Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Arena War
      2. After Hours
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA Next

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

CHARMANDER50

Catalina in San Andreas

Recommended Posts

CHARMANDER50

 

Catalina in San Andreas is another Catalina from GTAIII presumably killed 

by Claude( GTA2, GTAIII) canon.


Catalina was a resident of Liberty City, the leader of the Colombian Cartel in 2001 and cousin of Cesar Vialpando. 

 

Catalina, residing in a cabin in Red County, San Andreas, meets Carl Johnson at the suggestion of her cousin Cesar. The two then begin to commit various robberies across the county's four towns, with the two becoming an item. She dumps CJ for Claude the reason is unknown?

 

 

Catalina and Claude, after leaving San Andreas, begin a nine year journey to Liberty City, going through many American states committing bank robberies, including Texas and New Mexico. The two, at some point, return to San Andreas ______________________________________?

The two, however, continue on their journey to Liberty City, reaching their destination in October 2001

 

 

Is Catalina surname unknown (GTA SA) the same Catalina in GTAIII ,

Who knows the real story?

Edited by CHARMANDER50

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mde2

How is anything you said evidence for there being two different Catalinas? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wolff

You know GTA SA comes before III in the timeline? They never 'return to San Andreas', they left together to Liberty City.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CHARMANDER50
47 minutes ago, Wolff said:

You know GTA SA comes before III in the timeline? They never 'return to San Andreas', they left together to Liberty City.

 

Your sayin'? Why would Catalina & Claude return to SA.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wolff
43 minutes ago, CHARMANDER50 said:

 

Your sayin'? Why would Catalina & Claude return to SA.?

Misunderstood your post, but as RetroMystic said, why would there be 2 Catalina's?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CHARMANDER50
11 minutes ago, Wolff said:

Misunderstood your post, but as RetroMystic said, why would there be 2 Catalina's?

 

For your own fickle mindset , you can digest such data about two 

Catalina's which is part of the GTA story.

 

First CJ's Catalina was different from the Catalina describe as the 

leader of the Colombian cartel.

 

Claude left SA for Liberty City together with CJ's Catalina after 

she dumps the latter.

 

It was an identity as all crime stories there exist a secret to her departure in the plot that was originally written by the writer who was strangely confused by the timeline in relation to GTAIII which mentions Catalina in a unique perspective.

 

The writer was referring to the demands of the missions gameplay 

was stressed over the story further confusing the poor , burdened ,

tired writer. Talk about a bad story.

 

Timeline GTA SA with the GTAIII canon.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Str33tD4wg

GTA SA is set in 1992 and GTA 3 in 2001. Catalina from GTA SA is the same Catalina from GTA 3, you can realize that by the same voice actress, same personality, both have same nationality and also because she starts dating claude (from GTA 3) dating the same guy she tried to kill 9 years after she met him, rockstar even confirms it! Even if rockstar didnt confirmed, it's to much coincidence if there were 2 equall catalinas!

 

Edited by Str33tD4wg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AxA

rockstar logic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CHARMANDER50
14 hours ago, Str33tD4wg said:

GTA SA is set in 1992 and GTA 3 in 2001. Catalina from GTA SA is the same Catalina from GTA 3, you can realize that by the same voice actress, same personality, both have same nationality and also because she starts dating claude (from GTA 3) dating the same guy she tried to kill 9 years after she met him, rockstar even confirms it! Even if rockstar didnt confirmed, it's to much coincidence if there were 2 equall catalinas!

 

 

This Catalina in SA who supposedly traded CJ for Claude because of cash is unconfirmed.

 

Catalina & the Colombians are a new thing , It is non--canon story in 

GTA3 that Claude killed Catalina in the final mission.

 

This Catalina left CJ to join Claude to tempT CJ to kill him.

Is a distinct one from the Catalina who left CJ because money 

got in that way .

 

We must study the canon , or the story is lost forever !

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Str33tD4wg

Your mind is the one lost forever!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Motherstep

I'll admit I'm struggling to see what you're saying here. Catalina likely dropped CJ because he wasn't "man" enough. Claude represented everything Catalina wanted - a strong, fearless man without morals and didn't answer back. This can be seen as detrimental though, because he is essentially a lap dog. Even Maria calls him "Fido". On the surface he is a cold killer. Deep down, he's a pawn.

 

There's nothing to suggest at all that there are two Catalina's, and also nothing to suggest that Claude killing Catalina in GTAIII is non-canon. It's right there in the game and serves as the climax to the plot. I don't see how that could be perceived as anything else as fact. We can only speculate as to why Catalina left CJ to go off with Claude, but we do know she's an opportunist, greedy and selfish woman who hates men and will do whatever she can to make money. It's this stem of betrayal that ultimately turned Claude against her and this brings the story full circle.

