2. Site Suggestions

Alexy Nex

What the strongest gta gang

Alexy Nex

From leones and gambetti to ballas to diaz and vercetti gang

What the strongest mafia/gang/cartel in all gta games

RetroMystic
Posted (edited)

Zaibatsu Corporation. In GTA 2 they have a fairly strong presence being in all of the districts of Anywhere City and in GTA 3 you can still find shipments of their pharmaceuticals in Liberty City. I'd assume seeing as though they have an international operation,

"Zaibatsu Corporation, The world's Last Major Privately Owned Corporation,Has a World Wide Reputation For Manufacturing The Greatest Pharmaceuticals,but due to our Lobyists who got major changes passed in the laws reguarding leisure narcotics. So next time your down in the domps and a little pill puts a great big smile back on your face, or a little sniff makes you chuckle your heart out, say THANK YOU ZAIBATSU!" - Taken from the Zaibatsu website

they're most likely super rich and therefore the most powerful gang. Assuming they still operate as a gang in the 3D era that would make them the most powerful gang through shear size and wealth. I doubt Claude really did much to make a dent in their operation.

Edited by RetroMystic

TheSantader25
Posted (edited)

It's pretty hard to pick the most powerful but The Lost MC is the Weakest after the V events IMO. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Tycek

What was the point of that input? What did it bring to the topic except the jab at fans of Lost MC and TLaD? You don't like bikers and I guess it's safe to say we pretty much understood that already.

OT: I would say Zaibatsu as well. Even if there is no continuity between GTA 2 and 3 and these are two different Zaibatsu (since it's just japanese term for conglomerate, meaning literally financial clique), gang from GTA 2 is pretty powerful. Not only they have turfs in every district of anywhere, but they hold important businesses in their hands (dam and nuclear power plant) and got access to heavy weaponry (e.g., tanks). Their production of drugs and various pharmaceuticals had to bring serious income in world being dependent of chemicals like it was portrayed in GTA 2. 

GTA-Biker

In 2D universe it's probably Zaibatsu.

In 3D universe I guess it's a tie between Vercetti gang (which controls Vice City criminal underworld) and Families (which became the strongest gang in Los Santos,and had connections with some other gangs in San Andreas,as well as with a government agent Mike Toreno).Vance gang would qualify too,since they became the strongest gang in 1984 Vice City,but they disappeared by 1986.

In HD universe it's Merryweather,if mercenary organisations count as gangs.If not,then probably Petrovic bratva from GTA 4,because they are feared even by other Russian mobs (which are among stronger gangs in Liberty City).

39 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

It's pretty hard to pick the most powerful but The Lost MC is the Weakest after the V events IMO. 

We only saw San Andreas chapter of TLMC get weakened by Online protagonist and later by Trevor,but in TV show The Underbelly Of Paradise it's said that by 2013,TLMC has spread from East Coast across the US,with many chapters in the Midwest.There could be dozens of other chapters that are completely unaffected by what happened in Los Santos and Blaine County.

Ondr4H

Army in vice city...

Nico

By lethal power? Leones in GTA III.

By influence? The mighty Zaibatsu, of course. I wish R* kept evolving the concept of Zaibatsu as a powerful gang / corporation during the series instead of letting it die after GTA III. Damn, a Zaibatsu-themed GTAO update would have been nice even if I don't care about GTAO at all.

TheSantader25
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, GTA-Biker said:

We only saw San Andreas chapter of TLMC get weakened by Online protagonist and later by Trevor,but in TV show The Underbelly Of Paradise it's said that by 2013,TLMC has spread from East Coast across the US,with many chapters in the Midwest.There could be dozens of other chapters that are completely unaffected by what happened in Los Santos and Blaine County.

Thanks for the info bro. I never heard that in Underbelly of Paradise in all of my playthroughs. Guess you learn sth everyday. So chances are we meet them in VI as well. 

@topic

3D universe:

The Families-they took over los santos and it's very probable that they expanded in more businesses despite Sweet's attitude towards drugs. 

HD universe:

Merryweather-No matter how many you kill in GTA V or GTA O it seems like they just keep on ruling the state. I really like to see Donald Percival as a future GTA Antagonist. Could've been an antagonist in V too. 

Edited by TheSantader25

AxA

Families (Groves)

RetroMystic
8 hours ago, Nico said:

By influence? The mighty Zaibatsu, of course. I wish R* kept evolving the concept of Zaibatsu as a powerful gang / corporation during the series instead of letting it die after GTA III. Damn, a Zaibatsu-themed GTAO update would have been nice even if I don't care about GTAO at all.

We got so close to seeing Zaibatsu again with the Z-Type but no. It’s a shame really, there’s so much potential with them that R* just completely neglects.

Am Shaegar

Zaibatsu definitely seems more powerful as a diverse business conglomerate also running a criminal organisation. But the corporation seems powerful mainly on paper (or theory) than in the actual gameplay terms. If I see at the jobs that I did in GTA 2 for the Zaibatsu's then its nowhere as diverse as Grove Street Famies. Even from the story standpoint, the Zaibatsu have little to no interesting aspects of immersing the player with the corporation other than running the errands. On the other hand, there's a lot about the GSF that the players get to xperience during the actual gameplay, from the people part of the families, their initial struggle to the gradual rise as a gang, including the new ventures and contacts. There's an active participation in expanding the families influence as a member and the leader of the GSF across the map as CJ who continues to grow and rise in power. 

