3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

AxA

RDR2 PC Discussion

Asisvénia

Even though we didn't get anything on the 22th April but If June/July release date is true then we may see an announcement in the coming weeks.

RedIndianRobin
5 hours ago, Asisvénia said:

but If June/July release date is true then we may see an announcement in the coming weeks.

No. 

Choteron

For me a June/July release make no sense. Rockstar like to announce their games several months (in some cases year/s) before release.

Xerukal

We're about to hit May and they still haven't even released the f*cking soundtrack anywhere. Despite hyping it up like months ago. 

This company is in shambles. Rich shambles, but shambles nonetheless. 

fdiuhywsu
39 minutes ago, Choteron said:

For me a June/July release make no sense. Rockstar like to announce their games several months (in some cases year/s) before release.

Yeah at this point the june-july release ship has probably sailed, I'm personally still in the summer announcement fall release team.

Blendi-
2 hours ago, Xerukal said:

We're about to hit May and they still haven't even released the f*cking soundtrack anywhere. Despite hyping it up like months ago. 

Facts, I guess Take Two is making R* to try and milk online as much as they can for now after that they can focus on a PC release, those greddy Take Two f*ckers are making R* look bad with this kind of sh*t they're doing and that's a fact. They can easily make SP DLC and make a lot of money but these guys stupid as hell, they can actually make a lot of SP DLC, some events before Blackwater for example then what happend at Blackwater etc. If the next title will take this long to get on PC or atleast get some news I;m easily putting R* next to EA without a doubt.

stratto
14 minutes ago, Blendi- said:

Facts, I guess Take Two is making R* to try and milk online as much as they can for now after that they can focus on a PC release, those greddy Take Two f*ckers are making R* look bad with this kind of sh*t they're doing and that's a fact. They can easily make SP DLC and make a lot of money but these guys stupid as hell, they can actually make a lot of SP DLC, some events before Blackwater for example then what happend at Blackwater etc. If the next title will take this long to get on PC or atleast get some news I;m easily putting R* next to EA without a doubt.

ofc it will xD

Asisvénia
36 minutes ago, Blendi- said:

I don't care much about how much their title take long to get on PC but their behavior against PC gamers just bothers me pretty much. They're treating PC gamers just like the ghosts, nonexistent presence. At least, they should tell us that in the future the title will be in PCs or not but no, they're behaving like PCs never existed.

They're much more greedy than EA, Activision or Ubisoft. Their titles available first day on PC.

Pentraksil
4 hours ago, Blendi- said:

Take Two insists on it, probably, but R* is still doing it....Yes, Take Two is their boss but IMO they are not really making them do anything without R* agreeing to an extent. R* is huge for Take Two and they have at least some say in all of this. Look at other Take Two games, rarely any of them is delayed in such a way or milked like this (there are cases of course, but nothing like this). They are huge titles as GTA and RDR of course, but still.....Both have had a terrible reputation when it comes to consumers (and empoyees). Whatever the realtionship is, what they are doing is really shi**y....I hope for a June/July release, but I really doubt it now. September seems more likely if they announce it during summer.

RedIndianRobin
19 hours ago, Xerukal said:

Couldn't have better said it myself. Like I said in a previous post, it's about time people stop treating them as developer Gods. 

Choteron
3 hours ago, RedIndianRobin said:

Couldn't have better said it myself. Like I said in a previous post, it's about time people stop treating them as developer Gods. 

Rockstar makes great games but treats PC players like crap. Luckly we have CDRP, the true developer gods.

Jason

CDPR are anything but gods. They have a litany of issues them selves but they hide it behind their pro-consumer approach. I imagine that they'll get picked on a bit when Cyberpunk comes around, though they aren't as juicy a target as Rockstar.

Spider-Vice

You would be 50 years older mentally if you worked at CDPR. They make good games but their working conditions are far worse than R*'s were years ago and no one really cares because Poland doesn't really have that great of work laws.

MrQuiche
18 minutes ago, Choteron said:

Rockstar makes great games but treats PC players like crap. Luckly we have CDRP, the true developer gods.

You're contradicting yourself, there's the development and the business practice.

You can't mixed both of them, their games are well made and not that buggy at release, they don't harm the experience and yes the PC versions takes time to launch but they're well optimized, you've got what you're paying for.

If i were to say R* are still the gods amongst developers but they really need to rework their marketing and communications with the outside world.

Xerukal
6 hours ago, Jason said:

CDPR are anything but gods. They have a litany of issues them selves but they hide it behind their pro-consumer approach. I imagine that they'll get picked on a bit when Cyberpunk comes around, though they aren't as juicy a target as Rockstar.

Pro-consumer is still pro-consumer, even if they're obviously playing it up because they know about all the goodwill they're getting. 

Real shame about the working conditions, though. It seems like those are at an all-time low these days. Or they have been for a while, and it's just now being brought into public knowledge. Dunno which is worse.

Jason
2 minutes ago, Xerukal said:

Pro-consumer is still pro-consumer, even if they're obviously playing it up because they know about all the goodwill they're getting. 

Pro-consumer is great, lord knows we don't have enough of it in the games industry at the moment but uhhh... Like, if all you care about is the game and nothing else that's cool, if you just care about what you spend your 60 dollars on being good then that's perfectly reasonable.

