3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

AxA

RDR2 PC Discussion

monk70
2 hours ago, Choteron said:

Yesterday, Take Two hosted an earnings conference call and the subject was raised again. An investor piped up with a question many of us have been wondering.

“Red Dead 1 was not on PC; any updated thoughts on making Red Dead 2 available on PC down the road? Thanks.”

A long pause followed, with Zelnick eventually asking the investor to repeat the question. Then he dodged and weaved. 

“Rockstar will talk about their intentions are going forward with regard to all upcoming products, and the same would hold true for platforms. So, in this particular instance, I can’t really give you too much clarity, apologies.”

Source:https://www.pcgamer.com/take-two-is-being-evasive-about-red-dead-redemption-2-on-pc/?utm_content=buffer79911&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=buffer-pcgamertw

I remember he said something like that about GTA V on PC.

Fun 2
26 minutes ago, Choteron said:

Rockstar decides all the artistic decisions but for the business decisions (like releasing the rdr 2 pc port later) the man in charge is the CEO of Take Two (Strauss Zelnick) 

Not really, that's up for Rockstar as well.

Xerukal

It's the same tune he sang whenever he was asked about GTA V PC. Evasion is confirmation in this case. Good news, in my opinion.

Edited by Xerukal

Uncle Sikee Atric
12 hours ago, Xerukal said:

It's the same tune he sang whenever he was asked about GTA V PC. Evasion is confirmation in this case. Good news, in my opinion.

Yeah, I agree.

People whose jobs rely on sales and revenue generation, generally are terrible liars when they're clearly sat on something that will generate large numbers of sales and revenue.

We know R* has a working client (and probably built / ported the console versions from that build), we have the evidence from the R* Companion App and now dismissive behaviour from the sales side.

It's pretty hard to refute now, it's more when, not if.

fatdog
13 hours ago, Fun 2 said:

That's because he isn't the one who decide what Rockstar should do and shouldn't do, and it's much better that way

Still he should know the planes his company follows. 

15 hours ago, Choteron said:

An investor piped up with a question many of us have been wondering.

Why nobody asks about reason they threat their customers like sh*t?

Ash_735
1 hour ago, fatdog said:

Why nobody asks about reason they threat their customers like sh*t?

Because they make money for said investors. They don't care how "fair" it is as long as it "works". 

Xerukal

Remember, we're talking about the same guy that said this.

Every time I read something he says, I get this inescapable feeling that Zelnick would sell out planet Earth to aliens if it meant making a couple of billion space dollars. 

Edited by Xerukal

fatdog
32 minutes ago, Ash_735 said:

Because they make money for said investors. They don't care how "fair" it is as long as it "works". 

It's kind of bad for business. Sure you make enough money, but who said you couldn't make much more with customer friendly approach?

Edited by fatdog

HaRdSTyLe_83
1 hour ago, fatdog said:

but who said you couldn't make much more with customer friendly approach?

how would you make more money with a friendly approach?

as long as the game keeps selling they wont reveal if the game is coming to PC or not, and them they will build the hype back again

Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83

Xerukal

Pretty much. They've done the same thing with GTA V PC. Had its own marketing buildup and everything. 4k screens, delay. Then more 4k screens and another delay. 60 FPS trailer, various gaming websites covering the PC version and hyping it up as the ultimate experience™.

We're bound to have the same thing happen with RDR2. Maybe with less delays though.

Caysle

I hope it's released for PC, don't want to buy PS4 just for a game

MarshallRawR

The Rockstar newswire is a ticking bomb.

Xerukal

Yeah, a very slow one. Unfortunately. 

Still gotta keep those GTAO posts going. Back in the day when we made bets on Tuesdays and Thursdays, our worst enemy was the dreaded GTAO post. PC announcement? No mate, we've got SNAPMATIC CONTESTS!

DentureDynamite
5 hours ago, Caysle said:

I hope it's released for PC, don't want to buy PS4 just for a game

I hear ya; I bought one though just because I'm weary of GTA Online (never cared about Story Mode).

That said, I'm hopeful but very wary of RDR2 Online at the same time. The evidence of "Homing Tomahawks" (yes, you read that right--and if included in RDR2 Online besides Story Mode) is enough to make me start weeping.

Edited by DentureDynamite

Choteron
2 hours ago, Xerukal said:

Yeah, a very slow one. Unfortunately. 

Still gotta keep those GTAO posts going. Back in the day when we made bets on Tuesdays and Thursdays, our worst enemy was the dreaded GTAO post. PC announcement? No mate, we've got SNAPMATIC CONTESTS!

yes, i remember that awful days. And for that i will not enter the newswire. Is a usless torture.

Edited by Choteron

Uncle Sikee Atric
13 hours ago, Choteron said:

yes, i remember that awful days. And for that i will not enter the newswire. Is a usless torture.

It will not be people like us playing games like that this time....

