Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    2. News

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
    1. GTA Online

      1. After Hours
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Crews

      1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA Next

    3. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

    6. GTA Vice City Stories

    7. GTA Liberty City Stories

    8. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

    2. Site Suggestions

AxA

RDR2 PC Discussion

Recommended Posts

Xerukal

I mean, as long as they keep fixing and working on the PC version while they're holding it back, I don't really see as much of an issue. 

 

GTA V PC ultimately benefited from being released last. RDR2 will probably be the same. Any refinements they apply to the console versions via patches will naturally make their way to the PC version before release. It's small consolation, but we may as well look at the positives of the situation, since there's nothing we can really do to change it. GTA V's PC version did extremely well despite coming out two years late, so that tells them that their approach to delaying & sitting on PC versions is absolutely justified.

 

And honestly, once that game was actually out, literally polished & spit-shined to perfection... I can't say I gave as much of a sh*t about the wait. The quality of the game itself, both on a technical level and the content within it, was absolutely worth waiting for. 

 

Of course, it would have been a lot f*cking nicer if we had it about a year or two earlier. Let's not fool ourselves here. I'm not advocating for this ridiculous double, sometimes triple dipping scheme. However, it offers at least some benefits to us, despite being largely against us as consumers.

Edited by Xerukal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ash_735
11 minutes ago, T-ru said:

Red Dead PC greedy circle, again!

I started to hate R*, mostly I hate Sony and Microsoft these two giants are everywhere especially Sony. 

I will not wonder if they start to make a clothes with the sony logo on them.

 

Because of this giant the PC gaming dying, they just wait for a good bait in this case RDR2 or some other masterpiece of R* or any good game from any game company and they put this bait on their hooks (consoles) also they buy this bait just for a couple of million with a contract and this contract says that the game will be only on the hooks for one or two years and put all of this in the game ocean and the fishes (gamers) begin to peck.

 

After the contract the game company apprise " hey the PC version is coming but wait just one year to polish the game and then maybe 5 or 10 patches" the most (90-99%) of the PC gamers already know/watched the walk trough but the game will cost only 89 or 99 dollars and now is the time of the small giants (nvidia, intel and amd).

 

I waited GTA IV, EFLC, RDR (Without luck because here the contract from the giants was forever), GTA V and now WAITING AGAIN!!! I'M SICK AND TIRED FROM WAITING R*!!!  

What you just said was complete and utter made up nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fdiuhywsu

Some sites are reporting on these rumors. 

 

Personally I don't really believe any of this because, apart from the dubious source, they don't make a lot of sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
T-ru
1 minute ago, Ash_735 said:

What you just said was complete and utter made up nonsense.

What is nonsense??!! The bad reality for some people is nonsense maybe! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Sikee Atric
4 minutes ago, fdiuhywsu said:

Some sites are reporting on these rumors. 

 

Personally I don't really believe any of this because, apart from the dubious source, they don't make a lot of sense.

Some things are true clickbait and baloney....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ash_735
1 minute ago, T-ru said:

What is nonsense??!! The bad reality for some people is nonsense maybe! 

Well first off, you mainly blame Sony for this, when Sony have funded a large amount of titles this generation that have come out on PC (some even at the same time), same goes for Microsoft they tend to release their big titles on PC at the same time (Forza, GOW, etc).

 

Second you said PC Gaming is dying, which erm, couldn't be further from the truth at this point in time, but whatever.

 

Third there is no such thing as a contract to keep the game OFF PC, whenever an exclusion contract has been made it's been for rival platforms (e.g. Tomb Raider, etc), there's never been a game to use a contract in such a way to exclude PC Gamers (that's often conspiracy theories made up by certain PC Gamers), that leads me onto the next point...

 

Fish don't peck, I don't know why you started with fish and then used a word to describe an action birds do.

 

Lastly, we ALL know the reason why Rockstar delay their games on PC, it's because the spread out over multiple fiscal years thing works best for them, this is ROCKSTAR'S CHOICE (and Take-Two) the very same company you're trying to cry about as being bullied by greedy console makers. (Funny how it mainly seems to effect Rockstar Games huh?)

