El Payaso

Is nightclub promotion worth it?

crybaby17h16
On 8/29/2018 at 10:22 AM, FaultyCanetoad said:

I have ocd so i can't help but emptying it every time i'm in my club ūüėē

sweetie, seriously ocd ?

whywontyoulisten
16 hours ago, Fireboyd78 said:

I f*cking hate nightclub promotion, everyone is a goddamn jackass and somehow even though I delivered the stolen supplies successfully (and watched the truck enter the warehouse!), I got blown up and failed the mission. As I entered the f*cking nightclub service bay.

This sh*t pisses me off. Thanks, R*!

You can do promotion in invite only lobbies.....

crybaby17h16

i'm too tired to do the math, but as i see, its not worth it..

i just do it to keep the night club high, no benefits from it, that 10.000 for just the idea of keeping the place popular and cozy with people, everyone is fake and dancing. it feels like u running the place and fill that emptiness in your chest. get that 10.000 back in that income tho

i just like it popular and full of people whenever i'm entering, if im losing something then i don't give a damn tbh.. love u 

On 10/2/2018 at 10:42 AM, fryday said:

i planned to ignore ny club popularity from now on, because its boring now. but then i thought its much more economic to switch djs at a high popularity. pay 10k every 96 minutes‚ÄĒ>¬†get 10k every 48 minutes

sweetie you sure about that timing? so every hour and half those full 5 bar drops to 4.5 bar.. right?

Confuzzeled
4 minutes ago, crybaby17h16 said:

i'm too tired to do the math, but as i see, its not worth it..

i just do it to keep the night club high, no benefits from it, that 10.000 for just the idea of keeping the place popular and cozy with people, everyone is fake and dancing. it feels like u running the place and fill that emptiness in your chest. get that 10.000 back in that income tho

i just like it popular and full of people whenever i'm entering, if im losing something then i don't give a damn tbh.. love u 

So does switching djs give you full popularity?  I've heard some people say yes, others say it only gives you one bar. :/

crybaby17h16
4 minutes ago, Confuzzeled said:

So does switching djs give you full popularity?  I've heard some people say yes, others say it only gives you one bar. :/

sweetheart its not even a bar, swithcing dj gives u just a half bar.

you need to have a full popularity 5 bars, then comeback from time to time to switch the dj so you can keep the bar popularity full

Confuzzeled
3 hours ago, crybaby17h16 said:

sweetheart its not even a bar, swithcing dj gives u just a half bar.

you need to have a full popularity 5 bars, then comeback from time to time to switch the dj so you can keep the bar popularity full

Seriously?! Fudge me sideways! Well, that's me continuing on with a zero popularity rating lol. 

Even with double nightclub income atm, it doesn't seem at all worth it. 

Anyway,  thanks nonetheless.  :)

crybaby17h16
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Confuzzeled said:

Seriously?! Fudge me sideways! Well, that's me continuing on with a zero popularity rating lol. 

Even with double nightclub income atm, it doesn't seem at all worth it. 

Anyway,  thanks nonetheless.  :)

when ever i find myself in my nightclub i take that income from the safe and pay with it that 10.000 for switching the dj, nothing important nothing serious.. just a click u know.

sometimes, like if i deliver a business battle, i dance there, a little, lose myself in reach out your hand..

well, love.. a little party never killed nobody ūüėė

thank u too love

Edited by crybaby17h16

Confuzzeled
12 hours ago, crybaby17h16 said:

when ever i find myself in my nightclub i take that income from the safe and pay with it that 10.000 for switching the dj, nothing important nothing serious.. just a click u know.

sometimes, like if i deliver a business battle, i dance there, a little, lose myself in reach out your hand..

well, love.. a little party never killed nobody ūüėė

thank u too love

Lol, perhaps you're on to something.  Though my popularity is completely depleted atm. I'm not certain how long it'd take to get back to full. 

Don't you need to first spend 100k to initially employ a new DJ before you can swap DJs? 

crybaby17h16
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Confuzzeled said:

Lol, perhaps you're on to something.  Though my popularity is completely depleted atm. I'm not certain how long it'd take to get back to full. 

