Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Haxardous

RDR2 PC Discussion & Speculation

Recommended Posts

SneakyDeaky

Were those couple of old videos that showed a glitch where John would clearly have Jack's voice when greeting NPC's ever confirmed real or fake? If they remake RDR 1, they need to record a lot of new dialogue for when we control Jack, could that glitch (if real) be related to this remake?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Emmi
Posted (edited)

I mean R* remaking RDR1 from "scratch" to have the entire story of the Van der Linde gang playable on current hardware and on PC (for the very first time!) sounds like something they could really do, especially with RDR2 in mind, making this one big story starting with Arthur and then ending with Jack. It would also make sense to expand the map a bit where it makes sense. If that all is really the case I expect it to be announced alongside the PC version of RDR2. Hm, but please don't mess with John's hair or this remake will be unenjoyable to play through, at least for me!

That'd also mean Bully 2 becomes yet again very unlikely to happen anytime soon!

We'll find out soon enough I reckon.

 

A remake of RDR1 with visuals on par with RDR2, a bit expanded on every corner (more side stuff, more things to explore in the world) and with all of RDR2's gameplay elements sounds absolutely amazing!

 

They could promote it like this or similar: Experience the entire saga of the Van der Line gang! Now available on PS4, Xbox One and PC.

Edited by Emmi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinsengElixir

If they re-made RDR It'd be cool if they included the RDR2 map but update it to reflect 1911. Canonically I think it works, apart from access to W.Elizabeth in the early chapters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gregorius11

I just have a bad feeling we will have to wait way longer for any announcements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spoonman039

even though we talk about RDR1 remaster for a while now, I doubt it will happen, especially soon.

if it happens, the whole idea of merging 2 games into one (a story which starts with Arthur and ends with Jack) seems like a complete mess and nearly impossible. a game like EFLC where you choose if you would play RDR2 or RDR1 makes more sense.

Ambarino, New Hanover and Lemoyne will be missing in RDR1. Also Mexico will be missing in RDR2, unless Rockstar do some update for single player (they probably will add it in Online soon).
the same goes with side missions, weapons, clothes, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrEdcar007
5 hours ago, SneakyDeaky said:

Were those couple of old videos that showed a glitch where John would clearly have Jack's voice when greeting NPC's ever confirmed real or fake? If they remake RDR 1, they need to record a lot of new dialogue for when we control Jack, could that glitch (if real) be related to this remake?

It was real, happened to a decent amount of people. 

However, it wasn't Jack's voice. It was another NPC voice that just glitched onto the playble character.

But it does sound a lot like an older Jack.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheR3PTILE
1 hour ago, MrEdcar007 said:

It was real, happened to a decent amount of people. 

However, it wasn't Jack's voice. It was another NPC voice that just glitched onto the playble character.

But it does sound a lot like an older Jack.

 

 Its just so strange to me that it is programmed to work with the greet commands and whatnot. Seems like a big coincidence that the ONE voice that sometimes glitches onto the playable character just so happens to be the one that sounds nearly identical to Jack. Could be scrapped content and they just decided to throw those voice lines onto a NPC since they wouldn't be used for the original purpose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedDeadJohn
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, gregorius11 said:

 

if the controls in the remake would be like in RDR2 i don't want this remake the first RDR looks good even today no need to remake this game

Edited by RedDeadJohn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinsengElixir
6 hours ago, RedDeadJohn said:

if the controls in the remake would be like in RDR2 i don't want this remake the first RDR looks good even today no need to remake this game

Especially since it's available on X1X, a remake seems like something R* wouldn't touch.

 

Besides, waiting on that GTAIV remaster for X1X. In your own time R* 😙😙

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pentraksil
4 hours ago, GinsengElixir said:

Especially since it's available on X1X, a remake seems like something R* wouldn't touch.

 

Besides, waiting on that GTAIV remaster for X1X. In your own time R* 😙😙

From what I understand, that remake was idd something that R* did not touch at all. It was done by Microsoft and their emulator team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blendi-

A remake of RDR1 as DLC might happend since its R* and anything can happen but theres no way theyre gonna let us wait for the PC version that long. That would be stupid from their side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spider-Vice
49 minutes ago, Pentraksil said:

From what I understand, that remake was idd something that R* did not touch at all. It was done by Microsoft and their emulator team.

Even more specifically, it's not a remake. It's the original GTA IV/RDR1 game running on an emulator. They changed its resolution just like on PC you can change the resolution of an emulator. It's trivial stuff, not a remaster, they don't even need Rockstar to do anything and MS doesn't even change the game itself at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Miko19
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

Even more specifically, it's not a remake. It's the original GTA IV/RDR1 game running on an emulator. They changed its resolution just like on PC you can change the resolution of an emulator. It's trivial stuff, not a remaster, they don't even need Rockstar to do anything and MS doesn't even change the game itself at all.

I actually worked on the Back Compat titles for some time, it's literally this. Even if they caught a gamebreaking bug, but it was also present on the X360 version, they wouldn't touch it and go about their day like nothing happened. The only real change is that some games had their FPS uncapped if it didn't break the game's physics and if at least the X1X could actually run it at 60.

Edited by Miko19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pentraksil
5 minutes ago, Miko19 said:

Even if they caught a gamebreaking bug, but it was also present on the X360 version, they wouldn't touch it and go about their day like nothing happened. 

