2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

AxA

RDR2 PC Discussion

Xerukal

Oh yeah. I'm hoping the Linkedin leak wasn't actually just a typo. 

Ash_735

At least we have confirmation of higher res textures on Xbox One X, wondering if they'll be Max Payne 3 levels of detail (2048x2048 for a bullet), that explains the extra size on that platform which will obviously be used on PC.

VolumeRX
4 hours ago, fdiuhywsu said:

I know who Yan is but I can't find anything about this.

i know it's a concrete risk but I really hope not.

3 hours ago, fdiuhywsu said:

Yes, that and also the linkedin one.

Anyway, I think he is referring to this Yan https://twitter.com/Yan2295 but I didn't find anything about him leaking infos about RDR2 PC.

In an Interview with Broughy1322, and he also told that to me, he was super kind before he retired from leaks (R* asked him to a month ago and he had no problem to stop)

4 hours ago, Uncle Sikee Atric said:

Probably more an announcement for that timeframe.  I'm thinking more 10-12 months before a possible launch.

As for the platform, I'm curious to see if they might consider not using Steam for distribution.

I'm gonna go with what Yan said since It's earlier and I like it hahaha, but also because he's very very reliable!

fdiuhywsu
23 minutes ago, VolumeRX said:

In an Interview with Broughy1322, and he also told that to me, he was super kind before he retired from leaks (R* asked him to a month ago and he had no problem to stop)

Is it this one? Because it is a long video and now I don't have time to listen to all of it.  Anyway that's interesting, that would be even earlier than I thought, but then again GTA V was the outlier, all other Rockstar games usually released on PC 6-7 months after the console versions.

VolumeRX
1 minute ago, fdiuhywsu said:

Is it this one? Because it is a long video and now I don't have time to listen to all of it.  Anyway that's interesting, that would be even earlier than I thought, but then again GTA V was the outlier, all other Rockstar games usually released on PC 6-7 months after the console versions.

Exactly this one!

Uncle Sikee Atric
1 hour ago, VolumeRX said:

I'm gonna go with what Yan said since It's earlier and I like it hahaha, but also because he's very very reliable!

Nothing is reliable....

VolumeRX
6 minutes ago, Uncle Sikee Atric said:

Nothing is reliable....

Well I don't know if you know him mate but he successfully leaked plenty of GTAO DLC's way ahead of time before any word was even mentions about it mate

Edited by VolumeRX

Uncle Sikee Atric
8 minutes ago, VolumeRX said:

Well I don't know if you know him mate but he successfully leaked plenty of GTAO DLC's way ahead of time before any word was even mentions about it mate

We're not even at the console release and the mess the PC section of V ended up as taught me one thing.  "Anyone will say anything to get followers and likes.'

Right now, the time scales are too distant and everyone is working on fragments dredged up and pieced together.  Nothing is going to appear this side of Christmas that will change my mind on that, unless R* / T2 announce something.  So yeah, you follow your nose and optimism, I'll take things a little slower and with a pinch of salt, then the disappointment doesn't overwhelm me when I'm proven wrong.  I'd rather be late with dates, than early with my opinions about a 'possible release' of a PC version.

And since I've never spoken with you before, I'm not your mate.

VolumeRX
3 minutes ago, Uncle Sikee Atric said:

We're not even at the console release and the mess the PC section of V ended up as taught me one thing.  "Anyone will say anything to get followers and likes.'

Right now, the time scales are too distant and everyone is working on fragments dredged up and pieced together.  Nothing is going to appear this side of Christmas that will change my mind on that, unless R* / T2 announce something.  So yeah, you follow your nose and optimism, I'll take things a little slower and with a pinch of salt, then the disappointment doesn't overwhelm me when I'm proven wrong.  I'd rather be late with dates, than early with my opinions about a 'possible release' of a PC version.

Why in the world are you getting offended by me saying mate? there was no bad intention there...

Xerukal

Lists Battle.net and Origin. Surely a mistake? Unless those are just search filters unrelated to the game. I'm not familiar with the layout of this site.

Uncle Sikee Atric
9 minutes ago, R* lover said:

That page lists XBox and PS4 titles as well.

If you type 'red dead' into the search bar, it does bring up a R* listing, not console specific.

Jason

All these sites listing PC versions are loving the clicks you're giving them, almost like they're doing it on purpose and don't actually know if a PC version is coming out. 😉

Uncle Sikee Atric

I was going to add, they're probably working on the same guesses we are.