But, it irks me when I see people get involved in the politics of it (for lack of a better word) and say stuff like "thank god we have CDPR, they treat customers right!" cause while that's true, they treat their staff really poorly. I feel like if you care about a developer treating customers right, if you lap it up, wax lyrical about it, then you also should really be caring about how they treat the people who make the games.  There are studios out there that treat their customers right AND their developers right, such as Insomniac, so if you wanna wax lyrical about a studio wax lyrical about them because CDPR don't deserve it.

13 minutes ago, Xerukal said:

Real shame about the working conditions, though. It seems like those are at an all-time low these days. Or they have been for a while, and it's just now being brought into public knowledge. Dunno which is worse.

Long working hours, or crunch times, in the video game industry have been around forever pretty much. It's never been a secret, it's just been sorta... known and then quickly brushed under the rug anytime it comes up. It's only somewhat recently that the press have been more vocal about it and that gamers themselves have took notice of it and started to care about it as well. I wouldn't say it's at an all time low though, there's a lot of studios that are good for work hours. It may surprise you but from what I hear EA are actually one of the best big studios when it comes to work hours, despite being dreadful when it comes to treating consumers.

Also if you want more fuel for the "f*ck Epic" fire then it came out very recently that the crunch times over there are nothing short of torture, talk of 60-100 hour work weeks allover the place to keep the Fortnite engine going. So much for Tim Sweeney being pro-developer, yet another lie out of that twats arse of a mouth.

Slappy212

All I know is Rockstar's track record on PC is utter sh*t compared to CD Projekt's. And they're far less consumer friendly. So is their DLC.

RedIndianRobin
2 hours ago, Slappy212 said:

All I know is Rockstar's track record on PC is utter sh*t compared to CD Projekt's. And they're far less consumer friendly. So is their DLC.

The difference between CDPR and R* is that one of them actually listens to the community and has good communication with the consumers. I honestly don't care about their work place ethics, like I don't care about crazy work hours in R*. 

Fetooh
6 hours ago, RedIndianRobin said:

The difference between CDPR and R* is that one of them actually listens to the community and has good communication with the consumers. 

Exactly, The witcher 3 sold on PC even better than Consoles, the question is why? Because CDPR know how to treat their community , no DRM for PC......

RedIndianRobin
2 hours ago, Fetooh said:

Exactly, The witcher 3 sold on PC even better than Consoles, the question is why? Because CDPR know how to treat their community , no DRM for PC......

Actually most games these days sells marginally better on PC than consoles. DMC 5, Sekiro, RE 2, being some examples. I'd put Div 2 there too but we don't have official numbers. 

Jason

PS4 alone outsells PC comfortably when it comes to AAA games. Xbox and PC are about neck and neck (sometimes PC is higher, sometimes Xbox) and combined consoles sales account for 60-70% of copies sold for multiplatform titles from what I know

Witcher 3's sale split was 70/30 in consoles favour in it's first year (2015) and still outsold PC in 2016 but since then PC sales have been higher.

Choteron
Posted (edited)
On 4/25/2019 at 12:52 PM, MrQuiche said:

You're contradicting yourself, there's the development and the business practice.

You can't mixed both of them, their games are well made and not that buggy at release, they don't harm the experience and yes the PC versions takes time to launch but they're well optimized, you've got what you're paying for.

If i were to say R* are still the gods amongst developers but they really need to rework their marketing and communications with the outside world.

I can say the affect the experience because the spoilers. I tried to avoid them for GTA V but even with that i had spoilers

On 4/25/2019 at 12:50 PM, Spider-Vice said:

You would be 50 years older mentally if you worked at CDPR. They make good games but their working conditions are far worse than R*'s were years ago and no one really cares because Poland doesn't really have that great of work laws.

Yes, the crunch sucks and sadly the 90% of AAA treat their developers like crap (look the recent fortnite story) but at least CDPR is one of the few big companies that treat the players (specially pc players) with respect.

PD: Happy birthday, 6 months less of wait

Edited by Choteron

Emmi

I don't know about you all but I feel like this isn't coming to the PC at all. 

Hayden_
3 hours ago, Emmi said:

They would be stupid not to release it on PC. I think a PC release is guranteed because of the money they would make from PC purchases. Remember, GTA 5 was released in Sept 2013 and announced for PC in June 2014. If we were to go from this, we can expect a summer announcement (July), maybe even June.

George Costanza

There is no release pattern in R* nowadays. All u could rely on are fiscal years, and even those aint reliable nowadays.
My bet would be PC version being released around time when RDO comes out of beta, which we can only guess when it will be (and even R* themselves)

Fetooh
4 hours ago, Emmi said:

But the reasons,arguments and sense support there is a PC version for sure.

The only reason that support your opinion is there is no RDR1 on PC, because the code of the game was very difficult to port it on PC(I dont believe this is a good excuse for R*).

Spider-Vice
4 hours ago, Emmi said:

A PC version exists internally though. That's a load of effort and a waste of time and money for nothing.

Fetooh
22 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

A PC version exists internally though. That's a load of effort and a waste of time and money for nothing.

Agreed, RDR2 costed a lot to be made (700m$+) so R* won't say no for extra money especially if the PC build already exist or easy to port.

BlackScout
6 hours ago, Emmi said:

Well, opinions are opinions.

Jason

Emmi:

Numerous pieces of evidence pointing to RDR2 PC "I feel like this isn't coming to the PC at all"

No evidence for Bully 2 being in development at the moment: "Bully 2 is their next game"

:lol: