3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

arft123

Demoliton Man

arft123

Hello! So I've been seeing a lot of people writing on how hard the mission and how they could pass it easily. So my question is...How is the mission hard for you? I play on PC so unless there's something on the PS2 that makes it harder, I really don't see why it's so difficult for many people to beat, I mean I beat it first try.

Thanks in advance for the answers! :D

Edited by arft123
Forgot to put ''it'' in I beat it first try.

Evil empire

Once you learnt controlling the helicos it's not very hard.

MysteryDriverX

Controlling the helicopter is hard and frustrating until something "clicks" in your mind and you suddenly realize you are good at it lol. The camera is a bit annoying since it sometimes gets in the front and points backwards.
I can't remember if the intro explanation cutscene was skippable (not the Avery one but the one that tells you how to fly the chopper, drop the bombs, etc.). If it was indeed unskippable that made the mission even more frustrating.
I guess there's also the fact that it's so different than the other missions in the game (why not just go inside the building, stealthly at night when nobody's there, and plant the bombs yourself?), so maybe it makes players feel like this mission is out of place in the story, and that it should just be a side mission instead.

FlexiveFowl

I honestly never found this mission hard. 

stef_92

The people who say that Demolition Man is the most difficult mission in VC probably have never tried to play Dirtring :D just saying. The only difficulty about Demolition Man is controlling the helicopter. And this was a problem back in the day when people were doing it for the first time since there weren't helicopters in GTA 3. I doubt that this mission is an issue in 2018

j7n

Helicopter controls are counter-intuitive on a PC keyboard. The button that causes any other type of vehicle (including plane) or character on foot to move forward, accelerates the helicopter up. The other other direction keys are also switched. When I'm heading towards a wall, there is no time to think and I reach for the wrong button. I can only fly a helicopter in GTA after I correct this, and make it behave more or less like a car with up thrusters. For GTA-SA I've made an AutoHotkey script that switches between helicopter and car mode, which is frustrating and not fun to do by hand.

I tried flying some helicopters in VC today, and found them slightly more challenging than in SA, but nowhere near hard. Resetting the camera apparently requires pushing another set of Look Left+Right buttons, not the same that turn the helicopter, and which are not within immediate reach. The helis feel less much less physical, level off immediately, and lack climbing power, which takes a little getting used to.

stef_92
3 hours ago, j7n said:

Helicopter controls are counter-intuitive on a PC keyboard. The button that causes any other type of vehicle (including plane) or character on foot to move forward, accelerates the helicopter up. The other other direction keys are also switched. When I'm heading towards a wall, there is no time to think and I reach for the wrong button. I can only fly a helicopter in GTA after I correct this, and make it behave more or less like a car with up thrusters. For GTA-SA I've made an AutoHotkey script that switches between helicopter and car mode, which is frustrating and not fun to do by hand.

I tried flying some helicopters in VC today, and found them slightly more challenging than in SA, but nowhere near hard. Resetting the camera apparently requires pushing another set of Look Left+Right buttons, not the same that turn the helicopter, and which are not within immediate reach. The helis feel less much less physical, level off immediately, and lack climbing power, which takes a little getting used to.

You can change your controls in order to make them comfortable for you. I don't use the default controls. Also it takes some time to get used but after that you will do it smooth.

Rocket1921

I remember my brother asking for help to my cousin because he couldn´t beat the mission. But 8 years later I beat it first try lol. I guess I´m used to GTA mechanics in general. I play on pc btw.

grosso2626

I've always played the PS2 and PS4 versions and never found it hard, but I've heard the PC version is much harder. Can't confirm as I've never played PC. 

FadeAway

It wasn't hard but it was just tricky maneuvering a small heli and dropping the bombs on the target. 

Beato_dim
On 11/11/2018 at 6:51 AM, MysteryDriverX said:

I guess there's also the fact that it's so different than the other missions in the game (why not just go inside the building, stealthly at night when nobody's there, and plant the bombs yourself?), so maybe it makes players feel like this mission is out of place in the story, and that it should just be a side mission instead.

But it IS a side mission, all the Avery missions are.

On the topic though, this made me stop playing the game when I first played, as I just couldn't get past it. Now it's easy.

MysteryDriverX

Nuts, I always thought the mission was mandatory.

wfank

Go to the building with the Heli before taking any bombs, kill any construction workers trying to hit you using the Heli, especially the 3 security guards, dont hit any obstacles  (building walls, rods, etc) as it will damage the Heli's health. Once the enemies eliminated,  go back, collect and drop the bombs. Imo easiest combo is 1, 4 (there is a special opening there), 2, 3  ....

Edited by wfank