2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Craigsters

Gofundme homeless guy scam $400,000 raised

Craigsters

x3jkM6h.jpg

dISzwfH.jpg

rhDpMII.jpg

Has anyone been following this on the news, reddit, and inside edition?

Today the Police raided home of Gofundme scammers, confiscate BMW 

Edited by Craigsters

trip

Yeah... Been following this - it's a local story since the homeless guy is in my city.

Two words...New Jersey.

Flachbau

The nerve of these assholes is incredible. It’s cute how they thought they were gonna get away with it completely. He should also sue them for slander since they claimed he would use the money for drugs. What drug addict gives away their last $20 to a stranger? 

trip
5 minutes ago, Flachbau said:

The nerve of these assholes is incredible. It’s cute how they thought they were gonna get away with it completely. He should also sue them for slander since they claimed he would use the money for drugs. What drug addict gives away their last $20 to a stranger? 

He admitted that he used the money for drugs.  He's a pretty open dude.

In the beginning of all of this people were all sorts of suspicious of the whole thing.  Claiming all were in cahoots.

I do believe in his original act of kindness of giving up his last $20 to help her out.

Here is a good question:

What is a young lady from New Jersey doing in a popular drug neighborhood in Philadelphia?  Buying drugs maybe?

Jon Jon

I heard he was seeking treatment to combat his addiction and to turn his life around completely. Also apparently those two sh*t-stains had spent the rest of the money that they raised for him after giving him a small percentage of it. I hope they rot in jail.

silly_nate

I encourage anyone who contributed to this money (on this site or anywhere, spread the word!) file a lawsuit against the couple 🙂

trip

Sitting here watching local news.  Yup... I'm old.

The dude(of the couple) was just hauled in on an outstanding traffic warrant.  That's kind of funny.  Are they gonna try to break him?  You know... It's Jersey.  They'll get him in a dark corner with a bright light and maybe blackjack him a bit.  Ha.

Agent 14
On 9/7/2018 at 1:18 PM, trip said:

He admitted that he used the money for drugs.  He's a pretty open dude.

In the beginning of all of this people were all sorts of suspicious of the whole thing.  Claiming all were in cahoots.

I do believe in his original act of kindness of giving up his last $20 to help her out.

Here is a good question:

What is a young lady from New Jersey doing in a popular drug neighborhood in Philadelphia?  Buying drugs maybe?

Is a thing with NJ females liking us Philly studs if you lived here you'd understand this more.

trip
8 hours ago, Agent 14 said:

Is a thing with NJ females liking us Philly studs if you lived here you'd understand this more.

Umm... I do live here in Phila.  Always have.  :)

Blaze

on a vaguely related note this disabled fella got mugged here, a woman raised £330k for him, she got hit with 6k PR fees and he offered her £10.

Mister Pink

I don't know about this story. I mean I can see how it's easy to accuse them and it looks fishy but I want to see hard evidence. I'm skeptical about these things and there's practically a witch hunt for this couple. 

I watched their appearance on Megan Kelly and they seemed genuine enough (not that it's anything to go by). They raised some interesting things that some of the press aren't covering about how the homeless guy was practically treated as family. There was an open door at the house and he came and went over a period of months, showering there etc. His drug addict brother practically moved in too. The homeless guy had no account as he didn't even have any ID and it was a huge process to try get him the papers to try even open a bank account and this couple helped him all along the way. 

Am I saying the couple is innocent? No. Am I saying they are guilty? No. I'll wait for the evidence. They were doing an audit on the bank accounts. And although all the money went into the couples shared account (IIRC), the audit should provide the evidence that will show if the couple were guilty of mishandling and spending money that wasn't theirs.

@Flachbau He was open about his drug use, IIRC. His Lyft account which was in the couple's possession indicated that he was making drug-runs to a shady part of town where there isn't much reason to go to, other than scoring drugs. He apparently flew through about €25,000 in a week, according to the couple. Which raises the question. Would the donators be happy if they new the couple was releasing the money to him knowing that he was just doing fart it all away on drugs. 

