AxA

RDR2 PC Discussion

Ash_735
3 hours ago, MostWantedMVP said:

Would love to see a classic RDR MP mod.

Take-Two presents

FsD91e0.png

Slappy212

It's like we have little Tim Sweeney bots in this thread. If MS and Ubisoft didn't go exclusive with Epic, neither is Rockstar. 

Xerukal
Posted (edited)

Nothing new. Division 2 skipped Steam as well. This will be the norm for all future Ubisoft titles. 

I'll just buy stuff like AC from UPlay directly. They offer discounts via UPlay points anyway, and the regular prices are basically the same as Steam in the EU. 

Although I don't understand why they don't put their games on Steam anyway, since they aren't truly exclusive to Epic if you can just buy them from UPlay? Something, something revenue...

Edited by Xerukal

Pentraksil
50 minutes ago, Xerukal said:

Nothing new. Division 2 skipped Steam as well. This will be the norm for all future Ubisoft titles. 

I'll just buy stuff like AC from UPlay directly. They offer discounts via UPlay points anyway, and the regular prices are basically the same as Steam in the EU. 

Although I don't understand why they don't put their games on Steam anyway, since they aren't truly exclusive to Epic if you can just buy them from UPlay? Something, something revenue...

Revenue ofc :D Ubi played it really smart here...They probably got the money from Epic, knowing that people really hate it and would skip it for Uplay......An Uplay takes 100% of the revenue :D Classic switcheroo

fdiuhywsu
Posted (edited)

Yeah what ubisoft is doing is definitely smart, they are using the EGS exclusivity to push people to buy directly on Uplay, but in a safe way, because they have Epic's money to cover for lost sales by not releasing also on Steam.

19 hours ago, TagoKG said:

" while it’s rare that we’ll do exclusives for any period of time, we will continue to support Steam with our titles, with catalog. And these titles will be going to steam relatively quickly after their initial availability exclusively on the Epic Games Store."

If he isn't lying about this part then it's not that big of a problem for me, because I'm ok with waiting.

Edited by fdiuhywsu

diegocoquiii

Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey is going to be exclusive of epic.... I don't know what it means "will be rare"

Pentraksil
31 minutes ago, diegocoquiii said:

Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey is going to be exclusive of epic.... I don't know what it means "will be rare"

He is talking about their own games (Take Two), not about Epic in general.

Whatever he says, I am not trusting him one bit.

Fetooh
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Pentraksil said:

Revenue ofc :D Ubi played it really smart here...They probably got the money from Epic, knowing that people really hate it and would skip it for Uplay......An Uplay takes 100% of the revenue :D Classic switcheroo

Then R* will do the same thing 

Replace Ubi with T2/R*

Uplay with R* warehouse 😉

Edited by Fetooh

George Costanza
20 hours ago, Pentraksil said:

The main question is, how much money would they have to offer to R* (Take Two primarily ofc) for that exclusivity? I can't even imagine the amount of money Epic needs to give for a behemoth that is RDR2. This is not barely-AAA Borderlands or an indie game no. 56, not even close. I don't think they can risk such a huge investement and get questionable returns....By the time they do get some money out of it, the game will go out of Exclusivity and onto Steam...It is possible, I fear it too....but I am personaly not that sure it will become a reality.

it will be enough for higher ups in company. and not to mention we dont know how is the ratio of rgsc to steam sales of GTAV, so maybe it's win win for them if they get epic money and get many copies sold on rgsc

Blendi-

MrQuiche
33 minutes ago, Blendi- said:

Everything he said is common sense, i mean why would they refuse Epic's money when they can take the deal and at the same time release it on Social Club like Ubisoft did.

Everyone knew that it will come a day or another on PC.

Pentraksil
1 hour ago, Fetooh said:

Then R* will do the same thing 

Replace Ubi with T2/R*

Uplay with R* warehouse 😉

Yeah, but the amount of money Epic needs to cash out compared to Division 2 is probably huge. That is why I am kinda doubting this Epic deal. Not sure if Epic themselves can risk such a huge investement with not that many returns. It is possible, not saying it will never happen...I am just not that sure. We shall see.

