2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

PSA: Akula owners

JoeBoneless

It has been a month and our homing missiles still haven't been fixed. Yes yes there's a temporary fix if you take off the dual cannons- but we didn't pay to have to settle for less!

I submitted a support ticket and was awarded $300,000. If you own an Akula, homing missiles, and dual cannons, I suggest you also complain as they have failed to fix this for too long

Cool, I too decided to downgrade the MG to get my lock on back. I'll submit a ticket too.

• Like 2

I never opted for the dual passenger MG, so I haven't even noticed there was an issue. I hope I gets fixed, but it's far from the worst issue I have with the game right now. It's pretty mild compared to say, the handling flag situation. Switching back to a single gun also gives you a longer range for the gun (why I never upgraded to dual in the first place).

Thanks for reminding me.  I seldom get around to doing stuff like this, but I submitted a ticket complaining about both the Akula and the long-standing ammo bug that has cost me $75K any number of times.  Hopefully they'll throw some loose change my way.  I have spent an obscene amount on both of these.  The latter bug has hit me at least 10 times (three of them just since After Hours - I only note that because I was really hoping they'd fix it in that update).  And the Akula thing caused me to install the barrage (before I knew there was a workaround), then uninstall the dual MGs and reinstall the homing rockets.  And presumably I'll be reinstalling the dual MGs later when and if they fix this bug with the missiles.

Well they just auto-closed my ticket with a form response.  Suddenly remembering why I stopped bothering with their support to begin with.

• Like 8

What was the public service announcement? 

Just checked as well, the range of both single and dual turrets is the same. 🤷‍♂️
Edit 2: Still seems like a mixed bag, some tickets getting closed down with no response and only the odd few getting any reimbursement. 

Edited by Gaffa

ṼirulenⱦEqừinox

ATTENTION!!!!

THERE IS A TEMPORARY FIX FOR THIS ISSUE...

IT INVOLVES SWAPPING OUT YOUR DUAL 50. CAL CANNONS FOR A SINGLE 50. CAL CANNON.

ONCE YOU HAVE SWAPPED THEM OUT THEN YOU WILL BE ABLE TO USE THE AKULA JUST AS BEFORE

Tried filing a support ticket, we'll see what happens.

First time I've ever done that.

Edited by kcole4001

I'm glad you got your money back, and I suggest everyone to do the same.

But why are you making it look like a huge problem ? I mean R* is aware of it, spamming them with our complaints won't change a thing.

Besides, the machine guns are so bad no one use them

CrysisAverted

R* would sooner just refund your money than fix a f*cking problem

they jump on a f*cking money glitch within a business day or two but leave this sh*t going on forever?

Is R* really this full of incompetent drooling idiots they can't fix it?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AiraCobra said:

ATTENTION!!!!

THERE IS A TEMPORARY FIX FOR THIS ISSUE...

IT INVOLVES SWAPPING OUT YOUR DUAL 50. CAL CANNONS FOR A SINGLE 50. CAL CANNON.

ONCE YOU HAVE SWAPPED THEM OUT THEN YOU WILL BE ABLE TO USE THE AKULA JUST AS BEFORE

But I spent money on better cannons. I'm not settling for less.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, kcole4001 said:

Tried filing a support ticket, we'll see what happens.

First time I've ever done that.

...annnnd..... denied.

Not that I was expecting much.

6 hours ago, Fun 2 said:

I'm glad you got your money back, and I suggest everyone to do the same.

But why are you making it look like a huge problem ? I mean R* is aware of it, spamming them with our complaints won't change a thing.

Besides, the machine guns are so bad no one use them

They acknowledged the problem awhile back and still haven't fixed it. Unacceptable!

FrozenDanCicle
13 hours ago, Nutduster said:

Well they just auto-closed my ticket with a form response.  Suddenly remembering why I stopped bothering with their support to begin with.

My advice is use ur second character and store the max amount of illicit vehicles.  Then next time something happens and u need reimbursement, ignore their support and just sell the number of vehicles to get your money back.

I had an x80 disappear.  Wasn't in garages, wasn't impounded, just gone.  Got my money back but it was a hassle.  Then I had a contender disappear, I literally just bought a replacement and didn't bother with a ticket.  