 

Catalina's appearance in SA is fan service, but it also sets up her origins in true "look, everybody came from the same place" R* fashion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CHARMANDER50
1 minute ago, ∴ said:

 

 

There's nothing to suggest at all that there are two Catalina's, and also nothing to suggest that Claude killing Catalina in GTAIII is non-canon. It's right there in the game and serves as the climax to the plot. I don't see how that could be perceived as anything else as fact. We can only speculate as to why Catalina left CJ to go off with Claude, but we do know she's an opportunist, greedy and selfish woman who hates men and will do whatever she can to make money. It's this stem of betrayal that ultimately turned Claude against her and this brings the story full circle.

 

Catalina's appearance in SA is fan service, but it also sets up her origins in true "look, everybody came from the same place" R* fashion.

 

The Catalina in GTA3 took a shot off Claude because Claude would 

not do the right thing, that is get rid of CJ.

 

Death of Catalina is non--canon R* story.

 

The REAL Catalina that CJ was with, doing some low -_level recon 

on low FPS , about the real story is all about the dirty work this CJ/Catalina did in LS San Andreas proves that CJ loves money more than his girl.

 

Prompting notifications on Catalina to bounce outta CJ's turf not 

necessarily joining Claude. Canon ?

 

Catalina left the building

 

 allowing the entry of a new Catalina in 

Claude's GTAIII canon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Motherstep

I'm still not seeing any evidence that there's two Catalina's... or that her death was somehow non-canonical?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Str33tD4wg
52 minutes ago, ∴ said:

I'm still not seeing any evidence that there's two Catalina's... or that her death was somehow non-canonical?

He's a troller. Ignore this kid. He looks for trouble everywhere!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Motherstep

He's good. He got me. I'm still baffled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CHARMANDER50
10 hours ago, ∴ said:

I'm still not seeing any evidence that there's two Catalina's... or that her death was somehow non-canonical?

 

First off I share with you a important aspect in the CJ /Catalina run, 

where both hit on LS doing some crimes 459/211. Low profile as it may seem 

dough runs no.After this Catalina left the scene(departs from CJ canon).SA Catalina went home it meant canon.

 

Catalina has been a Claude associate before clinging to CJ for a spec. Mission in SA gameplay although non--canon.

 

Gameplay could be non--canon.

 

Remember Catalina is closely associated to the Colombians.GTAIII 

Catalina.

 

Liberty tree-----Manny Escuela 

 

Catalina(SA) leaves CJ for Claude in gameplay non--canon.

In canon Catalina(GTAIII) SURNAME unknown is the leader of the Cartel.

 

Edited by CHARMANDER50

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lioshenka

I think I know what he means.

 

Catalina that you rob the bank with and Catalina that you rob the liqueur store with are 2 different Catalinas. Moreover, Catalina that races with Claude is yet another Catalina.

 

Most importantly, in the last cutscene there are two different Catalinas: one of them dumps Carl, and another one leaves with Claude.

 

So embarrassing of R* to miss this obvious plothole.

Edited by Lioshenka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Evil empire

Catalina doesn't exist, she's another illusion from the Matrix. ^_^

 

Seriously speaking, in addition to a good set of missions and memorable dialogues Catalina's and Claude's cameo in GTA SA gives more sense to the scenario in GTA 3. It implies the psycho woman tried to murder Claude in 1992 which explains why she becomes a high-ranking member of the cartel and matches Claude's 10 years conviction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CHARMANDER50
On 9/2/2018 at 7:23 AM, Lioshenka said:

I think I know what he means.

 

Catalina that you rob the bank with and Catalina that you rob the liqueur store with are 2 different Catalinas. Moreover, Catalina that races with Claude is yet another Catalina

Most importantly, in the last cutscene there are two different Catalinas: one of them dumps Carl, and another one leaves with Claude

So embarrassing of R* to miss this obvious plothole.

 

 

Catalina is with CJ until Claude ( orders Catalina to dump CJ) , she 

immediately complies. Catalina goes back home to Red County.

 

After The End of the Line mission, CJ is back in Grove Street , he receives the phone call from Catalina.

(sandbox mode gameplay)

 

Claude returns alone to Liberty City (GTAIII) .

 

Intro cutscene in GTAIII proves that it ain't the same Catalina from SA.

 

In the GTAIII Catalina ( Cartel) escapes from Claude THE EXCHANGE Mission.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.