Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Diamond Casino Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA 6

      1. St Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

    6. GTA Vice City Stories

    7. GTA Liberty City Stories

    8. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    9. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    10. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    11. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Haxardous

RDR2 PC Discussion & Speculation

RDR2 PC   

182 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. When do you think RDR2 PC is coming?

    • During the Holidays
      101
    • Past the Holidays
      81
  2. 2. BONUS: Would you be willing to bet your account for a wrong answer? (You can make a new account after the fact - staff is exempt)

    • Yes!
      37
    • Lol no, corrupt staff!1!1!!
      145


Recommended Posts

custdogg
4 minutes ago, MrPhillips said:

They are good developers. But R*/T2 are not those who should learn from someone. They are far more experienced than CDPR. And developers should only care about their product quality. 

Im pretty sure CDPR care about their product quality. Witcher 3 is one of the best games of all time and the dlc's were up there with the best ever dlc's as well. 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrQuiche
20 minutes ago, MrPhillips said:

They are good developers. But R*/T2 are not those who should learn from someone. They are far more experienced than CDPR. And developers should only care about their product quality. 

They're both great devs but CD Project Red care more about their fans than R* does and R* marketing/communication strategy is really... sh*tty (it's the right word), they could at least tell us there's a PC version on the way like  @Asisvénia said earlier.

 

They only do this type of thing when they delay their games, it's always a "We're sorry for delaying the release but we wanna make sure it's the best possible" and everytime their games are great and well-made but they never say we're working on something but we're not ready to talk or show something about it, please be patient and i can f*cking deal with this because i know that something is on the work and i understand that some problems can show up.

 

I don't even care about a release date, i just want them to say that a PC version is being worked on. That's it., it's not that hard and it would boost up T2 stock because hype.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason
9 hours ago, RedIndianRobin said:

E3 was the best timeframe to announce the game for PC to build hype but they didn't. Remember when GTA V for announced for PC/Next gen during E3 and everyone went nuts. 

 

Since they didn't announce it during E3, doesn't make sense to announce it on a random day on newswire.

This is true for a lot of developers, but Rockstar are known for literally picking a random day and going "that'll do" for announcing new titles on their social media and Newswire. It's how they announced the biggest game of all time, GTA V and it's how they announced RDR2.

 

The revisionism every time Rockstar don't appear at E3 is honestly craycray. Like I said before, there's nothing to learn or deduce from Rockstar not attending E3. They just don't do anything there publicly outside of rare exceptions.

Edited by Jason
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinsengElixir

E3 isn't this magical window where only thibgs can get a reveal.

 

R* are so big they can announce whenever. They're probably too big for E3 as it is.

2 hours ago, custdogg said:

Im pretty sure CDPR care about their product quality. Witcher 3 is one of the best games of all time and the dlc's were up there with the best ever dlc's as well. 

 

TW3 dlcs were superior to most devs main game content. f*cking masterful!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
darksats
55 minutes ago, GinsengElixir said:

E3 isn't this magical window where only thibgs can get a reveal.

 

R* are so big they can announce whenever. They're probably too big for E3 as it is.

TW3 dlcs were superior to most devs main game content. f*cking masterful!

I have played witcher 3 and its the best game i have played after san andreas and assasins creed 2. i havn't played rdr 2 and i guess witcher 3 is better than rdr2 gameplay wise by seeing the gameplay videos. witcher 3 has everything done right except for the main storyline. its a 9.6 game for me. ac 2 - 9.7 and gta sa - 9.8.

Edited by darksats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blendi-
5 hours ago, Fetooh said:

Look how CDPR is treating PC gamers,  PC sales was even better than consoles(The Witcher 3).

Cyberpunk 2077 available everywhere even in epic store. 

And it's already topping charts(number 1 now on steam). 

R*/T2 should learn how to treat their fans especially, PC gamers, their games should be available everywhere and the sales will automatically come. 

Facts, facts and facts. PC version of The Witcher 3 sold way more than both consoles combined.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fetooh
6 hours ago, MrPhillips said:

developers should only care about their product quality. 

Well the way the company treat their community is very important to me too. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
custdogg
1 hour ago, Fetooh said:

Well the way the company treat their community is very important to me too. 

Exactly, Bethesda are a perfect example for this. Literally treat fans of their games like garbage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrPhillips
1 hour ago, Fetooh said:

Well the way the company treat their community is very important to me too. 

