4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Nuddle King

DYOM The New Era Thread

Version 9?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should Springfield do us V9 as we support him?

Nuddle King

Here we talk about DYOM Version 9 and future updates, talk about moderators and developers and who should be the co developer and help us rebuild DYOM.

Rules:

-Don't talk about others stuff than DYOM Updates

-No memes or drama allowed

-insulting DYOM members or Banned DYOM members not allowed

This topic will be edited soon with photos and more info.

Edited by Nuddle King

Nuddle King

That was about Underground, this about DYOM V9 by Springfield which we discuss about so the designers lounge will be clean.

Target13

The question isn't as simple as Yes or No. Most of us do support a V9 but only with Dutchy and Patrick's permission and support.

omigawail

Nuddle. We want V9 as much as you do, maybe even more. But you have to understand that Dutchy and Patrick own it, we need to respect their decision. Unfortunately that's the way things work, let's hope for a reply from them.

Nuddle King

Just vote what you think, if we need to support Dutchy, that means we will not support Springfield which I support, soooo...

What you think guys Springfield show more of his updates screenshot here so we can see more new things(before developers come)?

DennysCute99

I voted for 'no'. I mean that this is a spam for developers of DYOM. I'm wrong or not?

omigawail

I'm not taking any sides, Nuddleking. I am thankful for Springfield's contributions. I'm merely saying what he said: He has to get permission from Dutchy and Patrick before he can work on the mod.

Only thing within our power now is to give this enough attention, and hopefully one of the developers sees it and takes action.

DennysCute99

Mark Chump aka Omigawail. Seriously, uh? You think i'm wrong? Anyways, i voted for 'no'.

Target13
1 minute ago, DennysCute99 said:

Mark Chump aka Omigawail. Seriously, uh? You think i'm wrong? Anyways, i voted for 'no'.

I think you have misunderstood Omigawail's post. He isn't implying you're wrong and hasn't even implicated you in anyway.

DennysCute99
2 minutes ago, Target13 said:

I think you have misunderstood Omigawail's post. He isn't implying you're wrong and hasn't even implicated you in anyway.

Oh sh*t. I'm wrong, ok. Sorry Omiga.

Nuddle King

Why do I see topic is getting reported for no reason while we dicuss DYOM versions here?

Uncle Sikee please tell me who ever report this, he is wrong, this topic has nothing to do with "Broke Rules"

omigawail

Rules:

-Don't talk about others stuff than DYOM Updates

Jimmy_Leppard

Doesn't matter in the slightest, that's the point you're refusing to accept unfortunately.

He can make a feature which lets you wash your teeth, it still means nothing as it can't see the light of day on GTAForums site since the mod is not his. That means we can't upload missions to the official DYOM mission site nor open up mission pack topics here on GTAForums. That means he needs to set up an independent site and that means shifting a whole DYOM community from this globally known site to an independent site based on a personal extension of a mod made without permission. I mean, good luck advertising that kind of a site considering the circumstances and getting people to register on it, even more so when it already exists here on a globally known and reputable site. I'm sorry, but that's not going to happen. Even if the site is opened, it won't get anywhere nearly as much traffic as this site.

Multiple people told you how it is and it's like you're pushing that aside. Further discussion on the matter is just pouring an empty cup of nothing into another empty cup of nothing, I'm sorry. Take it as you want, but the answer is: with Dutchy's and Patrick's permission - yes. Without Dutchy's and Patrick's permission - no. The next question after this is: do you have Dutchy's or Patrick's permission to go through with this? Answer to that question answers your question.

DennysCute99

This thread is report.

ZekoX

I don't think there even should be a thread like this. Yeah, we 'maybe' support Springfield, but this? Sorry man, but to not get SO MUCH ATTENTION from this, get the topic locked. The developers will maybe come (I hope) but you need to be patient, DYOM 8.1 has already cool features. You can look that at THBP's missions like (The Game or V for Vinegar). We can be patient already, DYOM 8.1 is the maybe last version of DYOM, but we could keep it alive if not causing something like this.

Nuddle King

Alright lock this cmon, people want to stay classic as they want while I am only want DYOM to grow up and be happy, people doesn't understand that Patrick and Dutchy will not come, they actually gone, Lock this damn topic which DYOM real identity became a bad community of gay and other drama that moderators doesn't care about, this not DYOM I know in 2017 or 2017 or even years ago. Locked.

omigawail
2 minutes ago, Nuddle King said:

Alright lock this cmon, people want to stay classic as they want while I am only want DYOM to grow up and be happy, people doesn't understand that Patrick and Dutchy will not come, they actually gone, Lock this damn topic which DYOM real identity became a bad community of gay and other drama that moderators doesn't care about, this not DYOM I know in 2017 or 2017 or even years ago. Locked.

Please chill, the discussion is still ongoing. Together we will find a solution to the state of DYOM. @Jimmy_Leppard said some very good points. An unofficial patch for DYOM will definitely not be supported in the website, unless Dutchy and Patrick agree and decide that it is the new official version of DYOM.

ZekoX

But never be too sure that they will never come - they maybe will. We have seen worse people than you, you're not the only one that is criticizing yourself. There were more people in the past more hateful and disrespectful to you. To keep this community alive and not with fights. 2017 was actually a good year to me, or worse to some members. I just ignored the drama and arguments, but man, Springfield needs permission to update/create the Design Your Own Mission Version 9. Dutchy will come maybe this year, as Patrick did back in March.

Nuddle King

I am saying the developers will never comeback, and designers losing the chances of new versions, after 3 years you will ask yourself why there no V9, that day Springfield stopped his mod and you all refused, yes you will ask that question to yourself.

omigawail
Just now, Nuddle King said:

I am saying the developers will never comeback, and designers losing the chances of new versions, after 3 years you will ask yourself why there no V9, that day Springfield stopped his mod and you all refused, yes you will ask that question to yourself.

Nuddle King has invented a time travel machine

George Costanza

Do i understand this is more of an wishlist topic rather than actual thing?

ZekoX
4 minutes ago, Nuddle King said:

After three years later, I may even leave DYOM. I'll be twenty three that time, I will work. The best way to stop this: Work on your MP Days of Rank.

omigawail
Just now, ZekoX said:

After three years later, I may even leave DYOM. I'll be twenty three that time, I will work. The best way to stop this: Work on your MP Days of Rank.

And Days of Horror too, I'm interesting in seeing how he does the parallel universe theme.

ZekoX
Just now, George Costanza said:

Do i understand this is more of an wishlist topic rather than actual thing?

I think it's "wish list" topic. As I can see, the owner of this thread "Nuddle King" created it for an actual thing, but it failed and it became more of a "wish list".

Just now, omigawail said:

And Days of Horror too, I'm interesting in seeing how he does the parallel universe theme.

I actually want to see that, because I love horror universe. I will maybe support him - I can't leave him like this. The best solution to him is: Work of Days Of Rank then Days Of Horror. I will help you with that "Nuddle King". Just get this sorted out please!

George Costanza

Since this is wish for mod update rather than news about mod update and it also got derailed with slight offtopic already.