4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

AxA

RDR2 PC Discussion

AxA

is RDR2 coming for PC? 

Morgan

Yes. A year maybe two after release on consoles. No confirmation/sources yet but this is how R* does it (like GTAV)

ThereIsNoBathroom
1 hour ago, AxA said:

is RDR2 coming for PC? 

No doubts. 

MARKUS.

RDR1 didn’t reach PC. But people says that is due to the lame physics and bugs which had lots! It was based on the same engine of GTA IV but worse

But seems that there’s hopes with RDR2 since they are rebuilding the engine

Pocket Fox
29 minutes ago, MARKUS. said:

RDR1 didn’t reach PC. But people says that is due to the lame physics and bugs which had lots! It was based on the same engine of GTA IV but worse

But seems that there’s hopes with RDR2 since they are rebuilding the engine

Consoles also reigned supreme then. I also recall the team who worked on RDR1 saying R* was very rough on them, cracking the whip as it were. So I imagine most were happy to ship the game and get a break.

Now however PC has a much larger slice of the pie and I understand the architecture of PS4/X1 make PC ports easier.

So, I do hope we get a PC port. I'd expect one anywhere between April 2019 - November 2019.

H3nri3

Rockstar Loves Money, GTA V made a TON of Money on PC... RDRII Will come TO PC!! Next Year!! :) I hope... lol

Xerukal

Officially, no. Unofficially, most definitely. 

Just a matter of patience & skillfully dodging spoilers. 

MARKUS.
20 minutes ago, H3nri3 said:

Rockstar Loves Money, GTA V made a TON of Money on PC... RDRII Will come TO PC!! Next Year!! :) I hope... lol

Shark cards would be bags of gold n treasures

The FoolYT

Pretty much guaranteed. They have all studios working on this and and have been in production for like 6+years. Not releasing it on PC would be stupid. However, they want people to double dip so they are keeping PC release back for a few months. (Probably somewhere around Feb-April time) 

Choteron
Posted (edited)

Is there an already official RDR 2 PC discussion post?

If not, will be cool have one

Edited by Choteron
bad writing

Uncle Sikee Atric

I'd say, possibly, not absolutely....

R* have deals with the consoles that mean they have to release there first and then PC versions have to wait for at least six months, it's been that way since GTA 3.

While RDR1 never came to PC, it's highly doubtful RDR2 will follow the same path and not have a PC release.  You have to remember the XBoxOne is basically a stripped out PC, especially when Windows 10 is taken into account, so a PC client almost certainly exists within the R* offices.

It's more a question of, 'will R* allow a PC release?'  Rather than, 'can R* release a PC version?'

(PS : I hope they do, it'll be the only way I play RDR2.)

Uncle Sikee Atric
2 minutes ago, Am Shaegar said:

Yo

While that one does exist, it's been 9 months since a post.  Let's leave that one alone and not have a necro.

Choteron
Just now, Uncle Sikee Atric said:

While that one does exist, it's been 9 months since a post.  Let's leave that one alone and not have a necro.

Yes, but that post is not pinned. Would be cool have a RDR 2 PC post pinned that everybody can see it.

Uncle Sikee Atric
2 minutes ago, Choteron said:

Yes, but that post is not pinned. Would be cool have a RDR 2 PC post pinned that everybody can see it.

That's not going to happen until a PC release is confirmed, then a sub-forum will be formed no doubt.

For now, an entrance in any Q&A that is formed will suffice.

gonnaenodaethat
Posted (edited)

Once you complete the storyline on the PC version the credits run bladdy blah blah, they finish and a screen pops up and the voice of the stranger starts talking::

The past is behind you John

What is done is done

Do you wish to see your future

And draw the story to a close?

Press No & It sends you to the buy Buckeroos page of RDR II Online

Press Yes & RDR I Super Dooper Enhanced PC version boots up

You can thank me later 

Edited by gonnaenodaethat
for flowery embelishment

BUT THE BENZ
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, AxA said:

is RDR2 coming for PC? 

no it is not! the theory goes as follows:

RDR2 is the last game from R*, after that the gaming department will shut down and the houser snakes will continue to write a tv series. the developing lads will find jobs elsewhere, EVERYWHERE...

in light of all that and with the "history" of Red Dead being a console-exclusive franchise ever since its existence, in order to make it a last lucrative gold rush of it the ULTIMATE but also LAST scheeme R*ONY and MicR*osoft have agreed to deceive upon, is going down!

as in NO, the game will remain console-exclusive in order to push the consoles, the "trio" conspired to do so!

#fact

kifflom!

Edited by BUT THE BENZ

Ash_735

Ask next fiscal year. 

Uncle Sikee Atric
1 hour ago, Ash_735 said:

Ask next fiscal year. 

Not a bad shout to be honest.

Six months after October is next fiscal year, late(ish) April.  So an announcement around that point for a launch, three months later, isn't far wrong.

Faraday

It's coming. The only reason we haven't gotten an official statement is greed

Lock n' Stock

I am fairly certain that it will get a PC release in due time. Whatever prevented the original from getting as such is unknown, but I'm certain R* won't make the same mistake twice.

Faraday
4 hours ago, Lock n' Stock said:

I am fairly certain that it will get a PC release in due time. Whatever prevented the original from getting as such is unknown, but I'm certain R* won't make the same mistake twice.

