3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTARDR

Games you play before release

GTARDR

In fact, Im kind of picky and usually play only one or two games "at time".
So, I play only RDR and NHL 19. But even Im picky, still waiting for Battlefield V, Fallout 76, Trials rising, The Division 2.... and of course GTAVI 😂

RedDead2503

I ordered Spoderman this morning and comes tomorrow.

Hope itll be worth the 60 bucks 

jimbos0013

I never played any the God of War games, so with the PS Plus freebies i decided to give it a go (GoW3). Was not disappointed. The problem is that i finished it in 3 days lol

RedDadRedemption

i have been playing wwe 2k17 using my arthur morgan, dutch, john marston and javier escuela create-a-wrestlers pitting them in fatal fourway matches

DexMacLeod

I did the two months of game pass for two dollars deal and downloaded Fallout 4 hoping that would hold me over for awhile but I'm not really getting into it. Might just playthrough Quantum Break again while I wait for Forza Horizon 4. That should hold me over until RDR2.

orlmagicman98

just finished my 10th playthrough of RDR last night gonna start playing mass effect 2 and mirrors edge catalyst for the first time to keep me busy for the next month untill RDR2 drops

Cutter De Blanc

Basically any game I play recently is just "another game to distract me for a few minutes until Red Dead 2 comes out"

Nothing holding my interest, not even Horizon Zero Dawn

Far Cry 5 was the best distraction I'd found so far, but I don't like it anymore.

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

damienrayemusic

Spider-Man! Possibly shadow of the tomb raider\god of war when we get our 4k HDR tv end of september. Other than that, nothing. As others have already said the truth is anything right now is just a distraction... Every game makes me think of RDR2 like "omg that was awesome!! Imagine how it will be in RDR2"! "Wow I really like this character!! Can't wait for dutches gang"! "OMG that lighting though! It's gonna be the greatest in RDR2!!" Lmao. This is the way it is right now trying to play any other game.

Edited by damienrayemusic

Slonitram

Spider-Man, Far Cry 5, GTA V and whatever still works in my PS2.

joshua969

I’m occasionally playing Undead Nightmare, Bully, and Fable 2.

Jason

In terms of new games, I'm pretty much done with Spider-Man until DLC (drops just before RDR 😊) so just Fifa at the end of the month, which I'm not overly excited for this year but heyo.

I'll fill out my gamin' time with my PC grinders like Warframe, Monster Hunter World and Guild Wars 2. Should have enough to keep me from dying of boredem before RDR2 drops.

hopefully

ewankirky

Currently playing F1 2018 & Witcher 3, have preordered Fifa 19 & Forza Horizon 4 - those 4 games should hopefully see me through the next 45+ days.

TheExecutor10
15 hours ago, DexMacLeod said:

I did the two months of game pass for two dollars deal [...] Might just playthrough Quantum Break again while I wait for Forza Horizon 4.

Same here ;)

Quantum Break actually ist amazing, the sound, the environment, the time powers, the story is kind of interesting too and the acting phenomenal.

Currently I'm playing Fable Anniversary (also part of Xbox Game Pass) in 4K on the X. I forgot how engaging and beautiful this game is. This will definitely hold me over until RDR2.

15 hours ago, orlmagicman98 said:

just finished my 10th playthrough of RDR last night gonna start playing mass effect 2 and mirrors edge catalyst for the first time to keep me busy for the next month untill RDR2 drops

Mass Effect 2 for the first time? :)

Enjoy it! Mass Effect is my favorite franchise and 2 is a great game.

Edited by TheExecutor10

MARKUS.
17 hours ago, GTARDR said:

and of course GTAVI 😂

Great, I'm playing Red Dead Redemption 3 right now. Is the story of how a young Dutch Van Der Linde robs to survive and creates a new gang with two young orphans, Arthur Morgan and John Marston. It is really great, Dutch reminds me of Michael of GTA V and the other two as Franklin. You can switch to them as in GTA V and GTA VI anytime you want.

beambox

Spider-Man, Assetto Corsa Competizione, star trek bridge crew, Cuphead, hellblade, AC origin, Far Cry 5, MGS, ....

Dr.Rosenthal

I’m playing Dishonored 2 atm, have gotten halfway through it. Can’t really say I’m that much into it though. I deleted it a week ago but immediately regretted that too, so.. I kind of like it, but at the same time I find it difficult to remain invested in it. The missions/chapters are pretty well thought out and there are different ways to play it (stealth/assault). But I’m too impatient - I always end up being spotted and then I just kill everyone because I hate them and I want them all to die and with them being dead it’s much more fun to run around without having to worry about being spotted.

I also recently finished The Witcher 3 + expansions (and discovered all ”?”-locations), and started a New Game+ at level 54, but I can’t bring myself to go on at the moment because it’s just too massive.

