be a good lead-in to RDR 2, but it was a lot shorter than I realized and I already beat it. Now I'm re-playing Black Flag leading into AC: Odyssey which is out first anyways, and I'm also really excited for.

I'm annoyed Odyssey and RDR 2 come out the same month actually. I originally thought of skipping the new AC until after I had beaten RDR 2, but Ubi just had to go and pick this history nerd's all-time favourite setting for this one...clever girl.. So I guess I'll be playing those simultaneously. Gonna be quite the winter of mashing for me.. 

Edited by CalgaryJay

SAS_Intruder

I usually play same games for a long period of time. Currently stucked with NHL19 and For Honor and I am really starting to appreciate Rockstar even more after I have to deal with other publishers such as Ubisoft or EA. Broken games, 60 dollars per game. 

SuddenDepact

Gonna finish Spider-Man then play Odyssey till RDR2 comes out ^_^

Im2akillerfish

1. Finish my second playthrough of Spider-man, and if the NG+ comes before RDR2 I'll start it as well. The heist DLC will occupy the few final days before RDR2 launch. 

2 I'm going to be playing one more RDR1 playthrough before II hits. 

3. I'll attempt to 100% various Lego games with my sister

4. I may replay Sleeping Dogs, depending on how I feel. 

Mafia Assassin®

Lately the only game I've been playing it's BF1 Multiplayer, but I'm giving a shot on the story mode.

GTA Online got totally boring for me, but I still play once in a while when I see my friends playing.

I'm gonna try to get 100% on Mafia 3 and after that I'll play Bully and the bastard child of the Red Dead franchise, Revolver.

Edited by Mafia Assassin®

UndeadPotat0

Actually picked up Vice City so ill prob complete that.

Mike R.L.

I'm having a tough time with gaming at the moment! Spiderman is good, but its not drawing me in too  much, and I'm nearly finished with it I think (story wise) 
I'm replaying RDR some days, Battlefield 1 & No Mans Sky, with some random GTAO sessions here and there. But, nothings really hitting the spot at the moment, considering Rockstar have thrust another game changer under our noses! 

The Algerian

Wonder if I'd have time to finish Bloodborne by the time RDR2 comes out.

Gunboat138

I screwed myself man, I can't get into anything.  Tried Metal Gear 5, Hitman, Far Cry, Mad Max, old games I've never played that I always wanted to, Star Wars:KOTR, Brutal Legend, Gun, tried old games I love that are tried and true GTA, Fallout, Witcher, Mass Effect(trilogy and Andromeda).  

Was gonna wait 'til about now to playthrough RDR again, but I couldn't wait and beat it in about a week a couple of weeks ago and I got 100% a few days later.  sh*t.  

Edited by Gunboat138

Mithrandir94

Red Dead Revolver on Ps4, still awesome

UndeadPotat0
On 10/1/2018 at 1:09 AM, Gunboat138 said:

I screwed myself man, I can't get into anything.  Tried Metal Gear 5, Hitman, Far Cry, Mad Max, old games I've never played that I always wanted to, Star Wars:KOTR, Brutal Legend, Gun, tried old games I love that are tried and true GTA, Fallout, Witcher, Mass Effect(trilogy and Andromeda).  

Was gonna wait 'til about now to playthrough RDR again, but I couldn't wait and beat it in about a week a couple of weeks ago and I got 100% a few days later.  sh*t.  

Far Cry 5 is the sh*t.

Mithrandir94
On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 3:38 PM, UndeadPotat0 said:

Actually picked up Vice City so ill prob complete that.

The atmosphere in Vice city is unique, the colors, the music, that game is magic

Jedster

I've installed GTA IV after a long time again and man... I forgot how much more fun the physics are compared to V, running npc's over with a car, jumping out of car or just jumping in front of cars to see Nico flying around... GTA IV is the best GTA to date for me and I guess it will keep me busy until RDR2 drop. Other than that some R6: Siege and ARK with my friends.

