3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

MadHammerThorsteen

What will you do first (online)?

Oink

Hogtie a some innocent lady. Put her on my horse. Ride to a out of the way location where we can have some privacy. And then...

Spoiler

..lay her down on the tracks when I hear that train a comin'

AGNT009

Login and notice every players icon is showing everywhere on the map, cry, cry some more, then probably ignore RDR2 online like I did for RDR1. If you cant truly get lost on the map, with no fast vehicles this time, whats the point? Then every player is just going to go hunt you down to screw with you while your trying to quietly hunt and fish for cash. Assuming full animals will be online.  

ivarblaauw

Going to get a bear claw from one of those Grizzlies 😎

Slonitram

Buy a duster coat and never take it off. 

Dr.Rosenthal

It’ll be really fun to just explore the world together with friends. When GTAV/O released I didn’t really have anyone to explore it with. It was cool eitherway, but this time I believe I’ll have at least a few friends who’ll be day 1 online players.

Personally, I have no idea what I’ll do first though. It’s kind of nice to not know; the first thing to do will be to try and find out what’s there to do, lol. But I’ll take my sweet time exploring Single Player first, I don’t want to rush things!

But, honestly, the first ”major” thing I’ll do online is probably to rob a store, if I know myself well. It’ll just happen.

So excited!

MadHammerThorsteen
On 8/25/2018 at 11:21 AM, AGNT009 said:

Login and notice every players icon is showing everywhere on the map, cry, cry some more, then probably ignore RDR2 online like I did for RDR1. If you cant truly get lost on the map, with no fast vehicles this time, whats the point? Then every player is just going to go hunt you down to screw with you while your trying to quietly hunt and fish for cash. Assuming full animals will be online.  

Dude, you're tripping. Never once in any Rockstar game have I ever been hunted by another player when I was off minding my own business away from everyone else. I've been attacked by passing players, but never do they go out of their way to travel halfway across the map just ti start with someone who can potentially mess their day up.

Dr.Rosenthal
4 hours ago, MatthewIRL said:

Dude, you're tripping. Never once in any Rockstar game have I ever been hunted by another player when I was off minding my own business away from everyone else. I've been attacked by passing players, but never do they go out of their way to travel halfway across the map just ti start with someone who can potentially mess their day up.

Are we talking about the same game? Lol

The plot text for GTAO could very well literally be ”travel halfway across a map just to start with someone who could potentially mess your day up”.

Although, I’m hoping that players will be less inclined to do so while on horseback and without pussymobiles.

Swift1

I’m gonna find an IGN player named Hillary, hold a makeshift tribunal and then hang her!

Chamberpotcleanerman20

Ride a horse and shoot anyone who gets in my way.

jhall181
On 8/24/2018 at 9:26 PM, MatthewIRL said:

RDR2 is a genre fiction game. R* are smart enough to realize that it doesn't have either the broad draw or the milking power that GTA has, and I imagine they're smart enough not ruin the experience for the RDR fan base. GTA can be abused because of how broadly appealing it is.

Other than that, walk your negativity back to the b*tch & moan thread. It's not wanted here.

Excellent plan! Most exquisite!

Your shill bs is not wanted here either.

Wake up man, GTA online is a pile of garbage that was ruined by micro transactions. they spit in the face of the single player community that actually made the series what it is long before online was even a thing.

Now as to the topic:

I’ll go to the nearest shop, see how much they’ve exorbitantly overpriced things in the name of selling whatever they’re going to call the rdr 2 version of shark cards, promptly back to single player,  enjoy it for as long as I possibly can, then shelve it, and watch sadly as rockstar/ take two destroy another series with their greed.

Edited by jhall181

Vik2390

Whistle a horse from Ultimate edition.

MARKUS.

1. See the ridiculous prices for a horse

2. Do a mission that rewards you a 1% of the price

3. See the price of golden bags (shark cards)

4. Get extremely angry and say a lot of bad words against R*

5. Try to do deathmatch or something to amortize my 8$ on PSN

Ol' Stinky Pete

Patrolling the rail tracks looking for hogtied purty little ladies in distress. 

