Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Haxardous

RDR2 PC Discussion & Speculation

Recommended Posts

MrQuiche

I just rewatched this video about the Rockstar Editor for GTA V on PC and i noticed that the devs have Social Club profiles like this {GTA_Dev "RANDOM NUMBER"} for example GTA_Dev18. So i wrote this into Add a friend on Social Club and found GTA_Dev18 ,GTA_Dev32 ,GTA_Dev11 ,GTA_Dev42 and GTA_Dev14. Be careful,the profiles are only from the United States and are mostly blank or with only GTA V in the games purchased and all the stats are private.

 

Then i decided to look for RDR2_Dev and i found only one guy.(Screenshot here) I don't really know what this mean for a PC version, i just wanted to point this out.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kabbee
55 minutes ago, MrQuiche said:

I just rewatched this video about the Rockstar Editor for GTA V on PC and i noticed that the devs have Social Club profiles like this {GTA_Dev "RANDOM NUMBER"} for example GTA_Dev18. So i wrote this into Add a friend on Social Club and found GTA_Dev18 ,GTA_Dev32 ,GTA_Dev11 ,GTA_Dev42 and GTA_Dev14. Be careful,the profiles are only from the United States and are mostly blank or with only GTA V in the games purchased and all the stats are private.

 

Then i decided to look for RDR2_Dev and i found only one guy.(Screenshot here) I don't really know what this mean for a PC version, i just wanted to point this out.

 

Could just be for multiplayer. Was GTA 5 the only game on that profile?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrQuiche
15 minutes ago, kabbee said:

Could just be for multiplayer. Was GTA 5 the only game on that profile? 

Which one,there's too many to know which one you're talking about. There's only the RDR2_Dev one that's got GTA V but it's on PS4 i think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kabbee
1 minute ago, MrQuiche said:

Which one,there's too many to know which one you're talking about. There's only the RDR2_Dev one that's got GTA V but it's on PS4 i think

Oh, sorry. The RDR2_Dev.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrQuiche
7 minutes ago, kabbee said:

Oh, sorry. The RDR2_Dev.

So yes GTA V is the only game on the profile but if the game is not announced for PC they didn't add it in Social Club,like this dataminers can't find it and spoil everything. The video where i found the "names" of the Rockstar Devs was released only 1 day before the PC version release(but they were already working on the video since the 27th of March 2015 as this screenshot proves). Because the PC version was already announced they didn't hide the fact that it was coming but it's not the case with RDR2 so i'm sure that the devs are actually testing stuff out before an announcement and then make the game appears on the Social Club so it's ready for release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
harismaran500

Rockstar's new Instagram post says that Red Dead Online is passing the beta stage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrQuiche
4 minutes ago, harismaran500 said:

Rockstar's new Instagram post says that Red Dead Online is passing the beta stage. 

Which one?i don't really pay attention when they talk about Red Dead or Red Dead Online unless it's about the PC version

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
harismaran500
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, MrQuiche said:

Which one?i don't really pay attention when they talk about Red Dead or Red Dead Online unless it's about the PC version

The latest one. Read the description.

Edited by harismaran500

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrQuiche

You're talking about this i assume. That does not mean that RDO is out of beta but that when it will finally release they'll still add content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
harismaran500
1 minute ago, MrQuiche said:

You're talking about this i assume. That does not mean that RDO is out of beta but that when it will finally release they'll still add content.

Yes, that means sometime soon it will happen right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrQuiche

That means that when RDO goes out of beta,it will continue to receive content but that doesn't mean that it's soon. Sorry to say that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xerukal

It's still interesting wording. They're making it sound like the beta phase is coming to a close. Chances are, it is. Very soon. I give it a couple more medium to big-sized patches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason

To be fair, at the rate they're currently going, a couple more medium/big patches is about 2 more years of waiting. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrQuiche
22 minutes ago, Xerukal said:

It's still interesting wording. They're making it sound like the beta phase is coming to a close. Chances are, it is. Very soon. I give it a couple more medium to big-sized patches.

But how much is a couple more patches 3,5 or might be 15 who knows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jimbatron
Posted (edited)

This is a bit of a digression, but lets say we believe they want RDRO to be in good shape before a PC release.

 

I've played SP but not online yet. It doesn't sound like they have a co-op equivalent of heists yet? Why the hell not? Are they stark raving mad? That was where GTAO properly took off, and the style with chronological adjustments would work fine in the old west. I want to pull off a Saint Denis bank robbery where Dutch failed! It's Pac Std for the 19th century on a plate.

Edited by Jimbatron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrQuiche
26 minutes ago, Jimbatron said:

This is a bit of a digression, but lets say we believe they want RDRO to be in good shape before a PC release.

Don't tell me that GTA O got it's best shape only in March 2015 with the Heist DLC and then the PC version release in April.Even if it was the case,the PC version was announced way before the Heist DLC did but then got delayed. I hope that if there's a PC version of RDR2 that it won't be delayed for 6 months,they clearly had the time,a good team and alot of money to make the consoles versions and so on for a PC version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jimbatron
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, MrQuiche said:

Don't tell me that GTA O got it's best shape only in March 2015 with the Heist DLC and then the PC version release in April.Even if it was the case,the PC version was announced way before the Heist DLC did but then got delayed. I hope that if there's a PC version of RDR2 that it won't be delayed for 6 months,they clearly had the time,a good team and alot of money to make the consoles versions and so on for a PC version.

Got nothing to do with the relative timing of PC release of V and heists on GTAO. That was a clusterf*ck. Heists were out on the first gen consoles earlier than the PC, but the latter's delay was unrelated.

 

But there's a reasonable argument to say R* will probably want RDRO out of Beta first, then PC release second. And if RDRO is received well quicker, it will be out of beta. A decent co-op mode a la heists from GTAO would go a long way for RDRO. If they tick that box then hopefully a PC release follows more swiftly.

Edited by Jimbatron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hayden_

Heists were originally planned before the game was even released.

 

Watch from 1:10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jimbatron
1 minute ago, Hayden_ said:

Heists were originally planned before the game was even released.

 

Watch from 1:10.

Indeed, but not released until 2014. And the game gained much more popularity when they finally arrived. Why have they made the same mistake again? R* do MP Co-ops much better than PVP imho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrQuiche
Posted (edited)

I know that they were originally planned before the release of the game but they still got released back in March 2015 and only got a real release date announcement back in February 2015. PC version of GTA5 was announced near E3 2014,if it wasn't for the delays,the PC version would have been released even before a announcement for the release date of the Heists DLC. PC Version was announced to come in Fall 2014,then late January 2015,then the 24th of March and finally got released the 14th of April 2015. That clearly shows that they don't need to wait for a good shaped Online experience before releasing the PC version even tho it makes more sense to do so. It's not our fault if they don't understand that people are more willing to pay real money for something they asked for than something they didn't. It's not that hard to understand,just add what people want in Online and they will be more than happy to spend real money on it because they wanted it. Same for the PC version,if there's one just tell us,you dont even need to announce a placeholder date,like this people that want the game badly will buy it for consoles at the release and maybe rebuy it with the PC Version when it finally got an announcement. Makes more sense than getting hate for something that you've already been hated for back in September 2013 until June 2014.

Edited by MrQuiche
"Needed" instead of "need"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pentraksil

I think they are calling Online "beta" just to avoid an even bigger backlash than it already has (did not help much, tbh). I think it is just a way of damage control. IMO, PC announcement (if any) would not be affected by RDRO and the general status they call it. The way I see it, online was already launched, the moment they started charging the MT's. Name is just a diversion.

 

Maybe I am wrong, just the way I see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Implicitly
9 hours ago, Pentraksil said:

I think they are calling Online "beta" just to avoid an even bigger backlash than it already has (did not help much, tbh). I think it is just a way of damage control. IMO, PC announcement (if any) would not be affected by RDRO and the general status they call it. The way I see it, online was already launched, the moment they started charging the MT's. Name is just a diversion.

 

Maybe I am wrong, just the way I see it.

That's exactly what it is. I use to test games for Blizzard. Basically when the game is in "beta" basically changes are rarely made and that's generally the game and final stage. Alpha is when the game is constantly changing and actually needs testing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrQuiche

Well only kids and big fanboys doesn't know that Beta only means "Final Release wiith two or three thing missing" Beta are usually used to stress the servers and fix the biggest bugs that players have found but at the end,there's not that much change between the beta and the release but way more when it goes from Alpha to Beta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piro
13 hours ago, Hayden_ said:

Heists were originally planned before the game was even released.

