Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    2. News

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
    1. GTA Online

      1. After Hours
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Crews

      1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA Next

    3. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

    6. GTA Vice City Stories

    7. GTA Liberty City Stories

    8. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

    2. Site Suggestions

El Payaso

Is nightclub promotion worth it?

Recommended Posts

McGhee
38 minutes ago, dieseltech20 said:

It is very worth it. I let mine die and the phone calls from Lazlo and Tony are insane. Combine it with LJT and Paige for a miserable free roam experience,  lol.

 

To keep the phone as quiet as possible is reason enough to keep doing promo missions for sure. No other idiots calling with public service announcements and sh*t. There is enough phone spam already. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fryday

i planned to ignore ny club popularity from now on, because its boring now. but then i thought its much more economic to switch djs at a high popularity. pay 10k every 96 minutes—> get 10k every 48 minutes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jazzbone
Posted (edited)

I will keep the popularity up by switching dj's as long as there is double daily pay or slower popularity loss specials.
If the promo missions paid 2K per minute i would not feel like such a fool when doing one.
20K for about 4-5 minutes to do Head Hunter or 2.5K for about 7-8 minutes to drop flers?



Edited by jazzbone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wixud

Except celebrities

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dr.Rosenthal

I don’t really care about the money. But I don’t want that meter to go down because I’ve mild OCD so I always make sure it’s 95-100%. Nothing worse than coming back from a free roam war or a stunt racing session and having it down at 30%.

 

It is starting to get annoying though. I’d just like to stop doing them completely and let it drop to 0% and remain there indefinitely. But then I’d be annoyed by having Lazlow crying, constant phone calls and, maybe worst of all - hardly any people in the club!

 

I don’t get the thing with swapping DJs around, it’s not really working for me. It won’t give me a full meter so I still have to do club promotion to get to 100%. But if for some reason my club popularity would drop all the way to zero I’d probably do that up to a certain percent and then do promotion for the rest.

 

0-100% (5 bars) is roughly 10 promo missions back to back, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
YouKnowWhoIAm
59 minutes ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

maybe worst of all - hardly any people in the club

Mine been 0% for a while but I still get people in the club. Perhaps a glitch, I don't know, but my club looks just as busy as it always has been with the exception of the VIP area, which is empty.

 

1 hour ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

0-100% (5 bars) is roughly 10 promo missions back to back, right?

Correct. 1/2 a bar per promo (or DJ change), 5 bars. Time dependent, if you take longer than 48 minutes to do all 10 it may be 11 that are needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
McGhee
6 hours ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

I don’t really care about the money. But I don’t want that meter to go down because I’ve mild OCD so I always make sure it’s 95-100%. Nothing worse than coming back from a free roam war or a stunt racing session and having it down at 30%.

 

It is starting to get annoying though. I’d just like to stop doing them completely and let it drop to 0% and remain there indefinitely. But then I’d be annoyed by having Lazlow crying, constant phone calls and, maybe worst of all - hardly any people in the club!

 

I don’t get the thing with swapping DJs around, it’s not really working for me. It won’t give me a full meter so I still have to do club promotion to get to 100%. But if for some reason my club popularity would drop all the way to zero I’d probably do that up to a certain percent and then do promotion for the rest.

 

0-100% (5 bars) is roughly 10 promo missions back to back, right?

 

I recently switched locations again, getting zero popularity. I tried avoid looking at the popularity bar by simply not going into the office anymore and only checking the computer when doing sales. Lasted half a day and then I got, in a 2,5hr session, 9 calls from Tony and 2 calls from Lazlow. 11 calls during my client job grinding! I dropped the grind and started promo missions again, taking me the rest of the evening to get it back to 10/10. 

 

Now the phone is back to being abused by Paige and LJT again. They don't call that much, so it's okay. I can also walk in my nightclub office without cringing again. I know that OCD thing fairly well too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Calakarad
7 hours ago, McGhee said:

 

I recently switched locations again, getting zero popularity. I tried avoid looking at the popularity bar by simply not going into the office anymore and only checking the computer when doing sales. Lasted half a day and then I got, in a 2,5hr session, 9 calls from Tony and 2 calls from Lazlow. 11 calls during my client job grinding! I dropped the grind and started promo missions again, taking me the rest of the evening to get it back to 10/10. 

 

Now the phone is back to being abused by Paige and LJT again. They don't call that much, so it's okay. I can also walk in my nightclub office without cringing again. I know that OCD thing fairly well too.

My game must be broken... I've had zero popularity for 2 or 3 weeks and only receive $100 every 48 mins and apart from two calls from Lazlow and one from Simeon over the last 2 weeks I've had no calls! I'll not report it though as I like the peace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
McGhee
1 hour ago, Calakarad said:

My game must be broken... I've had zero popularity for 2 or 3 weeks and only receive $100 every 48 mins and apart from two calls from Lazlow and one from Simeon over the last 2 weeks I've had no calls! I'll not report it though as I like the peace.

