2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

El Payaso

Is nightclub promotion worth it?

McGhee

The point you keep missing is that I didn't do it TO ARGUE WHETHER IT'S A GOOD IDEA OR NOT, because I've seen enough of your post to know a long useless arguement is coming.

Yet, here you are, present your listings of why someone else's view doesn't fly compared to your view, which is the only one that seems right. 

What part ot NOT ARGUEING do you not understand? 

YouKnowWhoIAm

My view?

My view has nothing to do with it and regardless of how my view differs to anyone else's I've not outright claimed any other method to be stupid.

I've even said if you want to do things your way and miss out on potential earnings, that's fine. I didn't claim that it was stupidly wasting time doing promos.

You can't expect to call a method that is proven to bring you a lot more money stupid and not expect an argument against the claim.

"Your method is stupid, but I don't want to argue" - whatever man, whatever.

FaultyCanetoad
Posted (edited)

Ok well i wanna say something too because i act smart online,sometimes i word things quite well,my spelling isn't too bad and i can go on and on about cash and rp earnings.

I am very much into experimentation and what works and what doesn't. There's just one small problem....i am stupid and lack realistic intelligence. I come on here and think i'm all that but i don't really know anything at all. I'm a legend in my own mind............sad.

Ok i'll throw in an edit. I'm getting off gta online now as i've been grinding all day,i am now bored. I'm not leaving my gta on tonight because if i do i risk earning $350,000 + . Tomorrow i go to work,leaving xbox off,it has worked hard and deserves a cooldown...poor little xbox.

Goodnight all. If it is daytime for some of you and you're playing gta have fun :)

Edited by FaultyCanetoad
i dribble alot

McGhee
20 minutes ago, YouKnowWhoIAm said:

My view?

My view has nothing to do with it and regardless of how my view differs to anyone else's I've not outright claimed any other method to be stupid.

I've even said if you want to do things your way and miss out on potential earnings, that's fine. I didn't claim that it was stupidly wasting time doing promos.

You can't expect to call a method that is proven to bring you a lot more money stupid and not expect an argument against the claim.

"Your method is stupid, but I don't want to argue" - whatever man, whatever.

If I was intended to discuss things with you I would have quoted and replied to you. I didn't. I quoted and commented on Dr.Rosenthal's post, which YOU took as an opportunity to start an arguement for the f*cking sake of argueing. 

I wasn't talking to you in the first place! Get why I don't want to argue? Because I'll never see the end of it when it comes to argueing with you. Been there, done that, seen enough to move the f*ck on, in rapid pace!

Jamwes

Are the promotion missions worth it? Depends. If you're diligent and always do a mission when you're at 4.5 bars, you'll make $2k from the mission and $20k from two ticks going into the vault. About the same as a VIP mission. You start losing some profitability if popularity drops further.

Is paying to swap your DJ worth it? Depends. If you're diligent and always swap when you're at 4.5 bars, you'll pay $10k and make $20k from two ticks going into the vault. That's a $10k profit for just clicking a button. You start losing some profitability if popularity drops further.

So far I've been keeping my popularity full. As an AFK contact mission grinder I've noticed that popularity always drops one tick and puts money in the vault when I return to free roam. I just top it off every other time. Currently I can get away with every fourth time because I still have the x2 bonus from last week. It's a little extra cash, but I'll stop caring as soon as I get the kifflom shirt from getting drunk in the club.

YouKnowWhoIAm
6 minutes ago, McGhee said:

If I was intended to discuss things with you I would have quoted and replied to you. I didn't. I quoted and commented on Dr.Rosenthal's post, which YOU took as an opportunity to start an arguement for the f*cking sake of argueing. 

I wasn't talking to you in the first place! Get why I don't want to argue? Because I'll never see the end of it when it comes to argueing with you. Been there, done that, seen enough to move the f*ck on, in rapid pace!

Urm, yeah you did quote me. Except for your post where you claimed it was rubbish because it only increases by 10% (which was what, two posts below my post explaining that for a full bar it costs $100k)

It's been posted many times that a DJ switch will boost the popularity by 10% or half a bar. The exception is when it's a new DJ and you have to do their mission, that one fills the bar but costs $100k.