Spoiler


 

Watch from 1:10.

 

 

Yeah you can also see Hydra in SP trailers. 

I think PC version will be released just before a huge rdro dlc (probably heists).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xerukal
Posted (edited)

The fact that they introduced MTs during the "Beta" stage was perhaps the most egregious offense, because it showed an obvious lack of restraint. They literally couldn't wait to have them in there. Had they done so, and launched the MTs later... them maybe they'd have some good faith left when it comes to Online. 

 

I do think being able to advertise RDRO as out of the beta stage will be helpful to the PC version's marketing, since they'll be able to say things like "RDR2's Story Mode comes with a fully completed RRO experience, featuring all content updates released so far". Something to that effect was done with GTA V PC's advertising. It basically had everything, Heists included.

Edited by Xerukal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrQuiche
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Xerukal said:

The fact that they introduced MTs during the "Beta" stage was perhaps the most egregious offense, because it showed an obvious lack of restraint. They literally couldn't wait to have them in there. Had they done so, and launched the MTs later... them maybe they'd have some good faith left when it comes to Online. 

 

I do think being able to advertise RDRO as out of the beta stage will be helpful to the PC version's marketing, since they'll be able to say things like "RDR2's Story Mode comes with a fully completed RRO experience, featuring all content updates released so far". Something to that effect.

But like we said yesterday, people don't want to wait 1,5 years to play a game that's not even new,they have so much money and developpers to make a PC Version that holding it back is just stupid especially when their outcome from RDO is really bad. A PC Version will crank up the playerbase. More players=More Money

Edited by MrQuiche

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xerukal
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, MrQuiche said:

But like we said yesterday, people don't want to wait 1,5 years to play a game that's not even new.

They don't want to, but they still do. GTA V PC taught us that. Rockstar knows people will wait. Not 2 or 3 years wait. But one year? Maybe a little bit more? Absolutely.

Edited by Xerukal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jimbatron
4 minutes ago, Xerukal said:

The fact that they introduced MTs during the "Beta" stage was perhaps the most egregious offense, because it showed an obvious lack of restraint. They literally couldn't wait to have them in there. Had they done so, and launched the MTs later... them maybe they'd have some good faith left when it comes to Online. 

Indeed. It seems cynical for starters (Beta = working out how we can best flog gold bars). But I’d question whether it’s not a poor long term strategy. They should have faith that if it’s a good game to play without MT eventually the income stream will follow.

 

GTA O gets some fair criticism but some of it not. When you get down to it I played it for 5 years and never came close to considering buying a shark card. If the game is good, you’ll have a player base, then as the masses pour in some will pay a bit extra to catch up. I don’t think there is anything wrong with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrQuiche

Yeah but people expectations get higher and higher if you wait too long to release it even tho GTA V is still in the top played game on Steam it barely does 100 000 players a day(only when there's new content). I mean when the PC version released it got around 320 000 players but 1,9 months later it was already at 88 000 players. GTA V is actually only played by 68 133 players right now,there's not that much of a gap,i would've thought that the PC version was going to get atleast 700 000 players at launch but no it didn't. Take the fact that people prefer the style of GTA over Red Dead's,that means that the launch might even be weaker especially if they wait for too long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hayden_
3 minutes ago, MrQuiche said:

Yeah but people expectations get higher and higher if you wait too long to release it even tho GTA V is still in the top played game on Steam it barely does 100 000 players a day(only when there's new content). I mean when the PC version released it got around 320 000 players but 1,9 months later it was already at 88 000 players. GTA V is actually only played by 68 133 players right now,there's not that much of a gap,i would've thought that the PC version was going to get atleast 700 000 players at launch but no it didn't. Take the fact that people prefer the style of GTA over Red Dead's,that means that the launch might even be weaker especially if they wait for too long.

Remember, that's only on Steam. You can get the game cheaper on the Rockstar Games website so I expect there are quite a few players from that platform.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 31 Users Currently Viewing
    10 members, 2 Anonymous, 19 Guests

    • faceloft
    • Babymoore
    • gregorius11
    • shaun97
    • Mirror Park Resident
    • O.Z
    • ZimZam
    • Pentraksil
    • kabbee
    • Hayden_
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.