4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Cyberpunk 2077 and the future of GTA

AnimalFather

"Cyberpunk will challenge GTA for the open world King"656135804678045718.png

Still waiting for a game that can compete with GTA series in sales and technical stuff and ETC!

CP2077 and WD series failed! who is next?

Edited by WanteD1
  • Like 3
Collibosher
1 minute ago, WanteD1 said:

"Cyberpunk will challenge GTA for the open world King"656135804678045718.png

Still waiting for a game that can compete with GTA series in sales and technical stuff and ETC!

Red dead redemption?

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1
StuntMaster100
1 minute ago, wise_man said:

Now I believe that there's some curse for anyone who trying to compete Rockstar's open-world action game.

Nobody else has the amount of resources/money rockstar has.\

But Ubisoft is a pretty big company. If they took their time they could make a gta quality open world. Unfortunately they just rush their games as fast as possible.

• Like 2
Kris194
53 minutes ago, WanteD1 said:

No one, CP2077 could try to compete with GTA series while being different of course but CDPR choosed quick cash grab. Publishers like Ubisoft or EA simply don't care enough about singleplayer games.

35 minutes ago, StuntMaster100 said:

Nobody else has the amount of resources/money rockstar has.\

It's not just about the money/resources. GTA IV was released 12 years ago, it did cost about ~100 mln $ to develop, it was released for Xbox360/PS3, it had quite small map for ~2020 standards and no one, literally no one tried to compete even with this. No other company cares about the world in their games as much as Rockstar does.

Edited by Kris194
  • Like 2
StuntMaster100
33 minutes ago, Kris194 said:

No one, CP2077 could try to compete with GTA series while being different of course but CDPR choosed quick cash grab. Publishers like Ubisoft or EA simply don't care enough about singleplayer games.

It's not just about the money/resources. GTA IV was released 12 years ago, it did cost about ~100 mln $ to develop, it was released for Xbox360/PS3, it had quite small map for ~2020 standards and no one, literally no one tried to compete even with this. No other company cares about the world in their games as much as Rockstar does.

agreed. Rockstar simply puts in more effort into the world little details and characters

• Like 2

They designed a beautiful city, perhaps the best ever designed.

But a beautiful city devoid of activities and populated by such meaningless citizens can't challenge GTA.

• Like 1
On 7/20/2020 at 4:21 PM, Zello said:

This is CDPR saying I'm here! We have arrived! This is our coming out party. Not only are we going to release a popular game but we are now in the power position. We have come out of the shadows and into the spotlight. They aren't going to monetize their game are looking at whether or not to add microtransactions and plan on people playing it for years with single player expansions and multiplayer.

RPBYlM0.png?1

This aged badly. Feel free to clown me 656135804678045718.png

3uqhRdO.png?1

Edited by Zello
  • Like 1
  • KEKW 6

Mods should lock this topic. Nothing substantial would come from it expect pissing on CDPR and OP.

• Like 7
Algonquin Assassin

Before Cyberpunk 2077’s release: “R* should worry, a new challenger is on the block, GTA is dead ROFL”.

After Cyberpunk 2077’s release when CDPR’s stock plummeted and the buggy as f*ck mess was released to the whole world.

R*: “Hold my beer son”.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin
  • Like 3
Americana

I seriously wonder why did somebody think that it really could happen? 

I mean, even if this game was as awesome as it was promised, then... how could it even compete with any Grand Theft Auto game? Maybe Grand Theft Auto: Online.

This weird-ass game was produced for for those who love futuristic crap, or for those who just wanna have fun. Grand Theft Auto games are (or at least were) about something totally different. I don't play Grand Theft Auto games for some weird fantasy about the future. I play the game because I want to play as a gangster in a contemporary (or not contemporary) United States of America.

So... what the hell were people thinking?

Edited by Americana
  • Like 2
Americana
54 minutes ago, Zapper said:

Mods should lock this topic. Nothing substantial would come from it expect pissing on CDPR and OP.

His statement was so ridiculous we should be able to piss on him.

• Like 1
  • KEKW 3
1 minute ago, Americana said:

His statement was so ridiculous we should be able to piss on him.

f*ck it. Just let it go. We already know the outcome so let's not waste our time on this petty bullsh*t.

