1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

emmanz95

Theories on how the story is going to end.

MARKUS.

Is going to end with the end credits.

Black_Jesus

We've made enough money!!!

-Take2

lupolvinho

Alright, time for more baseless spectulation.
Sadie exacts her revenge, however pays the price and gets crippled in the process, thus ending her angsty days.
Marston and his family get caught.
Dutch runs of to Colombia, probably bringing some of the remaining gang with him.
Whoever doesn't get arrested or shot goes on their separate ways, like Bill and Javier in RDR.
Big, bad "you will die savagely" guy dies savegely. Mr. Ross takes the helm of the cleansing with Mr. Fordham under his wing.
During the final parts of the game, i bet Arthur is going to be forced to hunt down a lot of camp mates that went crazy or power drunk, a'la CJ and Rider's antics.
Arthur gets arrested and sentenced to the rope because no way he's getting a happy ending. But maybe he might pull out a Soapy and get a mate to bail him out at the last second and live the rest of his life with the feds on his tail. Or just get lynched.
Somehting tells me this game just wont end with a "bang" and it will kinda burn out as the gang falls appart. But i'm pretty sure it will end somewhere near the ferry robery, after a series of desperate acts.

JumpingKentFlash

Arthur helping Marston escape seems about right. But iirc Arthur isn’t mentioned in RDR, so I think he dies in the end and we get to play as someone else.

Little Big Man

Arthur Morgan will quietly live out the rest of his life as Martha Organ.

UndeadPotat0

Arthur Morgan and Sadie Adler go rogue from the gang and try to escape Dutch as they can see they're very close to getting captured thanks to Dutch's descent into madness. I think Sadie might die whilst escaping leaving Arthur to continue on his lonesome.

MarlboroMan1995

Will play as jack and track down other members and people familiar with the gang so he can finish writing his book 

Cutter De Blanc

Honestly, I think Arthur will die, and you will play as Dutch at the end

Peckinpah

Not sure where to post this, and I didn't want to create a new thread, being fairly new and all.

But I was just thinking about what could happen in the story when we reach the end and it got me thinking about where the series goes after, meaning, a new game and cast of characters entirely.

This series has legs in it well past the Marston and Van Der Linde storyline. 

Keeping this fairly brief for the moment unless people find it interesting to discuss (maybe it has been discussed elsewhere I did look but couldn't find it, would be grateful to be pointed in the right direction mind you), I'll come back to this with a little more thought.

I'd like to see a game set just as the Civil War is coming to a close, you're a Confederate soldier serving in General Robert E. Lee's Army of Northern Virginia after Lee surrenders to Grant at the Appomattox courthouse, the character we play as whoever he is, is bitter about surrendering so joins up with Confederate guerillas and continues on fighting and robbing trains, like Jesse James and so on and so on. 

Obviously, the idea of robbing trains and what not is a similar motivation to what Arthur and the gang will be doing in RDR2 but I think the story behind it which will obviously be very different is key here.

I feel this is important to put down. No, I'm not a racist, No I do not support segregation and whatever, or the Klan. I felt that was necessary, as in this current political climate it seems you aren't allowed to be interested in anything remotely about the Civil War or the Confederacy but you are labelled something that is fairly despicable, I like Civil War History, one of my favourite topics to read about and watch documentaries on. Apologies if it looks like I'm trying to get political, I am absolutely not, actually hoping what I said would deter any such notions. Have I covered all the bases? Haha!

I know RDR2 isn't even out yet and I'm already discussing what would be the third game in the series, but, RDR2 isn't even out yet and all I can think about is the world/universe in which this series is in and I think it's pretty cool to speculate/fantasise about what could be in store for the series. Come on, who wouldn't like a game that centres its story around the Civil War, some weary and beaten, haggard angry Confederate Soldier looking to get payback on the carpetbaggers, and bankers, and so on, Christ, he could even be a conflicted anti-hero, fought for the cause but disapproved of slavery, like Old General Lee. Surely I ain't the only one? Man, I'd love an FPS Civil War game.

UndeadPotat0

3 hours ago, Peckinpah said:

Not sure where to post this, and I didn't want to create a new thread, being fairly new and all.

But I was just thinking about what could happen in the story when we reach the end and it got me thinking about where the series goes after, meaning, a new game and cast of characters entirely.

This series has legs in it well past the Marston and Van Der Linde storyline. 

Keeping this fairly brief for the moment unless people find it interesting to discuss (maybe it has been discussed elsewhere I did look but couldn't find it, would be grateful to be pointed in the right direction mind you), I'll come back to this with a little more thought.

I'd like to see a game set just as the Civil War is coming to a close, you're a Confederate soldier serving in General Robert E. Lee's Army of Northern Virginia after Lee surrenders to Grant at the Appomattox courthouse, the character we play as whoever he is, is bitter about surrendering so joins up with Confederate guerillas and continues on fighting and robbing trains, like Jesse James and so on and so on. 

