1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

ZekoX

MOTW #120

MOTW #120 Voting  

12 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win the MOTW #120?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/26/2018 at 04:00 PM

VikingEVM

THIRD MISSION REVIEW - THE MACHINE BY ZekoX
An original, bold and overall well executed mission, which although risks getting off theme and has some dialogue errors and a story which is not entirely clear (but it's hard to tell a story like this in a single mission).
WHAT I LIKED (NON SPOILER): The story is original and really makes this mission stand out. The dialogues are colored and overall well done. The shooting segments are not frustrating at all and don't present any problems.

WHAT I DISLIKED (NON SPOILER): Some conversations and the ending itself feel too hasty/dismissive, there are some errors here and there in the dialogues.

Spoiler

The setting was really original and unexpected for a mission regarding SWAT units. What i didn't understand is who are the guys protecting the machine. Some kind of cultists or terrorists maybe?

The intro cutscene was well done, maybe some dialogues were a bit short and felt odd (the general talking that way lol), but nothing too serious.

When the team leaves the police station you could've put maybe some cops defending Pershing Square against some zombies to give the idea of what's happening in the town.

Also when the team arrives at El Corona with the vehicle you should've put a cutscenee when one of the team says "We gotta break the machine!" because i, and i think most players, immediately got out from the vehicle just to find myself teleported and that kinda breaks immersion, so freeze the movements of the player with a cutscene.

As i stated above, the enemies were not too many and overall the warehouse exterior shootout was perfect: not frustrating, not easy.

Also the interior shootout was very well done and mapped, great job!

TIP: When placing the dynamite, you should've used the "Player Animation" objective and then set up a cutscene, otherwise the player ped won't play the anim, i also had this problem then found out this.

The minigun part has only one little problem: it's kind of hard to reach the minigun stand because of the barbed wire on the fence which osbructs your movement but once you find the ideal spot, which is not hard to find, you can reach it easily. It was satisfying as hell to wreck all those little sh*ts

Then there's the final, which was a little disappointing because the dialogue felt a little bit rushed out, you should've maybe extended a bit, and it has the same problem the intro has: the general not talking like a general. Next time use some military terms, like instead of saying "Call me if you need backup" say "Contact HQ if you need backup" 

FINAL RATING: 7.5/10 - 3.75/5 (very nice)

I hope my review has been helpful to you @ZekoX, don't hesitate to reply for further clarifications, keep up with the good content and you'll get better and better 🤗

ZekoX
Posted (edited)

Thanks VikingEVM, appreciate it! (lol DennysCute99 is 99% gonna win pfft)

Cultist created the things, well I should put cops defending the HQ. I will do that in the future, thanks!

Edited by ZekoX

VikingEVM

FOURTH MISSION REVIEW - TOP OPERATION SILENCE BY DennysCute99
A very well put together stealth/action mission, but crippled by dialogue full of syntax errors and a couple of mistakes here and there, one of them can break the mission.
WHAT I LIKED (NON SPOILER): The cutscenes were very well done, aside from the errors in the dialogue. The mapping also was good: it provides cover, is organized and fits in well with the environment. The music also was on point and the stealth and shooting sections were overall well executed.

WHAT I DISLIKED (NON SPOILER): The syntax errors make the dialogues hard to read, the lack of ammo in certain sections makes those certain sections a bit frustrating until you acquire a better weapon,  A particular error (which i will point out in the spoiler section) risks of breaking the mission. The music is a bit loud but doesn't earrape you

Spoiler

Cutscenes are very well done aside from the syntax errors as i said above. For example what i didn't understand is what exactly is the plan the player has to retrieve? "The plan of the destruction of SA"? And who is this "owner"? Why not "Commander" or "Boss"?

The first stealth section is very well executed, both in terms of map and enemies. Their powerful weapons and their good aim force you to really play it stealthy, the only problem is that the player is given too few silenced pistol rounds and it's difficult to grab a dead enemy's weapon without getting in another enemy's line of sight thus drawing its attention. A pickup would've been helpful too.

The sniping section was good. Was the music from GTA Online? 🌚

The defense section has an error that can be mission-breaking: when the terrorists' first helicopter arrives, the player is still watching the cutscene, this means that if the helicopter gets you, you're dead (or almost dead depending on how many HPs you have left). Fortunately i haven't been directly hit and also there was a minigun to bring down those assholes (some more rounds would've been appreciated tho 😅)

Also the dialogues have the same problems as ZekoX's mission, like the SWAT operators not talking like SWAT operators

FINAL RATING: 7/10 - 3.5/5 (nice)

I hope my review has been helpful to you @DennysCute99, don't hesitate to reply for further clarifications and keep up with the good content, that's how you'll get better and better 🤗

Spoiler
On 8/22/2018 at 9:03 PM, DennysCute99 said:

THEY'LL NOT STAND A CHANCE AGAINST ME.

