4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

AxA

RDR2 PC Discussion

IG_
10 minutes ago, kabbee said:

Say that Rockstar announces a release date for the PC this summer what are the chances of them delaying the game? It wouldn't be the first time its happened. 

Much less likely that the PC version of the game would be delayed if it was announced because the game itself is complete so they have a much more clear road-map of what is to come in terms of getting the game read for its PC launch.

WITH THAT BEING SAID... GTA V for PC was delayed three times, from Fall 2014 to January 2015 to March 2015 to finally April 2015.
But the difference then was Rockstar was also porting the game to PS4 and XB1, so it's likely they mismanaged their resources a bit and had to give more development time to the PS4/XB1 versions so the game could be ready for Fall 2014 at the expense of the PC version.

With RDR2 PC, there are less reasons for the game to be delayed but this is Rockstar Games. Anything can happen when it comes to potential delays. This community was convinced for a number of very good reasons that RDR2 for consoles wasn't going to be delayed from its original Fall 2017 launch schedule. It was delayed., twice.

Edited by IG_

kabbee
14 minutes ago, IG_ said:

Much less likely that the PC version of the game would be delayed if it was announced because the game itself is complete so they have a much more clear road-map of what is to come in terms of getting the game read for its PC launch.

WITH THAT BEING SAID... GTA V for PC was delayed three times, from Fall 2014 to January 2015 to March 2015 to finally April 2015.
But the difference then was Rockstar was also porting the game to PS4 and XB1, so it's likely they mismanaged their resources a bit and had to give more development time to the PS4/XB1 versions so the game could be ready for Fall 2014 at the expense of the PC version.

With RDR2 PC, there are less reasons for the game to be delayed but this is Rockstar Games. Anything can happen when it comes to potential delays. This community was convinced for a number of very good reasons that RDR2 for consoles wasn't going to be delayed from its original Fall 2017 launch schedule. It was delayed., twice.

Yeah, thats true. I also think as you say that the pc version ir ready for release but when Rockstar sets a release date for a game im never confident that they release on that date. 

Pentraksil
1 hour ago, IG_ said:

I don't think that the delays are always because the game is not finished, especially for R* and Take Two. In a lot of cases it is just another marketing tactic, to increase the hype and make people snap, buying it for consoles while they wait for the pc ;) 

Hayden_
1 hour ago, Pentraksil said:

I don't think that the delays are always because the game is not finished, especially for R* and Take Two. In a lot of cases it is just another marketing tactic, to increase the hype and make people snap, buying it for consoles while they wait for the pc ;) 

It's probably a combination of the two. Rockstar do want more money and delaying it intentionally would make that happen as people would buy the game on an older platform and then on PC however, development times can easily change.

Fetooh
2 hours ago, Pentraksil said:

Yup, R* didn't convince me when they said we delayed the PC version to optmise it, it was clearly a marketing tactic since the PC existed from the beginning.

Arthur Bell
3 hours ago, Pentraksil said:

I didn't buy the RDRII delays either. Even though they had general release windows, I knew based on previous patterns it was to build up hype and work on marketing.

kabbee
22 minutes ago, Arthur Bell said:

I didn't buy the RDRII delays either. Even though they had general release windows, I knew based on previous patterns it was to build up hype and work on marketing.

Like they had not already built up enough hype. 

Arthur Bell
1 hour ago, kabbee said:

Like they had not already built up enough hype. 

Yes, but this was also to prepare the marketing team on giving them a bit more time and direction, as well as collect data on the preorders so they could work on analytics later. One or two trailers, mere teasers, give hype, but a longer wait with bigger previews builds it up on their end.

The only thing I can say is, I cannot prove this theory yet, but based on my perception of multiple companies that prepare for a major release, there is a marketing strategy behind it all. In a few years, whenever I begin truly analysing this fascinating topic, I will then have proof of whether or not this theory is true. Don't take my word for it, but it seems likely to me.

Hayden_

It would be great just to have some proper news from Rockstar. I'd love them to just release a PC trailer today but we will probably be waiting a while.