 

and VERY last point, there is Sony clothing, and Xbox clothing, and...

Classic-Tops-Tee-Shirts-Design-O-Neck-Sh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
_MK_

It's funny to see people actually trying to justify and defend Rockstar when it comes to them deliberately holding back the PC version,i mean if it was an honest reason for them to hold it back I'd understand but really ? they're holding it back for pure $$$$$ reasons,they could have actually released it for PC first then to Consoles but hey this is Rockstar,it's all about deals double triple dipping sharkcards but yeah lets make up stuff for them,try an make them look nice an all while they treat their devs like prisoners and slaves and have their "PC fans" on the wait scraping sh*t,how lovely.

God help us when it's time for VI.

Edited by _MK_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Choteron
1 minute ago, _MK_ said:

It's funny to see people actually trying to justify and defend Rockstar when it comes to them deliberately holding back the PC version,i mean if it was an honest reason for them to hold it back I'd understand but really ? they're holding it back for pure $$$$$ reasons,they could have actually released it for PC first then to Consoles but hey this is Rockstar,it's all about deals double triple dipping sharkcards but yeah lets make up stuff for them,try an make them look nice an all while they treat their devs like prisoners and slaves and have their "PC fans" on the wait scraping sh*t,how lovely.

God help us when it's times for VI.

Its all about greed. Take Two, Ubisoft, Ea and Activision are the worst

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
T-ru
1 minute ago, Ash_735 said:

Well first off, you mainly blame Sony for this, when Sony have funded a large amount of titles this generation that have come out on PC (some even at the same time), same goes for Microsoft they tend to release their big titles on PC at the same time (Forza, GOW, etc).

 

Second you said PC Gaming is dying, which erm, couldn't be further from the truth at this point in time, but whatever.

 

Third there is no such thing as a contract to keep the game OFF PC, whenever an exclusion contract has been made it's been for rival platforms (e.g. Tomb Raider, etc), there's never been a game to use a contract in such a way to exclude PC Gamers (that's often conspiracy theories made up by certain PC Gamers), that leads me onto the next point...

 

Fish don't peck, I don't know why you started with fish and then used a word to describe an action birds do.

 

Lastly, we ALL know the reason why Rockstar delay their games on PC, it's because the spread out over multiple fiscal years thing works best for them, this is ROCKSTAR'S CHOICE (and Take-Two) the very same company you're trying to cry about as being bullied by greedy console makers. (Funny how it mainly seems to effect Rockstar Games huh?)

 

and VERY last point, there is Sony clothing, and Xbox clothing, and...

 

 

You are too fast in the reading, read carefully like between the lines, not only here in the life too!

 

"Sony have funded a large amount of titles"  - large amount of stupid kid's titles, this's just to cover them selfs!

 

"same goes for Microsoft they tend to release their big titles on PC at the same time (Forza, GOW, etc)"  Yes, like I said after year or maybe more or never, because of the milking with the hooks!

 

"Second you said PC Gaming is dying, which erm, couldn't be further from the truth at this point in time, but whatever"   You mean you didn't waited for GTA IV, EFLC, RDR (Without luck because here the contract from the giants was forever), GTA V, what about The last of Us, GOW, uncharted...etc or you dont have a problem with the waiting and the fact that the pc versions are always on the back line??

 

"Third there is no such thing as a contract to keep the game OFF PC, whenever an exclusion contract has been made it's been for rival platforms (e.g. Tomb Raider, etc), there's never been a game to use a contract in such a way to exclude PC Gamers (that's often conspiracy theories made up by certain PC Gamers), that leads me onto the next point...""  These contract are not visible for us they are given under the table, because these consoles need to be sold! And the exclusive titles are the best bait!!!