Another tip, never be too confident. Your mission was very good but there were still a couple of errors, two of them pretty big (syntax errors in dialogues and the hunter). We must stay focused and always think we can do better, that's how we keep improving 💪

Nuddle King

DC99 did it again, a wonderful nice mission, I liked Alex and GKHEAT missions too, but DC99 was a high mission one. so.

I voted for Denny.

Giorgia Vinegar
3 minutes ago, Nuddle King said:

DC99 did it again, a wonderful nice mission, I liked Alex and GKHEAT missions too, but DC99 was a high mission one. so.

I voted for Denny.

The DennysCute99's mission is beautiful?

ZekoX
Posted (edited)

I played all the missions, but after DennysCute99 missions was well done and long, I may not vote for him (sorry Denny, if think I am against you, you're wrong.) well, hard choice between all of these participators, well except for DIMAGAMER and MedoGamer_2, I'll cast my vote to GKHEAT. Good luck to DennysCute, DimaGamer, GKHEAT, Alex Magana and MedoGamer_2.

Edited by ZekoX
forgot to add alex magana

Nuddle King
Just now, Giorgia Vinegar said:

The DennysCute99's mission is beautiful?

More than beautiful, excellent mission with action and stealth, like reality.

Giorgia Vinegar
1 minute ago, Nuddle King said:

Okay. Tommorow, I playing all mission and I write the review.

ZekoX
Posted (edited)
IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dare_Devil22's vote doesn't count, as the voter broke the following rule:

-Account must be at least 4 weeks old and has 20 posts made to be able to vote

The voter has passed 3 weeks and 1 day, but didn't post anything. Sorry DennysCute99

:(

If there are any rule breakers on this MOTW (such as not doing it for the theme, didn't make 20 posts or haven't passed 4 weeks.

Edited by ZekoX

Nuddle King

Again? He just voted last time and didn't count, and now he still don't count.

ZekoX
Just now, Nuddle King said:

Again? He just voted last time and didn't count, and now he still don't count.

He didn't made a single post, plus he only joined three weeks ago and one day after.

VikingEVM

FIFTH MISSION REVIEW - CLEARING AN ATTACK BY DimaGamer
An overall average and also too short mission.
WHAT I LIKED (NON SPOILER): Good action overall in the shooting segments

WHAT I DISLIKED (NON SPOILER): Some grammar and syntax errors here and there in the dialogues, some situations could've probabily been handled better (i'll explain in the spoiler)

Spoiler

The intro is bugged, you see glitched actors in the first cutscenes, plus the aforementioned syntax and grammar errors.

I like that you grab your armor and your sidearm and then head for the truck with your team.

There's a little problem with the first shootout: the checkpoint you have to reach with your vehicle is too close to the enemies and that can be frustrating for less focused players. Overall it wasn't frustrating or tedious, there was a good balance between health, aim and number of enemies.

The interior shootout looks strange because the enemies are awkwardly positioned (some are behind the SWAT teams? how did they get there?). Not a big deal as they are not that hard to take down.

Two tips: when making a shootout in an interior and you don't want the player to exit you can put fences around the yellow arrow to avoid the player using it to exit. And also, you should've made the back door appear when the player enters the Pig Pen.

The first time i played this, in the part where you have to chase the balla escaping with the hostage, the car was too close to the wall and the balla couldn't get inside. The second time i played the balla managed to get in but then had problems entering the alley (marvelous GTA San Andreas AI, not really your fault there 😂)

FINAL RATING: 5/10 - 2.5/5 (average)

I hope my review has been helpful to you @DimaGamer, don't hesitate to reply for further clarifications and don't let this discourage you, but rather keep doing missions, because that is what will make you improve more and more over time 🤗

ZekoX
Posted (edited)

This is what every DYOM member/designer wanted to, reviews, no arguments or fighting. Plus, 6 MOTW entries, we should keep it like this. Still, I am active every day so I will seek for rule breakers. But, you can PM me for rule breakers if I didn't read, as I can hear the notification on my phone.

Good luck to all participators. Thanks VikingEVM for your vote, buddy!

Edited by ZekoX

Nuddle King

Good luck on seeking.

DennysCute99
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, VikingEVM said:

FOURTH MISSION REVIEW - TOP OPERATION SILENCE BY DennysCute99
A very well put together stealth/action mission, but crippled by dialogue full of syntax errors and a couple of mistakes here and there, one of them can break the mission.
WHAT I LIKED (NON SPOILER): The cutscenes were very well done, aside from the errors in the dialogue. The mapping also was good: it provides cover, is organized and fits in well with the environment. The music also was on point and the stealth and shooting sections were overall well executed.

