3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

AxA

RDR2 PC Discussion

MostWantedMVP

Halo MCC announced for Steam. People been waiting since 2007.

I hope we don't have to wait that long for RDR2. 😄

RedIndianRobin
9 minutes ago, MostWantedMVP said:

Nah either it will come out by 2019/2020/2021 or not at all. 

Pentraksil
4 hours ago, Xerukal said:

Again though, this is all assuming there are no delays, unforeseen or otherwise. So you could easily add another 3-6 months to any one of these speculated release windows, which actually has the potential to shove the PC version all the way into early 2021.  

Not counting numerous, completely new IP's that will start bombarding new consoles to boost sales in the first period. It is R*, but there is now way they would want to compete with the IP's that will use these new consoles to the max....Also, we are forgeting Bully 2 and GTA VI that are being prepared for the next gen. And backwards compatibility....There is no way they will wait and squize all this like that.

I mean, they can even do to console gamers what they did to PC gamers with GTA V :D   Make them buy PC version because they cannot wait for the Next Gen remaster and then thye would double dip :D

Fetooh
2 hours ago, MostWantedMVP said:

At least they hear the PC community not like Rockstar, we were asking for RDR1 for years and now RDR2, tbh, at least EA release their games on PC and not making the PC community wonder.

TagoKG
Posted (edited)

wtf boys f*ck sony if true, rip bioshock mgta  and red dead  for pc 

Edited by TagoKG

Ash_735
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, harismaran500 said:

Oh, that old *insert company* wants to buy Take-2 rumour. Remember when it was EA, and Activision, and Microsoft? Also, IF Sony owned it, ironically there would be MORE chance of it appearing on PC as their third party funded titles have become available on PC without issue. sh*t we even have Journey on PC now *stares in EPIC*.

Edited by Ash_735

MostWantedMVP

Even if that happens there is no way Taketwo/Rockstar would abandon PC. Rockstar have supported PC since the first GTA.

diegocoquiii
53 minutes ago, TagoKG said:

wtf boys f*ck sony if true, rip bioshock mgta  and red dead  for pc 

if it's true, they knew it for a long time... and this would be the reason that why we do not have a PC version of rdr2.. come on... 5 months for an announcement when they already have 4k textures...I insist in this point, because there are some many users in this forum saying that the pc version was being developed from the beginning. Then the port should be here right now. I'm starting to believe that we aren't going to play it

Xerukal
Posted (edited)

8VnqQlw.png

It's not happening, and even if it does... pretty much what Ash said. We've had more Sony titles come out on PC in the past 2-3 years than Rockstar has released in over half a decade.

1 hour ago, diegocoquiii said:

if it's true, they knew it for a long time... and this would be the reason that why we do not have a PC version of rdr2.. come on... 5 months for an announcement when they already have 4k textures.

It took GTA V literally 8 months to be announced for PC and next-gen. And that's only since launch. If you count the 2011 reveal trailer, it was basically 4 years of radio silence. 

Edited by Xerukal

Hayden_

The wait of finding out if a PC version will release is so annoying. Rockstar we just want a sign.

MostWantedMVP
59 minutes ago, Hayden_ said:

The wait of finding out if a PC version will release is so annoying. Rockstar we just want a sign.

Now you know how the OG drought survivors feel. Those 2 years were some of the best times and most stressful times on the forums.

I'm sure Rockstar have a roadmap of this year for releases. We haven't even got the artbook yet.

kabbee
37 minutes ago, MostWantedMVP said:

Now you know how the OG drought survivors feel. Those 2 years were some of the best times and most stressful times on the forums.

I'm sure Rockstar have a roadmap of this year for releases. We haven't even got the artbook yet.

Comparing the artbook or even soundtrack to a pc release of the game isnt fair. But im sure as you say that they have some sort of roadmap that doesnt make sense. 

Ash_735
Just now, kabbee said:

Comparing the artbook or even soundtrack to a pc release of the game isnt fair. But im sure as you say that they have some sort of roadmap that doesnt make sense. 

I mean, the artbook and soundtrack is the kind of sh*t other companies release pretty damn quickly after a game comes out, in all honesty Rockstar seem to be THE only ones who do f*cking months of hype for a damn CD, let alone an artbook, it's insane how ego centric they are that it's got to parody levels.

harismaran500
3 hours ago, Xerukal said:

It took GTA V literally 8 months to be announced for PC and next-gen. And that's only since launch. If you count the 2011 reveal trailer, it was basically 4 years of radio silence. 

Yea, but they played it safe by saying that the PC version was a day 1 build.

diegocoquiii
6 hours ago, Xerukal said:

8VnqQlw.png

It's not happening, and even if it does... pretty much what Ash said. We've had more Sony titles come out on PC in the past 2-3 years than Rockstar has released in over half a decade.

8 months making 3 versions but now "they are working" only on pc version... 

RedIndianRobin

I wonder who calls the shots to evidently delay the PC version. Strauss Zelnick or Sam/Dan? 

Xerukal
5 hours ago, diegocoquiii said:

8 months making 3 versions but now "they are working" only on pc version... 

The NG and PC versions of GTA V were in development for much longer than that. 8 months since PS3/360 launch was the amount of time it took for them to announce their existence publicly. RDR2 PC has probably existed for years, in some form or another. 

