3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

iiCriminnaaL 49

[REL|IV/EFLC] Sweet Autumn

iiCriminnaaL 49

Similar to cp1dell's CleanIV (a.k.a. Fixed Colors) mod, this mod aims to enhance Liberty City's weather and make it clearer than in the default game, with a cleaner and more well saturated vision. While CleanIV removes the Color Correction (color filter), and increases the Saturation and Far Clip (draw distance), there're still many hours of several weathers that look oversaturated when it comes to the sunlight and shadows. You might've noticed that the sunlight becomes too orangish or yellowish, while shadows turn too bluish, depending on the weather and time.

So, here's the summary of the done enhancements:

• The world's overall vision is now far clearer and smoother than in the default game, including every hour of every weather. Not to mention that it's now consistent between all hours and every weather.

• Far Clip has been increased in all weathers.

• Sunlight and shadows are no longer oversaturated or noticeably unrealistic, which applies to all weathers.

• Fog has been removed from the night hours of weather Extra Sunny.

• Recolored the orange sky of the sunsets of weathers Extra Sunny and Sunny to blue.

• Cloudy, Rainy and Drizzly nights are now black.

• Windy and Foggy nights are now soft blue.

• Lightning nights are now blue.

• Instead of showing only in Extra Sunny and Windy like in default, the moon now shows in every night hour of every weather, starting from 21 (9 PM) instead of 22 (10 PM).

• The sky now has more realistic colors and lighting in all hours of every weather.

• The sun now has more realistic colors in all hours of every weather.

• Clouds now generally have more realistic colors and lighting in every hour of weathers Extra Sunny, Sunny, Windy, Cloudy and Foggy, as well as the night hours of Rainy, Drizzly and Lightning

• Clouds have been slightly reduced in weathers Extra Sunny, Sunny and Windy.

• Clouds have been slightly brightened in certain day hours of weather Cloudy.

• The values of the water's color, reflection and transparency have been balanced in every hour of each weather.

• The edges of the world's objects (more noticeably fences and leaves) now look smoother.

Download

What about the interiors' cycles?
In case you wanted clearer and more saturated interiors, you should obtain the "timecyclemodifiers1/2/3.dat" files from CleanIV. That's what I did on my game anyway.

Any screenshots?
Not yet. I've been honestly too lazy to take some, in addition to the fact that I modify the mod somewhat constantly, but I might do so sometime. In the meantime, I hope you'll have fun.

Edited by iiCriminnaaL 49

iiCriminnaaL 49

Updated:

• World's lightning colors have been generally made a little more realistic and balanced than in the first release, especially at night.
  • Instead of being greenish, night times of 'Cloudy' are now blackish.

• Sky's color and brightness have been balanced during several times in weathers 'Extra Sunny', 'Sunny', 'Sunny Windy' and 'Cloudy', including night times.
  • Clouds have been reduced in 'Extra Sunny', 'Sunny' and 'Sunny Windy'.
  • Clouds have been slightly brightened in a couple of day times in 'Cloudy'.
  • Sun's color has been changed from yellow to white during certain times in weathers 'Extra Sunny', 'Sunny', 'Sunny Windy' and 'Cloudy'.
  • Clouds' colors have been generally made more realistic in a couple of weathers.
  • Shadows' colors have been balanced during a couple of times in weathers 'Extra Sunny', 'Sunny', 'Sunny Windy' and 'Cloudy'.
  • Balanced the water's color in every hour of each weather.

[...]

Can you provide any screenshots of your modification, so people who are about to download it could know how the mod looks like?

iiCriminnaaL 49
36 minutes ago, (Ambient) said:

Can you provide any screenshots of your modification, so people who are about to download it could know how the mod looks like?

It's actually planned.

When I first posted it, I didn't have time to take screenshots. I got more free time recently, but I've kept making some minor updates and such. I'll consider taking some screenshots when I'm sure I won't touch the mod for a time.

iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)

It's been a while since my last post.

Anyway, a lot has changed. Fixed certain times of several weathers being either too dark or too bright, recolored the 'Rainy' nights to black, 'Drizzly' and 'Lightning' to blue. 'Far Clip' has been reduced compared to the last build, but still higher than the default value. Light and shadow colors been enhanced more realistically in all weathers as well. Lastly, fixed the issue of having the weathers 'Sunny Windy', 'Foggy', 'Lightning', and to some extent 'Rainy' and 'Drizzly' look blurry in a strange way.

Still lazy to take some screenshots, but might do it sometime. 😜

Jinx.

Gonna install it later. CleanIV is too oversaturated at times, and this is just perfect for me.