I prefer quality over public image stunts.

 

4 hours ago, darksats said:

I have played witcher 3 and its the best game i have played after san andreas and assasins creed 2. i havn't played rdr 2 and i guess witcher 3 is better than rdr2 gameplay wise by seeing the gameplay videos. witcher 3 has everything done right except for the main storyline. its a 9.6 game for me. ac 2 - 9.7 and gta sa - 9.8.

RDR 2 is way, way better game than Witcher 3. Don't get me wrong, Witcher 3 is an excellent game, but RDR 2 is simply better in every aspect.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinsengElixir
57 minutes ago, MrPhillips said:

 

 

RDR 2 is way, way better game than Witcher 3. Don't get me wrong, Witcher 3 is an excellent game, but RDR 2 is simply better in every aspect.

Subjective. It's quite close don't get me wrong, but I personally found TW3 edged it. The strategy of combat, the depth of side quests, the world building, the relationships between characters, the politics of the world, the choices you can make which have real consequences...wish I could play for the first time again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
custdogg
59 minutes ago, GinsengElixir said:

Subjective. It's quite close don't get me wrong, but I personally found TW3 edged it. The strategy of combat, the depth of side quests, the world building, the relationships between characters, the politics of the world, the choices you can make which have real consequences...wish I could play for the first time again.

Totally agree if you could combine the best of both games it would be the perfect game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DrDetroit

The Witcher 3 and subsequent DLCs were simply amazing (PC).  The story, the characters, the environment, controls, everything was just amazing.  Mission playthrough is how it should be - very little hand holding.  Character development in the story was done very well with the way the story is written.  With that said, aside from Geralt, my fav is Yennifer, but damn if Siri wasn't amazing as well.

 

Anyhow, RDR2 is just as incredible as well.  Everything about it is top notch, but R* missions and the scripted playthrough is a tad bit tiring.  

 

IDK, but I think TW3 might edge out RDR2 just for that reason.  However, that hasn't stopped me from just completing my 3rd playthrough in RDR2 and working at the 100% completion (currently 93.3%) after about 800+ hours.

Edited by DrDetroit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason

Witcher 3 combat was pretty average tbh, there was some strategy when you were hunting stuff (picking right poisons or w/e) but the actual combat its self was very shallow, it's one of the more criticised parts of the game by far from what I've seen. It also didn't control particularly well to the point that CDPR added an optional mode to improve how responsive it was. The rest of the game though was bloody brilliant, the side quests in particular, which raised the bar for side quests in RPG's and I think the only game that has matched that level since is actually RDR2. Open world wise they do different things, an RPG open world is always going to be very different from an open world like RDR2's.

 

Both games are in that group of games for game of the gen for sure though. Cyberpunk may very well be in that group as well, which would be some achievement for a company the size of CDPR to produce two games of the gen in a single generation, especially when you consider the scale of W3/CP2077.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedIndianRobin

PC gamers should start pretending that R* doesn't exist.

 

Give us an yes or no answer. Does the PC version exists? Yes? Good. No? Ok fine. But if you STFU and keep people in the dark, that is just like treating us as f*cking dogs. Speak the f*ck up or GTFO. Scumbag pricks. 

 

Anywho, I'd rather give money to other developers who are releasing PC games day one with all features and good optimization and with RTX support. CDPR, Ubisoft, Square Enix, Crystal Dynamics, Microsoft, hell even EA with their new SW game, will have my money. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinsengElixir
3 hours ago, DrDetroit said:

The Witcher 3 and subsequent DLCs were simply amazing (PC).  The story, the characters, the environment, controls, everything was just amazing.  Mission playthrough is how it should be - very little hand holding.  Character development in the story was done very well with the way the story is written.  With that said, aside from Geralt, my fav is Yennifer, but damn if Siri wasn't amazing as well.

 

Anyhow, RDR2 is just as incredible as well.  Everything about it is top notch, but R* missions and the scripted playthrough is a tad bit tiring.  

 

IDK, but I think TW3 might edge out RDR2 just for that reason.  However, that hasn't stopped me from just completing my 3rd playthrough in RDR2 and working at the 100% completion (currently 93.3%) after about 800+ hours.

The missions, or quests, are exactly why TW3 tops RDR2. I mean really theres no point comparing, they are very different games, but TW3 main quests felt very engaging and deep, whereas RDR2 main missions are 90% the same thing, different paint job. Which is R* formula so not expecting much else. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blendi-
4 hours ago, RedIndianRobin said:

PC gamers should start pretending that R* doesn't exist.