 

I want your phone...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taterman
6 hours ago, McGhee said:

 

I want your phone...

Me too. Let's carjack him and share it.  😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
El Payaso

I never get any calls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FrancisBlack
On 9/20/2018 at 12:41 PM, McGhee said:

 

To keep the phone as quiet as possible is reason enough to keep doing promo missions for sure. No other idiots calling with public service announcements and sh*t. There is enough phone spam already. 

Since my nightclub has had no popularity for months I don't get night club calls. Only Lazlow once in a blue moon and page every 2 minutes but popularity wouldn't change Paige's constant nagging. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mrgstrings

I am no longer bothering with those, a quick diamond job pays for changing djs, so far I did not get celebs anyway.

 

Is there a special promo mission for each dj? Today I got a call from Dave about retrieving records for Dixon from a yacht - location was near Del Perro Pier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
YouKnowWhoIAm
23 hours ago, mrgstrings said:

Today I got a call from Dave about retrieving records for Dixon from a yacht - location was near Del Perro Pier

I believe these happen when raided. I've never had Dave phone me with a job but I never register as MC/CEO unless I have to, therefore removing the chance of a raid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dr.Rosenthal

I let my meter drop to zero, and I’m quite happy. I don’t have to go empty the safe all the time. I can keep a single favorite DJ until I get sick of it, and then change.

 

Phonecalls from Lazlow aren’t that bad, tbh. But I’m so used to just clicking away any phonecalls I get, so I rarely even notice them.

 

The biggest downside is I no longer have a joint in my club. But whatever..

 

Definitely worth it, to me at least. I hate coming into the club knowing that I should promote or shuffle DJs. A 90% full meter hurts my head waaay more than a constant 0%.

Edited by Dr.Rosenthal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
McGhee
1 hour ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

 A 90% full meter hurts my head waaay more than a constant 0%.

 

This is a good approach and exactly what I am doing too. Can't bare the sight of a partly filled bar, but an all darkened empty one I can. Actually, I feel more motivated to keep it empty (same color all over the bar) than full, but it took time to turn my thoughts that way around. The extra free cash is nice as it pays for daily costs when the bar is full, but I'll fix that another way. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taterman
3 hours ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

I let my meter drop to zero, and I’m quite happy. I don’t have to go empty the safe all the time. I can keep a single favorite DJ until I get sick of it, and then change.

 

Phonecalls from Lazlow aren’t that bad, tbh. But I’m so used to just clicking away any phonecalls I get, so I rarely even notice them.

 

The biggest downside is I no longer have a joint in my club. But whatever..

 

Definitely worth it, to me at least. I hate coming into the club knowing that I should promote or shuffle DJs. A 90% full meter hurts my head waaay more than a constant 0%.

Same here.

My wife still does the popularity missions and I just shake my head, especially during last weeks huge bunker and client job bonuses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BOOGIEMAN219

Im glad I don't have ocd, I can't believe people still do promo missions. I did a couple the first day and my nightclub popularity has been at zero since. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lucy_Woooolfe
14 hours ago, BOOGIEMAN219 said:

Im glad I don't have ocd, I can't believe people still do promo missions.

I just enjoy my club being buzzing and don't mind investing every now and again 5-10 minutes into keeping it so. 

That's what's having different tastes is about, and GTAO caters to many of those.

 

I somewhat fail to see where OCD comes into this, but I hope I could lighten things up for you. 

Have to go dancing now. Bye 💋 :D

Edited by Lucy_Woooolfe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FukNRekd
On 10/28/2018 at 11:18 AM, BOOGIEMAN219 said:

 I did a couple the first day and my nightclub popularity has been at zero since. 

I think I did exactly one. The poster one. f*ck a bunch of that.

 

Been swapping DJs now and the safe monies pay for that 2x.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gettin up

First the promote missions were fun but became boring afterwards. I am yet to reach zero popularity however. Does the club become completely empty and no income after that? Maybe should just switch the DJ again, if that happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taterman
7 hours ago, Gettin up said:

First the promote missions were fun but became boring afterwards. I am yet to reach zero popularity however. Does the club become completely empty and no income after that? Maybe should just switch the DJ again, if that happens.

Not completely empty, just a lot fewer people in there. The income at the lowest drops to $100. I don't bother with popularity anymore, but I set my char. as dancing whenever I step away for a bit. I've gotten the income back up to $1000 just dancing while I get a beverage or take a phone call...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sentinel Driver

I'd rather be the restroom attendant than the owner

I'd make a whole lot more money too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.