4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

AxA

RDR2 PC Discussion

Choteron
3 hours ago, The Algerian said:

Uuh, no, not me.

I'm buying it on PS4, and selling that copy when it comes to PC.

For me, and pc players that dont own or dont want a console, the waiting game starts the 26

Edited by Choteron

The Algerian
3 hours ago, Choteron said:

For me, and pc players that dont own or dont want a console, the waiting game starts the 26

It's gonna be a tough wait indeed, especially without a release date.

But rest assured I'll be pretty regretful and jealous when it does come out and your first experience with the game is on PC.

I'd really love for my first playthrough to be on 60fps and keyboard/mouse.

rollschuh2282

if it happens like with V, then when it comes to PC we will only have 1 edition.

And that means we would get the ultimate edition exclusive bank heist in it  :D

Edited by rollschuh2282

gtamatics

Fact is, if I have to wait 2 years, I do not pay full price. I know the story, was spoiled. I know the story from Youtube. I'll do it like with GTA 5. 13 euros for the key and ready. I never played the story of GTA 5 because I know the end.

Xerukal
13 hours ago, The Algerian said:

It's gonna be a tough wait indeed, especially without a release date.

But rest assured I'll be pretty regretful and jealous when it does come out and your first experience with the game is on PC.

I'd really love for my first playthrough to be on 60fps and keyboard/mouse.

There's one upside to all the waiting... patches. 

GTA V was fun & polished at launch 5 years ago, to be sure. All Rockstar games are, barring some fun glitches that don't impact much. But it got way better after some much needed updates. The quick menu as we know it wasn't really present in 2013 when it came out. It was there, it was just a lot more bare bones. Couldn't do certain things. Lots of weapons were also added, which just enhanced first time playthroughs so much in the long run. Then of course, the new gen and PC versions came along and tied it all up in one package. 

Most games I play on launch these days have me wishing I waited for some quality of life updates before I beat them for the first time. Sometimes performance is improved, or a cool feature or two is added. Won't have to worry about that with RDR2. Small consolation when you compare it to the time we'll have to spend waiting, I know. Still though.

Edited by Xerukal

LunaStrky :3
16 hours ago, rollschuh2282 said:

if it happens like with V, then when it comes to PC we will only have 1 edition.

And that means we would get the ultimate edition exclusive bank heist in it  :D

And all the Online bonuses As well? I really  hope that we don't have to wait a couple of years.  By that time maybe an announcement  for GTA VI could be made.  And what about the pc specs? For the screenshots and the gameplay trailers, the game looks pretty amazing! I wonder how much "power" must have a PC to run the game on medium - high settings at 1080p and 60 FPS 🤔

Xerukal
3 hours ago, LunaStrky :3 said:

And all the Online bonuses As well? I really  hope that we don't have to wait a couple of years.  By that time maybe an announcement  for GTA VI could be made.  And what about the pc specs? For the screenshots and the gameplay trailers, the game looks pretty amazing! I wonder how much "power" must have a PC to run the game on medium - high settings at 1080p and 60 FPS 🤔

Nothing unreasonable, I would wager. Rockstar has had a great track record with optimization ever since Max Payne 3. I can see the game being more CPU intensive, as with most AI-heavy open worlds, but you shouldn't need more than what's available today to max it out at 60 fps in 1080p.

They've gotten things down quite well with GTA V's PC version. If that pattern continues, RDR2 will be even better technically.

Edited by Xerukal

gtamatics
4 hours ago, LunaStrky :3 said:

I wonder how much "power" must have a PC to run the game on medium - high settings at 1080p and 60 FPS 🤔

I think a current i5 processor and Nvidia 1060. I play GTA 5 on a 4 year old Intel i5 and the 1050 ti OC (4GB), 16 GB RAM in max settings 50 fps

Edited by gtamatics

iDavisSK

Guys, do you think 8 GB ram could be enough for this game?

Jason
1 hour ago, iDavisSK said:

Guys, do you think 8 GB ram could be enough for this game?

8GB is becoming the min spec for big games these days. 16gb would be ideal.

Spider-Vice

GTA V already struggles a bit with stuttering, especially Online, if you have an HDD and 8 GB of RAM. I think RDR2 will be needing at minimum 8 GB, or more.

rollschuh2282
7 hours ago, LunaStrky :3 said:

the Carbon RS and the Hotknife were Special edition vehicles on OLD GEN, and on NEXT GEN and PC we got it simply available.

of course the People that had the special or Ultimate edition will get it for free while we have a Price for it, but it will be available

Choteron

Red Dead Redemption 2 is 88.57GB in size on Xbox One.

Do you think it will be way more than that on PC?

Jason
2 minutes ago, Choteron said:

100gb+ baby

It'll have all the post-launch content from the console versions too, so it's gonna be a hefty ol' game.