 

Give us an yes or no answer. Does the PC version exists? Yes? Good. No? Ok fine. But if you STFU and keep people in the dark, that is just like treating us as f*cking dogs. Speak the f*ck up or GTFO. Scumbag pricks. 

 

Anywho, I'd rather give money to other developers who are releasing PC games day one with all features and good optimization and with RTX support. CDPR, Ubisoft, Square Enix, Crystal Dynamics, Microsoft, hell even EA with their new SW game, will have my money. 

True as hell, we can wait, thing is give us some f*cking info atleast.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fetooh

https://imgur.com/fcOTsQo

 

RDR2 possible soundtrack release date(leaked) 

 

What do you think? July-September announcement is so possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xerukal

About damn time. Can't remember the last time it took a publisher 7-9 months to push out an official release of their game's soundtrack. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fetooh
52 minutes ago, Xerukal said:

About damn time. Can't remember the last time it took a publisher 7-9 months to push out an official release of their game's soundtrack. 

I am curious to know the reason why? A damn soundtrack in 7-9 months, come on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blendi-

What a joke, 7 months to release the games soundtrack lmaooo.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrPhillips
17 minutes ago, Blendi- said:

What a joke, 7 months to release the games soundtrack lmaooo.

Wow, it seems like you are expert in gaming industry and you are now being a smartass with your comment. You can't judge if you don't know what is happening inside the company.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Sikee Atric
10 minutes ago, MrPhillips said:

Wow, it seems like you are expert in gaming industry and you are now being a smartass with your comment. You can't judge if you don't know what is happening inside the company.

 

Watch your words please and stop the namecalling.

 

I know a lot of people in this thread are fustrated and there's a few members who could really benefit from taking a few days out of it (not in a Mod way, just some time to chill).  But we don't want it locked again because things get out of hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xerukal

Bit off topic, but wow... the casino update is actually happening after 6 years. 

 

 

I remember how much people wanted this back in the day. Better late than never, I suppose? Same could be said for RDR2 PC. Rockstar is slow as sh*t.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrPhillips
3 minutes ago, Xerukal said:

Bit off topic, but wow... the casino update is actually happening after 6 years. 

 

 

  Hide contents

 

 

 

I remember how much people wanted this back in the day. Better late than never, I suppose? Same could be said for RDR2 PC. Rockstar is slow as sh*t.

 

I prefer slow, careful and quality development over "every year new Assasins Creed" that is forgetable.

Edited by MrPhillips

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blendi-
51 minutes ago, MrPhillips said:

Wow, it seems like you are expert in gaming industry and you are now being a smartass with your comment. You can't judge if you don't know what is happening inside the company.

Well I might not know sh*t about gaming industry but all I know is R* is one greddy *.* worse than EA.

Edited by Uncle Sikee Atric
Removing the naughty words.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Sikee Atric
17 minutes ago, Blendi- said:

Well I might not know sh*t about gaming industry but all I know is R* is one greddy *.* worse than EA.

 

44 minutes ago, Uncle Sikee Atric said:

Watch your words please and stop the namecalling.

 

Same here as the previous warning.

 

I will shut the thread down if necessary and let everyone have a cooling off phase.  I don't mind being without this thread for a few weeks, don't give me an excuse!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kabbee
1 hour ago, Xerukal said:

Bit off topic, but wow... the casino update is actually happening after 6 years. 

 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

 

I remember how much people wanted this back in the day. Better late than never, I suppose? Same could be said for RDR2 PC. Rockstar is slow as sh*t.

 

I somehow get this feeling we wont see anything related to RDR2 PC in a while because of this. I was super exited for the Casino in 2013 and 2014 so it feels kinda late now...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrPhillips
1 hour ago, Blendi- said:

Well I might not know sh*t about gaming industry but all I know is R* is one greddy *.* worse than EA.

You just assumed that there is company worse than EA? Oh boy you are so naive. Rockstar adds free DLCs and EA makes DLCs from original game for 50 bucks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spider-Vice

In addition to Sikee's warning, off-topic posts will be deleted without warning.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Western Gunslinger

I'll give R* 2 month to announce RDR2 on PC, if not then I don't care anymore

Edited by Hot Pursuit
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.