This trailer is awesome.

nik0hue

If there were a release coming in June or July, we should have already heard something, or should be hearing something in the immediate future.

I don't see them releasing it before Late 2019. RDR:O is probably their biggest concern right now.

Edited by nik0hue

diegocoquiii
1 hour ago, Hayden_ said:

It would be great just to have some proper news from Rockstar. I'd love them to just release a PC trailer today but we will probably be waiting a while.

This trailer is awesome.

10 months later we had the release... rockstar hates pc. 3000 employers(i read in a news) working on rdr2 and they can't pay 5 programmers to work on the pc version. There is a possibility that they won't release too

Fetooh
4 minutes ago, diegocoquiii said:

10 months later we had the release... rockstar hates pc. 3000 employers(i read in a news) working on rdr2 and they can't pay 5 programmers to work on the pc version. There is a possibility that they won't release too

I believe the PC build already exist, because xbox one and ps4 have similar architecture, they even said they started with pc build first while making GTA V. Before even the xbox 360 and ps3.

If they didn't release RDR2 for PC its just a financial decision(maybe because of piracy) but thats seems unlikely especially the success of GTA V on PC.

harismaran500
49 minutes ago, nik0hue said:

If there were a release coming in June or July, we should have already heard something, or should be hearing something in the immediate future.

I don't see them releasing it before Late 2019. RDR:O is probably their biggest concern right now.

That wasn't the case for GTA IV and LA Noire..The PC versions of those games were released after a month or two after their announcement date.

Edited by harismaran500
Spelling Error

kabbee
1 hour ago, harismaran500 said:

That wasn't the case for GTA IV and LA Noire..The PC versions of those games were released after a month or two after their announcement date.

Im sure it was more then a month or two, i think it was six or seven months after the release for those two games. So maybe were halfway there, who knows?

BlackScout

There is more than just proof about the existence of the PC Version. You are just wasting time going around in circles at this point.

kabbee

The thing is that the PC version for GTA IV was announced around 3 months later in august and then released in december 2008 and LA Noire was announced a little more then 1 month after the console release in june and then released in November and GTA 5 pc announcement was around 9 months later. So with no new consoles confirmed for 2019 i cant see them waiting too long for a PC announcement for RDR2. 

RedIndianRobin
10 hours ago, kabbee said:

The thing is that the PC version for GTA IV was announced around 3 months later in august and then released in december 2008 and LA Noire was announced a little more then 1 month after the console release in june and then released in November and GTA 5 pc announcement was around 9 months later. So with no new consoles confirmed for 2019 i cant see them waiting too long for a PC announcement for RDR2. 

Can we please stop comparing to the old Rockstar Games' release tactics? They're not the same now. R* games have changed.

There was the pre GTAO era R* and now the post GTAO era, where they only care about money now. Even their release cycle has changed. It's safe to assume that Rockstar will now release a game every 5-7 years and monetise and milk the sh*t out of their online content.

Since RDR 2 was released in 2018, I'd say 2019 will be focused on RD Online content; 2020 for the next gen console versions; and finally Summer 2021 PC version; 2023- Probably Bully 2. I've already predicted this before but I could be absolutely wrong. Let's wait and see.

The earliest I see them releasing RDR 2 for PC would be Fall 2019 or Spring 2020. Again I could be wrong on all of these predictions(and I really hope I am; this is just my 2cents, take it with a grain of salt). 

Fetooh
1 hour ago, RedIndianRobin said:

Can we please stop comparing to the old Rockstar Games' release tactics? They're not the same now. R* games have changed.

There was the pre GTAO era R* and now the post GTAO era, where they only care about money now. Even their release cycle has changed. It's safe to assume that Rockstar will now release a game every 5-7 years and monetise and milk the sh*t out of their online content.

Since RDR 2 was released in 2018, I'd say 2019 will be focused on RD Online content; 2020 for the next gen console versions; and finally Summer 2021 PC version; 2023- Probably Bully 2. I've already predicted this before but I could be absolutely wrong. Let's wait and see.