No. I think RDR2 is exactly what I need. I also play GTAO daily still, much thanks to the good friends I have on there.

Edited by Dr.Rosenthal

The FoolYT

Well I'm playing Spiderman and Enter the Gungeon atm. I don't really have a crew or any friends to rely on to play GTA Online and I would probably even play RDR (The online part, I've already done the campaign several times) if it wasn't so buggy/modded.

Morgan

Spiderman and Fifa 19.

Anonamix

Farcry 5, Witcher 3, RDR, and Sims 4 (dont judge me 😛)

MrElastico

Working towards 100% completion on rdr, probably gonna do the same with the witcher 3. Considered getting spiderman, but because it just lasts for around 15 hours im gonna wait until its on sale.

sunshine2002

"Spiderman PS4", "Assassin's Creed Odyssey" when it is released and a little bit of "No Mans Sky NEXT".

All from big screen with 4K & HDR (PS4 PRO)

TechDevil

Kingdom Come Deliverance. Fun as hell if you like traditional RPGs with a steep learning curve.

Edited by TechDevil
Speeling eror

Tasty_Pasta

I've been getting into the Insurgency: Sandstorm beta.  I kinda want to avoid any sandbox/open world games so when I get into RDR2 I'll be itching to explore!

Rockstar Vienna

Yakuza Kiwami 2, Dirt 4, Cities Skylines (i'm late to the party) and maybe Spiderman a bit later this month. That plus work will be more than enough to ease the wait.

Sandereas

Been playing Witcher3 and have returned playing GTA Online yet again haha. Haven't been this excited for a game since GTAV. Have been waiting ages for this game to come out.

damienrayemusic

Nice name ^ 😁 I can't believe it's almost here... Been dreaming of this since I was in 6th grade.... Crazy. And I just beat spider man (what a fantastic game) and playing shadow of the tomb raider with my dad as I said I might (definitely don't regret it!!) I love tomb raider and this imo is the best one in the trilogy it's unbelievably immersive and alive especially in the jungle 😍 gets me even more hype for exploring in red dead I'm so gonna lose myself... definitely enough to hold me till RDR2 . And once our 4kTV comes at the end of the month I look forward to playing god of war again!!! One of my favorite games ever. Up there with red dead redemption (obviously my number 1 is red dead) Witcher 3 and bloodborne 

Dr.Rosenthal

@damienrayemusic

Bloodborne... I bought it when it was released, but didn’t get into it. I started and while I liked the world, the creatures and sound direction it was so overwhelming, unforgiving and difficult and I think - at the time at least - I wanted something easier to get into.

But I realize that those things  are what makes it so good too. Still could download it and try it again because I’m sure I’d absolutely love it if I tried and got into it! I probably will someday, but I think I’ll let that wait til after RDR2 and not before. I just want to play games casually now so as not to get burnt out (don’t really think I can get burnt out, lol, but anyway).

damienrayemusic
13 hours ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

@damienrayemusic

Bloodborne... I bought it when it was released, but didn’t get into it. I started and while I liked the world, the creatures and sound direction it was so overwhelming, unforgiving and difficult and I think - at the time at least - I wanted something easier to get into.

But I realize that those things  are what makes it so good too. Still could download it and try it again because I’m sure I’d absolutely love it if I tried and got into it! I probably will someday, but I think I’ll let that wait til after RDR2 and not before. I just want to play games casually now so as not to get burnt out (don’t really think I can get burnt out, lol, but anyway).

Yeah bloodborne is brutal. Which is why it isn't for everyone but is actually why I love it so much... Beat that game and all the RIDICULOUSLY hard DLC. Bloodborne is why I wanted a PS4 for years. God of war reveal and spider man at E3 turned out to be the deciding factor for it to finally happen 😁 also reminds me though how unique things really intrigue me. A lot of people hate the west cause it's "so boring" so little to do (total bs statement btw)  and there's no modern technology and cellphones and sh*t. Oh boohoo. That's why it's so great in the first place, it is different and far away from our modern day society.. thank god. Most things people hate I end up loving for their reason of hating it. It's ironic lol. I've been playing games but only a few. I only get gaming burnout when it feels I'm playing a game that's a waste because I'm not very into it and am just playing just to play... That won't happen with RDR2 or any game you are very interested in that is actually quality. Quality over quantity man. I'm loving spider man and shadow of the tomb raider right now.. (which again, many people have sh*t on it cause it's more of the same tomb raider in a unique environment but that's why I love it so much) tomb raider imo is great, and it has a lot of new features to make the gameplay interesting and the setting is immersive and fantastic. Looks insane on Xbox one x and just gets me so hyped to play RDR2 just roaming in the woods and all that for hours.. @Dr.Rosenthal

icefds

Completed Spider-Man last week and i'm currently playing the new Tomb Raider.

After that, it's AC: Odysse > RD2 and that'll be it for 2018.