Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    2. News

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. News
      2. Red Dead Online
    1. GTA Online

      1. After Hours
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Crews

      1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA Next

    3. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

    6. GTA Vice City Stories

    7. GTA Liberty City Stories

    8. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

    2. Site Suggestions

HitmanSniperAssassin

Johnny Klebitz in GTA V

Recommended Posts

HitmanSniperAssassin

*SPOILERS FOR GTA V AND THE TLAD!!!*

 

Let me just start off by saying that I think it is safe to say that no one liked seeing Trevor bash Johnny K's skull in in GTA V but I think that it had to happen. I don't like the way they made Johnny full druggy in GTA V as (imo) it goes completely against his character. He is the one in the TLAD keeping the Lost straight and getting his drug addicted ex out of trouble. So when I saw Johnny scrawny and weak as can be it triggered me a little. Johnny shouldn't be all methed up and scrawny, he should be straight and ready to fight anyone who disrespects his girl. However this isn't the case. Instead Johnny takes it and whines to Trevor about what he has been doing to Ashley. As much as I like Trevor it is still very disturbing when you look at things from a certain stand point. Like the fact that she was clearly high which means that he was... well you know.

 

I now wanna talk about why I think it was necessary for Johnny to kick the bucket. I feel Johnny was right for this the role because it was pretty much the 1/4 mark in the game's story and this meant that Trevor's introduction needed to be impactful, and I think that killing off a key character from GTA IV was a perfect way to do so. I think that Johnny being the one to meet his demise (plus Terry and Clay) was the right choice because Johnny had every reason to be where he was (not all methed up but in Sandy Shores). The reason for this is because at the end of TLAD the Alderney chapter had pretty much caved in on itself which meant that if Johnny wanted to continue his biker antics he would need to relocate his chapter (in this case it was to Sandy Shores).

 

That's why I think that Johnny was right to be where he was because he needed to move his chapter to start fresh and continue business. Now I know that it is stated throughout GTA V's story that Sandy Shores (and pretty much Blaine County in general) are big on drugs which could've easily contributed to Johnny's addiction but I still think that it goes against Johnny's standards. I feel that Rockstar hasn't really treated it's past GTA IV characters very well (maybe with the exception of Karen because all they did with her was move her up in the ranks of the IAA. Oh and the mistreatment of Rocco (him getting killed in GTA V) was just perfect as I had wanted to take him out since I first meet him in TBOGT.)

 

One weird thing that I wanted to point out was how Johnny became President of the Lost MC after Billy Grey's incarceration in the middle of the game so why does he still have a Vice President patch in GTA V? I guess it was just laziness on Rockstar's part. I personally think that it sucked seeing Johnny go but I think it was necessary for an impactful introduction for Trevor. Anyways let me know what you think of Johnny Klebitz in GTA V.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25
1 hour ago, HitmanSniperAssassin said:

*SPOILERS FOR GTA V AND THE TLAD!!!*

 

Let me just start off by saying that I think it is safe to say that no one liked seeing Trevor bash Johnny K's skull in in GTA V

Wrong. I enjoyed it and I'm sure I wasn't alone. We have lots of people in the world amd they have very different opinions. 

 

Hope this post doesn't turn into another flame war. 

 

R* wanted to introduce Trevor as a badass and they chose the right protagonist. Any other protagonist would cause more hatred among the fans because Johnny was one of the least liked protagonists in the series. 

Imagine if they chose Niko. The community would basically collapse. I think R* really didn't like TLAD because it didn't make much cash for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RetroMystic
31 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

R* wanted to introduce Trevor as a badass and they chose the right protagonist.

How does killing a pathetic methhead junkie make Trevor a "badass"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RetroMystic said:

How does killing a pathetic methhead junkie make Trevor a "badass"?

Because he was a previous GTA protagonist who killed hundreds. 

I'm actually skeptical of that as well. But many TLAD fans and even IV fans(who hate trevor) suggest that they killed Johnny just to make trevor look badass so it seems like I have to roll with it. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alvarez
1 hour ago, RetroMystic said:

How does killing a pathetic methhead junkie make Trevor a "badass"?