Thank God they did not emulate the PS3 version than, eh ? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Antaxi

Basically... R* is so sneaky, they can released their rdr2 pc title during this year, instead just sit and doing nothing:monocle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ravendrölf
3 hours ago, Antaxi said:

Basically... R* is so sneaky, they can released their rdr2 pc title during this year, instead just sit and doing nothing:monocle:

Imo it's good hat Rockstar is taking time for these kinds of projects now. Like they did with RDR2, they delivered a nearly perfect v1.0 after 8 years of development. Same shall happen to a port for PC, no bugs, polished, worth the full price.

 

On the other hand they know people will wait regardless how long they take for a game. Rockstar has no competition, their games and their style is unmatched. There are no other games out there which come even close to the quality and the genre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hayden_
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, ravendrölf said:

Imo it's good hat Rockstar is taking time for these kinds of projects now. Like they did with RDR2, they delivered a nearly perfect v1.0 after 8 years of development. Same shall happen to a port for PC, no bugs, polished, worth the full price.

 

On the other hand they know people will wait regardless how long they take for a game. Rockstar has no competition, their games and their style is unmatched. There are no other games out there which come even close to the quality and the genre.

Yeah, but it would be nice to have a trailer of some sort just so we know it's definitely coming.

Edited by Hayden_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pentraksil
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, ravendrölf said:

Imo it's good hat Rockstar is taking time for these kinds of projects now. Like they did with RDR2, they delivered a nearly perfect v1.0 after 8 years of development. Same shall happen to a port for PC, no bugs, polished, worth the full price.

I also like that they took their time with 1.0 version....Version that was released almost 10 months ago. There is no way they are "taking their time" now just because they are porting it to PC, no way the port is taking that long. A couple of months for sure, but more than a year (as rumors are suggesting) ? It is obvious by now what their intention is with these delays. I could be wrong OFC, but I highly doubt they are actively developing the PC version right now, except some minor additions to Online and the said Editor alongside the consoles. And as Hayden_ said already, they should at least acknowledge the existence...But they won't. And that is why their delay reasons are pretty obvious IMO.

Edited by Pentraksil
additional text

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xerukal

Ehhh... I dunno about "nearly perfect v1.0". There was actually a fairly serious bug that involved disappearing camp members if certain in-game conditions were met (and these conditions were extremely easy to fulfill in the early hours). It took them a little while to patch it out, too. Some people had entire characters up and disappear. 

 

I suppose in the grand scheme of things it ain't so bad, but I'm hoping they're taking all this time to further fix up SP bugs in the PC version of the game. Especially some clothing issues (some of which were even caused by patches, I think). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sonicdude
10 hours ago, Xerukal said:

Ehhh... I dunno about "nearly perfect v1.0". There was actually a fairly serious bug that involved disappearing camp members if certain in-game conditions were met (and these conditions were extremely easy to fulfill in the early hours). It took them a little while to patch it out, too. Some people had entire characters up and disappear. 

I'd have to agree. As pretty as v1.0 looks, it could be rather unstable. On my initial playthrough, before patches were out, I encountered a couple of crashes and one mission towards the end of the game softlocked on me. I also had some situations where I'd receive a wanted level for seemingly no reason in populated areas such as Saint Denis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pentraksil
6 minutes ago, Sonicdude said:

I'd have to agree. As pretty as v1.0 looks, it could be rather unstable. On my initial playthrough, before patches were out, I encountered a couple of crashes and one mission towards the end of the game softlocked on me. I also had some situations where I'd receive a wanted level for seemingly no reason in populated areas such as Saint Denis.

It is a huge game though, with a lot of small details. But I did hear it was unstable FPS wise on some consoles, not sure how serious that was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sonicdude
1 minute ago, Pentraksil said:

It is a huge game though, with a lot of small details. But I did hear it was unstable FPS wise on some consoles, not sure how serious that was.

Well, I can contest that, at least on a first generation Xbox One (the big fat model) the FPS can get pretty bad when things get hectic (or really detailed) at once on-screen. 

Actually, I'm starting to think the Xbox version of the game is just simply less-stable than the PS4 version. It'd make sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
George Costanza

tenor.gif?itemid=7250508

 

another reddit leaker debunked. But when will community learn?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Sikee Atric
2 minutes ago, George Costanza said:

another reddit leaker debunked. But when will community learn?

 

Never, probably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spider-Vice

*big ass thinking emoji*

 

Q25MuZM.png 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Sikee Atric
3 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

*big ass thinking emoji*

 

Q25MuZM.png 


Placeholder date I'd assume.....

There's no delay announcement yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blendi-
39 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

*big ass thinking emoji*

 

Q25MuZM.png 

Hmm...

"bUt tHe gAmE iS nOt cOmIng oUt oN PC cUz thE fIrSt oNe nEvEr cAmE"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xerukal
37 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

*big ass thinking emoji*

 

Q25MuZM.png 

Did you get this on PC? Some Rockstar intern is having a giggle for sure. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 32 Users Currently Viewing
    9 members, 2 Anonymous, 21 Guests

    • Babymoore
    • lesrima88
    • Overflex
    • UltimateAntic
    • Jestic
    • ORLAG
    • saoghal
    • Hayden_
    • satanasio
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.