Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Haxardous

RDR2 PC Discussion & Speculation

Recommended Posts

MrQuiche
10 minutes ago, Hayden_ said:

Remember, that's only on Steam. You can get the game cheaper on the Rockstar Games website so I expect there are quite a few players from that platform.

I'm one of them,i guess but we can't know so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrQuiche
Posted (edited)

In my country,the game price has been lowered to 39.99€ for the physical versions of Amazon,Cultura,Cdiscount,Boulanger,they are big resellers in France and might have receive something from Take-Two to lower the price . I think it could mean that the sales are now kinda dead and they want to remove the last ones in the stock. Could this mean that a PC version announcement is near?

 

Edited by MrQuiche

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fetooh
5 hours ago, Hayden_ said:

Remember, that's only on Steam. You can get the game cheaper on the Rockstar Games website so I expect there are quite a few players from that platform.

Yup, nearly 13m copies sold in steam only, that's a pretty good number though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrQuiche
2 minutes ago, Fetooh said:

Yup, nearly 13m copies sold in steam only, that's a pretty good number though.

Where did you see a number so precise, i could only find this estimation on Steamdb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fdiuhywsu
7 minutes ago, MrQuiche said:

Could this mean that a PC version announcement is near?

Difficult to say, the are a lot of factors to consider other than the game's price being lowered. If they are planning a summer release the PC announcement could be really near, if like it seems more probable they are going for a fall release the announcement could still be months away.

 

7 minutes ago, MrQuiche said:

Where did you see a number so precise, i could only find this estimation on Steamdb 

I think they are the numbers from this leak , it's several months old data though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrQuiche

The peak of GTA V players count only Steam is 364,548(at launch day),if you take the price of the pre-order that were of 59.99€ and multiply it by the player count you get this. 59.99€ x 364 548=21 869 234.52€

Keep in mind that it's only the Steam version.

This result clearly proves that GTA V only in Steam sold well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ScrappyBauer
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, MrQuiche said:

The peak of GTA V players count only Steam is 364,548(at launch day),if you take the price of the pre-order that were of 59.99€ and multiply it by the player count you get this. 59.99€ x 364 548=21 869 234.52€

Keep in mind that it's only the Steam version.

This result clearly proves that GTA V only in Steam sold well.

Remember that Steam takes a big cut.

Edited by ScrappyBauer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hayden_
20 minutes ago, ScrappyBauer said:

Remember that Steam takes a big cut.

Luckily Valve introduced a system where if the game made x amount of sales, they would take a smaller cut. I believe it's:

$10,000,000 = 25% cut for Valve

$50,000,000 = 20% cut for Valve

 

This would increase the chances of it coming to Steam and away from the sh*t Epic Games store.

1 minute ago, Hayden_ said:

Luckily Valve introduced a system where if the game made x amount of sales, they would take a smaller cut. I believe it's:

$10,000,000 = 25% cut for Valve

$50,000,000 = 20% cut for Valve

 

This would increase the chances of it coming to Steam and away from the sh*t Epic Games store.

“Starting from October 1, 2018 (i.e. revenues prior to that date are not included), when a game makes over $10 million on Steam, the revenue share for that application will adjust to 75 percent/25 percent on earnings beyond $10 million,” Valve wrote in the official blog post. “At $50 million, the revenue share will adjust to 80 percent/20 percent on earnings beyond $50 million. Revenue includes game packages, DLC, in-game sales, and Community Marketplace game fees. Our hope is this change will reward the positive network effects generated by developers of big games, further aligning their interests with Steam and the community.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MostWantedMVP
On 3/5/2019 at 9:30 PM, Jason said:

To be fair, at the rate they're currently going, a couple more medium/big patches is about 2 more years of waiting. :lol:

 

After the frustration of the RDR2 marketing, I don't think I could put up with another 2 years of drought. I guess we'll just be waiting for Rockstar to take there time as usual to announce a PC version. Sometime this spring is preferable though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fdiuhywsu
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, ScrappyBauer said:

Remember that Steam takes a big cut.

