3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

El Payaso

Is nightclub promotion worth it?

El Payaso

Placing posters and dropping flyers from a chrome chopper gets old, boring, annoying and repetitive after a while. Especially when the popularity meter only goes up by half a bar and drains so quickly.

Is this just like "stealing supplies" where it's simply not worth the time and effort or is it still something worth doing?

Smooth Longsack

It's worth it this week (2x). Yes though. It's like stealing supplies. Paying to switch DJs is still profitable and takes no time at all. Do the DJ switching in the storage floor computers to skip the cut scenes. Gridlok taught me that little trick.  Gridlok for PM!

Ron Horse

Hiring the bartenders helps keep the popularity level up after doing promotion missions.  Try to get full popularity, then just occasionally do a promotion every so often to keep the popularity meter full so you get the max amount of money per night.  Not super lucrative by itself, but alongside other revenue streams, it helps.

Edited by Ron Horse
typo, grammar

Galavan
On 8/25/2018 at 2:46 AM, Smooth Longsack said:

It's worth it this week (2x). Yes though. It's like stealing supplies. Paying to switch DJs is still profitable and takes no time at all. Do the DJ switching in the storage floor computers to skip the cut scenes. Gridlok taught me that little trick.  Gridlok for PM!

I basically do this. Just go the one of the basement floors, use the PC there to get a new resident DJ for 10k and its half a bar or more. 

Cheesy_wotsit

No not worth it. Even the quick and easy DJ switching to maintain pop combined with the 2x bonus this week you are only making $30,000 an hour which in this game is utter chump change. This is something you have to keep maintaining and checking back to prevent the pop falling, if it drops too far you now have to spend more time doing the stupid mission to raise it back up. It's utter nonsense for a pathetic reward and given that it affects no other factor of the club business you would be better off just spending your full time and attention doing just about ANY OTHER task in the game which will in the long run return far better rewards.

The-Great-Cornholio

to unlock the trade in price it is

El Payaso
12 hours ago, The-Great-Cornholio said:

to unlock the trade in price it is

What trade in price?

19 hours ago, Cheesy_wotsit said:

No not worth it. Even the quick and easy DJ switching to maintain pop combined with the 2x bonus this week you are only making $30,000 an hour which in this game is utter chump change. This is something you have to keep maintaining and checking back to prevent the pop falling, if it drops too far you now have to spend more time doing the stupid mission to raise it back up. It's utter nonsense for a pathetic reward and given that it affects no other factor of the club business you would be better off just spending your full time and attention doing just about ANY OTHER task in the game which will in the long run return far better rewards.

This was my suspicion. I just wanted to make sure there was no negative implication on nightclub warehouse business or any other thing besides the nightclub population.

Mr Spanky
3 hours ago, El Payaso said:

What trade in price?

This was my suspicion. I just wanted to make sure there was no negative implication on nightclub warehouse business or any other thing besides the nightclub population.

Blimp and stretch patriot both have a trade price

BlanketGrinder

No.

0 popularity and Lazlo is whining. That is worth not doing it.

El Payaso
40 minutes ago, Mr Spanky said:

Blimp and stretch patriot both have a trade price

Lol. Wow. That's even more pathetic.

Mr Spanky

I bought a blimp on my main character 😁

Cutter De Blanc

gotta keep that expensive whiskey flowing somehow

da_mc_killa

I’ve tried a few different strategies and no, it doesn’t financially make sense to bother keeping popularity up unless it’s for the whiskey or to get Lazlo to shut up. 

My club stays dead but I like it that way. No need to draw attention, nothing going on here. Please move along, sir. 

Guest Member2756931

From a monetary point of view, it's never worth it, not even if it's 2xpopularity.

You spend between 5 and 10 minutes per promo mission, some even longer and one slightly less. Let's say 7:30 as an average.

You spend 7:30 to earn an extra $19,800 every 1.5 hours at most (no pop gives $100/hr).

In that 7:30 you could have run head hunter (<3:00 in city) and Diamond Shopping (<3:00) for over $50,000, that's over $30,000 more.

From a fun point of view, not any more. Once you've done these promos a good couple of hundred times they become very very stale.

FaultyCanetoad

Yeah i did just under 200 nightclub missions then stopped. Not worth it. It's also very annoying to constantly keep emptying the safe.

Nightclub earnings $2,484,600

Nightclub warehouse earnings $10,613,500

(29/8/2018)

Edited by FaultyCanetoad
dollar figures

Guest Member2756931

YzH0H2i.jpg?1

DJ swaps and pay off the $10k each time with a quick head hunter in the city.

Unfortunately this doesn't take in to consideration the ridiculous amount of $2k charges I've paid for the club. At best I have only seen 80% of the cash.

You only need to empty the safe once every 5.6 hours if you maintain 100% popularity, it's barely a burden.