 

"Lastly, we ALL know the reason why Rockstar delay their games on PC, it's because the spread out over multiple fiscal years thing works best for them, this is ROCKSTAR'S CHOICE (and Take-Two) the very same company you're trying to cry about as being bullied by greedy console makers. (Funny how it mainly seems to effect Rockstar Games huh?)"  Yea Yea and the moon is made from cheese, IF you are owner of the big game company and some of the directors of the Sony offer you a some million with a contract to make this game only for the consoles you'll answer him no...it's because the spread out over multiple fiscal years thing works best for them..

 

The t-shirt- I was talking about Sony!

 

NONSENSES!!!!???

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gtamatics
3 hours ago, OpenIV Team said:

Anyone has iOS version of Companion App, .ipa file? Send us the link or something.

Just to push the comment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ash_735
2 hours ago, T-ru said:

 

You are too fast in the reading, read carefully like between the lines, not only here in the life too!

 

"Sony have funded a large amount of titles"  - large amount of stupid kid's titles, this's just to cover them selfs!

 

"same goes for Microsoft they tend to release their big titles on PC at the same time (Forza, GOW, etc)"  Yes, like I said after year or maybe more or never, because of the milking with the hooks!

 

"Second you said PC Gaming is dying, which erm, couldn't be further from the truth at this point in time, but whatever"   You mean you didn't waited for GTA IV, EFLC, RDR (Without luck because here the contract from the giants was forever), GTA V, what about The last of Us, GOW, uncharted...etc or you dont have a problem with the waiting and the fact that the pc versions are always on the back line??

 

"Third there is no such thing as a contract to keep the game OFF PC, whenever an exclusion contract has been made it's been for rival platforms (e.g. Tomb Raider, etc), there's never been a game to use a contract in such a way to exclude PC Gamers (that's often conspiracy theories made up by certain PC Gamers), that leads me onto the next point...""  These contract are not visible for us they are given under the table, because these consoles need to be sold! And the exclusive titles are the best bait!!!

 

"Lastly, we ALL know the reason why Rockstar delay their games on PC, it's because the spread out over multiple fiscal years thing works best for them, this is ROCKSTAR'S CHOICE (and Take-Two) the very same company you're trying to cry about as being bullied by greedy console makers. (Funny how it mainly seems to effect Rockstar Games huh?)"  Yea Yea and the moon is made from cheese, IF you are owner of the big game company and some of the directors of the Sony offer you a some million with a contract to make this game only for the consoles you'll answer him no...it's because the spread out over multiple fiscal years thing works best for them..

 

The t-shirt- I was talking about Sony!

 

NONSENSES!!!!???

You're literally grasping at straws and making no sense at all with your arguments, you sound like a deluded person especially when you're waving away the evidence right in front of you, so I don't really know what else to say, I mean I said Microsoft are releasing their games AT THE SAME TIME and you counter with "Yes, like I said after year or maybe more".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HaRdSTyLe_83
2 hours ago, T-ru said:

You mean you didn't waited for GTA IV, EFLC, RDR (Without luck because here the contract from the giants was forever), GTA V, what about The last of Us, GOW, uncharted...etc or you dont have a problem with the waiting and the fact that the pc versions are always on the back line??

 

if they released it at the same time, who would buy it for the consoles? i rather wait 1 year to play it like it should

my Ps4 died from the amount of dust it gained, the last time it was turned on was to play Horizon zero Dawn, and it was a pain to play such a good game in the slideshow of fps

 

Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darealbandicoot
6 hours ago, T-ru said:

 

You are too fast in the reading, read carefully like between the lines, not only here in the life too!

 

"Sony have funded a large amount of titles"  - large amount of stupid kid's titles, this's just to cover them selfs!

 

"same goes for Microsoft they tend to release their big titles on PC at the same time (Forza, GOW, etc)"  Yes, like I said after year or maybe more or never, because of the milking with the hooks!

 

"Second you said PC Gaming is dying, which erm, couldn't be further from the truth at this point in time, but whatever"   You mean you didn't waited for GTA IV, EFLC, RDR (Without luck because here the contract from the giants was forever), GTA V, what about The last of Us, GOW, uncharted...etc or you dont have a problem with the waiting and the fact that the pc versions are always on the back line??