It just makes him look edgy.

 

To improve the story in general, Ashley had to die before Johnny, so at least her death would send Johnny in a rampage of selfdestructive vendetta against Trevor, forcing him to flee to LS - but then, Johnny would be the more symphatetic figure, not Trevor. So they put Johnny on a slaughter bank. I also heard Rockstar didn't like TLaD, because it didnt sold well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25
26 minutes ago, Alvarez said:

It just makes him look edgy.

 

To improve the story in general, Ashley had to die before Johnny, so at least her death would send Johnny in a rampage of selfdestructive vendetta against Trevor, forcing him to flee to LS - but then, Johnny would be the more symphatetic figure, not Trevor. So they put Johnny on a slaughter bank. I also heard Rockstar didn't like TLaD, because it didnt sold well.

You got it right. Except for this part. 

 

forcing him to flee to LS

 

It doesn't seem like Trevor's personality to escape from Blaine County just because Lost MC want him dead. He would start a heavy gang war with them(and he did). The story would be better if Johnny was wounded in 'Mr. Philips' and Then a series of missions against the bikers started with the last of them having Johnny as a boss to kill. Then Trevor would go to LS to find Michael.  It would have been a more respectable way for Johnny to go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
universetwisters

I didn't like Johnny so I don't give a sh*t lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HitmanSniperAssassin
10 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

Wrong. I enjoyed it and I'm sure I wasn't alone. We have lots of people in the world amd they have very different opinions. 

 

Hope this post doesn't turn into another flame war. 

 

R* wanted to introduce Trevor as a badass and they chose the right protagonist. Any other protagonist would cause more hatred among the fans because Johnny was one of the least liked protagonists in the series. 

Imagine if they chose Niko. The community would basically collapse. I think R* really didn't like TLAD because it didn't make much cash for them. 

I definitely agree with what you are saying. Johnny was (imo) not the best protagonist but he was a decent one, and I think that was enough for an impactful introduction to Trevor's character. Another thing I wanted to point out was what you said about if Rockstar had chosen someone such as Niko that would've pissed a lot of people off and I agree as I would be one of them. Same with Trevor if they had swapped the roles and had Johnny bash Trevor's head in. Most wouldn't want to see that as most would agree that Trevor is the better character. I'm not mad because Rockstar chose to kill off Johnny, I just didn't like the state of his character before he died.

10 hours ago, RetroMystic said:

How does killing a pathetic methhead junkie make Trevor a "badass"?

In my opinion it isn't the fact that he was a pathetic methhead junkie before he died that makes Trevor a badass. It's the fact that Trevor just killed someone who managed to bust into an entire prison just to kill one guy. I think that the best thing that TLAD had going for it was the fact that it made you feel like a badass. The previous events from TLAD involving Johnny are what (imo) made Johnny's death so impactful.

8 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

Because he was a previous GTA protagonist who killed hundreds. 

I'm actually skeptical of that as well. But many TLAD fans and even IV fans(who hate trevor) suggest that they killed Johnny just to make trevor look badass so it seems like I have to roll with it. 

I definitely agree with you on that. I love GTA IV but Trevor is still one of my favorites and I would pick him over Johnny any day. I also agree with what you said about him killing hundreds that made his death so impactful. It was the previous events in TLAD that contributed to impactful death and introduction for Trevor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HitmanSniperAssassin
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

You got it right. Except for this part. 

 

forcing him to flee to LS

 

It doesn't seem like Trevor's personality to escape from Blaine County just because Lost MC want him dead. He would start a heavy gang war with them(and he did). The story would be better if Johnny was wounded in 'Mr. Philips' and Then a series of missions against the bikers started with the last of them having Johnny as a boss to kill. Then Trevor would go to LS to find Michael.  It would have been a more respectable way for Johnny to go. 