Drugs are one hell of an addiction and drug use for the user is usually symptomatic of deeper psychological issues and pain. There's no telling what good people on drugs can or would do feel better and get a fix. By the way, I'm speaking generally, not just about this homeless guy. He did a good deed with the $20 that's not to say he can't do bad either or didn't make poor choices in his life,

There's also the issue that the homeless guy claims that the husband is a self-confessed gambling addict. Did he piss it all way gambling? For me the montage of the couple spending and traveling could be made about anyone. People buy things all the time, so I don't consider that as evidence. 

Edited by Mister Pink

Doctor Holliday
On 9/7/2018 at 11:18 AM, trip said:

Here is a good question:

Pardon me, but in what privileged utopian community do you live in that you never have to travel through lower class neighborhoods? :pp Every week I have to drive through parts of town where people go to buy and sell meth... on my way to perfectly legitimate errands or business of my own... so if my car happened to break down in that part of town, you would just assume I'm buying drugs?

trip

Come back and talk to me about it when you become a bit more familiar with how Philadelphia and heroine work smart ass.  So yes; if your car broke down there it was because you were already there buying drugs.

Doctor Holliday

Whatever else you might think of them... that girl and that dude sure don't look like any heroine addicts I ever saw. Sounds pretty discriminatory if you ask me, pal.

Edited by Doctor Holliday

AiraCobra

This couple doesn't seem too bright when it comes to money it seems to me or else she wouldn't had run out of gas in the first place and that encounter never would've happened.

While that's my belief while others have said it was divine intervention that brought them together to bring him an angel to help him get back on his feet but if she is truly an angel then the there wouldn't be any questions about the money in the first place.

I'm curious to see what the findings are going to be now that the judge forced the to hand over everything that they spent the money on.

I have a feeling that they are going to be in hot water once everything comes out in the open sooner or later especially since their brand new BMW was repossessed. 

Edited by AiraCobra

trip
10 hours ago, Doctor Holliday said:

Whatever else you might think of them... that girl and that dude sure don't look like any heroine addicts I ever saw. Sounds pretty discriminatory if you ask me, pal.

Gosh...fine.  you stay naive, I'll stay cynical.

AiraCobra
13 hours ago, Doctor Holliday said:

that girl and that dude sure don't look like any heroine addicts I ever saw.

What do Heroin Addicts look like? Did Chris Farley look like one? Nope

There are millions upon millions of addicts walking around you every day and you wouldn't even know it unless they told you or you saw them doing the drugs themselves.

There is no way to tell if someone is a drug addict just by looking at them just because someone dresses nice doesn't mean they're not a drug addict and just because someone looks homeless and smells like they haven't bathed in a month doesn't mean they're an addict.

In fact, there is a large amount of suburban soccer mom who abuses prescription painkillers on a daily basis because it gives them the energy boost they need to keep up with the household and then eventually the doctor is going to cut them off which will send them into withdraws and send them looking for the heroin 

Doctor Holliday

Like John Belushi, Chris Farely was all about speedballs, and neither of them were heroine addicts by definition... but that's off topic.

You guys aren't making a very strong case.

Has anyone actually said that the girl and guy are heroine addicts? Sounds like discrimination based on location. I don't care if I'm wrong or naive about dumb ole Philadelphia, has nothing to do with my life, but from the outside looking in? Classic discriminatory assumptions.

trip
2 hours ago, Doctor Holliday said:

all about speedballs, and neither of them were heroine addicts by definition...

You guys aren't making a very strong case.

Really?  Seems like a stronger case than yours.  Do you know what a speedball is?   

What is your "definition of a heroine addict"?

And it seems like you judge and guage people on looks.  Sounds prejudice.

Doctor Holliday

A heroine addict is addicted to heroine.

People who use speedballs don't really fall into that category and are often more addicted to the upper than the downer, which is only really there as a balancing effect.

So I'm judging a book by it's cover while you're judging a book based on where you found it lying around... and I'm not really interested in which one of us is worse...

trip

Sorry.  You still don't know what you are talking about.  And just so you know cocaine and heroin are sold on the same block here.  Heck, sometimes by the same person.

Just stop.

sivispacem

Can people stop calling "Heroin", "Heroine"?

ARTHUR.

Gosh Sivis, there is nothing wrong with enjoying a courageous female character.

trip

I'm lazy on a tablet.  I know...no excuse, but that's my excuse.