When support sucks enough that you'd rather just pay out of pocket for something you know wasn't your fault, you know there's an issue.  Especially when R* is raking in the money from sharkcards.  As far as I'm concerned it's an insult to us that they haven't pumped a fraction of that money into dedicated servers to improve our experience and tried to make it so that when I have to send a support ticket I don't get depressed like I'm going to the dentist to get 2 cavities taken care of. 

I will never deal with support again if I can just replace my item myself.

Edited by FrozenDanCicle
Autocorrect, the R* support of my phone

I suppose I might as well try a ticket. I don't intend to bother re-upgrading when the issue is fixed and I originally bought the dual guns on sale so I'd be making a little profit if they gave me $300k :D

FrozenDanCicle
24 minutes ago, IamCourtney said:

I suppose I might as well try a ticket. I don't intend to bother re-upgrading when the issue is fixed and I originally bought the dual guns on sale so I'd be making a little profit if they gave me $300k :D

If you've never done a ticket before, just know there is a good chance they will auto deny the first one.  If they do, re open it.  Sometimes you will get someone actually helpful.

• Like 3

That's a pretty sorry excuse for support, automatically denying the first attempt.

ṼirulenⱦEqừinox
20 hours ago, JoeBoneless said:

But I spent money on better cannons. I'm not settling for less.

So let me see if I got this straight....

You'd rather keep a Stealth Helicopter that you paid millions fo grounded then temporarily swap out your dual cannons for a single cannon of the same caliber and just as deadly so you can use the stealth capabilities and use its rockets which you probably use more than your guns anyways.

Unless you are in a small minority I have YET to see people using the guns over rockets especially in a PvP fight and even in a PvE fight because the guns just aren't that practical on Air to Ground targets but better suited for Air to Air Close Combat

whywontyoulisten

The guns on the Akula are peashooters, and you can't even use the nose turret solo. It's hardly a great loss.

• Like 3

They replied to my ticket saying they are working on fixing it. I don't think they have given me any money back though.

• Like 2

CaptainMarvel

Tried a ticket for science, got 600k for both characters. Shrugs, thanks R* but I hope everyone gets some sort of reimbursement for basically zero effort contacting them.

10 minutes ago, whywontyoulisten said:

The guns on the Akula are peashooters, and you can't even use the nose turret solo. It's hardly a great loss.

True. If I had to sacrifice explosive rounds for my lock on missles, I’d be really annoyed.

Smooth Longsack

The new camo for the akula is dank as f*ck.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Smooth Longsack said:

The new camo for the akula is dank as f*ck.

I have no idea if that's positive or negative.

• Like 3

I said this before, on both characters an akula. So thats 2x 300k the first tim you buy the guns. Then you much switch them for another gun, which you gotta buy, atm i dont remember their cost but nevermind. Then when the problem is fixed you gotta pay AGAIN fot the gun you ve paid for the first time, and thats again 2 x 300k so thats 1.2m at least

Submitted a ticket, mainly to ask if, when it's patched, if the dual cannon will be free for us who had to downgrade to temp-fix this bug?

They answered and said they are still working on it, but have given me $300k to compensate!  Nice one R*!  :) 

In that light, I tried again using similar wording (and a different support category).

I had tried under 'in game refund' the first time.

Edited by kcole4001

On the second try I got a response from an actual person, and got credited the $300,000 from the first purchase.

My second character never bought the dual gun mount.

I've just noticed that I can't use missiles like I did before on my hunter too. Looks like it doesn't lock players on foot. Only when they use vehicles I can shoot them down. Didn't check other aircrafts and flying stuff but maybe rock* is doing it on purpose.

Edited by GSTMS

3 hours ago, GSTMS said:

I've just noticed that I can't use missiles like I did before on my hunter too. Looks like it doesn't lock players on foot. Only when they use vehicles I can shoot them down. Didn't check other aircrafts and flying stuff but maybe rock* is doing it on purpose.

You could not lock on players on foot, ever. This was always like this afaik. You can only lock on to enemy NPCs on foot, not player-controlled.