 

"Third there is no such thing as a contract to keep the game OFF PC, whenever an exclusion contract has been made it's been for rival platforms (e.g. Tomb Raider, etc), there's never been a game to use a contract in such a way to exclude PC Gamers (that's often conspiracy theories made up by certain PC Gamers), that leads me onto the next point...""  These contract are not visible for us they are given under the table, because these consoles need to be sold! And the exclusive titles are the best bait!!!

 

"Lastly, we ALL know the reason why Rockstar delay their games on PC, it's because the spread out over multiple fiscal years thing works best for them, this is ROCKSTAR'S CHOICE (and Take-Two) the very same company you're trying to cry about as being bullied by greedy console makers. (Funny how it mainly seems to effect Rockstar Games huh?)"  Yea Yea and the moon is made from cheese, IF you are owner of the big game company and some of the directors of the Sony offer you a some million with a contract to make this game only for the consoles you'll answer him no...it's because the spread out over multiple fiscal years thing works best for them..

 

The t-shirt- I was talking about Sony!

 

NONSENSES!!!!???

 

 

 

I can't tell if your serious or not. Plus you seem to have a grudge against Sony for some reason. I'm saying this in the kindest way I can: You sound crazy. You think Sony bribed Rockstar to delay the PC version? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Sikee Atric
41 minutes ago, Darealbandicoot said:

I can't tell if your serious or not. Plus you seem to have a grudge against Sony for some reason. I'm saying this in the kindest way I can: You sound crazy. You think Sony bribed Rockstar to delay the PC version? 

I've heard worse tin foil hat conspiracies about why the PC version follows later....

 

But yeah, this particular reason is total garbage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlackScout

I don't think I mind waiting an extra 6 months. If, and only if that extra time is used for additional testing and addition/development of specific features that could potentially improve the PC experience.

 

Unless they are doing an artificial timed exclusivity for consoles, then they are big assholes.

Edited by BlackScout

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TomilovSenya
12 hours ago, _MK_ said:

they're holding it back for pure $$$

A little birdie told me they also make games for pure $$$. I don't know why but perhaps because they are a commercial company... no idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TagoKG

Hope the game release before late 2019 in pc because cyberpunk 2077 will drop in these dates probably(so rip)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
T-ru
18 hours ago, Ash_735 said:

You're literally grasping at straws and making no sense at all with your arguments, you sound like a deluded person especially when you're waving away the evidence right in front of you, so I don't really know what else to say, I mean I said Microsoft are releasing their games AT THE SAME TIME and you counter with "Yes, like I said after year or maybe more".

I just shared my opinion but this's the opinion of many people like me (PC players). Microsoft will releasing NOTHING, keep on dreaming and my answer was in this way :Yes, like I said, after year or maybe more or never, because of the milking with the hooks! If you didn't get it this means NEVER! Think again who is deluded! 

18 hours ago, HaRdSTyLe_83 said:

 

if they released it at the same time, who would buy it for the consoles? i rather wait 1 year to play it like it should

 

 

I (and many other PC gamers) don't care who would buy it, I'm costumer I want to buy it at day one and to played it, so PC users "must" wait and wait, why??!! your logic is discrimination!!!

 

15 hours ago, Darealbandicoot said:

I can't tell if your serious or not. Plus you seem to have a grudge against Sony for some reason. I'm saying this in the kindest way I can: You sound crazy. You think Sony bribed Rockstar to delay the PC version? 

Who knows, that's why there is a forums for discussion but the facts says YES. What is crazy??!! For you maybe is normal to buy 2500 euro gaming PC + software (windows, antivirus...etc) and then to wait a year or more for the PC version of the exclusives, well for me this's not normal, this's not correct even mockery with the PC users!!!

 

Do you know what guys, I'm thinking to throw away my PC and to buy a PS (for sure i'll do this on the next ps5 gen) and I wish all PC players around the world to do this, I wish PC gaming DEAD!!! Then we'll see what is crazy!!!