FaultyCanetoad

I have ocd so i can't help but emptying it every time i'm in my club 😕

Fluffy Sock
1 hour ago, FaultyCanetoad said:

I have ocd so i can't help but emptying it every time i'm in my club 😕

latest?cb=20140215150923&path-prefix=es

El Payaso

Rockstar f*cking up again. This should have been one promotion mission completely refills the entire bar or give us the option to pay a small fee to have a marketing agency do the promo for us.

As it is, there will soon be a lot of dead clubs that are nothing more than an AFK business.

Guest Member2756931
2 hours ago, El Payaso said:

Rockstar f*cking up again. This should have been one promotion mission completely refills the entire bar or give us the option to pay a small fee to have a marketing agency do the promo for us.

As it is, there will soon be a lot of dead clubs that are nothing more than an AFK business.

You can pay to increase popularity - switch DJ. Costs $100k from empty to full. Full bar brings me $69k overnight and uses about half the bar. Pointless really but if you want to keep the club full, inflate those figures etc. buying popularity works well (provided you do something to pay for it like HH or SS).

One 5 minute promo to make a club go from unknown/very unpopular to packed? Nah dude, that's asking for too much. 5 promos rather than 10 maybe.

Cheesy_wotsit
11 hours ago, El Payaso said:

Well I've said it in a few other posts

You're a CEO, you have millions in the bank, five properties, garages full of cars, a yacht, multiple warehouses and business locations, enough fire power to take down a small country but Rcokstar still think you should be the gimp doing the pathetic ground work, I am f*cking surprised they haven't got a mission that has you mopping the piss out of the Nightclub toilets.

Dr.Rosenthal

Peopke keep saying ”switch DJ”, but I did that once early on and I didn’t get a full popularity bar. Can’t remember exactly but I think it was somewhere around 80%. So what’s up with that?

I’d really like it to be 100% all the time but like most of you I’m f*cking fed up with doing promo work. Especially those that any sane person would assign to a monkey. :( 

If I can get a 90-95% full bar from switching DJ’s then I’ll gladly change my strategy to doing that instead.

2 minutes ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

Peopke keep saying ”switch DJ”, but I did that once early on and I didn’t get a full popularity bar. Can’t remember exactly but I think it was somewhere around 80%. So what’s up with that?

I’d really like it to be 100% all the time but like most of you I’m f*cking fed up with doing promo work. Especially those that any sane person would assign to a monkey. :( 

If I can get a 90-95% full bar from switching DJ’s then I’ll gladly change my strategy to doing that instead.

I switched locations recently and popularity dropped to 0. I tried out the switching DJ trick, paid 10K and got 0.5 bar... so, switching DJ's is totally rubbish.

Schachmatt777
1 hour ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

Switch DJ's at a 4,5 bar and do a VIP/Terrorbyte Mission (20/30k) right after that instead of a promo (2.5k). Both ways reward 0,5 popularity.

Switching DJ's is the way to go if you want to maintain full popularity and don't want to run promotion jobs all the time.

Guest Member2756931
6 hours ago, McGhee said:

I switched locations recently and popularity dropped to 0. I tried out the switching DJ trick, paid 10K and got 0.5 bar... so, switching DJ's is totally rubbish.

It's been posted many times that a DJ switch will boost the popularity by 10% or half a bar. The exception is when it's a new DJ and you have to do their mission, that one fills the bar but costs $100k.

You can dance to boost popularity up to 50%. You gain 1% per minute of dancing. Once at 50% you can pay $10k per DJ switch, 5 times, to gain full popularity at a cost of $50k total.

Do with that what you will however it certainly isn't the basis for a good money making method.

If you were really expecting to pay $10k and receive around $90-100k from the wall safe in the time the popularity dropped back to 0% you're dreaming.

El Payaso
7 hours ago, Schachmatt777 said:

Switch DJ's at a 4,5 bar and do a VIP/Terrorbyte Mission (20/30k) right after that instead of a promo (2.5k). Both ways reward 0,5 popularity.

Switching DJ's is the way to go if you want to maintain full popularity and don't want to run promotion jobs all the time.

If I have to do ANY mission just to pay for switching the DJ then I might as well just do the promo missions.

Edited by El Payaso

2 hours ago, YouKnowWhoIAm said:

It's been posted many times that a DJ switch will boost the popularity by 10% or half a bar. The exception is when it's a new DJ and you have to do their mission, that one fills the bar but costs $100k.

You can dance to boost popularity up to 50%. You gain 1% per minute of dancing. Once at 50% you can pay $10k per DJ switch, 5 times, to gain full popularity at a cost of $50k total.

Do with that what you will however it certainly isn't the basis for a good money making method.

If you were really expecting to pay $10k and receive around $90-100k from the wall safe in the time the popularity dropped back to 0% you're dreaming.

I did it to confirm its total sh*t and not to argue whether it's a good idea or not.