WHAT I DISLIKED (NON SPOILER): The syntax errors make the dialogues hard to read, the lack of ammo in certain sections makes those certain sections a bit frustrating until you acquire a better weapon,  A particular error (which i will point out in the spoiler section) risks of breaking the mission. The music is a bit loud but doesn't earrape you

Reveal hidden contents

Cutscenes are very well done aside from the syntax errors as i said above. For example what i didn't understand is what exactly is the plan the player has to retrieve? "The plan of the destruction of SA"? And who is this "owner"? Why not "Commander" or "Boss"?

The first stealth section is very well executed, both in terms of map and enemies. Their powerful weapons and their good aim force you to really play it stealthy, the only problem is that the player is given too few silenced pistol rounds and it's difficult to grab a dead enemy's weapon without getting in another enemy's line of sight thus drawing its attention. A pickup would've been helpful too.

The sniping section was good. Was the music from GTA Online? 🌚

The defense section has an error that can be mission-breaking: when the terrorists' first helicopter arrives, the player is still watching the cutscene, this means that if the helicopter gets you, you're dead (or almost dead depending on how many HPs you have left). Fortunately i haven't been directly hit and also there was a minigun to bring down those assholes (some more rounds would've been appreciated tho 😅)

Also the dialogues have the same problems as ZekoX's mission, like the SWAT operators not talking like SWAT operators

FINAL RATING: 7/10 - 3.5/5 (nice)

I hope my review has been helpful to you @DennysCute99, don't hesitate to reply for further clarifications and keep up with the good content, that's how you'll get better and better 🤗

Reveal hidden contents

Another tip, never be too confident. Your mission was very good but there were still a couple of errors, two of them pretty big (syntax errors in dialogues and the hunter). We must stay focused and always think we can do better, that's how we keep improving 💪

Thanks for this reply.

2 hours ago, Nuddle King said:

I voted for Denny.

Thanks for the vote.

2 hours ago, ZekoX said:

I played all the missions, but after DennysCute99 missions was well done and long, I may not vote for him (sorry Denny, if think I am against you, you're wrong.) well, hard choice between all of these participators, well except for DIMAGAMER and MedoGamer_2, I'll cast my vote to GKHEAT. Good luck to DennysCute, DimaGamer, GKHEAT, Alex Magana and MedoGamer_2.

No problem bro.

2 hours ago, Nuddle King said:

Thanks again.

2 hours ago, ZekoX said:
IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dare_Devil22's vote doesn't count, as the voter broke the following rule:

-Account must be at least 4 weeks old and has 20 posts made to be able to vote

The voter has passed 3 weeks and 1 day, but didn't post anything. Sorry DennysCute99

:(

If there are any rule breakers on this MOTW (such as not doing it for the theme, didn't make 20 posts or haven't passed 4 weeks.

No problem. I have only 1 vote.

Edited by DennysCute99

MedoGamer_2
Posted (edited)

Nobody voted for me ok no problem I will try hard next time btw some body please review about my mission

Spoiler

Next time I will win motw for the first time ever

Edited by MedoGamer_2

Giorgia Vinegar

Sometime it's really hard to guess between the goods missions, and that's what I see in this fantastic/fabolous MOTW. After playing and comparision all the missions, I cast my vote to DC99. 

Well done my vote is 4/5 @ZekoX

Good mission buddy. 3/5 @GKHEAT

Nice. 4/5 @Alex Magana

Okay, okay. Good mission 4/5 @MedoGamer_2 

Nice mission, keep u! 3/5 @DimaGamer

And... My vote goes to DC99. :^: :pirate:

SkyGTA_User
Posted (edited)

Wow, I can't expect that the host can participate in a MOTW...

I give my vote to @DennysCute99

Spoiler

nothing..

Edited by SkyGTA_User

DimaGamer

I Give My Overall Vote To Hype Predzz

MedoGamer_2

Voted for zeko I didn't play everyone's mission just voted for him cause I like his themes 

Spoiler

I am sure DC99 will win give us a nice theme

SkyGTA_User
9 minutes ago, MedoGamer_2 said:

Voted for zeko I didn't play everyone's mission just voted for him cause I like his themes 

Hide contents

I am sure DC99 will win give us a nice theme

You didn't play the missions before voting?

DennysCute99

Thank you all. I'll apprecciate it.

Spoiler

I found nice theme for all.

SkyGTA_User

DRAMA PLEASE!

suggestion.

DennysCute99

What do you mean?

SkyGTA_User

teh tehme por nekst motw.

omigawail

Votes of DareDevil, MedoGamer and DimaGamer don't count

Martin_Strada

What an week MOTW entry... Missions were not great like always, the plot is cliche. I liked DC99's mission the most, but I will vote for Dima cuz he doesn't have any votes, and the mission was not good and not bad. 

DennysCute99

No problem Martin. You are free to vote anyone.

Nuddle King

GIVE ME ROMANCE THEME

UGHHHH..

SkyGTA_User

Rome&Juliet? Liked it! 

Rome&Juliet? Liked it!