As Hayden_ already said Steam doesn't always take 30% anymore, but apart from that, it was a big cut for sure but it's the same cut Sony and Microsoft have always taken and still take for games released on their consoles.

Edited by fdiuhywsu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kabbee

What are the odds that we see a announcement these coming weeks? I dont think its to far fetched to speculate about that since RDO isn't doing so well so they might want to get some hype for their game and also get some goodwill. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hayden_
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, kabbee said:

What are the odds that we see a announcement these coming weeks? I dont think its to far fetched to speculate about that since RDO isn't doing so well so they might want to get some hype for their game and also get some goodwill. 

I mean there's no evidence that a trailer will come out any time soon but we can only hope. I believe the chances are very slim.

Edited by Hayden_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Choteron

How much time will be between the announcement and the release date? Would be amazing if is a short time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hayden_
1 minute ago, Choteron said:

How much time will be between the announcement and the release date? Would be amazing if is a short time.

GTA 5 for next gen was announced June 2014. The Xbox One and PS4 version were released in November 2014 and the PC version in April 2015. I believe we won't have to wait as long from announcement to release like GTA 5 as there isn't another platform being developed for. I think we can expect about 5 months or so like Xbox One & PS4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kabbee
2 minutes ago, Choteron said:

How much time will be between the announcement and the release date? Would be amazing if is a short time.

I can see around 1 and half month to around 3 months. In that time they have gotten hype for the pc version and also gotten some preorders for the game. Longer then that would be weird considering its just a pc version not a brand new game they can delay several times. But since R* treats the pc community like garbage no one can know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrQuiche

I think we'll hear something in May like midlle-end May and a release for like September-October

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
diegocoquiii
2 hours ago, MrQuiche said:

I think we'll hear something in May like midlle-end May and a release for like September-October

1 year doing a port when they have an xbox version that is similar to a PC ... and they also have the 4k textures (xbox one X). We should change the score of gta v in steam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrQuiche
47 minutes ago, diegocoquiii said:

1 year doing a port when they have an xbox version that is similar to a PC ... and they also have the 4k textures (xbox one X). We should change the score of gta v in steam.

That just doesn't work like that,newer consoles may have almost the same architecture as Windows PC but that doesn't mean that you can take the data and map the controls for a mouse and a keyboard and change the number version and call it PC and call it done,you need to make it work for both AMD and Nvidia technology,recompile it to make the extension files work on a PC,add the Social Club launcher because you can actually open it on PC,obviously you need to map the controls(and think about how you map them,obviously you won't put the Forward Input on the P letter),make an options menu with switchable graphics option and resolution and framerate. There's still plenty things that i don't know about how to make a PC game or simply didn't think about it.

 

At the end,what i wanna say is it's not only a job of doing a CTRL+C and CTRL+V and call it done. I'm pretty sure that it's not even a port and that it was in development at the same time as the XONE and PS4 versions like GTA V,i'm pretty sure that the first trailer of RDR2 was captured on a High-End PC and that the consoles versions are just downgraded ones from the PC version like GTA V

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xerukal
Posted (edited)

Not to mention they're probably taking the time to test the game on a wider range of hardware, much like GTA V. It's crucial to the Online component that the game be as optimized as possible for the lower end. More players, more money. That's why I roll my eyes at people suggesting RDR2 will "demand" ultra high-end sh*t to run acceptably, just because the game is visually striking. 

 

I personally can't wait to see the progress Rockstar's PC guys have made. The leap from GTA IV to MP3 was amazing, and the progress GTA V PC showed was just as impressive. I guess my hope is that, since they're sitting on the damn thing anyway, they may as well get to work on implementing some extra options for people who care. I would love to see it launch with a much-improved Rockstar Editor, as well.

Edited by Xerukal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fetooh
5 hours ago, kabbee said:

I can see around 1 and half month to around 3 months. In that time they have gotten hype for the pc version and also gotten some preorders for the game. Longer then that would be weird considering its just a pc version not a brand new game they can delay several times. But since R* treats the pc community like garbage no one can know. 