Ronzilla.

Saddle up and ride with my posse.

TheLunaticParade

Well since someone noticed Cents will be in this games currency i figure mission will pay $0.50 to $1.00, Shame that horse will be $1000 not including the saddle and it being a common breed with no good attributes if thats a thing. While the Arabian/Mustang/Clydesdale horses will probably be $3000 - 10000 with no saddle or saddle accessories. Then the saddles will probably run $100 - $10000 at the start.

Then notice the immediate notification onscreen promptly reminding you that "hey you can buy money off the psn store. wink wink" As i watch some kid ride by on the $20000 horse and saddle that cost him $150.00-200 USD 2 days after release before falling to the ground dead cause he shoots everyone he sees. (which he'll later regret when his parents find out he stole/wrote down their CC)

Rykjeklut

I don't know that i'll ever go online. I'll probably play the Single Player for a fair few months first anyway.

Lisha

Form a posse with my friends. Go hunting in the woods.

Judicious 7

I’ll be hunting and enjoying the nature. No shootouts or even buying expensive apartments or whatever nearby cities. I’ll be off in the country somewhere quiet and isolated from people. Real mountain man stuff.

Omans

I’ll start my own gang and go after any opposing gangs. 

Edited by Omans

D9fred95

Nothing. Because the Online portion can get lost as far as I'm concerned.

tsto

Meet up with my online buddies, everyone saddled up on their respective horses, and trod along slowly, exploring the map and taking in the breathtaking vistas and day/night cycles, different lighting elements and other scenery.

xDatxJunkyx
On 8/24/2018 at 4:20 PM, XStreamGamer said:

Figure out how close I can get to customizing my character to be Will Smith from Wild Wild West, and the grinding Hideouts until I create Will Smith from Wild Wild West.

Hopefully, slapping players in Liars Dice is an option, because I will spend f*cking hours doing that next.

Hopefully sunglasses are a thing.... I'd like that

Der Süden

I ride over the first noob I see with my horse, back and forth slowly until he dies. Then I write him a message saying he has no skill and his KD is trash. If he comes for revenge I'm abusing passive mode and choose the easy way out if necessary to preserve my precious KD.

tsto
33 minutes ago, Der Norden said:

I ride over the first noob I see with my horse, back and forth slowly until he dies. Then I write him a message saying he has no skill and his KD is trash. If he comes for revenge I'm abusing passive mode and choose the easy way out if necessary to preserve my precious KD.

I LOL'd hard.

Ugh, really hoping they get rid of the passive and EWO crap.

How about lassoing the poor bastard? If they allow that in online this time.

ALifeOfMisery

Find the most remote location it is possible to set up camp, then hopefully I'll be able to hunt and fish.

Rashkovskys Shiv

Grief players, hopefully continue where gta online left off. 

Pressure Drop

The main thing I will be doing is just exploring the map hopefully with some of the old crewmates I used to play GTA with. Finding and exploring new places is one of the best things for me, and letting the map sink into memory. I may have done some exploring already in single player, but nothing can beat roaming around with friends, where you can always be sure to find something you never noticed before.

I am craving some similar things to what GTA5 had, such as the creator mode, editor mode, director mode, etc... but hopefully vastly improved, and this time, if we could PLEASE PLEASE have a contact mission creator, which we know exists in the files already for GTA, we have seen the screenshots, if that is included with the game, I think I will pass out with excitement.

I also really want to play Poker and Liar's Dice against other people online, and looking forward to playing any other minigame they may add. Chess and Backgammon would be good to put in! And Fishing will be something I do as soon as possible too, hopefully there will be some sort of fishing tournament event in online, it would be funny to see everyone racing around the map trying to catch the biggest fish, for example!

Edited by Pressure Drop
additional thoughts

N7Operative84

Play some missions for money and unlock new stuff. I love co op multiplayer.

Cutty Christmas

Stare at the 7 min loading screen.

Jimmy

Just try and figure what are the extent of character and ride customizations, head out to a nearby bar or find a decent session.