Quenai
15 hours ago, Choteron said:

Reserve at least 115 GB,that's for sure

BlackJackthe3rd
On 10/14/2018 at 1:58 PM, Spider-Vice said:

GTA V already struggles a bit with stuttering, especially Online, if you have an HDD and 8 GB of RAM. I think RDR2 will be needing at minimum 8 GB, or more.

I was wondering about this my ps4 seems to struggle with gta online how will it be able to handle rdr 2 with better graphics ect

Ash_735
36 minutes ago, BlackJackthe3rd said:

I was wondering about this my ps4 seems to struggle with gta online how will it be able to handle rdr 2 with better graphics ect

GTAO is horribly handled when it comes to patching, they never replace, just add, so over the years the game has a stupid amount of duplicate files (up to 9 copies of some cars, 3 copies of map areas, etc, etc), it's why the game is as big as it is, and the game has to bounce around your hard drive to make sure it's using the correct and up to date versions of each. 

Xerukal

Store listings don't really mean anything. We've had a bunch of those with GTA V a good two years before the PC version was announced. 

On 10/15/2018 at 9:37 AM, Ash_735 said:

GTAO is horribly handled when it comes to patching, they never replace, just add, so over the years the game has a stupid amount of duplicate files (up to 9 copies of some cars, 3 copies of map areas, etc, etc), it's why the game is as big as it is, and the game has to bounce around your hard drive to make sure it's using the correct and up to date versions of each. 

So is this the reason why  the performance of the game has been very low in the recent days? I used to run it at almost max settings at 60 FPS with no trouble, but recently in the areas of Strawberry or Vinewood the games strutters a bit. Sometimes even in Paleto Bay or somewhere where are a lot of trees My game drops at 30 FPS ._. But only in GTA Online, the story mode seems to run perfectly 😧 I hope RDR 2 handle their updates a bit better then ._.

OT: I recently knew that Devolver Digital offered to port RDR 2 to PC. I know, that doesn't confirm anything, but is just curious to see other companys offering themselves to port a Game into a platform that the original devs haven't considered (...Yet).

fdiuhywsu
18 minutes ago, LunaStrky :3 said:

OT: I recently knew that Devolver Digital offered to port RDR 2 to PC. I know, that doesn't confirm anything, but is just curious to see other companys offering themselves to port a Game into a platform that the original devs haven't considered (...Yet). 

That was a joke, they were taking the piss out of Rockstar.

R* lover

I'm the only one who thinks they will announce rdr2 for pc and possibly for the next consoles a pack of rdr + rdr2

pariah87
2 hours ago, R* lover said:

I'm the only one who thinks they will announce rdr2 for pc and possibly for the next consoles a pack of rdr + rdr2

Probably yes. I don't think RDR 1 will ever come to PC

R* lover
10 hours ago, pariah87 said:

Probably yes. I don't think RDR 1 will ever come to PC

I mean, if this is true, i see it

Edited by R* lover

Piro
On 10/8/2018 at 1:26 PM, fdiuhywsu said:

The piracy problem is way overblown, in today's PC market good games sell really well and are definitely profitable.

The actual impact of piracy on game sales also seems to be really really small according to the data we have on denuvo/no denuvo games.

Edit: I was responding to one of the posts that got deleted.

Yeah piracy is not the problem. PC marked is huge, bigger then all consoles combined. But they always delay PC releases for couple of reasons.
- They get payed for that. Console exclusivity increases console sales
- Releasing at the same time would lower console sales significantly ("If I have both why would I buy it on console as well?") 
- Closed systems vs open systems. Every console is the same but optimizing games for different rigs takes time
- Its easier to monetize console players
- People will buy it 2-3x just like they did with gta V

Edited by Piro

Jason

It isn't easier to monetise console players really, all the monetisation methods you see today originated on PC. You're spot on otherwise though, but in this particular case I think Rockstar just want that double dip.

Choteron

You will watch the launch trailer tomorrow?

Im in doubt because i dont want to get more hyped for a game that i will not play for a long time.

The Algerian

I don't think it's so much about double dip, at least not in the sense of making us buy the game several times, as it is about keeping their stocks from dropping too soon after the initial release of a game.

They could very much afford to release their games on every platform at once if they released one game like every two year. But with their cycle, their stock would just be too unstable.

Like that mini-game we were playing in GTAV with the stock market.

That's how it works, company is likely to make a profit, stock price goes up as everyone tries to buy them,

But if it's likely to completely stop making profits, stock price goes way down as everyone's trying to sell and get on something that's likely to go up soon.

9 hours ago, R* lover said:

I mean, if this is true, i see it

Well that would be sweet! If that's true maybe the wait could be worth  it :D