4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
White Shark

Nightclub Warehouse delivery - Nark!

White Shark
Posted (edited)

All joking aside, I just did that delivery where you go to the drop off, but there are undercover cops waiting to ambush you because the NARK snitched on you.

Usually, you go there, get ambushed, have to speed off or call Lester etc and then go to a new drop off.

This time however, I knew where the cops were waiting and so opened fire on the first one then when the other one swung out, I wiped him out too, all whilst Tony was calling me in a panic.  Then a strange thing happened.  I instantly got the new drop off location and Tony calling me confirming I lost the cops.  I'm not sure if this is a bug, or because this time I managed to kill both undercover cops really quick that it stopped them from calling for backup in time.  Either way, certainly made this a quick one!

Anyone else experienced this?  Next time when you're doing this delivery, scope out the drop off and look for the two cops lying in wait and try and kill them as quick as possible and see if it works for you!

Edited by White Shark

SHARKEM

I thought it was NARC. You live and learn eh.

IamCourtney

It is narc, short for narcotics 

whywontyoulisten

In the police sting CEO crate missions you can do a similar thing by simultaneously detonating three sticky bombs next to the unmarked cop cars and Granger. No stars, and an easy drive back. Doesn't always work though.

White Shark
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, IamCourtney said:

It is narc, short for narcotics 

Yes, narc is short for narcotics, but nark is a police informant.  They're separate things.

6 minutes ago, whywontyoulisten said:

In the police sting CEO crate missions you can do a similar thing by simultaneously detonating three sticky bombs next to the unmarked cop cars and Granger. No stars, and an easy drive back. Doesn't always work though.

Cool thanks for that.  I might try that next time to see if it works on this one!

Edited by White Shark

xwinkx_girlYakuza

Thanks op. Will definitely give this method a try :)

dcaldwellfilms

I've had twice now a delivery mission where the first drop was two-stars and calling Lester got rid of them but then the "backup" delivery spot was also filled with narcs where I got four stars; as I couldn't call Lester again, I found requesting the Terrorbyte and walking into and immediately out of the nerve center completely lost them.  And only then, the third delivery spot, was I done with the mission. 

Rez090
On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:43 AM, White Shark said:

Yes, narc is short for narcotics, but nark is a police informant.  They're separate things.

The correct term is narc, there is no k in there at all. I've never ever seen it written as nark.

Jamwes
26 minutes ago, Rez090 said:

The correct term is narc, there is no k in there at all. I've never ever seen it written as nark.

I thought so too, but I looked it up and apparently nark with a k is a British thing to mean informants. Learn something new every day, I guess. 

White Shark
39 minutes ago, Rez090 said:

Wrong.  See my comment further up.  Narc is short for narcotics.  Nark is a police informant. Thus that Simpsons clip.  Why would he be calling Homer a narcotic?  He's calling him a nark, as in a snitch, because he looks so out of place there.

FrancisBlack
6 minutes ago, White Shark said:

Wrong.  See my comment further up.  Narc is short for narcotics.  Nark is a police informant. Thus that Simpsons clip.  Why would he be calling Homer a narcotic?  He's calling him a nark, as in a snitch, because he looks so out of place there.

^^He's right!^^ Just look it up, learn something new every day. I just assumed it meant Narcotics officer but I guess not. 

Edit: I found this - I think they are the same word

A law enforcement officer, usually one working undercover, who deals with narcotics violations. Origin of narc. Short for narcotics agent.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/nark

Nark or narc

[nahrk]
noun Slang.
  1. a government agent or detective charged with the enforcement of laws restricting the use of narcotics.

Origin of narc

1965–70, Americanism; shortening of narcotic
Edited by FrancisBlack

Jamwes

There are subtle differences between Narc and Nark.

Narc is short for a narcotics officer. In the Americian context, it makes sense for them to be calling Homer a Narc in that clip. They are calling him a police officer who specializes in drug busts.

Nark is a British term and may have the same origin, that it's a shortening of narcotics officer. However, Nark means a police informant. The informant is not necessarily a cop, and the information isn't limited to just drugs. A Nark is just someone who gives information to the cops. 

FrancisBlack
1 minute ago, Jamwes said:

Narc is short for a narcotics officer. In the Americian context, it makes sense for them to be calling Homer a Narc in that clip. They are calling him a police officer who specializes in drug busts.

Nark is a British term and may have the same origin, that it's a shortening of narcotics officer. However, Nark means a police informant. The informant is not necessarily a cop, and the information isn't limited to just drugs. A Nark is just someone who gives information to the cops. 

"Same difference" as we say. In the US in grade school vernacular "narc" means tattle tail or person who relays information to authorities so I think they are the same thing. I guess not much more to add for this etymology class.  

White Shark
51 minutes ago, Jamwes said:

Ah narc as in narcotics officer.  Makes sense.  

But yes, as stated here, nark - police informant.  Narc - narcotics agent.

End discussion.  

maxresdefault.jpg 

Rez090

In the US, we never spell it with a k, it is always spelled with a c. Hence, why the post mentioning the k is confusing to anyone in the US.

McGhee

When you get this mission, Tony will tell you "It's only one drop off" and sends you there. It looks too easy, but several Narcs will await you. Just let yourself be killed and you'll spawn without wanted level. Get to your vehicle and deliver it worry free. 

I always hope I get this one, so I'm done with it within a few minutes.

Gridl0k

Can you go direct to the real dropoff? Like the Route 66 ambush is always the Vinewood sign, right?

Oh coincidentally this happened, hooker radar :D

774bf23e-fa79-4f35-84a2-3f5d49d676ae.PNG

I want my FIB Stanier :/

Edited by Gridl0k

Taterman

Good thread. Yesterday I made my biggest sale ever and got the same situation as the OP. I was tough to lose three wanted stars in a muscle car in a open area.

No Homing
7 hours ago, Gridl0k said:

Can you go direct to the real dropoff? Like the Route 66 ambush is always the Vinewood sign, right?

Oh coincidentally this happened, hooker radar :D

-snip-

I want my FIB Stanier :/

Yes, and the van disappears with the crates floating in the air. But it works. Video coming soon.

EDIT:

Video:

Edited by No Homing