But other, newer members will carry that mantle forwards, awaiting every newswire update with aplomb.  

We've grown up.

Piro
19 hours ago, Xerukal said:

Pretty much. They've done the same thing with GTA V PC. Had its own marketing buildup and everything. 4k screens, delay. Then more 4k screens and another delay. 60 FPS trailer, various gaming websites covering the PC version and hyping it up as the ultimate experience™.

We're bound to have the same thing happen with RDR2. Maybe with less delays though.

I just hope they will include something cooler then just 60fps and better graphics. By that time I expect them to add at least R* editor, content creator and SP DLC.

But knowing R* they will focus on online again...

Xerukal

I'll be happy with just playing the game on PC, tbh. I can concern myself with DLC and stuff after the 100% completion mark. 

That said, Undead Nightmare 2 needs to happen.

Lazlow007
5 hours ago, Xerukal said:

I'll be happy with just playing the game on PC, tbh. I can concern myself with DLC and stuff after the 100% completion mark. 

That said, Undead Nightmare 2 needs to happen.

And start with Arthur ? haha

Xerukal

I got around to completing that treasure hunt in GTAO today... I've never felt so taunted in my life.

E33scU2.jpg

raxRpqO.gif

Edited by Xerukal

Caysle
On 11/9/2018 at 8:07 PM, DentureDynamite said:

I hear ya; I bought one though just because I'm weary of GTA Online (never cared about Story Mode).

That said, I'm hopeful but very wary of RDR2 Online at the same time. The evidence of "Homing Tomahawks" (yes, you read that right--and if included in RDR2 Online besides Story Mode) is enough to make me start weeping.

I'd buy one if PS4 price gradually lowered, instead it is the same from 5 years ago and the hacked ones that could play pirate games are even more expensive. In my case, money is an issue. For now at least

Uncle Sikee Atric
6 hours ago, TagoKG said:

Total bullplop and speculation, it's a placeholder using GTA V's specs as a base.  (They've not even edited the the VRAM specs on the rec specs for the graphics card as my 1060 has 6 gig of RAM.)

dognuts

How would quickdrawing work on PC? You have to slowly press down the right trigger to increase accuracy when reaching for your pistol.

Xerukal
7 minutes ago, dognuts said:

How would quickdrawing work on PC? You have to slowly press down the right trigger to increase accuracy when reaching for your pistol.

Is this for duels? It's highly possible it could be adapted to mouse movement, assuming it's in a contained, mini-game environment like RDR1's dueling. 

If it's just something we can do in regular gameplay, they may assign some kind of combination of tapping and holding certain buttons.

Edited by Xerukal

dognuts
Just now, Xerukal said:

Is this for duels? It's highly possible it could be adapted to mouse movement, assuming it's in a contained, mini-game environment like RDR1's dueling. 

If it's just something we can do in regular gameplay, they may assign some kind of combination of tapping or holding certain buttons.

The same mechanic for dueling can be used in regular gameplay, especially when fake surrendering. A circle fills according to how far you press down the trigger; press too fast and your shot is inaccurate. There's probably more examples of how they adapted the use of controllers for this game. Maybe you can keybind a quickdraw button to initiate the circle to start filling, and then press LMB when your ready to take aim. I don't know, I hope they figure something out.

Xerukal
6 minutes ago, dognuts said:

The same mechanic for dueling can be used in regular gameplay, especially when fake surrendering. A circle fills according to how far you press down the trigger; press too fast and your shot is inaccurate. There's probably more examples of how they adapted the use of controllers for this game. Maybe you can keybind a quickdraw button to initiate the circle to start filling, and then press LMB when your ready to take aim. I don't know, I hope they figure something out.

I think people were confused about how they'd adapt some of GTA V's controls to PC as well. They'll find a way, I'm sure.

Your suggestion makes the most sense to me, tbh. Would keep the mechanic pretty much intact skill-wise, as you'd still need to get the timing right.

That said, I'm kind of talking out of my ass here since I haven't had a chance to see quickdrawing in action yet in any videos (haven't watched that many).

Edited by Xerukal

Choteron
10 hours ago, Xerukal said:

I got around to completing that treasure hunt in GTAO today... I've never felt so taunted in my life.

I think that treasure hunt is one more of the "evidences that we will have a PC version.

VinceVega84

i hope we get RDR2 on PC soon, game looks amazing but im not going to buy a console just to play one game. i waited long enough for GTA V pc edition i think i can wait for RDR2 too.

maybe im wrong but wasn't this thread pinned ?

Xerukal
8 minutes ago, VinceVega84 said:

i hope we get RDR2 on PC soon, game looks amazing but im not going to buy a console just to play one game. i waited long enough for GTA V pc edition i think i can wait for RDR2 too.

maybe im wrong but wasn't this thread pinned ?

It was. It got unpinned a while ago for some reason.