The earliest I see them releasing RDR 2 for PC would be Fall 2019 or Spring 2020. Again I could be wrong on all of these predictions(and I really hope I am; this is just my 2cents, take it with a grain of salt). 

PC version on 2021?? That's too long , thats mean nearly 3 years after the original release ,that's mean the hype of RDR2 for pc will vanish and sales won't be good, R* never did that before and i don't think this could happen, Fall 2019 or spring 2020 is more probable.

And with RDO ; R* really need the PC platform to boost MTX.

kabbee
18 minutes ago, Fetooh said:

PC version on 2021?? That's too long , thats mean nearly 3 years after the original release ,that's mean the hype of RDR2 for pc will vanish and sales won't be good, R* never did that before and i don't think this could happen, Fall 2019 or spring 2020 is more probable.

And with RDO ; R* really need the PC platform to boost MTX.

I agree with you, they have to release the pc version this year otherwise the hype will be dead and the sooner they release the pc version the sooner they can sell more micro transactions. 

fdiuhywsu

Yeah PC version in 2021 is impossible, not even Rockstar would do something like this. Based on what we know a fall 2019 release seems the most likely.

Anyway it's true that on the topic of the PC release date we are just going around in circles, always repeating more or less the same thing, at this point we just have to wait for the next credible leak (or an actual announcement).

Hayden_
3 hours ago, RedIndianRobin said:

2021 is way too late for a PC release. They would never do that otherwise the sales would be terrible.

Jimbatron
4 hours ago, RedIndianRobin said:

I hear what you’re saying about different eras but no launch is not unique.

Part of the reason for GTA V the PC version took so long was the new gen console versions also impacting the overall schedule. That won’t be in the mix this time.

My money would be on fall 2019 but I think they’ll be able to release as soon as they get RDRO to an acceptable quality. The only thing that might push it further is a major SP expansion - EFLC or Undead Nightmare level stuff.

kabbee
39 minutes ago, Jimbatron said:

I hear what you’re saying about different eras but no launch is not unique.

Part of the reason for GTA V the PC version took so long was the new gen console versions also impacting the overall schedule. That won’t be in the mix this time.

My money would be on fall 2019 but I think they’ll be able to release as soon as they get RDRO to an acceptable quality. The only thing that might push it further is a major SP expansion - EFLC or Undead Nightmare level stuff.

Lets hope they release it soon after online leaves beta.

Choteron

Next week will be 4 months since the release. That means 120 days less of wait 😉

Jason
5 hours ago, Hayden_ said:

https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/2584-buy-key-rockstar-red-dead-redemption-2/

This page exists but is probably just a placeholder as no confirmation.

5 hours ago, Motka said:

Has Instant Gaming ever leaked anything in the past?

Yea that's a placeholder. The only time you should take a store listing for RDR2 PC seriously is if it's on Rockstar's own store pretty much. Gamestop had a pretty major leak around E3 time last year but for every 1 legit store listing leak there's literally a thousand fakes lol

kabbee

Has there been anything on SteamDB that points to RDR2 on PC? 

Hayden_
3 minutes ago, kabbee said:

I've looked myself however, haven't been able to find anything. Grand Theft Auto 5 was under a random codename before its release on steam which dated back to 2013 I believe.

Uncle Sikee Atric
11 minutes ago, kabbee said:

There's new projects in development posted to the SteamDB on a daily basis, generally for testers to get their hands on.  Because things are added so quickly it's dificult to tell what is what, plus Devs hide everything behind codenames and don't allow users to view the file sizes of different apps, without being given the necessary codes to download an app in testing.

GTA V was 'Shetland Pony' on Steam through most of the testing, but no one knew that at the time, even though it was on the SteamDB for a long period, it only became clear after the PC announcements and R* added the 'dev name' to the SteamDB files. There probably is an RDR2 SteamDB build, but without a clue of where to look, no one knows where it is.