I'd rather do the 10 missions needed for max than stupidly spending cash on popularity.

Edited by Guest

Guest Member2756931
1 hour ago, McGhee said:

I did it to confirm its total sh*t and not to argue whether it's a good idea or not.

I'd rather do the 10 missions needed for max than stupidly spending cash on popularity.

FTFY

You may think it's stupid to spend the $10k on a DJ switch for popularity, I spend it, I spend $50k each night before I go AFK, I wake up to 60% popularity and $69k in the safe. I spend another $40k before work, I come home to another $69k in the safe.

Basically I spend between $90k and $100k to get back around $140k. That's $40k more than I would have had if I didn't "stupidly" spend cash on popularity. And since I'm AFK, doing promo missions is not an option.

If I had the 40 minutes it would take to boost my popularity back to 100% each morning it would be better money to pay the DJ switch for $40k and do 1xFortified for $35k in 10 minutes, 1xDiamond Shopping for $30k in 3 minutes, 1x Headhunter for $20k in 3 minutes, Another Terrorbyte mission for $30k in 3 minutes. Sightseer for $20k in 5 minutes. Another Terrorbyte mission for $30k in 3 minutes and then another Headhunter for $20k in the last 3 minutes, giving 10 minutes spare to do as you please (at least another $50k can be earned there, if not $75k.

So you can spend nothing on promo missions, earn $2k per promo mission on average (being generous) and have to spend 40 minutes to get 2 bars up (minimum 5 minutes each, some closer to 10, 5 minute cooldown between) and earn yourself $8,000. Or you can spend $40k on DJ switches and run VIP work in the time you would have spent in the promo missions and bring in over $200k. Even after the cost of DJ switching you're over $150k better off than the gullible fool who run the promo missions.

Still stupid?

How you choose to play is your call. How others play is their call. You have no room to be calling anyone else's preferred methods stupid.

43 minutes ago, YouKnowWhoIAm said:

FTFY

You may think it's stupid to spend the $10k on a DJ switch for popularity, I spend it, I spend $50k each night before I go AFK, I wake up to 60% popularity and $69k in the safe. I spend another $40k before work, I come home to another $69k in the safe.

Basically I spend between $90k and $100k to get back around $140k. That's $40k more than I would have had if I didn't "stupidly" spend cash on popularity. And since I'm AFK, doing promo missions is not an option.

If I had the 40 minutes it would take to boost my popularity back to 100% each morning it would be better money to pay the DJ switch for $40k and do 1xFortified for $35k in 10 minutes, 1xDiamond Shopping for $30k in 3 minutes, 1x Headhunter for $20k in 3 minutes, Another Terrorbyte mission for $30k in 3 minutes. Sightseer for $20k in 5 minutes. Another Terrorbyte mission for $30k in 3 minutes and then another Headhunter for $20k in the last 3 minutes, giving 10 minutes spare to do as you please (at least another $50k can be earned there, if not $75k.

So you can spend nothing on promo missions, earn $2k per promo mission on average (being generous) and have to spend 40 minutes to get 2 bars up (minimum 5 minutes each, some closer to 10, 5 minute cooldown between) and earn yourself $8,000. Or you can spend $40k on DJ switches and run VIP work in the time you would have spent in the promo missions and bring in over $200k. Even after the cost of DJ switching you're over $150k better off than the gullible fool who run the promo missions.

Still stupid?

How you choose to play is your call. How others play is their call. You have no room to be calling anyone else's preferred methods stupid.

With all due respect, if any, I pretty much made a habbit out of giving a flying f*ck about discussing what's a good idea to do or not with you. All I see is endless listing of stats and figures and a lot of bla bla and just about always skipping the point of those you argue.

You just can't resist listing your sh*t, eventhough people state they do things NOT TO ARGUE WETHER IT'S A GOOD IDEA OR NOT.

When I put that in my post, I mean it. 

Edited by Guest

Guest Member2756931

@McGhee

What's the point I skipped?

What gives you any authority to determine if a method is stupid or not? Especially when you clearly miss that there is a huge advantage to doing what you claim is stupid and a massive loss in potential earnings by using, what you claim to be what you prefer, and spending over 1.5 hours doing 10 promotion missions.

I can't resist listing the actual figures and calculations to show just how stupid, or not, a method actually is, in a topic regarding that method.

Are promo missions worth it? No. Plain and simple.

Is buying popularity worth it? It depends on how you play and why you even want popularity.

FYI You see the "endless figures" because you refuse to accept that your method makes less money than another method. The figures don't lie. Unfortunately they also don't get you to pull your head out of your ass but, meh, at least others can see that spending 1.5 hours doing promos is a piss poor return compared to spending $100k on DJ swaps and doing CEO work for the 1.5 hours, easily covering the costs and making much more profit.

Perhaps I should have just left it at fixing your statement by crossing out the word stupidly

Edited by Member2756931