You can dance to boost popularity up to 50%. You gain 1% per minute of dancing. Once at 50% you can pay $10k per DJ switch, 5 times, to gain full popularity at a cost of $50k total.

Do with that what you will however it certainly isn't the basis for a good money making method.

If you were really expecting to pay $10k and receive around $90-100k from the wall safe in the time the popularity dropped back to 0% you're dreaming.

Everything after you quoted me, including your bold claim that it's stupid to pay for DJ switching rather than spending 90 minutes doing promo missions - which I corrected with accurate calculations to show just how wrong you are about it being stupid.

Do with it what you will, have whatever view you want but you're wrong if you think buying popularity is stupid.

McGhee

Say hello to my ignorelist....

YouKnowWhoIAm

Oh no... wait, I mean meh...

To go back to the OP, are Promo missions worth it? No.

You can do a promo in 5-10 minutes and get 10% popularity increase and $2k

You can switch DJ for $10k followed by head hunter in 3 minutes for a 10% popularity increase and $10k

You can ignore popularity and get $100 every 48 minutes.

You decide.

Jammsbro

Even at X2 it's total chumpe change.

Do one car and make more cash. I steal and sell a car in less than ten minutes. Then I'm on to other things.

Cheesy_wotsit
2 hours ago, YouKnowWhoIAm said:

You can when you use the term ALOT more money to describe what is at best utter chump change in this game. Read your later post where you say you are leaving your console on overnight to make $40K before micromanaging your DJ switching going off to work to come back to another 40K... 80K in a 16hours of playtime, that's not ALOT more money that's chump change a single sell mission, something that takes ten minutes in most sessions and you're having to leave your console on for 16hours a day to achieve it.

I mean yeah it's your game and you can play it the way you want but it sounds like you've turned GTAO in to a second job and one that isn't making you a lot of money.

Numot15

How are people arguing about this? No it is not worth it, and it does not effect your night club goods business at all. Although I am half expecting to come into the office and find Lazlow dead, at no bars I have come into the office and found him crying in the fetal position on the couch and he says "no, not again." And Tony seems to drink more heavily now 

YouKnowWhoIAm
36 minutes ago, Cheesy_wotsit said:

You can when you use the term ALOT more money to describe what is at best utter chump change in this game. Read your later post where you say you are leaving your console on overnight to make $40K before micromanaging your DJ switching going off to work to come back to another 40K... 80K in a 16hours of playtime, that's not ALOT more money that's chump change a single sell mission, something that takes ten minutes in most sessions and you're having to leave your console on for 16hours a day to achieve it.

I mean yeah it's your game and you can play it the way you want but it sounds like you've turned GTAO in to a second job and one that isn't making you a lot of money.

Lol, the 40k is in addition to the 880k made from accruing warehouse stock. The reason for leaving it on while afk is the warehouse, the safe is just a bonus. What would you rather have, more or less money?

Read my earlier post, its not the basis for a good money making method.

The info is there. Doing vip work rather than promos will bring in 200k easily. Thats ALOT more money.

Doing promos for the safe money is not worth the time. That's the long and short of it.

FaultyCanetoad

This sure has gone deep,some interesting reading here. I've stopped the nightclub missions cause they got a bit boring and didn't really seem to achieve alot. I did like the popularity being full,gave the game more liveliness. I'm sure i'll go back to grinding a few more nightclub missions all in good time.

El Payaso
18 hours ago, Jamwes said:

Are the promotion missions worth it? Depends. If you're diligent and always do a mission when you're at 4.5 bars, you'll make $2k from the mission and $20k from two ticks going into the vault. About the same as a VIP mission. You start losing some profitability if popularity drops further.

Is paying to swap your DJ worth it? Depends. If you're diligent and always swap when you're at 4.5 bars, you'll pay $10k and make $20k from two ticks going into the vault. That's a $10k profit for just clicking a button. You start losing some profitability if popularity drops further.

So far I've been keeping my popularity full. As an AFK contact mission grinder I've noticed that popularity always drops one tick and puts money in the vault when I return to free roam. I just top it off every other time. Currently I can get away with every fourth time because I still have the x2 bonus from last week. It's a little extra cash, but I'll stop caring as soon as I get the kifflom shirt from getting drunk in the club.