Oh, it won't be a mistake this time. Believe me. It's fine by me if they wanna polish the pc edition for a couple of months. But they are keeping the whole thing silent., forcing the hands of the fans. For all I know the game is never coming to pc, so I'll just buy the game for ps4... And then they hope I'll buy it again 12 months later

Allow me to quote myself

Due to recent news, my gears have really started grinding again

I don't know if this fits in here, or in the infamous Bitch & Moan Thread. Probably the latter.

But is it just me that thinks Take-Two is purely malicious regarding the whole PC edition of the game. We KNOW Rockstar has made an engine that works flawlessly on computers, and with old and recent proof, it is almost guaranteed that the game will be released for pc at some point.

Players have waited for this game for over 8 years, and a lot of them wish to experience this game at it's greatest. Which is not on a console, at 30 fps.. 

Why do they yet choose to screw the consumers? Why don't they give any official statement regarding the whole PC release?

If I knew that a release on Steam was only 5 to 6 months away, I would easily skip the console release. But nah, I'll probably buy the game twice. And meet their expectations.

BUT THE BENZ

you know you could just not buy it for the console....and wait...and either play the game later, or never...

MostWantedMVP
Posted (edited)

I think it'll come at a later date.

Edited by MostWantedMVP

Xerukal
On 8/16/2018 at 5:49 PM, Uncle Sikee Atric said:

R* have deals with the consoles that mean they have to release there first and then PC versions have to wait for at least six months, it's been that way since GTA 3.

Wasn't that a Sony thing? I'm pretty sure there's no mutual agreement between all three parties (MS, Sony and R*). 

Chalk

Whilst there haven't been anything official announce an educated guess would be they would follow a pattern along the lines of GTAV for PC. There is enough evidence to suggest that a PC version would be significantly easier to create then the original RDR ever was. In addition the fact that over the past few years they've advertised for developers/programmers to port "current and future titles" to PC leads me to believe that this is something they really want to get right. Rockstar don't do half measures, and if something isn't going to work they aren't likely to spend much time on it, as seen by never having RDR on PC.

Basically the idea is that there is a very high possibility of a PC release eventually. I just wouldn't expect it within 12 months of the console release.

Uncle Sikee Atric
1 hour ago, Xerukal said:

Wasn't that a Sony thing? I'm pretty sure there's no mutual agreement between all three parties (MS, Sony and R*). 

It was originally, but MS never queried the agreement and Sony never stopped R* releasing equally on other consoles, only a PC release.

The fact the 'agreement' still stands to this day is a little surprising since cross-platform is becoming ever more practical, especially between XBox and PC (not saying cross platform RDR2 is possible, but it must be considered theoretically).  You'd think Sony would try to limit another consoles' release if they wanted to maintain their 'exclusivity' and prevent cross-platform shenanigans elsewhere, doubly so if it could hit their sales in the long run.

Spadeflush

Rockstar San Diego is the main developer behind this, and their games never get PC ports(Red Dead series, Midnight Club series).

That said, this game has way too big of a budget for it to not receive a PC port for additional sales.

Rockstar said in a newswire that they would've brought RDR1 to PC if it was feasible. RDR1 uses a version of RAGE that no other game uses, they'd have to port the game to a newer version of RAGE, and its also well known that the game internally has messy coding and uncompressed assets and stuff. The game is inseparable from the PS3/360 architecture. 

Ash_735
45 minutes ago, Uncle Sikee Atric said:

It was originally, but MS never queried the agreement and Sony never stopped R* releasing equally on other consoles, only a PC release.

The fact the 'agreement' still stands to this day is a little surprising since cross-platform is becoming ever more practical, especially between XBox and PC (not saying cross platform RDR2 is possible, but it must be considered theoretically).  You'd think Sony would try to limit another consoles' release if they wanted to maintain their 'exclusivity' and prevent cross-platform shenanigans elsewhere, doubly so if it could hit their sales in the long run.

Stop making stuff up, you're assuming an age old exclusive deal Sony had with Rockstar back in the PS2 era is still in effect, it's not. 

The last Exclusive deal Rockstar made was when they switched out L.A.Noire for Agent in the Ps3 era, before that they had a timed exclusive deal with Microsoft for GTA IV and its DLC. After that they've only made marketing and promo deals. 

If Sony had a deal then it would be the same one they've had with many other developers this gen, "Console Exclusive" where a pc release can be done as well. As you put it, it doesn't make sense for them to make a deal to allow it on a rival console, this whole "Console Makers hate PC and are preventing games from being released" thing is honestly just childish wild speculation. 

RDR1 never came out on PC due to the entire spaghetti mess the games code is, on the plus side it pushed Rockstar to overhaul RAGE and we got to see that in Max Payne 3 onwards, the REAL reason you don't get a PC release right away is because Rockstar and Take-Two have mastered the "double dip" where they can release one game and spread it over multiple fiscal years to maximise shares and profits. 

GTAV PC was done at the same time as the PS4/XB1 versions, and then was just kept up to date with the same patches until funnily enough it was allowed on PC in a new fiscal year. GTAV was sold over THREE fiscal years and caused insane profits, it's a tactic they'll do again for RDR2, you'll see a PC version after April 2019, depending on how successful Red Dead Online is. 

Xerukal

I mean, we'll be perfectly lucky if they only stretch it until May or so. After what happened with V. There's no transition in console gen to help them triple dip though.

Spadeflush

"Theres nothing like double dipping that sweet fine PC release".

That is what you tell people who ask about the PC release. I'm not even a PC gamer but I do sympathize for people who think this is a major inconvenience.