3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Cyberpunk 2077 and the future of GTA

AnimalFather

The game suffered from very short developing time given the scope of the game (started in late 2016) and management thought that anything is possible given their success with Witcher 3 and its expansions. I am sure they will eventually get it right with all free dlcs and expansions (which I hope will add cut content), but that will take quite some time.

The difference is that Rockstar wouldn't push out a game that is barely working at all (if we talk about console versions, with PC it's a bit worse).

If the game was pushed to at least late 2021, things would have been different, E3 2018 reveal shouldn't happen at all and the release date reveal at E3 2019 was even a bigger mistake.

Jabalous
On 9/3/2018 at 2:34 PM, AnimalFather said:

I think for the first time Rockstar has competition when it comes to the contemporary open world genre.

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1
  • KEKW 14
dirtycopVCPD

Maybe the lesson is not to announce a game eight years before it comes out.

• Like 3
Short Dawg
On 1/22/2021 at 8:50 PM, suicidal_banana said:

https://www.polygon.com/2020/12/22/22195741/cyberpunk-2077-sales-figures-platforms-refunds-ps5-pc-xbox-one

It actually broke sales records, but THIS IS A GTA FORUM CAN WE STOP TALKING ABOUT CP'77 IN EVERY THREAD?

But according to CDPR fanboys & girls , this game was supposed to put Rockstar out of business forever lol , in the words of Omar from "the wire" : *when you come for the king , you better not miss* 

• Like 2
MostWantedMVP

I knew there was something off with Cyberpunk from the trailers, there was no actual gameplay shown (comparing it to something like Red Dead 2's gameplay series.) False advertising at it's finest. At least with Rockstar you know you're getting a quality product!

• Like 2
KatanaDV20

I hope the GTA franchise never heads down the same path as a Cyberpunk or Saints Row. Online is already so far from the "Grand Theft Auto" vibe its no fun anymore. Its a clown-scifi military mess full of flying cars, flying bikes, ICBM launchers, jet fighters, alien ray guns, orbiting nuclear cannon and whatnot. I do not want this to be the theme to a new SP GTA title (which is a topic in itself as Online rakes in so much cash for R*, will they even bother with a new SP story?).

As cliched as it sounds I hope whatevers coming next sticks to the GTA roots and carries on making the SP experience feel like we are street/corporate criminals first and foremost in a believable current (not scifi) world. Corrupt cops, robbing banks, robbing people, heists, stealing vehicles, joining gangs, drive bys, turf battles, weapons smuggling etc.

Edited by KatanaDV20
  • Like 6
t-p-d-a
On 1/31/2021 at 5:34 PM, KatanaDV20 said:

I hope the GTA franchise never heads down the same path as a Cyberpunk or Saints Row. Online is already so far from the "Grand Theft Auto" vibe its no fun anymore. Its a clown-scifi military mess full of flying cars, flying bikes, ICBM launchers, jet fighters, alien ray guns, orbiting nuclear cannon and whatnot. I do not want this to be the theme to a new SP GTA title (which is a topic in itself as Online rakes in so much cash for R*, will they even bother with a new SP story?).

As cliched as it sounds I hope whatevers coming next sticks to the GTA roots and carries on making the SP experience feel like we are street/corporate criminals first and foremost in a believable current (not scifi) world. Corrupt cops, robbing banks, robbing people, heists, stealing vehicles, joining gangs, drive bys, turf battles, weapons smuggling etc.

You are absoluty right.  I really like in GTA IV there is no tank, jet oder military helicopter.. GTA IV feels like a crime game. I really wish this will be the direction for the future for GTA... GTA Online is just a mess. Nothing is balanced.

• Like 2
methcraft
On 1/30/2021 at 3:47 PM, MostWantedMVP said:

I knew there was something off with Cyberpunk from the trailers, there was no actual gameplay shown (comparing it to something like Red Dead 2's gameplay series.) False advertising at it's finest. At least with Rockstar you know you're getting a quality product!

gta online was pretty messy tho at launch... but yeah it was a new thing for rockstar. but it makes me really fearful for that cyberpunk online thing that's suppose to come out one day...

Geisterfaust
On 2/2/2021 at 3:11 PM, t-p-d-a said:

You are absoluty right.  I really like in GTA IV there is no tank, jet oder military helicopter.. GTA IV feels like a crime game. I really wish this will be the direction for the future for GTA... GTA Online is just a mess. Nothing is balanced.

Honesly, there is a SWAT APC with explosive cannon, as close to a tank as it could be. The catch is that it was actually introduced as a part of SP DLC. And I do love the crime vibe from IV, it's down to the ground and IMO that was the last true GTA I have played. V introduced a lot of lore-breaking things and Online is not really GTA at all with 10 cars to steal from the streets. That's a joke.

On 1/31/2021 at 7:34 PM, KatanaDV20 said:

And if we need to go in the past for that, so be it. I don't mind rolling back in time to avoid social media, car sales via mobile phones, portable cameras and stuff like that. Although I don't think that it's necessary to go back in time to achieve it, but the game from 80-90s would have been great. 

Western Gunslinger

Isn't it nice when the community actually condemn bad business practices instead of simply shouting "you're just an ungrateful entitled hater"?

GTAF could learn a thing or two about that

Edited by Western Gunslinger
Kris194

I look at RDRII and CP2077 and I know one thing, I don't want CP2077 to be future of GTA :D

Edited by Kris194
jje1000
On 1/21/2021 at 10:18 AM, Gettin up said:

Cyberpunk 2077 failed. The future of GTA is bright.

Optimistic, it still requires Rockstar to release another GTA game to actually prove they've still got it, and that they haven't contracted Big Studio syndrome like CDPR did.