Don't you need to first spend 100k to initially employ a new DJ before you can swap DJs? 

when after hours was out, i bought a full upgraded night club and i hired every dj by 4 weeks of dripfeed or whatever they call it.

so yeah i had everything from the begining, exept a full popularity, i use to play some promote club missions as they remind me tbogt, but soon i just forget about them..

lately i just knew about the idea that switching dj gives popularity, so why not switching dj and you know having a satisfying night club.

so i switch dj until i get full popularity, i spent maybe a 100k in 5 min to switch them until full popularity, yeah but who cares.

now i have full popular night club and from time to time i spend that 10.000 to switch dj and keep that popularity up..

ūüėė¬†ūüėė¬†ūüĒäūüé∂ūü漬†lov u

Edited by crybaby17h16

just do it bob1

No, it's not. Too much time. For what? A lousy 70k and more people dancing in your club? Since I got all the trophies in my club, I have literally forgotten about it. 

Confuzzeled
1 hour ago, crybaby17h16 said:

when after hours was out, i bought a full upgraded night club and i hired every dj by 4 weeks of dripfeed or whatever they call it.

so yeah i had everything from the begining, exept a full popularity, i use to play some promote club missions as they remind me tbog, but soon i just forget about them..

lately i just knew about the idea that switching dj gives popularity, so why not switching dj and you know having a satisfying night club.

so i switch dj until i get full popularity, i spent maybe a 100k in 5 min to switch them until full popularity, yeah but who cares.

now i have full popular night club and from time to time i spend that 10.000 to switch dj and keep that popularity up..

ūüėė¬†ūüėė¬†ūüĒäūüé∂ūü漬†lov u

Ah ok. All good. 

I feel as though instead I need to buy a counterfeit money and weed farm, as right now I only have coke, meth, warehouse and bunker, which nets me just under 300k. As far as I know, if you have alk required businesses you can make 1.6 million. 

Not %100 certain of that though. :/

crybaby17h16
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Confuzzeled said:

Ah ok. All good. 

I feel as though instead I need to buy a counterfeit money and weed farm, as right now I only have coke, meth, warehouse and bunker, which nets me just under 300k. As far as I know, if you have alk required businesses you can make 1.6 million. 

Not %100 certain of that though. :/

sweetheart, either you only gonna play the game to have fun, or to waste your time trying to make money.. you should play for fun only, don't waste your time and energy in making money from those ugly businesses. just don't .

how you even have the energy to run all those businesses, you have so many, aren't you tired of checking everytime on all of them, selling all the time, for what 300.000?

oh, you need an army to sell a full stock of all of theses.. i can't even imagine you traveling the whole map time and again to check on every business.. 

sweetie, you are not a machine okay, take care of yourself you are just a human wants to have fun. 

so first of all, all those MC club businesses are bad, not worth it at all, just the name makes me wanna puke. so don't touch them.

Buy a fully upgraded chumash bunker, don't upgrade the security, only buy supplies, do not steal, when the bunker is in full stock you sell, switch session until you fine the two phantom wedge or 3 insurgents with just 3 drops, one drop for each insurgent. (DONT DO THE SELL OF INSURGENTS WITH 15 DROPS).

you gonna make a 1 million from the bunker.

that's all. save ur money until you have enough to buy what you want.

you can buy a vehicule warehouse full with low and medium range, so you only source and sell top range cars from time to time if you need like a quick 100.000/ 150.000 in 30 min.

since you have all those mc business, buy a night club, with that upgrade that helps the stock ( i forgot what is is) and you can sell from time to time when it hits that 300.000/ 400.000.

all the other businesses are really painful and takes too mcuh energy.. you don't need that.

if you wanna play those mc, air frieght, cargo warehouse missions for the fun and gameplay, its cool, but NEVER EVER TO MAKE MONEY .

thats it, its only my opinion, thats how i feel about all of this, you don't need to listen to what i say, i maybe all wrong, in the end its just my opinion and what do i know anyway..

love u¬†‚̧ԳŹ

Edited by crybaby17h16

Confuzzeled
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, crybaby17h16 said:

sweetheart, either you only gonna play the game to have fun, or to waste your time trying to make money.. you should play for fun only, don't waste your time and energy in making money from those ugly businesses. just don't .

how you even have the energy to run all those businesses, you have so many, aren't you tired of checking everytime on all of them, selling all the time, for what 300.000?

oh, you need an army to sell a full stock of all of theses.. i can't even imagine you traveling the whole map time and again to check on every business.. 

sweetie, you are not a machine okay, take care of yourself you are just a human wants to have fun. 

so first of all, all those MC club businesses are bad, not worth it at all, just the name makes me wanna puke. so don't touch them.

Buy a fully upgraded chumash bunker, don't upgrade the security, only buy supplies, do not steal, when the bunker is in full stock you sell, switch session until you fine the two phantom wedge or 3 insurgents with just 3 drops, one drop for each insurgent. (DONT DO THE SELL OF INSURGENTS WITH 15 DROPS).

you gonna make a 1 million from the bunker.

that's all. save ur money until you have enough to buy what you want.

you can buy a vehicule warehouse full with low and medium range, so you only source and sell top range cars from time to time if you need like a quick 100.000/ 150.000 in 30 min.

since you have all those mc business, buy a night club, with that upgrade that helps the stock ( i forgot what is is) and you can sell from time to time when it hits that 300.000/ 400.000.

all the other businesses are really painful and takes too mcuh energy.. you don't need that.

if you wanna play those mc, air frieght, cargo warehouse missions for the fun and gameplay, its cool, but NEVER EVER TO MAKE MONEY .

thats it, its only my opinion, thats how i feel about all of this, you don't need to listen to what i say, i maybe all wrong, in the end its just my opinion and what do i know anyway..

love u¬†‚̧ԳŹ

Thing is, I've pretty much done the hard work.  All the sort of "grinding" is more or less over. I took advantage of the double cash event starting on Christmas day, made loads of cash and xp and bought several businesses.  Now, virtually all my income is passive which leaves me to do what I'd like.  

I bought the MC businesses that I own, not to do coke or meth deliveries.  Instead, I didn't upgrade any of them, don't ever use them in fact. They just generate passive income via my nightclub and that's it. Just do bunker sales, (as you say, I just buy supplies) nightclub sales and crates. 

If I was to buy document forgery or weed business,  I'd simply buy them, then forget about them and let the nighclub make me the money.  :)

9 minutes ago, Confuzzeled said:

Thing is, I've pretty much done the hard work.  All the sort of "grinding" is more or less over. I took advantage of the double cash event starting on Christmas day, made loads of cash and xp and bought several businesses.  Now, virtually all my income is passive which leaves me to do what I'd like.  

I bought the MC businesses that I own, not to do coke or meth deliveries.  Instead, I didn't upgrade any of them, don't ever use them in fact. They just generate passive income via my nightclub and that's it. Just do bunker sales, (as you say, I just buy supplies) nightclub sales and crates. 

If I was to buy document forgery or weed business,  I'd simply buy them, then forget about them and let the nighclub make me the money.  :)

Credit to these guys btw. :

https://gtaforums.com/topic/922596-oppressor-and-the-nightclub/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-1070601488

Edited by Confuzzeled

smokified

The staff upgrade is very much worth it.

halapeno71

Would everyone agree that Headhunter is a worthwhile activity?  20k for five minutes of work?  

If you agree on that, then you should agree that 10k for what amounts to two to three of your time is worth it.  Because that's all maintaining full nightclub popularity takes.  You go to your NC once every two ingame days, grab your 20k out of the safe and flip your DJ for 10k (from one of the basements so you can skip the cutscene).  That's it.  Like two to three minutes of your time and you've netted 10k.

And when it's a double nightclub income event, you're actually making triple.  Because while the income is doubled, the cost to rebook a DJ remains the same.  So, after two ingame days, you have 40k in your safe instead of 20k, minus 10k to rebook a DJ for a net profit of 30k.  And you're just walking in and out of a building, basically.

PkUnzipper
Posted (edited)

Now that the double promo is over, no¬†ūüėÖ

must admit it looked extremely weird seeing a "packed" status bar¬†when there were so¬†few NPCs outside and inside the club.¬†ūü§™¬†Then checking in on the computer. Getting that $70k welfare bonus from the safe. And the free Mcbeth drink all for 50% effort. The holiday season promo was a nice break from the grind for Clubs and CEO crate drops.¬†

edit: they should keep the safes paying 2X permanently. Because seriously, the rate at which the club produces a full WH load (takes excess of 4-5 game weeks) the club barely generates any income without the insane, repetitious grind to keep the $70K bar full. You think they would've thought to add dynamic features like automatically generating income from drinks and club status based on NPC population. The more NPCs in house, the higher your income from those 2 bars. If your club maintains a packed status, you get a percentage like 10-20% extra on your safe income. That would've provided an incentive for players to do those worthless and mind numbing club promo missions. They also need to add more variety like the club scenairos with Lazlo (stolen property) and English Dave (get stolen records from a yacht). That also breaks up the monotony

Edited by PkUnzipper

PkUnzipper
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, halapeno71 said:

Would everyone agree that Headhunter is a worthwhile activity?  20k for five minutes of work?  

If you agree on that, then you should agree that 10k for what amounts to two to three of your time is worth it.  Because that's all maintaining full nightclub popularity takes.  You go to your NC once every two ingame days, grab your 20k out of the safe and flip your DJ for 10k (from one of the basements so you can skip the cutscene).  That's it.  Like two to three minutes of your time and you've netted 10k.

And when it's a double nightclub income event, you're actually making triple.  Because while the income is doubled, the cost to rebook a DJ remains the same.  So, after two ingame days, you have 40k in your safe instead of 20k, minus 10k to rebook a DJ for a net profit of 30k.  And you're just walking in and out of a building, basically.

TBH if you have a club, then you're likely going to also own a Terrabyte.

• In which case, that $20k is chump change for all the $32k client missions you run/grind¬† for Paige. Which when on double promo payout, are $65K max each for bank robbery, data breach, jewelery shop robbery etc etc.¬†
  • Doing 3-5 contact missions averaging $19k-$35k payout each gives you $100k+ in a SHORTER time aka a game day or two.
  • selling 1 high end I/E ($80k using cargobob) + 1 terrabyte Paige mission (at $30-$32.5k as cool down for next I/E sale) pays out $100k++
  • Doing 1 survival solo wave 10 not only earns you a $30k payout but refills your armor/ammo supplies as well. And this payout is double in the promo periods.

So nope, that line of reasoning with the clubs isn't financially sustainable IMO. It's meant to be passive income like the bunker so treat it as such. Focus on grinding CEO, hangar, I/E, and most profitable MC business like coke and molly. Just check in on the club every game week to empty your safe, or when one of your laundered products gets full (by call from Tony). Clear your safe, do whatever sales necessary to lower the chance of the club being raided and bank your money.

Edited by PkUnzipper

halapeno71
Posted (edited)

@PkUnzipper

All of that completely ignores what I mentioned about the time/money factor involved.

It literally takes only a couple of minutes of your time every 96 minutes to keep your NC safe income maxed.  That doesn't mean you twiddle your thumbs and earn nothing in between those periods.  You still do your I/E, and your client jobs, or whatever it is you do that's available to you to earn the most money per hour you can earn.  You don't get safe income notifications until you're in between activities anyway.  So take a two minute detour after you get the second notification since your last visit, flip your DJ and take your money.

Edited by halapeno71

El Payaso
On 1/2/2019 at 3:09 AM, Fireboyd78 said:

I f*cking hate nightclub promotion, everyone is a goddamn jackass and somehow even though I delivered the stolen supplies successfully (and watched the truck enter the warehouse!), I got blown up and failed the mission. As I entered the f*cking nightclub service bay.

This sh*t pisses me off. Thanks, R*!

Yes. That is probably the worst gameplay design I have ever seen. Even though you enter the yellow Corona, you are still vulnerable for a good three to five seconds.

ilovefreebird

Not even remotely worth it. Waste of time and effort. How many promotion missions were required for the blimp trade price? 10? Then that's how many I did before quickly wiping my hands of them. And I still didn't buy the blimp.

El Payaso
11 hours ago, ilovefreebird said:

Not even remotely worth it. Waste of time and effort. How many promotion missions were required for the blimp trade price? 10? Then that's how many I did before quickly wiping my hands of them. And I still didn't buy the blimp.

Why?

ilovefreebird
11 hours ago, El Payaso said:

Why?

Why what? Why didn't I buy the blimp? I don't know, actually - probably because I knew I'd never be able to fly it in peace.

El Payaso
23 minutes ago, ilovefreebird said:

Why what? Why didn't I buy the blimp? I don't know, actually - probably because I knew I'd never be able to fly it in peace.

Yeah, I meant why didn't you buy the blimp. Yeah, me too. I can't remember if I bought it or not but it ain't even that fun to fly. Like you said too, you'd just get blown out of the sky.

Intial-B

^^ exactly that - pay 100k for the new DJ, and get full popularity in a second, then just stick a promo mission or two into your standard passive generation grind. The club promo from zero just isn't worth the effort, time is without doubt better spent elsewhere.

Rafae S

that sure is alot for someone who hates these missions ūüôĄ

AyRxZXL.jpg

Urban Legends

This is some dumbass sh*t. I fly all over San Andreas dropping posters and gain half a bar of popularity.. I can spit out the front door and get more attention. Good to see ya again, Tony. But listen honey baby.. Wtf happened 

Ziploc

I don't get that Nightclub Earnings value. I've emptied my safe a few times but not enough to earn anything close to 1 million dollars. Is there some other form of passive income from the club, such as money from the bar, that we don't see added to our bank account? Even factoring in the occasional 5k or less that Tony pays you for the promotion missions doesn't feel like it accounts for the difference. 

The 70k limit on the safe is annoying. When it's "full" there's still tons of empty space to stack cash. I kind of enjoy the promotion missions as a change of pace, but I've done them all several times now so they're not interesting enough to do for 1/10th of a bar of popularity. During that week I often found I'd hit the limit without realizing.

After we had the double money week I've ignored promoting the club, and haven't missed that giant revenue stream one iota. 

Ziploc
20 hours ago, Ziploc said:

I don't get that Nightclub Earnings value. I've emptied my safe a few times but not enough to earn anything close to 1 million dollars. Is there some other form of passive income from the club, such as money from the bar, that we don't see added to our bank account? Even factoring in the occasional 5k or less that Tony pays you for the promotion missions doesn't feel like it accounts for the difference. 

The 70k limit on the safe is annoying. When it's "full" there's still tons of empty space to stack cash. I kind of enjoy the promotion missions as a change of pace, but I've done them all several times now so they're not interesting enough to do for 1/10th of a bar of popularity. During that week I often found I'd hit the limit without realizing.

After we had the double money week I've ignored promoting the club, and haven't missed that giant revenue stream one iota. 

Hmm, so last night I watched my Nightclub Earnings while doing a few promotion missions, and it would appear that that value is purely what is put into the safe or maybe what would be put into the safe if you forget to empty it, which happened to me several times during the double week recently. It does not include any direct earnign you get from promotion missions.

So it would appear that I've earned around 2.5 million just through the safe. That feels like a lot, but I guess it's possible. 

Standard Deluxe 59

It stopped being worth it after I found out how quickly popularity drops, how long it takes to fill up the popularity meter, there's a cool down on promotion missions, the poster hanging mission and the fact that I don't bother with the nightclub section just the garages. 

White Shark

I've recently gone back to doing Promotion missions.  I like that hit I get when I've reached 70k in the safe.  It kinda feels like free money, even though you still have to do Promotion missions.  But I'm enjoying the variety again, aside from grinding endless VIP Work and Terrorbyte missions.

I have a question - is there any quick way to complete the missions where Lazlow sends you pictures of where celebrities like Poppy Mitchell are for you to go and collect?  At the moment you have to go to each checkpoint and predictably do this twice before reaching her on the third one.  @flexcreator, I used your heat-vision trick to pinpoint Poppy early, and flew to her without getting the first checkpoints, but she just stands there and doesn't get in the Patriot.  Thoughts?  Maybe something you're able to help me test out?