And yeah, it's actually kind of hilarious how long it's taking them to release a simple soundtrack. Not only that, but they're really trying to hype it up as this big event when we all just want the f*cking thing to show up on Spotify, like every other OST. 

Fetooh
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Hayden_ said:

If they only confirmed it , i don't care about release date(even if it is important).

Now i am starting to doubt if the PC version exist even if that doesn't make any sense, and we've already talked about that.

The only thing that make RDR 2 not coming to pc is the console companies are paying to make the red dead series exclusive to consoles. It seems unlikely imo.

Edited by Fetooh

fdiuhywsu

Knowing Rockstar it's way too early to already start getting impatient, right now my money is on a fall 2019 release, meaning the announcement could still be months away.

Jimbatron
1 hour ago, Fetooh said:

If they only confirmed it , i don't care about release date(even if it is important).

Now i am starting to doubt if the PC version exist even if that doesn't make any sense, and we've already talked about that.

The only thing that make RDR 2 not coming to pc is the console companies are paying to make the red dead series exclusive to consoles. It seems unlikely imo.

I’m certain there is one. RDR 1 was the exception not the rule in that it didn’t come to PC, I understand because of technical challenges and because it wasn’t deemed to be likely to be the hit it turned out to be.

Since then they’ve clearly got better at doing stuff cross platform. I love GTA IV but you needed a super computer to max it out. GTA V was much better optimised. The cost of expanding to PC must be a tiny fraction of the overall game development.

Im actually more interested to know whether the PC will get a RDR 1 remasterd. I had it on the PS3 but recently upgraded to an Xbox One X. Thinking about getting the oringinal to revisit it but might not bother if it comes to PC. Decisions, decisions. Do I buy it now or hold out and hope?

Darealbandicoot
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Fetooh said:

Lol no. Saying console companies are jointly paying to make sure the game DOESN'T come to PC is crazy talk. 

It's coming to PC. It's not a question of if, it's a question of WHEN. 

Like I said before, Rockstar want to squeeze every penny out of consoles first before enticing people to double /triple dip. 

Edited by Darealbandicoot

Ash_735
3 hours ago, Fetooh said:

This attitude needs to die, console makers don't care about games on PC, when they bag exclusives it's to stop it appearing on on rival consoles. That's it.

It should be bloody obvious this generation by how Sony and Microsoft funded titles have appeared on pc, in fact this generation both Sony and Microsoft have contributed to more pc released games than Rockstar have! 

Xerukal
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jimbatron said:

Im actually more interested to know whether the PC will get a RDR 1 remasterd. I had it on the PS3 but recently upgraded to an Xbox One X. Thinking about getting the oringinal to revisit it but might not bother if it comes to PC. Decisions, decisions. Do I buy it now or hold out and hope?

You should totally give it a try on Xbox One X, I'm sure you can find the game for cheap these days. I've heard the enhancements on XB1 were quite good, all things considered.

Just last year I had the pleasure of playing through RDR1 two times on both the 360 and PS Now streaming service. Definitely preferred the former, but PS Now also worked surprisingly well compared to what I was expecting (it was also compatible with NVIDIA Shadowplay, funnily enough). 

It would be a dream come true if they could somehow pull off a RDR1 remaster or complete remake in RDR2's engine. Hard to tell what Rockstar is up to these days, though..

Edited by Xerukal

Jimbatron
11 minutes ago, Xerukal said:

You should totally give it a try on Xbox One X, I'm sure you can find the game for cheap these days. I've heard the enhancements on XB1 were quite good, all things considered.

Just last year I had the pleasure of playing through RDR1 two times on both the 360 and PS Now streaming service. Definitely preferred the former, but PS Now also worked surprisingly well compared to what I was expecting (it was also compatible with NVIDIA Shadowplay, funnily enough). 

It would be a dream come true if they could somehow pull off a RDR1 remaster or complete remake in RDR2's engine. Hard to tell what Rockstar is up to these days, though..

Yeah same here re last paragraph.

Youre right I can prob get the original quite cheap. Need to get the gold rush achievement in RDR 2 first though!

MostWantedMVP

I wonder if the PC version will be announced before RDonline comes out of BETA? Makes sense if they release an "OFFICIAL TRAILER" with "COMING SOON TO PC"

Johnny998

People who think there will be a RDR1 remaster REALLY and I mean REALLY need to wake up.

Xerukal
2 hours ago, Johnny998 said:

People who think there will be a RDR1 remaster REALLY and I mean REALLY need to wake up.

People WANT a RDR1 remaster. They wish for one. Nothing wrong with that. It's not like they're actively expecting one.

Fetooh
3 minutes ago, Xerukal said:

People WANT a RDR1 remaster. They wish for one. Nothing wrong with that. It's not like they're actively expecting one.

How they can port it to xbox one x while they can't for PC or is it by backward compatibility?

Ash_735
48 minutes ago, Fetooh said:

How they can port it to xbox one x while they can't for PC or is it by backward compatibility?

It's by emulation, which is then X1 Patched (done by Microsoft, NOT Rockstar) to run at 4k resolution, 16xAF, as well as the default 2xMSAA on top providing a very clear image, and if you play at 1080p, that 4k render is then downscaled to 1080p providing even more AA.