4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

AxA

RDR2 PC Discussion

Fun 2
Posted (edited)

From the companion app and how R* handle RDO, from taking GTAO features such as Daily Objectives and implementing them into RDO to UGC content like GTAO but quite different. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that RDR2 is heavily based on GTA V (technical side)

I'm sure RDO tunables has many V leftovers, that's why we are likely to see more GTAO features implemented into RDO.

What I'm trying to say is that the basic features of RDR2 PC are more likely to be done at this point, just take from GTAV and implement into RDR2.

I don't understand why it would take them till next year to release the PC version according to some speculation here ? I personally think R* want to release it with installed on features such as Rockstar Editor, the Director mode and maybe some new content.

Edited by Fun 2

Lazlow007
16 minutes ago, Fun 2 said:

From the companion app and how R* handle RDO, from taking GTAO features such as Daily Objectives and implementing them into RDO to UGC content like GTAO but quite different. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that RDR2 is heavily based on GTA V (technical side)

I'm sure RDO tunables has many V leftovers, that's why we are likely to see more GTAO features implemented into RDO.

What I'm trying to say is that the basic features of RDR2 PC are more likely to be done at this point, just take from GTAV and implement into RDR2.

I don't understand why it would take them till next year to release the PC version according to some speculation here ? I personally think R* want to release it with installed on features such as Rockstar Editor, the Director mode and maybe some new content. 

Maybe with some single player DLC ? I mean they see that Online doesn't do any good for them. Even big websites said that It's REALLY bad. So that probably made some bad taste in the gamers mouth. What I'm trying to say is that Online is bad, and players believe these websites, so they won't play it. And I think R* focuses on plan B, which is a PC port and maybe paid expansion.

MrQuiche
21 minutes ago, Fun 2 said:

From a technical side,they're atleast 50-60% similar but at the end R* is R* so we really don't know what they're thinking before releasing a PC version

Fun 2
Posted (edited)

I bet everything is similar but the assets make it look like it's Red Dead related.

Even though RDR2 is RPF8 version while GTAV is RPF7, I don't think it will be much different .. maybe 20% will be different but the rest will look the same.

Edited by Fun 2

MrQuiche

I don't think everything is similar, i mean they improved the volumetrics effect,skybox rendering and clouds rendering,lightning. I'mp pretty sure that RAGE is now on 4.0 instead of 3.0 for MP3 and GTA V with the improvements they've made. But again that's just my opinion

Uncle Sikee Atric
20 minutes ago, MrQuiche said:

I don't think everything is similar, i mean they improved the volumetrics effect,skybox rendering and clouds rendering,lightning. I'mp pretty sure that RAGE is now on 4.0 instead of 3.0 for MP3 and GTA V with the improvements they've made. But again that's just my opinion

It's only the same as MS Windows upgrading DirectX iterations.  The core base code doesn't really change due to the need for backwards compatibility and totally ripping it apart to start again is not the most cost effective way of doing it.

You add to the base code and make things work better, but the base is still there.

MrQuiche

What i'm saying is that there was big improvements and that they upgraded the engine quite a bit but at the end it's the same base core you just put on top of it like you would for a mansion,like you build the house and then you add things inside

harismaran500

Based on the companion app findings, can we say that the graphics settings can be changed via the companion app itself?

MostWantedMVP

Would love and in game video editor in red dead. Wish we had one back in the day with RDR1. Hopefully we will get one with PC version "Red Dead Editor" or something like that.

MrQuiche
21 minutes ago, harismaran500 said:

Based on the companion app findings, can we say that the graphics settings can be changed via the companion app itself?

That's not a bad point you got there mate

kabbee

I hope they have graphic option like the latest Assassins creed were you can see how the changes will look.

Hayden_
23 minutes ago, kabbee said:

I hope they have graphic option like the latest Assassins creed were you can see how the changes will look.

Recon Wildlands also has that.