I agree that that would've been a much better way for the story to progress and I would've loved to have seen that. I felt that Rockstar just doesn't like the Lost MC in general. Like the fact that they just (imo) rushed the missions involving the Lost. An example of this is how Trevor destroying a bunch of their trailers in Stab City and then going to LS afterwards is all one big mission. Those easily could've been 2 different missions.

3 hours ago, universetwisters said:

I didn't like Johnny so I don't give a sh*t lmao

It's alright, because many don't lol. I feel that Johnny isn't really appreciated enough when it comes to comparing him to other GTA characters. For example many would say that Claude from GTA 3 was a better character than Johnny and I find that to be absurd. Johnny at least has a personality when Claude doesn't even talk! But everyone has their own opinions and I respect them. I'm not a GTA IV or TLAD fanboy. I'm just simply saying that having a character with a personality is better than having one that doesn't.

8 hours ago, Alvarez said:

It just makes him look edgy.

 

To improve the story in general, Ashley had to die before Johnny, so at least her death would send Johnny in a rampage of selfdestructive vendetta against Trevor, forcing him to flee to LS - but then, Johnny would be the more symphatetic figure, not Trevor. So they put Johnny on a slaughter bank. I also heard Rockstar didn't like TLaD, because it didnt sold well.

I like your point of view however I personally don't see Trevor fleeing over some bikers.

Edited by HitmanSniperAssassin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Domac

I didn't even care at all that he was killed, even if I didn't like it. But, there, he's dead and there's nothing we can do about it, only Rockstar can (in which case they'd have to turn the game into sh*t just like Saints Row and somehow resurrect Johnny from the dead).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HitmanSniperAssassin
1 minute ago, Domac said:

I didn't even care at all that he was killed, even if I didn't like it. But, there, he's dead and there's nothing we can do about it, only Rockstar can (in which case they'd have to turn the game into sh*t just like Saints Row and somehow resurrect Johnny from the dead).

I personally thought Johnny was a decent character however I felt that his death was needed as it helped for a impactful introduction for (imo) a better overall character of Trevor. I don't want anyone to think that I'm a GTA IV or the TLAD fanboy I just didn't like the state of Johnny's character before he died that's all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crossbones

I don't have any problem with Trevor killing Johnny, I have problem with the way they thought to finish off Johnny. It would have been great if Johnny was Trevor's main antagonist instead of Wei Cheng and others, like the whole game Johnny and the Lost are a force to be reckoned with, creating problems for Trevor, making Trevor's life in Blaine County a little miserable and hard and at last his execution should have been something like Billy's in TLAD. I have no problem with Johnny turning into methhead though. All I think the reason they finished Johnny like this was lazy writing and to introduce Trevor as a badass, which I never felt he was and just made him unlikable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HitmanSniperAssassin
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Crossbones said:

I don't have any problem with Trevor killing Johnny, I have problem with the way they thought to finish off Johnny. It would have been great if Johnny was Trevor's main antagonist instead of Wei Cheng and others, like the whole game Johnny and the Lost are a force to be reckoned with, creating problems for Trevor, making Trevor's life in Blaine County a little miserable and hard and at last his execution should have been something like Billy's in TLAD. I have no problem with Johnny turning into methhead though. All I think the reason they finished Johnny like this was lazy writing and to introduce Trevor as a badass, which I never felt he was and just made him unlikable.

I agree with you for the most part. Johnny's outing was lazy and could've been done so much better. However, I personally think that Johnny being killed by Trevor was the right decision to make Trevor's introduction more impactful.

Edited by HitmanSniperAssassin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Am Shaegar

Johnny is not that great of a character to really get updet about the treatment in V. Still I don't think Rockstar has taken undue liberties with Johnny's character in V. Everyone who has played TLAD knows about what kind of relationship Johnny and his drug addict girlfriend Ashley had in the story. Often people focus only on Johnny by assuming that Rockstar simply wanted to shock the target audience but that's not entirely true, since people forget about the other part of TLAD's character - Ashley! Rockstar left her character in the end without anykind of closure to her relationship with Johnny. It was not clear after TLAD's events where was their relationship was going? 