Even the Vercetti gang has a very short presence and limited missions to actually feel immersed in order to make me realize the power they hold in VC since they normally spawn at certain places (mainly, the businesses Tommy owns). It makes them look more like hired security guards :D than an actual gang that follows the leader order's and instructions to assist him in any way possible, unlike the GSF gang members.

In the end, GSF makes me feel more powerful and influential as a gang in both actual gameplay and story standpoint.

ZekoX

Vercetti's gang and Zaibatsu.

GTA-Biker
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

Thanks for the info bro. I never heard that in Underbelly of Paradise in all of my playthroughs. Guess you learn sth everyday. So chances are we meet them in VI as well. 

Steve Haines talks about TLMC at 3:56 on this video.He says that the FIB has been following TLMC move from coast to coast and implies they are very active in the Midwest.

Edited by GTA-Biker

flgta

Any gang that I remember basically shooting at you. Which was in GTA lll. It can be tied with Vice City. San Andreas also had gangs but can be overtaken. But in GTA 5, drive anywhere in Davis area and then stop in the ghetto they will see you are out of place and eventually have a 4 gang member at the corner either running towards you, calling you names and eventually shooting at you. That's a good and passive-aggressive threat. Eventually it's fun to just piss them off.  But I really remember the Columbia Cartel in lll shooting at you when you would only drive around. Or the Triads in China Town. Nevermind feeling out of place as it is, they pretty much just shoot as you drive by. So much for getting sushi.

universetwisters

The Vice City golfers

Johnny Spaz

Trailer Park Mafia

Jeansowaty

2D Universe: Zaibatsu Corp.

3D Universe: Vercetti Gang, Grove Street Families

HD Universe: Petrovic Bratva

Crossbones

3D- Vercetti Gang. At the end they are the most powerful with no enemies and lots of connection and businesses. There were many gangs which were powerful in the start but then got severely weakened like Colombian Cartel, Leone Crime Family and Forellis. So, I'd go with Vercetti's.

HD- The Five Families of Liberty City or The Commission  (if they count as one gang) or else Petrovic Bratva. 

Alexy Nex

nobody said smth about the gambettis

EkaSwede

The Sharks from Vice City Stories.

Seriously, a Rancher packed with 4 of them would blow up your vehicle with their AKs faster than you could say: "Is that a Gang Rancher?

NotFreeman
Posted (edited)

2001 Leones, you can have all of the connections in the world but if your enemy gang can blow your car up within seconds of you entering their turf... yeah good luck with that. 

And of course they have one of the Gta protagonists on their side you may argue that he got fat, but because of Salvatores performance in LCS i don't see why Tony should be any different combat wise from his LCS times 

Edited by NotFreeman
Forgot to add a part

TheSantader25

Another one. 

GTA Online Tryhards. They seem immortal and some have barcodes as usernames. They evolve from time to time as well. Apparently they are now flying some sort of bike. Almost like a Magical broom. 

CHARMANDER50

The Da Nang Boys(DNB)  after the death of Snakehead in gameplay the boys are now in the process of choosing a new leader.

The Shining Razors gang & Butterfly children  are closely associated 

to the DNB, may have assisted it in various criminal enterprises.

The DNB have their own ship, SF Bay which is used for human trafficking, narcotics , piracy.

The protection activities of this gang made them powerful in  SA .

ThatBenGuy

Good question!

3D: Probably the Vercetti Gang with the Forellis, Leones, and Colombian cartel being close competitors.

HD: I'd have to go with all of the Italian and Russian crime families, which would encompass all five families within the Commission in Liberty City and the Pegirino crime family as well as the Petrovic, Rascalov, and Bulgarin crime families. Not to go off on a tangent, but Italians and Russians are both some hardcore people. Don't believe me? You obviously haven't been paying attention in history class or in organized crime studies (for lack of better terminology with the latter).

Vice City criminal

Gameplay-wise - 1984 Sharks

Haha365

T.P.E baby! 

I'd day the Families/Commission across 3D and HD. If they pool their collective strength...

Mister Pink

I would say Grove Street Families in the 3D GTA's. I had max-money, owned safe-houses and businesses all over the state, had an army of loyal foot soldiers in LS with 100% territorial control. I owned a fleet of cars, including a fighter jet and tank and an aerodrome. I'm friendly with the Triads of San Fierro and just incredible wealth. Skills-wise, I'm an adept shooter, got my pilots license and have fought in mixed martial arts. 

AxA
30 minutes ago, Mister Pink said:

I would say Grove Street Families in the 3D GTA's. I had max-money, owned safe-houses and businesses all over the state, had an army of loyal foot soldiers in LS with 100% territorial control. I owned a fleet of cars, including a fighter jet and tank and an aerodrome. I'm friendly with the Triads of San Fierro and just incredible wealth. Skills-wise, I'm an adept shooter, got my pilots license and have fought in mixed martial arts. 

^