Obviously, the idea of robbing trains and what not is a similar motivation to what Arthur and the gang will be doing in RDR2 but I think the story behind it which will obviously be very different is key here.

I feel this is important to put down. No, I'm not a racist, No I do not support segregation and whatever, or the Klan. I felt that was necessary, as in this current political climate it seems you aren't allowed to be interested in anything remotely about the Civil War or the Confederacy but you are labelled something that is fairly despicable, I like Civil War History, one of my favourite topics to read about and watch documentaries on. Apologies if it looks like I'm trying to get political, I am absolutely not, actually hoping what I said would deter any such notions. Have I covered all the bases? Haha!

I know RDR2 isn't even out yet and I'm already discussing what would be the third game in the series, but, RDR2 isn't even out yet and all I can think about is the world/universe in which this series is in and I think it's pretty cool to speculate/fantasise about what could be in store for the series. Come on, who wouldn't like a game that centres its story around the Civil War, some weary and beaten, haggard angry Confederate Soldier looking to get payback on the carpetbaggers, and bankers, and so on, Christ, he could even be a conflicted anti-hero, fought for the cause but disapproved of slavery, like Old General Lee. Surely I ain't the only one? Man, I'd love an FPS Civil War game.

"Fought for the cause but disapproved of slavery"

Slavery was the cause. Though I do understand some southern people where conscripted so you could play that angle and he could desert and it could then show the racism on both the confederation and northern states sides and the characters disillusionment in fighting for freedom for everyone and being the only one fighting for actual equality similar to Newton Knight in the movie free state of Jones.

P.s general Lee wasn't for slavery "sometimes" calling it a moral and political evil but defended it and was racist

Edited by UndeadPotat0

wagszilla

Arthur is going to kill John and it will be revealed that during RDR, it was just Arthur wearing John's face the whole time.

The Algerian
On 8/17/2018 at 12:34 PM, The FoolYT said:

My theory is that it ends with maybe Arthur splitting up from Dutch's Gang with his own little group of followers.

Basically my guess is Dutch gets increasingly mad throughout the story. He starts off as a person who cares for his gang and is funny. Then he realises slowly throughout the story that his gang isn't making too much of a difference and does more reckless things which lead to innocents getting hurt. Arthur disagrees along with some of the Dutch gang so they split.

Pretty much the same for me up until this point.

After that I just think the gang's going to disband and everybody except the known survivors from RDR1 is going to die at the hands of the law, with John only left for dead.

Edited by The Algerian

Evilbagelninja

I definitely think that Arthur will survive because rockstar games doesn't like to do the same thing twice plus they love surprising gamers not to mention we are getting dlc and expansion for the story mode of RDR 2 so that means there will be more story more Arthur Morgan because they game can't end with John cause the game ends near the beginning of RDR 1.

UndeadPotat0
On 9/17/2018 at 5:17 PM, UndeadPotat0 said:

Arthur Morgan and Sadie Adler go rogue from the gang and try to escape Dutch as they can see they're very close to getting captured thanks to Dutch's descent into madness. I think Sadie might die whilst escaping leaving Arthur to continue on his lonesome.

I was half right. 

Darealbandicoot
On 10/1/2018 at 12:17 PM, Evilbagelninja said:

I definitely think that Arthur will survive because rockstar games doesn't like to do the same thing twice plus they love surprising gamers not to mention we are getting dlc and expansion for the story mode of RDR 2 so that means there will be more story more Arthur Morgan because they game can't end with John cause the game ends near the beginning of RDR 1.

Well..... The exact opposite happened lol. Story Mode support ended, Arthur dies and we play as John. 

RedDeadJohn
On 9/19/2018 at 10:21 PM, wagszilla said:

Arthur is going to kill John and it will be revealed that during RDR, it was just Arthur wearing John's face the whole time.

honestly i thought that there would be something like Arthur or John dies and one of the them takes other identity or they both trick everyone with changing their identities between them. I remember when my Arthur suddenly got a long hair after one of the missions he looked a lot like John. In the last epilogue mission John face looks a lot like Arthur. When i first played i totally forgot about Saide being saved and didn't really notice her in the first camp and when they go to the second camp and ride to Rhodes i was like who is that woman ? When i was playing in St Denis and just before Arthur losing consciousness my mother tell to me why he has that red eyes just before the diagnosis. I thought he got some disease from the trip on Guarma. I didn't like the good ending on the hill i thought i got bad ending but decide to read about second choice to go back for money and sadly it don't change much.

MostWantedMVP
On 8/18/2018 at 3:06 PM, AdlersHand said:

Arthur helps John leave the gang.

Game ends with Arthur watching John, Abigail and Jack riding over the horizon before cutting back to gameplay with Arthur on his horse.

Oh how we wish this happened.