 

The answer lies in GTA V.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HitmanSniperAssassin
23 minutes ago, Am Shaegar said:

Johnny is not that great of a character to really get updet about the treatment in V. Still I don't think Rockstar has taken undue liberties with Johnny's character in V. Everyone who has played TLAD knows about what kind of relationship Johnny and his drug addict girlfriend Ashley had in the story. Often people focus only on Johnny by assuming that Rockstar simply wanted to shock the target audience but that's not entirely true, since people forget about the other part of TLAD's character - Ashley! Rockstar left her character in the end without anykind of closure to her relationship with Johnny. It was not clear after TLAD's events where was their relationship was going? 

 

The answer lies in GTA V.

I agree with you as like you said there was no real closure to Ashley and Johnny's relationship I just don't like the way Rockstar pulled it off in V as I feel that Johnny would've kept himself off of meth. He was able to manage the entire Alderney chapter after Billy's final incarceration and he was able to keep himself in check so moving from one place to another shouldn't have been enough to get him hooked on meth with Ashley imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pink Pineapple
23 hours ago, HitmanSniperAssassin said:

I feel Johnny was right for this the role because it was pretty much the 1/4 mark in the game's story and this meant that Trevor's introduction needed to be impactful, and I think that killing off a key character from GTA IV was a perfect way to do so.

 

The problem with that is The Lost and Damned didn't sell many copies, so 90% of the people who played GTA V didn't know who Johnny was when they killed him. They could have replaced Johnny with a new character and it would have made the same impact with the majority of people who played V.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Pink Pineapple said:

 

The problem with that is The Lost and Damned didn't sell many copies, so 90% of the people who played GTA V didn't know who Johnny was when they killed him. They could have replaced Johnny with a new character and it would have made the same impact with the majority of people who played V.

People didn't play TLAD but most of them knew Johnny was a GTA protagonist. They didn't know anything about his personality or actions but they knew he was a previous GTA protagonist. GTA is a popular franchise and even if people don't play it, they still follow the news.knowing Johnny was a previous protagonist(people pretty much know how deadly and badass a GTA protagonist is even if they don't know him)  and getting killed by Trevor is enough for people to get the idea of how crazy trevor is and That was R*'s intention in the first place. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tao Cheng

I'm intrigued with some people that were triggered about how Trevor finished Johnny, maybe due to the attachment the player received from playing GTA IV or felt like they wasted their time beating that particular game not knowing he's going to die. I didn't mind it and I've 100% completed TLAD. Remember that Johnny screwed Niko over twice if you felt betrayed over this.

 

"You can't predict what people will become." -Niko Bellic

Anyone can be the toughest person to nuke China and Germany like it's nothing and can still be weak over a girl or a Hot Wheels toy from 20 years ago only to have a little chihuahua kill that person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HitmanSniperAssassin
2 hours ago, Pink Pineapple said:

 

The problem with that is The Lost and Damned didn't sell many copies, so 90% of the people who played GTA V didn't know who Johnny was when they killed him. They could have replaced Johnny with a new character and it would have made the same impact with the majority of people who played V.

That is a good point however, most of the more commonly known characters they could've picked are probably what most would consider to be fan favorites. I guess in that regard the best option would've been to kill off a minor character from GTA IV's story.

1 hour ago, TheSantader25 said:

People didn't play TLAD but most of them knew Johnny was a GTA protagonist. They didn't knew anything about his personality or actions but they knew he was a previous GTA protagonist. GTA is a popular franchise and even if people don't play it, they still follow the news.knowing Johnny was a previous protagonist(people pretty much know how deadly and badass a GTA protagonist is even if they don't know him)  and getting killed by Trevor is enough people to get the idea of how crazy trevor is.and That was R*'s intention in the first place. 

I agree as I had never actually played TLAD when I first played GTA V as I'd never gotten around to playing it until shortly afterwards. However, I still knew who Johnny was which made Trevor's introduction pretty impactful as I knew that he was killing off a killing machine from a previous GTA title.