I feel offended! I just shared my opinion based on many years of experience and some naive people who trust and believe to the game companies described me as deluded and crazy, I expected something like "yes, maybe you are right, but don't worry we will get the PC version, there is nothing we can do for now" and maybe someone from R* watch this topic!

 

This's my last comment here, I don't want to make this topic flaming war between PC and Consoles!

Have a nice praying and waiting for the PC version!

Edited by T-ru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lazlow007

It would be so nice from Rockstar to release a game for all platforms at once. I know it's a business tactic from them, but still. At least I hope we don't have to wait a year or two, only a few month. Oh wait, we are talking about Rockstar.....I mean, I can dream haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HaRdSTyLe_83
33 minutes ago, T-ru said:

I (and many other PC gamers) don't care who would buy it, I'm costumer I want to buy it at day one and to played it, so PC users "must" wait and wait, why??!! your logic is discrimination!!!

 

 i didn't say it wasn't discrimination, nor did i say i approved it or that they should do that, so i dont know why you say its MY logic! its their logic.

i said they do that to make extra $, by releasing it first in an inferior platform, myself included have bought GTAV on the PS3 then PS4 and later on PC. If it was released at the same time, why would i have bought it for the PS3/PS4 ? That was MY logic.

 

now, a good move on Xbox is that it let you play your games on the PC, so i could just buy the xbox x for 449€ with the game included, but i still have so many games in my backlog from Steam sales and humble bundles that it feels like throwing money away. so idk, maybe ill buy it if im bored enough

 

 

Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Systasis

2019 or 2020? place your bet 🙏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lazlow007
1 minute ago, Systasis said:

2019 or 2020? place your bet 🙏

Since there's no other consoles coming out, I would say First half of 2019. But a later delay would push it to 2019 fall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
_MK_
20 hours ago, TomilovSenya said:

A little birdie told me they also make games for pure $$$. I don't know why but perhaps because they are a commercial company... no idea.

Well no sh*t Sherlock,of course they are a company and their main goal is money.

My comment was obviously and clearly for the people that think Rockstar is holding the PC version back for "improvements" when that has nothing to do with it rather they hold it back for reasons which i have already mentioned above.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ash_735
5 hours ago, T-ru said:

I just shared my opinion but this's the opinion of many people like me (PC players). Microsoft will releasing NOTHING, keep on dreaming and my answer was in this way :Yes, like I said, after year or maybe more or never, because of the milking with the hooks! If you didn't get it this means NEVER! Think again who is deluded! 

gEwsILx.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Systasis
34 minutes ago, Lazlow007 said:

Ah, too good to be true, man! But I hope he's right :D

 

Yes, too good to be true. Wouldn't get my hopes too high, although it might be possible, since this is not GTA. Patcher is not a good source afaik );

Wonder if my old 980GTX will run the game decently. I am not sure I'll upgrade my rig, I should get a 4k monitor first.

Edited by Systasis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xerukal
50 minutes ago, Systasis said:

Wonder if my old 980GTX will run the game decently. I am not sure I'll upgrade my rig, I should get a 4k monitor first.

Definitely. The 980 has no problem maxing GTA V out at 1080p, 60 FPS. RDR2 should simply require turning down some settings to maintain 60. Just make sure you have a fair CPU. 

 

I know GTA V was technically a last gen game, but even for the standards that were set back then, its system requirements were surprisingly low. I'd expect the same for RDR2. Hopefully even better performance, if Vulkan is involved.

Edited by Xerukal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Systasis
2 hours ago, Xerukal said:

Definitely. The 980 has no problem maxing GTA V out at 1080p, 60 FPS. RDR2 should simply require turning down some settings to maintain 60. Just make sure you have a fair CPU. 

 

I know GTA V was technically a last gen game, but even for the standards that were set back then, its system requirements were surprisingly low. I'd expect the same for RDR2. Hopefully even better performance, if Vulkan is involved.

 

Thank you for your advice. little OT: nice Goro Majima avatar, I still have to continue Yakuza 6 on PS4! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • 18 Users Currently Viewing
    0 Members, 1 Anonymous, 17 Guests

×

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.