Xerukal

Only reliable leak we have so far is the Linkedin thing, since it was swiftly removed by the dev upon discovery. That 4chan leaker dude might be for real too. Time will tell.

R* lover
11 minutes ago, Xerukal said:

Lists Battle.net and Origin. Surely a mistake? Unless those are just search filters unrelated to the game. I'm not familiar with the layout of this site.

Those are other game lists specific for those platforms

fdiuhywsu

Everyone knows it's coming, nobody knows when.

Anyway for those interested, the moment yan2295 talks about the PC version in this interview is at 41.55.

Slappy212
5 minutes ago, fdiuhywsu said:

Everyone knows it's coming, nobody knows when.

Anyway for those interested, the moment yan2295 talks about the PC version in this interview is at 41.55.

Sorry if this is recapping for you, but who is this Yan guy? what are his credentials?

VolumeRX
6 minutes ago, Slappy212 said:

Sorry if this is recapping for you, but who is this Yan guy? what are his credentials?

Leaking pretty much every GTAO DLC accurately way before any word was mentioned, gave name, details and all months before

fdiuhywsu
28 minutes ago, Slappy212 said:

To add to what VolumeRX said, he was an established leaker before Rockstar recently asked him to stop, also he doesn't personally work for Rockstar but he knows people who do.

This is his twitter https://twitter.com/yan2295

BadaBing_1996
1 hour ago, Uncle Sikee Atric said:

It's a common way to refer to fellow users on any site, what's your major malfunction?

Edited by BadaBing_1996

Xerukal
4 minutes ago, fdiuhywsu said:

To add to what VolumeRX said, he was an established leaker before Rockstar recently asked him to stop, also he doesn't personally work for Rockstar but he knows people who do.

This is his twitter https://twitter.com/yan2295

The fact that Take-Two personally had to contact him to stop does add even more validity to his leaks. We'll see if that July date is true, though even he didn't put much stock in it (as expected with Rockstar).

fdiuhywsu
31 minutes ago, Xerukal said:

The fact that Take-Two personally had to contact him to stop does add even more validity to his leaks. We'll see if that July date is true, though even he didn't put much stock in it (as expected with Rockstar).

Yes, I have no problem believing a June/July release is what they are/were going for, but Rockstar never manages to keep a single official date, let alone an internal one. So i won't put much faith in it.

Edited by fdiuhywsu

Ash_735
3 hours ago, Xerukal said:

July is in the new fiscal year, as I've been saying, anytime during APRIL, MAY, JUNE, would fall into Q1 of 2019's fiscal year, JULY, AUGUST, SEPTEMBER is Q2 (usually a quiet period), Q3 is normally touted as the high rush for gaming as it covers the end of the year holidays such as Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Christmas and New Year.

FlatFX

It makes sense to bring RDR2 to PC in Summer due to winter business should belong to Borderlands 3

so a RDR 2 on PC during this time wouldn’t be good. Rockstar is not dumb. They learned from GTA that a PC Version can sell million of copies. It’s absolutely no question that it comes to PC and I believe the timeframe would fit. 

I would guess that they are announcing the PC version late December to Jan 19

Jason

Rockstar releasing RDR2 PC in the same period as Borderlands 3 wouldn't be dumb on their part, not really. Might not be super ideal for Take-Two, but BL3 would still be releasing on PS4/Xbox so they'd both do fine.

People can and do buy more than one game in a 2-3 month period.

LunaStrky :3
16 minutes ago, Jason said:

Rockstar releasing RDR2 PC in the same period as Borderlands 3 wouldn't be dumb on their part, not really. Might not be super ideal for Take-Two, but BL3 would still be releasing on PS4/Xbox so they'd both do fine.

People can and do buy more than one game in a 2-3 month period.

Besides, the people who already have played RDR on consoles will Buy Borderlands 3 keeping the sales balanced for T2. So I also agree that it's not a very bad idea 

Castle454

i think april is the month

The Algerian
14 hours ago, Ash_735 said:

July is in the new fiscal year, as I've been saying, anytime during APRIL, MAY, JUNE, would fall into Q1 of 2019's fiscal year, JULY, AUGUST, SEPTEMBER is Q2 (usually a quiet period), Q3 is normally touted as the high rush for gaming as it covers the end of the year holidays such as Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Christmas and New Year.

I think it's going to depend a lot on how long they can get by with only the PS4/X1 versions sales.

If they can milk them to keep shareholders around for more than just 1 fiscal year, we might've to wait longer.

gtamatics
8 hours ago, Castle454 said:

i think april is the month

Release date on April 1st