• Like 2
DeltaV20

Gta V is a huge sandbox game and cyberpunk is a rpg game , CP 2077 didn't even beaten gta V , just look at the comparison vids on internet

• Like 2
GRINCH ASS BITCH

I wanted this game to provide Rockstar with solid competition, I really did. Instead, it wound up in the same bin as all of the other "GTA killers."

DLC and patches will help, but only so much.

• Like 1
rjmthe2nd

People that thought CP would challenge Rockstar doesn't know much about video games. 

CDPR made one decent game before cyberpunk....what the actual fukk lol

17 minutes ago, rjmthe2nd said:

People that thought CP would challenge Rockstar doesn't know much about video games. 

CDPR made one decent game before cyberpunk....what the actual fukk lol

The marketing team for Cyberpunk portrayed the game almost like it would be the next GTA 3 and be above and beyond all other open world games. Cd Projekt Red’s positive reputation after Witcher 3 combined with cherry-picked gameplay footage not representive of the final product fooled a ton of people into buying into the extensive marketing. It’s funny because Red Dead Redemption 2 actually feels 5-10 years ahead of other open world games and I don’t even GTA 6 will be as detailed as it was. Yet it didn’t market itself like like that. Meanwhile an average open world RPG markets itself to the point where it’s one of the most anticipated games of all time. The investors traded in the developer’s well-earned positive reputation for a quick buck. Ouch.

• Like 4
rjmthe2nd
11 minutes ago, GTAhare said:

The marketing team for Cyberpunk portrayed the game almost like it would be the next GTA 3 and be above and beyond all other open world games. Cd Projekt Red’s positive reputation after Witcher 3 combined with cherry-picked gameplay footage not representive of the final product fooled a ton of people into buying into the extensive marketing. It’s funny because Red Dead Redemption 2 actually feels 5-10 years ahead of other open world games and I don’t even GTA 6 will be as detailed as it was. Yet it didn’t market itself like like that. Meanwhile an average open world RPG markets itself to the point where it’s one of the most anticipated games of all time. The investors traded in the developer’s well-earned positive reputation for a quick buck. Ouch.

Sad situation. Their stocks dropped 28% after 7-8 years of development yet still released a game that somehow wasn't ready and isn't as huge as RDR 2. 

I'm actually fine with never playing a CDPR game, they've always been overrated. I know it's like I'm hating but it's just facts.

I'm not sure if Dan Houser leaving or the trend of making fun of Rockstar put the battery in Project Red's back to throw shade but LMAO. 

Would be hilarious if Dan Houser was just taking a mental break and comes back to write the GOAT video game to humiliate them.

Edited by rjmthe2nd
  • Like 2
Thomas Cavendish
8 hours ago, DeltaV20 said:

Gta V is a huge sandbox game and cyberpunk is a rpg game , CP 2077 didn't even beaten gta V , just look at the comparison vids on internet

Some npc's reactions look like San Andreas' from 2004, when a gunfire happens.

DexMacLeod

I never got the impression that Cyberpunk was supposed to be remotely like a GTA game. I'm not sure why fans ever started making those comparisons. I certainly never saw anything in their marketing that suggested that. They mostly focused on player choice and branching storylines from what I saw. 

• Like 4
The Wolf Man

I think this game is more cyberpunk than Cyberpunk 2077 itself, and it is just as good. It doesn't have an open-world, but let's be honest, Night City isn't that much of a big deal and doesn't make that much difference.

Edited by The Wolf Man
Algonquin Assassin
8 minutes ago, DexMacLeod said:

I never got the impression that Cyberpunk was supposed to be remotely like a GTA game. I'm not sure why fans ever started making those comparisons. I certainly never saw anything in their marketing that suggested that. They mostly focused on player choice and branching storylines from what I saw. 

Because it happens with every open world game that vaguely resembles a GTA game. Remember True Crime,  Watch Dogs, Mafia III and so on? Anytime there's a new GTA like open world game people hype it to sh*t as the next big thing to challenge R* and more often than not that is NOT the case.

RenegadeAngel

As far as I'm concerned, driving in Cyberpunk is the only thing remotely resembling a GTA game. It's a game for a different audience with a different approach to everything. I myself was very excited up until the first showcase as I was expecting a GTA clone in a futuristic setting with RPG elements, but as soon as I saw the first person view, my excitement completely plummeted. They had decided to make a more complex and diverse Deus Ex game. 

• Like 2