1 hour ago, Tao Cheng said:

I'm intrigued with some people that were triggered about how Trevor finished Johnny, maybe due to the attachment the player received from playing GTA IV or felt like they wasted their time beating that particular game not knowing he's going to die. I didn't mind it and I've 100% completed TLAD. Remember that Johnny screwed Niko over twice if you felt betrayed over this.

 

I agree with you on that. I understand why Johnny kicked the bucket. It was so Rockstar could take a average/decent protagonist and kill him off to introduce a new badass one. I just didn't like Johnny's current state before he died.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pink Pineapple
13 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

People didn't play TLAD but most of them knew Johnny was a GTA protagonist. They didn't know anything about his personality or actions but they knew he was a previous GTA protagonist. GTA is a popular franchise and even if people don't play it, they still follow the news.knowing Johnny was a previous protagonist(people pretty much know how deadly and badass a GTA protagonist is even if they don't know him)  and getting killed by Trevor is enough for people to get the idea of how crazy trevor is and That was R*'s intention in the first place. 

 

Most of the people who play GTA are casual gamers. They're not like the people here who spend lots of time on the boards. Despite GTA being very popular, TLaD didn't sell many copies. If people aren't interested enough in a game to play it, they're not going to be interested in learning about the characters.

 

I never played Liberty City Stories or Vice City Stories. I couldn't tell you anything about the characters in those games. I couldn't even recognize them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Pink Pineapple said:

 

Most of the people who play GTA are casual gamers. They're not like the people here who spend lots of time on the boards. Despite GTA being very popular, TLaD didn't sell many copies. If people aren't interested enough in a game to play it, they're not going to be interested in learning about the characters.

 

I never played Liberty City Stories or Vice City Stories. I couldn't tell you anything about the characters in those games. I couldn't even recognize them.

I've seen loads of examples for the point I made. Among my family, friends, hell you see even the OP seemed to have experienced the same situation. Many people I knew who picked up V didn't play any other GTA other than SA. But they still knew Johnny was a previous protagonist. Like I said, they don't know who he is or about his past. But knowing that Trevor killed a "previous GTA Protagonist regardless of his personality or previous manners" is enough to show him as a badass. TLAD was represented with Johnny in the advertisements before release. Casuals pick games randomly and basically because they are popular but they still know "what" they pick up and they do follow news to some extent. And even of they didn't know he was a previous protagonist,they would find out sooner or later by hearing the fact from other people. It won't have the "shock" value. But I doubt the "shock value" was R*'s intention anyway. The "shock" already happened when they suddenly cut the camera from Michael and Franklin to Trevor f*cking Ashley. It was basically to show Trevor as a dangerous and edgy man. It doesn't matter if people find out later that Johnny was a previous protagonist. It would still rightfully accomplish it's purpose. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GTA-Biker
Posted (edited)

The problems I have with Trevor killing Johnny are:

-Why is Johnny back with Ashley,and why is he a junkie?In TLAD he criticised Ashley because of her drug addiction,as well as Billy (blaming his addiction for his violent leadership of The Lost).At the end of the game he broke up with Ashley,telling her he doesn't want to watch her ruin her life anymore.It makes no sense that he would not only get back together with her,but also get addicted.

-Why did TLMC move to Sandy Shores of all places?In TLAD it's been said that the Angels Of Death are from San Andreas,so why would Johnny, Terry and Clay decide to go to their main rivals home state,and how did they even manage to take it over from AOD (in fact,how did TLMC managed to not just rebuild the chapter,but also expand the club in just 5 years)?IMO it would make more sense if Johnny, Terry and Clay stayed in LC and joined the Broker chapter of TLMC.

-Why make Johnny into a weak junkie?I guess they wanted to justify the way Trevor kills him so fast,but it doesn't really make Trevor more badass,it just looks like a lazy attempt to make him look badass.Sure,Johnny's still a guy who broke into high security prison,but he's no longer in his prime after all the drug use (IMO you are a badass if you can beat up a young soldier in his 20s,you're not badass if you beat up a 95 year old WW2 veteran).If they wanted to make Trevor look badass,they should have kept Johnny as tough and dangerous as he was in TLAD,and then have Trevor defeat him in a fair fight.

