2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

AxA

RDR2 PC Discussion

Timcatgt5

I won't be watching any videos on RDR2 until I decide on whether to get the PC version, if it's confirmed to be released on that system. 

But I hope the game is a big success, as a lot of work was put down to get this far, and best of luck to those who have pre-ordered and are ready to get the game in a few hours. 

Uncle Sikee Atric
43 minutes ago, Xerukal said:

If next gen consoles are announced for next year though... we're f*cked.

I think we should be okay in that regard.  I doubt we'll see the next gen consoles fully before 2020. (Maybe a reveal next year at E3 perhaps, but a commercial release and on the shelves?  Nah.)

fdiuhywsu
59 minutes ago, Xerukal said:

How could they justify a next gen remastered version for this game this time though? First person view is already in, and thanks to mid-gen consoles the jump in graphics/texture quality would be much smaller than the x360/ps3 to xbox1/ps4 one. Also ps5/scarlet will probably be backward compatible.

Edited by fdiuhywsu

TagoKG

Ign spain confirm pc port for early next year (idk we only can hope ) https://clips.twitch.tv/SeductiveSucculentWalletPraiseIt is in spanish

the guy say the game will release in pc in early 2019 and yan say juny or july 2019 so we only can hope

Uncle Sikee Atric
2 minutes ago, TagoKG said:

Ign spain confirm pc port for early next year (idk we only can hope ) https://clips.twitch.tv/SeductiveSucculentWalletPraiseIt is in spanish

the guy say the game will release in pc in early 2019 and yan say juny or july 2019 so we only can hope

They'll say anything for clickbait....

Next summer, maybe, but early next year is too soon.  We'll still be in the Beta for RDRO and that'll be over before a PC version appears.

Xerukal
9 minutes ago, fdiuhywsu said:

How could they justify a next gen remastered version for this game this time though? First person view is already in, and thanks to mid-gen consoles the jump in graphics/texture quality would be much smaller than the x360/ps3 to xbox1/ps4 one. Also ps5/scarlet will probably be backward compatible.

That's very true. RDR2 isn't nearly as limited by current hardware, even the non-Pro PS4 and non-X One. It would be a way tougher sell this time around. 

I can't help but feel this game is "destined" to be on PC. Lots of PC gamers enjoy realistic games, and I've even heard RDR2 catch some slack from some reviewers over some of its more extreme realism elements. Plus, the first person mode basically turns it into Call of Juarez, which makes me beyond f*cking ecstatic. 

Quenai
1 minute ago, Xerukal said:

That's very true. RDR2 isn't nearly as limited by current hardware, even the non-Pro PS4 and non-X One. It would be a way tougher sell this time around. 

I can't help but feel this game is "destined" to be on PC. Lots of PC gamers enjoy realistic games, and I've even heard RDR2 catch some slack from some reviewers over some of its more extreme realism elements. Plus, the first person mode basically turns it into Call of Juarez, which makes me beyond f*cking ecstatic. 

Talking about Call of Juarez,is a good game?Is worth buying now?

TagoKG

we only can hope .will wait for -50% for buy this game or get the free edition for test it first ,there's no way i pay again 100% price like what i did for gta V

Edited by TagoKG

fdiuhywsu
16 minutes ago, TagoKG said:

Is he just guessing or he has a source? Anyway that would mean announcement in january/february and release in april, so right at the beginning of the new fiscal year, seems a little too optimistic to me.

Edited by fdiuhywsu

Quenai
16 minutes ago, TagoKG said:

I doubt we gonna get anything this early.I think we gonna have some news after April

Choteron
1 hour ago, Xerukal said:

This is only the beginning. We'll be hitting GTA V PC levels of madness within months. 

I can't imagine the wait being much worse than GTA V, tbh. RDR2 was announced two years ago already. By the time it's expected to come out on PC, it should be slightly less or slightly more than 3 years of total wait. Still less than GTA V, overall. 

We need to see the positive things. This wait will be nothing compared to the wait for GTA 6 Vice City for next gen consoles.

Uncle Sikee Atric
Just now, Choteron said:

We need to see the positive things. This wait will be nothing compared to the wait for GTA 6 Vice City for next gen consoles.

Don't even start guessing where GTA VI 'will be located'....  There's plenty of polls for that sort of rubbish in the GTA NEXT sub-forum.  Go there.