Thanks for the info. That really tells me it ain't worth it because it's yet another thing to babysit every five minutes. So much time spent running from business to business trying to keep everything topped off, I rarely get time to enjoy the game itself. 

AgentPlum

Mines been empty for weeks - I cannot be bothered with it.

Tony calls about promoting nightclub, just go away Tony, I don't care - just die along with LJT and Paige

J-Scott-D
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, AgentPlum said:

Tony calls about promoting nightclub, just go away Tony, I don't care - just die along with LJT and Paige

Good grief. Profitable or not, it's worth it to me to keep the bars full just to keep the phone calls down.

I guess keeping the bars full is kind of a role playing thing, so. I'm apparently OK with that, too.

Edited by J-Scott-D
Words.

lordbancs
22 minutes ago, AgentPlum said:

"I don't always keep my nightclub popularity high, but when I do, I pay for it."

-The Most Interesting Man in the World

HopalongCasidy

When AFK, I'll rubberband my guy dancing.  That gets it up to just under 1/2 full and ~ 5K income.  Purely to cover my operating expenses while afk.  From there, I'll do a pop mission if I want to get someone to chase me or during a cooldown.    

Debesta

If I'm going into public freeroam and want to feel important, I just switch back and forth between Dixon and Black Madonna until it's maxed. Other than that, it's not worth it.

R3CON
8 hours ago, El Payaso said:

Thanks for the info. That really tells me it ain't worth it because it's yet another thing to babysit every five minutes. So much time spent running from business to business trying to keep everything topped off, I rarely get time to enjoy the game itself. 

See, this is exactly why I stopped focusing on the promotion missions. The bar refills so slowly and drains so often you really do have to babysit it in order to keep it the club attendance/popularity up.

It becomes repetitive if not annoying and there's other things to do in the game. It's a chore.  

Maybe if the promotion missions filled up more of the popularity bar or drained less quickly it'd work out, but as it is now I rather let it die. The nightclub is at it's best when it's packed but my enjoyment of the game is at it's best when I don't feel tied down so...something gotta give. 

McGhee
32 minutes ago, R3CON said:

See, this is exactly why I stopped focusing on the promotion missions. The bar refills so slowly and drains so often you really do have to babysit it in order to keep it the club attendance/popularity up.

It becomes repetitive if not annoying and there's other things to do in the game. It's a chore.  

Maybe if the promotion missions filled up more of the popularity bar or drained less quickly it'd work out, but as it is now I rather let it die. The nightclub is at it's best when it's packed but my enjoyment of the game is at it's best when I don't feel tied down so...something gotta give. 

Upgrade staff. Your popularity drains twice as slow. Every 96 realtime minutes a popularity mission will do fine.

J-Scott-D
1 hour ago, McGhee said:

Upgrade staff. Your popularity drains twice as slow. Every 96 realtime minutes a popularity mission will do fine.

Yep, I learned that quick during the Macbeth/Kifflom grind, lol.

McGhee
Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, J-Scott-D said:

Yep, I learned that quick during the Macbeth/Kifflom grind, lol.

Yeah. hehehe. I still don't mind doing these promo missions, although I do switch sessions when I get a certain few. And like you said, there is a certain Role-Play in it too. My character didn't buy himself a nightclub to let it go to sh*ts. And he'd never go for:

employee: "hey boss, I made us $1,000"

My character: "Really? That's interesting. Tell me how"

employee: "Well, I invested $10,000 and got $1,000 back for it"

My character "Interesting. What's the return cycle on the investment?"

employee: "How do you mean?"

My character: "Well, how many times will we get to see those $1,000 return, to make up for at least $10,000 and costs?"

employee: "Uh.., it comes only once. Next time we have to pay $10,000 again, but get another $1,000 again. Neat, huh?"

My character would adjusts himself to a Gustavo Fring stature and tell the employee to go home and enjoy his family.

Edited by McGhee

R3CON
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, McGhee said:

My staff is fully upgraded. However it shakes out, it still feels like babysitting. 

Edited by R3CON

Chang

Every now and again.

if it's the flyers, I'll land the chrome Heli @ my office after delivery. And use it the rest of the session stashed close to the club.

i'll blow $60000 on mixings up the DJs, so the spliff and macbeth is available without stress.