Let's hope they announce it first , because i am starting to doubt now....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kabbee
33 minutes ago, Fetooh said:

Let's hope they announce it first , because i am starting to doubt now....

If they dont do it by or in the summer im gonna bite the bullet and but it on my ps4, but that what they want.... Actually i kinda regret not getting it for ps4 on release since i thought the wait wouldnt be more then a few months and i have already gotten some story stuff spoiled for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pentraksil

Annoucement is not really connected to the developement of PC version IMO. It is now just typical marketing wait. They might polish it a bit, do some deal with Nvidia drivers and the Ray-tracing.....but I think that the PC version is all but done by now. Now the waiting game....

 

 

I don't know why, but I somehow have a feeling that we will hear something soon. Maybe it was all this RDRO fiasco or something else....I kinda feel that something is coming soon...

 

But overall, my hype is really at an all time low now...if they keep delaying this BS like this, I don't know if I will buy it at launch (as if R* would care :D )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fetooh
14 minutes ago, Pentraksil said:

Annoucement is not really connected to the developement of PC version IMO. It is now just typical marketing wait. They might polish it a bit, do some deal with Nvidia drivers and the Ray-tracing.....but I think that the PC version is all but done by now.

GTA V PC version existed from the beginning and i believe RDR2 is the same, the problem is how R* is treating the PC community, the bottom of the list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
harismaran500

Already with Red Dead Online flopping, why do they still release updates for GTA Online?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrQuiche
2 minutes ago, harismaran500 said:

Already with Red Dead Online flopping, why do they still release updates for GTA Online?

Because GTA O still makes a huge amount of money,without it the money at the end of the month would not be that great. But i can see what you're going for,the "RDO is new and people are complaining about it because there is simply nothing to in it which is not the case for GTA O"argument which i totally agree with you but at the same time you want the one that gives you money alive so you can use this money and make the other one as successfull and win the jackpot which is an Online component that can last for years and still make money on it like GTAO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fun 2

The PC version is being updated alongside the console versions.

I think R* is keeping it for E3, we may see Rockstar Editor as well.

They just did a test event for it, not sure about the exact details of the event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
harismaran500
13 hours ago, MrQuiche said:

Because GTA O still makes a huge amount of money,without it the money at the end of the month would not be that great. But i can see what you're going for,the "RDO is new and people are complaining about it because there is simply nothing to in it which is not the case for GTA O"argument which i totally agree with you but at the same time you want the one that gives you money alive so you can use this money and make the other one as successfull and win the jackpot which is an Online component that can last for years and still make money on it like GTAO

Makes sense, but instead of doing the same thing, why can't they release the story mode and later release the online component for RDR2 like they did for consoles?

13 hours ago, Fun 2 said:

The PC version is being updated alongside the console versions.

I think R* is keeping it for E3, we may see Rockstar Editor as well.

They just did a test event for it, not sure about the exact details of the event.

How did you come to know this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sonicdude
23 minutes ago, Fun 2 said:

The PC version is being updated alongside the console versions.

I think R* is keeping it for E3, we may see Rockstar Editor as well.

They just did a test event for it, not sure about the exact details of the event.

I kinda doubt they would save anything for E3. It's just not in Rockstar's style to do anything for that event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason

Thing about keeping an announcement back for E3 is... where do they show it? Xbox? Sony? Doesn't make much sense. There is a PC gamer conference but it's always been a bit lowkey and indie focused, it doesn't have the viewership that Rockstar might want either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rollschuh2282
52 minutes ago, Jason said:

it doesn't have the viewership that Rockstar might want either.

they announced GTA V on a simple article in the newswire...and i doubt everyone checked the newswire often at that time...so yeah...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 9 Users Currently Viewing
    3 members, 2 Anonymous, 4 Guests

    • Babymoore
    • SantasLittleHelper
    • Zed McJack
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.