Jinx.
Posted (edited)

Sorry for the double post, but I wanna share a pic.

unknown.png

Not having any pic does this mod injustice, imo. You really need to do some. It's not that hard to press printscreen and upload somewhere.

Edited by Jinx.

iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Jinx. said:

Sorry for the double post, but I wanna share a pic.

Spoiler

unknown.png

Not having any pic does this mod injustice, imo. You really need to do some. It's not that hard to press printscreen and upload somewhere.

Definitely not hard, but I was thinking of taking pics for several times of every weather. Felt a little lazy, you know. 😜 But I'm thinking of doing so sometime soon.

Thanks for the pic. 😉

iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)
  • Refined certain weathers from appearing way too blurry and/or bright in certain hours.
  • Made some minor enhancements to the brightness of the horizontal line of weathers Extra Sunny, Sunny, Windy and Cloudy.
  • Made some minor enhancements to the water's color, reflection and transparent value in certain weathers.
  • Removed the horizontal line off the Cloudy nights since it appears somewhat greenish in the black sky.
  • Cloudy weather has been made cloudier during the most of the day hours.

iiCriminnaaL 49
  • An appropriate balance has been set between the values of Gamma, Gamma Far, Exposure and BP Threshold (connected to blur and smoothness) throughout all hours between all weathers, which gives a generally smoother vision that is more consistent between all weathers, as well as a more appropriate and consistent amount of brightness and contrast.
  • Reduced the value of the Color Correction (which is still grey to give a clean vision) so that brightness and contrast will look best suited at the default display settings.
  • Enhanced the height and brightness of the sky's horizontal line during the day hours of weathers Extra Sunny, Sunny, Windy and Cloudy.
  • The sky's color of weathers Extra Sunny, Sunny, Windy and Cloudy is now more saturated during the day hours.
  • Instead of tending to red or orange as their default colors, clouds have been recolored to pure white/grey (depending on the weather and hour) in certain hours of certain weathers, with their color being affected by the sky and sun.

iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)
  • 'Sunny Windy' nights are now less bluish than before. Somewhat similar to 'Foggy'.

• The sun now has more realistic colors and brightness during all hours of every weather, and its values are now somewhat more consistent between the weathers.

• Increased the sunlight's brightness in several day hours of every weather, more noticeably in 'Rainy', 'Drizzly' and 'Lightning', as well as their sky.

• Fixed a few weathers looking too blurry, bright or dark in certain hours (again).

Jinx.
Posted (edited)

I think the visualsettings' file format is wrong. It's a .dat in the archive. Also cloudy barely looks cloudy since the last few versions.

Edited by Jinx.

iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Jinx. said:

I think the visualsettings' file format is wrong. It's a .dat in the archive.

There's actually two visualsettings files, one with .dat format and one with .xls (which I haven't done any changes to).

3 hours ago, Jinx. said:

Also cloudy barely looks cloudy since the last few versions.

I reduced the clouds a little, but it still has more clouds than Extra Sunny, Sunny and Windy. But I'll see how it looks if I increase them.

EDIT: Increased.

JoeVK78

I've been using VisualIV 1.8 and made a few tweaks to it to suit my taste, and stuck with it for 3 years, but I removed it today because I'm thinking about trying this out. I wish there were more screenshots of it, but I'm willing to give it a shot anyway.

iiCriminnaaL 49
2 minutes ago, JoeVK78 said:

I've been using VisualIV 1.8 and made a few tweaks to it to suit my taste, and stuck with it for 3 years, but I removed it today because I'm thinking about trying this out. I wish there were more screenshots of it, but I'm willing to give it a shot anyway.

I already thought of taking some screenshots, but didn't decide when exactly, especially since I update the mod every now and then. Even more, there're some minor enhancements that I make every now and then, but don't feel it's really worth it to mention them all.

Anyway, I hope you'll like it 😉👌.

JoeVK78

Thanks, so do I! If I have any critiques or suggestions, I'll let you know.

iiCriminnaaL 49

Some new enhancements:

• Clouds now generally have a more realistic balance between brightness and darkness in weathers Extra Sunny, Sunny, Windy and Cloudy, especially during the day hours, as well as the night hours of weathers Rainy, Drizzly and Lightning.
  • Increased the saturation of the sky's color in the day hours of the first four mentioned weathers.
  • Some minor enhancements to the sky's brightness in the first four mentioned weathers.

iiCriminnaaL 49
  • Foggy weather has been recycled. It's now a modified version of Windy, with several assets borrowed from the original Foggy weather.
  • Some minor changes to the sunlight's values in weathers Extra Sunny, Sunny, Windy and Cloudy, which also include making the differences between Extra Sunny and Sunny more noticeable and somewhat more significant than before (still not too much different, though).