Been enjoying this update, can't wait till the breaking and Entering starts up.

"i'm in it for the juice" - Heat

:) i Chang

derek0514

Doing low paying missions isn’t what I am about.

The nc club missions I will leave to somebody else and no I am not gonna pay $30000 for a drink.

What gets me a multi millionaire like me would hire people to do those missions.  We should have that option.

i would like to stuff Tony in a barrel deep down at bottom of sea.  

Schachmatt777
13 hours ago, R3CON said:

IIRC you are playing in populated lobbies, so rivaling nightclubs, business battles etc. will drain popularity much faster than in private/solo public sessions. As a lone wolf I can reliably invest 10k every 96 minutes and literally don't have to worry about popularity ever again. I can choose if I do a promo mission if I like, run any mission/job if I want to or just goof around and do nothing, in the end I still make a profit. I can only wonder how idiotic babysitting popularity in public sessions must be.

It's clearly a missed opportunity on R* side. Instead of beeing a little generous and design popularity/promo mechanics more in the players favor, it has stinginess written all over it.

FaultyCanetoad

My club is now dead,i'm going to slooooowly let my safe fill,then leave it alone when full so i don't have to see that annoying "you just made 10 cents" popup lol.

Sorry nightclub,i feel bad for not caring,i'm too selfish......making proper dollars elsewhere.  Goodbye my nightclub,goodbye my friend...you have been the one.....you have been the one for me. :/

Edited by FaultyCanetoad
typo again

R3CON
1 hour ago, Schachmatt777 said:

IIRC you are playing in populated lobbies, so rivaling nightclubs, business battles etc. will drain popularity much faster than in private/solo public sessions. As a lone wolf I can reliably invest 10k every 96 minutes and literally don't have to worry about popularity ever again. I can choose if I do a promo mission if I like, run any mission/job if I want to or just goof around and do nothing, in the end I still make a profit. I can only wonder how idiotic babysitting popularity in public sessions must be.

It's clearly a missed opportunity on R* side. Instead of beeing a little generous and design popularity/promo mechanics more in the players favor, it has stinginess written all over it.

That's an interesting point you raise. If I'm in freeroam (and not some job/mission), I'm always in public lobbies and I totally abhor solo/private/invite only sessions as they just feel empty and boring. Taking the multiplayer aspect away from the multiplayer part of the game...might as well be story mode at that point. To me, the point of playing online is to play with other people. But I didn't take into account the rival nightclubs and rival business battles that could negatively affect my club. I can definitely see how that could be a factor in the speed of the drain. Unsure if it's as significant as you make it out to be, but it's undoubtedly something to be conscious of. 

However, I'm not giving up the enjoyment of public freeroam chaos just so the Nightclub (one single property out of many) doesn't drain as quickly as I'd like. That's something I'll just have to accept. 

As far as your line about "run any job/mission if I want to" are you referring to activities you can only launch in invite-only sessions or are you talking about actual missions and jobs like heists, races, contact missions, etc? Is the Nightclub only affected when you're in session or when you're online in general (but not necessarily in a freeroam session, i.e. being in a job/mission)?

You also mention investing 10k every 10 minutes. But promotion missions - the title and topic of the thread and the focus of my reply you quoted - do not have a cost to launch them. So are you referring to the cost of hiring a new DJ (after you've done the initial setup mission/fee for them)? You call this cost an investment that brings you profit, but how exactly do you profit from doing so?

There's a lot that's implied and unspoken in your reply that doesn't really leave me with much I can use other than "don't play in public sessions". 

Also, my focus here isn't on profitability for the Nightclub. My focus is specifically on the popularity of the Nightclub since I find the club to be more aesthetically pleasing when it's packed than when it's empty.

Good to know for the other folks reading the thread though who are mainly here seeking a return on their investments. 

Edited by R3CON

FaultyCanetoad

The businesses in the nightclub are totally o/p in my opinion. Leave xbox on overnight...next day BOOM!!!  $300,000 if not more good to go,no effort. I think this might make me lazy. But then again i have been playing this game for 343 days and grinding for the most part so i guess one would feel that a bit of slacking off is well deserved.