MostWantedMVP
Posted (edited)

I know why the PC version is taking this long, because they have to print out exactly 27 DVD discs for the physical release.

Edited by MostWantedMVP

Hayden_
3 minutes ago, MostWantedMVP said:

I know why the PC version is taking this long, because they have to print out exactly 27 DVD discs for the physical release.

I bet we can expect Red Dead Redemption 2 to be over 100GB.

Emmi

I know why the PC version is yet to be announced ... because they want to squeeze every bit of money out of the console versions! I rather want them just announce their next game than having to look at RDR2 PC newswire articles for the next 12 months or so.

MostWantedMVP

Wait until release, don't see the point of preordering on PC lol.

fdiuhywsu
8 minutes ago, Hayden_ said:

Interested into what people would do if it was announced today: https://www.strawpoll.me/17582018

I would wait until release to see if there are serious bugs and/or performance issues before buying, if it's not released in 2019 I would just wait for a decent discount though.

MrQuiche

GTA V on PC is 7 disc which i assume are two layers like this a single DISC can store up to 8.5 GB,take that and multiply it by 7(number of discs for GTAV) and you get 59.5GB compressed which may go up to 70GB uncompressed. RDR2 is already 107GB on XONE,we can safely assume that it would be atleast 107GB or even more on PC. So you take 8.5GB x 13(number of discs) and you obtain 110.5GB,if the game is even beefier than that i may need to buy a new desk to put the box on it🤣

Hayden_
Posted (edited)

https://twitter.com/yan2295?lang=en

Shame Yan doesn't leak anymore. He has said before that it will be release in Summer 2019 I believe. But obviously that's not 100% accurate.

Edited by Hayden_

MostWantedMVP
4 hours ago, Hayden_ said:

I bet we can expect Red Dead Redemption 2 to be over 100GB.

On PC 100%, probably like 140GB

DEADWOODZ
Posted (edited)

More than likely I mean look at the file size of GTA V at its current state. Looks like I’ll be looking into buying another SSD!

Edited by DEADWOODZ

Johnny998

Hey let's start a lottery. Everyone will bet on a number which will represent the number of the last page in this thread when the announcement drops.

Uncle Sikee Atric
18 minutes ago, Johnny998 said:

Hey let's start a lottery. Everyone will bet on a number which will represent the number of the last page in this thread when the announcement drops.

Let's not....  Games are not allowed without permission and this thread is for discussion, not games..

Johnny998
15 minutes ago, Uncle Sikee Atric said:

Let's not....  Games are not allowed without permission and this thread is for discussion, not games..

Uh, alright. Then keep on talking (or should I say repeating?) the same thing over and over until infinity.

Hayden_
Posted (edited)

36 minutes ago, Johnny998 said:

Uh, alright. Then keep on talking (or should I say repeating?) the same thing over and over until infinity.

To be fair, there is limited information anyway so that's all we can really do. Everything on here is just speculation.

As soon as the game goes on pre-order on Steam (hopefully), I will buy that straight away.

Edited by Hayden_

Johnny998
27 minutes ago, Hayden_ said:

To be fair, there is limited information anyway so that's all we can really do. Everything on here is just speculation.

As soon as the game goes on pre-order on Steam (hopefully), I will buy that straight away.

I'd bet on 74. My recommendation: go play games until some "new news" drop, if you want to pass time.

Mexicola9302

Anybody knows how to create a google alert or something? I just want the release confirmation and the date, as soon as possible and don't want to think about it anymore.

It's annoying to google it every week or so.

Hayden_
4 minutes ago, Mexicola9302 said:

Anybody knows how to create a google alert or something? I just want the release confirmation and the date, as soon as possible and don't want to think about it anymore.

It's annoying to google it every week or so.

Subscribe to the Rockstar Games YouTube channel with notifications on. I'm sure as soon as they announce the PC version, they will release a trailer to their YouTube channel.

Johnny998

I'm curious, was there any "information" about a PC version of RDR1 back when it released? Or none at all?