Edited by GTA-Biker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DirtCheap

To be honest, I think the reason R* portrayed Johnny in such an embarrassing way was so, in  a way, we don't really feel bad for Johnny then as he's a disgrace in V.

 

And it worked. After seeing what a pussy and c*ck Johnny is, I could not care less for that embarrassment of a man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RetroMystic
1 hour ago, DirtCheap said:

To be honest, I think the reason R* portrayed Johnny in such an embarrassing way was so, in  a way, we don't really feel bad for Johnny then as he's a disgrace in V.

 

And it worked. After seeing what a pussy and c*ck Johnny is, I could not care less for that embarrassment of a man.

I reciprocate this exact feeling.

 

As far as I’m concerned the Johnny in GTA V is completely different to what we got in TLaD. Not literally of course, but I have no empathy for the pathetic mess Trevor stomped out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CHARMANDER50
On 8/20/2018 at 3:02 PM, RetroMystic said:

How does killing a pathetic methhead junkie make Trevor a "badass"?

 

The real deal though is players are tempted to classify Trevor's Acte de brutalité enterré dans la morale de notre histoire douloureuse is often seen as barbaric for the poor antagonist pimp Trevor !

 

On we continue with Johnny's interesting life of crime, passion, anti-hero man of mystery ptotagonism.

 

I can say the GTA Story is all about J. Kleibitz trashing Trevor, TBoGT is a perfect ending to the statement, JOHNNY KLEIBITZ 

KILLED Trevor in the real deal GTA Story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HitmanSniperAssassin
4 hours ago, GTA-Biker said:

The problems I have with Trevor killing Johnny are:

-Why is Johnny back with Ashley,and why is he a junkie?In TLAD he criticised Ashley because of her drug addiction,as well as Billy (blaming his addiction for his violent leadership of The Lost).At the end of the game he broke up with Ashley,telling her he doesn't want to watch her ruin her life anymore.It makes no sense that he would not only get back together with her,but also get addicted.

-Why did TLMC move to Sandy Shores of all places?In TLAD it's been said that the Angels Of Death are from San Andreas,so why would Johnny, Terry and Clay decide to go to their main rivals home state,and how did they even manage to take it over from AOD (in fact,how did TLMC managed to not just rebuild the chapter,but also expand the club in just 5 years)?IMO it would make more sense if Johnny, Terry and Clay stayed in LC and joined the Broker chapter of TLMC.

-Why make Johnny into a weak junkie?I guess they wanted to justify the way Trevor kills him so fast,but it doesn't really make Trevor more badass,it just looks like a lazy attempt to make him look badass.Sure,Johnny's still a guy who broke into high security prison,but he's no longer in his prime after all the drug use (IMO you are a badass if you can beat up a young soldier in his 20s,you're not badass if you beat up a 95 year old WW2 veteran).If they wanted to make Trevor look badass,they should have kept Johnny as tough and dangerous as he was in TLAD,and then have Trevor defeat him in a fair fight.

I definitely agree with you on Trevor killing a version of Johnny that wasn't all methed up would've been more badass because Johnny was a badass in his normal state. Also it seems so out of character for him to get hooked on meth after everything said and done throughout TLAD. However, I personally feel that the Alderney Chapter (Johnny, Terry, and Clay) came to Sandy Shores because they had business opportunities for selling drugs and things of that nature. As far as the Angels of Death being in San Andreas, well they're no where to be seen anywhere in Sandy Shores or anywhere in the ingame map (GTA V) for that matter. This most likely means that they operate outside of Sandy Shores and Los Santos which is why they're nowhere to be seen. I believe that they would be operating in San Fierro as it is said that the AOD leader was born there. I feel that Johnny moved the Alderney chapter to start fresh away from Liberty City (as they pretty much had nothing left there but the past memories of the chapter) and away from their enemies (which is why they are in Sandy Shores as the AOD don't operate there). I also think that one of the main reasons Johnny moved out to Sandy was simply to expand the the Lost MC as a whole. Now it is worth noting that there is also a hangout for the Lost MC in the city which could be a result of Johnny expanding the group out to San Andreas or they could've already been there (which they probably were) as the Lost would probably of wanted to expand the chapter like the AOD did as they're from San Andreas but they're in Liberty City with their own hangout in TLAD.

4 hours ago, DirtCheap said:

To be honest, I think the reason R* portrayed Johnny in such an embarrassing way was so, in  a way, we don't really feel bad for Johnny then as he's a disgrace in V.

 

And it worked. After seeing what a pussy and c*ck Johnny is, I could not care less for that embarrassment of a man.

That's probably what R* was goin for as they didn't want you to hate Trevor for killing him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pink Pineapple
5 hours ago, DirtCheap said:

To be honest, I think the reason R* portrayed Johnny in such an embarrassing way was so, in  a way, we don't really feel bad for Johnny then as he's a disgrace in V.

 

 

It made me feel bad for Rockstar's writers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lock n' Stock

If anything, they should have made Johnny more of a force to be reckoned with rather than just killing him off from the moment you see him. It was lazy writing imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25
6 hours ago, GTA-Biker said:

The problems I have with Trevor killing Johnny are:

-1)Why is Johnny back with Ashley,and why is he a junkie?In TLAD he criticised Ashley because of her drug addiction,as well as Billy (blaming his addiction for his violent leadership of The Lost).At the end of the game he broke up with Ashley,telling her he doesn't want to watch her ruin her life anymore.It makes no sense that he would not only get back together with her,but also get addicted.

-2)Why did TLMC move to Sandy Shores of all places?In TLAD it's been said that the Angels Of Death are from San Andreas,so why would Johnny, Terry and Clay decide to go to their main rivals home state,and how did they even manage to take it over from AOD (in fact,how did TLMC managed to not just rebuild the chapter,but also expand the club in just 5 years)?IMO it would make more sense if Johnny, Terry and Clay stayed in LC and joined the Broker chapter of TLMC.

-3)Why make Johnny into a weak junkie?I guess they wanted to justify the way Trevor kills him so fast,but it doesn't really make Trevor more badass,it just looks like a lazy attempt to make him look badass.Sure,Johnny's still a guy who broke into high security prison,but he's no longer in his prime after all the drug use (IMO you are a badass if you can beat up a young soldier in his 20s,you're not badass if you beat up a 95 year old WW2 veteran).If they wanted to make Trevor look badass,they should have kept Johnny as tough and dangerous as he was in TLAD,and then have Trevor defeat him in a fair fight.

1) As evident by the events of TLAD, Johnny said multiple times before the ending that he was gonna dump Ashley as well but he still DID come back for her. I don't know how can you believe him at the end. It's the same promise from a man that broke it multiple times already. He clearly had a thing for Ashley and couldn't leave her. It's safe to say she was "his" weak point. So I don't think he coming back to Ashley is weird at all. In fact it fits his character. 

2)5 years is a long period of time. At least for the GTA Universe. Look at what Niko and CJ achieved in One year. They changed the entire state they were living in by their actions. Johnny doing the same thing(at his prime) isn't far off. Why he came to Blaine County? I think this place had a lot of potential for drug and weapons trafficking so why not? All they had to do was to deal with AOD. and with a guy like Johnny as your leader that wouldn't be hard.

3)why a junkie? I guess if you spend 5 years with a super junkie that you love while doing a hard work around the super competitive rivals,there's a high chance you get influenced at least once. And if you are, it's hard to get out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jack Lupino

Its 2018 and people still bitching about johnnys death in gta 5 lol.

Just let it go.As many others said he just wasnt a interesting protagonist and by 2013 he became meth addicted and physically weaker.

Trevor just helped him by putting him out of his misery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.