Choteron

13 minutes ago, Quenai said:

Talking about Call of Juarez,is a good game?Is worth buying now?

yes is amazing but wait for the 29 (steam sales)

2 minutes ago, Uncle Sikee Atric said:

Don't even start guessing where GTA VI 'will be located'....  There's plenty of polls for that sort of rubbish in the GTA NEXT sub-forum.  Go there.

Im only saying that the wait for GTA 6 will be worse, nothing else.

Edited by Choteron

Uncle Sikee Atric
7 minutes ago, Choteron said:

giphy.gif

Choteron

Anybody is reading the reviews? Im only watching the screenshots of the reviews 😂

Uncle Sikee Atric

Not bothered with the reviews.  IGN gave it 10 as I saw the score on my FB feed....

There's other games the consoles and reviewers miss that are damn near perfect.  The most recent example is CrossCode, it's been missed by pretty much everyone but those in the know.  Go and check that out and read the few reviews out there. 

PS : The game really IS that good, I'm about 40 hours in so far on my first playthrough.

Ash_735

I don't doubt it's good, but I'm just not interested in hearing paid off reviews, especially places like GTA Net, GTA Series, etc, etc, as they've all been given the games and the merch to say positive things about it and Red Dead Online. 

RadioActiveLobster

So back in the olden days before the PS4/XBone/PC versions of GTA V were announced there was data found on the PS3 game disc that pointed towards all of them being in development.

Anyone know if anyone has gotten the chance to take a peek at the data on the discs yet to hunt for clues?

Xerukal

Are the current gen discs accessible in the same way, though? Can people just peek inside?

Spider-Vice

Nope. We'll need someone with a hacked PS4 to do a file dump. Also I'm 150% sure there will be PC stuff in the files. In fact, the Xbox One build is a PC build I'm almost certain, the link to the preload files refers to a "x64" build tag which is PC (and can also be Xbox, same OS, same architecture...)

Uncle Sikee Atric
2 minutes ago, Xerukal said:

Are the current gen discs accessible in the same way, though? Can people just peek inside?

There's so much data downloaded, the real dirty detail will not be on the data disc.

Ash_735
1 hour ago, Spider-Vice said:

Nope. We'll need someone with a hacked PS4 to do a file dump. Also I'm 150% sure there will be PC stuff in the files. In fact, the Xbox One build is a PC build I'm almost certain, the link to the preload files refers to a "x64" build tag which is PC (and can also be Xbox, same OS, same architecture...)

And even then, let's assume they'll pack EVERYTHING tight into archives again, OpenIV Team would have made a deal to NOT touch these files for some time.

Slappy212

Some of the sim-like design elements sound like a developer had OCD and couldn't help but make things too realistic, ie; a pain in the ass. I hope some of this can be modded out. I don't need to see him skin every single animal, loot every person, go to a stable just to rename a horse, have limited fast travel and inventory etc. 

Edited by Slappy212

OpenIV Team
4 hours ago, Spider-Vice said:

Even though all three version is x64 they are all different builds. Xbox one version is not the same as Windows (close enough, but still not the same).
Meaning all three version have different root folder/archives, different resource extention, different build tag etc.

3 hours ago, Ash_735 said:

And even then, let's assume they'll pack EVERYTHING tight into archives again, OpenIV Team would have made a deal to NOT touch these files for some time.

No deal needed since RDR2 requires PS4 6.00 and it wasn't hacked yet, so not sure that files will be available anytime soon.

Spider-Vice
5 hours ago, OpenIV Team said:

Even though all three version is x64 they are all different builds. Xbox one version is not the same as Windows (close enough, but still not the same).

Oh yeah of course, even GTA V has "x64", "xboxone" and "PS4" but I found it interesting that the RDR2 Xbox preload link was called "RED2_x64".

Xerukal

Wonder if the companion app datamining will yield anything. Can't remember if GTA V's app had any references to PC.

Edited by Xerukal

Spider-Vice

Unfortunately the companion app's files are enclosed in RPF files... Only some audio file strings are readable, the rest isn't. Smart.

OpenIV Team
15 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

Unfortunately the companion app's files are enclosed in RPF files... Only some audio file strings are readable, the rest isn't. Smart.

What RPF?

Spider-Vice
19 minutes ago, OpenIV Team said:

What RPF?

This is the contents of the Android OBB file for the Companion App:

lOzqdLK.png 

Lubas
3 hours ago, Spider-Vice said:

This is the contents of the Android OBB file for the Companion App:

lOzqdLK.png 

So I guess RPF files aren't readable by any proram as of yet?

Sorry if I'm asking a stupid question, I'm not aware of these stuff