1 hour ago, George Costanza said:

it will be enough for higher ups in company. and not to mention we dont know how is the ratio of rgsc to steam sales of GTAV, so maybe it's win win for them if they get epic money and get many copies sold on rgsc

Higher ups will receive their money through Epic "bribe" or through Steam sales. It just depends on which one is more worth it. GTA playerbase on Steam is enormous. It did not move from Top Sales list since it's release. Again, we shall see.

diegocoquiii
3 hours ago, Pentraksil said:

I know he said it, but I was under the impression that Ancestors game was a different publisher, not Take Two. My mistake.

me too. I discovered it when I read the words "will be rare" when we have 2 importants games on Epic... I'm scared see rdr2 on epic because in argentina is more expensive than in steam, almost 50% more...

Pentraksil
6 hours ago, diegocoquiii said:

me too. I discovered it when I read the words "will be rare" when we have 2 importants games on Epic... I'm scared see rdr2 on epic because in argentina is more expensive than in steam, almost 50% more...

I hope so too even though I would probably buy it on R* warehouse if that is the case. What about Warehouse in Argentina? If this is an Epic exclusive there will also be a Warehouse option, no way is it going to be only on Epic.

Blendi-

People are gonna lose their sh*t. Also f*ck Epic Games.

Max96

If RDR2 comes for PC and ain't going be in Steam, I'd rather buy it from R* Warehouse

kabbee

If the pc version it exclusive to epic and not steam then i guess this article from a couple of months ago is just bullsh*t https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-02-06-take-two-ceo-on-epic-store-competition-is-a-good-thing I have no intention on buying the game on epic nor rockstar warehouse, neither of the are a good service that can be compared to steam. 

Derik25/02

I'm the only one else who feels that Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Version will be announced at this E3, especially at the Microsoft conference? If we remember well at the beginning of the year MS said that in E3 2019 will bring many new gaming features to PC.

Mas u Sees
Posted (edited)

I personally think a Release scheduled for the end of the holiday period, along with the Rockstar Editor(with more enhanced features) is very likely.

Though it remains to be seen whether R* can finish it up in that time.

I feel like Rockstar Games is taking the PC Version of RDR2 very very seriously, so they are probably very hard at work on it.

As for Epic Store exclusivity, I believe it is going to be temporary.

Just a hunch.

Edited by Mas u Sees

Choteron
Posted (edited)

I think that there is no doubt that Epic will offer an insane amount of money to Take Two because they know that is the ideal game to attract customers to their store.

The only thing we are not sure is if Take Two will accept. Hope not, but this company is very greedy, so i will not be surprised if they make the deal.

Edited by Choteron

RedIndianRobin

PC gaming is going into shambles thanks to Epic. It has broken the market like The Last Jedi did to SW fans. Saddens me because we have come a long way and Steam is the turning point for no-piracy on PC. And now we are back to square one.  

Blendi-
5 hours ago, RedIndianRobin said:

PC gaming is going into shambles thanks to Epic. It has broken the market like The Last Jedi did to SW fans. Saddens me because we have come a long way and Steam is the turning point for no-piracy on PC. And now we are back to square one.  

I agree.

Xerukal

I disagree. Epic's going to have to work a lot harder if they want to undo years upon years of progress. What they're pulling right now is really annoying and concerning, but it is not the end. They're making tons of mistakes and people are judging them pretty hard. Soon enough they'll learn that throwing Fortnite money around like it's toilet paper isn't enough to win consumer trust. Then maybe they can finally start competing properly, by getting their storefront's sh*t together and maybe finally resurrecting all of their dead IPs. 

In a perfect world. 

Jason

I'd forgive Epic for their mistakes if they weren't contradicting them selves at every opportunity. What they're doing right now is exactly what they heavily criticised Microsoft for musing about doing a few years ago. Then you have all the contradictions they've done in just the span of 8-10 months or so with the store, with Sweeney's comments about not doing X again despite having already done it before he made that statement. You've also got their head of marketing (or something like that) who ran SteamSpy for years while working for Epic and who continues to be vocal on Twitter with some very uhhhhhhhh opinions about consumers.

Also I aint forgetting that they have raised prices for PC titles significantly in the UK.

Ash_735

In the meantime, enjoy EPIC throwing their money around bringing previously Console Only games to PC, since they'll be on Steam in the year too, meaning these games now have an extra avenue of preservation and of course can shine with the right hardware.

Xerukal

Yeah that's one of the few good things to come out of this whole sh*tshow. When you're throwing that much money around at such a frantic pace, you're bound to hit at least some good notes. 

Hayden_
Posted (edited)

If it doesn't come to Steam straight away, I'm probably going to pirate it (sue me). Following this, I will buy it at full price if it comes out on Steam after the whole epic 6 month / 1 year exlusivity deal.

Edited by Hayden_