Somehow I am not in the mood for single player games other than GTA IV, I guess I am just too hyped fro RDR2... :D

stiggy83

Personally I'm playing 2 recent released games, Shadow of the Tomb raider that I count to finish before the release of RDR2, it will go back to the store with me when picking up our game in order to sweat the deal. I'm also playing Valkyria Chronicles 4 by Sega, this the best strategy/RPG game franchise for me, I loved the 1st one on PS3, and this one is really good as well, This one will remained with me. I may be tempted by the latest Assasin's Creed, but each time I'm disappointed by these games, anyway it should be tested before releasing the Kraken !! 

UndeadPotat0
On 10/2/2018 at 12:57 PM, Mithrandir94 said:

The atmosphere in Vice city is unique, the colors, the music, that game is magic

The guns sound like movie guns. I'm enjoying it so far.

Jimmarn

Just got platinum on Spiderman, not sure now, waiting for the DLC package it gets, but that's just 3 days before RDR2, so I guess I won't finish that before RDR2 takes over completely 

Dominik1411

I just preordered AC Odyssey just to get through the 3 weeks... I'll play it tomorrow. 

The Algerian

I put my old PS3 up for sale, since I've blown a lot of money on RDR2 (PS4Pro+4K Tv)

So I'm playing Metal Gear Solid 4, before somebody buys it.

I played it but also kinda missed out on it when it came out.

I borrowed it from a friend, and played on my cousin's PS3 while I was staying with him for a week, so I rushed through it, and I did not take the time to appreciate it.

It's sad it's only now I realize how cool the game is.

Even though it's much more of a movie than a game.

Penicuikscotland2010

Been playing the crew 2. It's not the best racing game in the world but it's addictive. Addictive enough i'm at ICON 500. plus the huge map is fun to explore. 

Audiophile

Still playing through Assassin's Creed: Odyssey. Have about 31 hours and am probably halfway through the story, I think? 

Kind of tempted to fire up RDR on the XBO. 

DongJohnson

Just got witcher 3 with dlc dirt cheap, going to get stuck in again.

TheRandomUser1

GTA V and Forza Horizon 4 are my go-to games at the moment. I hope RDR 2 becomes one of them.

RetardOfTheYear

To keep it short, I have about 15 games I a) never finished/never played dlc's of (example witcher 3 dlc's) or b) barely even started (two example, playtime on rise of the tomb raider 86 minutes, playtime on no man's sky 28 minutes)

and as usual for me when I have too much choices, I often end up doing nothing ! I'm just waiting to put my hands on rdr2 even though as I stated on another topic i'm not expecting too much of it, it is still the nly game I want to play currently. (it's almost everytime the same thing for me before a 'big' game release, i just can't play anything else with satisfaction until it played it.

Note : Since the topic started early september, I just wanted to be more precise, it's only right now (which mean the 1-2 week before the game release) that I can't play anything else, it's just that last stretch in which any other game feel almost irrelevant.

Edited by RetardOfTheYear
adding note

Jedster
28 minutes ago, RetardOfTheYear said:

I'm just waiting to put my hands on rdr2 even though as I stated on another topic i'm not expecting too much of it, it is still the nly game I want to play currently. (it's almost everytime the same thing for me before a 'big' game release, i just can't play anything else with satisfaction until it played it.

Note : Since the topic started early september, I just wanted to be more precise, it's only right now (which mean the 1-2 week before the game release) that I can't play anything else, it's just that last stretch in which any other game feel almost irrelevant.

I know exactly what you mean, right now I can't bring my self to play almost anything... And when I play something it's fun only for a while. For me, it's mostly that feeling "been there, done that" and I have no desire to start something new, because I know that I am not going to finish it before RDR2 is out. This makes the waiting even harder to bare...

SonOfLiberty

Atm I'm playing..

Assassin's Creed: Odyssey 

Forza Horizon 4

GTA IV

And I might play some Call Of Juarez: Gunslinger to get my body ready for the west.

UndeadPotat0
On 9/22/2018 at 5:25 PM, UndeadPotat0 said:

why the eyeshadow?