• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Emmi

• joshua969

• Groggy Gorilla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ladies and gentlemen, we have an announcement for you. Red Dead Network is now officially recognised!  

Part One:  

RIP Greenrock. 

5 minutes ago, JustAMetalHead said:

They had smoke from weapons in RDR1, but only the enemies could have smoke for some reason.

Yeah now that you mention it , I remember the enemies had it. I haven´t Played the first one in a while.

6 minutes ago, pjw said:

I like to think dead eye represents that Arthur is a skilled marksmen, and this new awareness ability represents his bush-craft skills. If prey that are injured and not killed bolt off into the woods, it's nice to have a reliable way of finding them without wandering aimlessly which some would find irritating. I'm sure you don't have to use it though, so those who find it breaks immersion can go without it hopefully. 

Not sure about anyone else, but at times I struggled to find the smaller animal carcasses.  This should help with that.

5 minutes ago, joshua969 said:

Not sure about anyone else, but at times I struggled to find the smaller animal carcasses.  This should help with that.

The carcasses still have an "X" on the mini-map. That and we know that there will be ways to kill animals instantly without them fleeing. So as we grow more skilled at hunting, we will rely less and less on the hunter vision.

Edited by dkunit
1 hour ago, JustAMetalHead said:

It's nice to see rockstar retweeting RDR2 related tweets instead of GTA online.

Agreed. It feels so good to know that marketing has finally kicked off after waiting for so long.

• Like 5
J.Dillinger Blackheart
45 minutes ago, 1898 said:

Love the way the sheriff unslings his rifle here.  Hope this means the lawmen are more of a force to be reckoned with, they shouldn't be the pushovers they were in RDR1.

Sorry, wasn't able to cut that other scene out.

vjQW5vt.gif

You have to love how R* takes the time out to not just make a animation but to do it in great style and fashion.

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, dkunit said:

The carcasses still have an "X" on the mini-map. That and we know that there will be ways to kill animals instantly without them fleeing. So as we grow more skilled at hunting, we will rely less and less on the hunter vision.

And now we have the option to shoot up in the air and intimidate the animals before they run away

• Like 4
1 hour ago, JustAMetalHead said:

It's nice to see rockstar retweeting RDR2 related tweets instead of GTA online.

The GTA Online tweet they posted not too long ago was completely dismissed and ignored by everyone in the comments lol....it’s all about RDR 2 right now......

• Like 4
GeorgeWashingtonxx77

Hope they clear up the swimming controversy in the part 2 gameplay video. I'm personally fine with not swimming although I would prefer it, I want to know as early as possible if we can use boats/kayaks for traveling or if the ocean itself is not touchable at all. The only thing we've seen from the ocean so far apart from the kayak sequence in the debut trailer is that you can fish on a boat.

I really like how we can walk beside our horse like that.

5 hours ago, Neudd said:

5bw3gsd3hl401.gif

on topic:

JwziJHc.gif

Arthur does not look happy lol.

Is to soon to say Arthur Morgan is the best protag R* has done?

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Shinola Gamer said:

Yes way too soon. It's gonna take one hell of a performance to beat John Marston.

That said, I think they are gonna make us seriously dislike John in this game. I bet he is a completely different person than the one we met 8 years ago.

10 minutes ago, Shinola Gamer said:

think Arthur Morgan may very well be my fav protag yet. He is tough, storing, and intimidating but also has a soft spot especially for his gang/family, I love how they look at him like a big brother. Also his outfit is just fantastic, simple yet quintessentially western. Very excited to see him oppose Dutch when he gets more and more insane.

Edited by phenetole
  • Like 8
Clancy the Bandito
3 hours ago, dkunit said:

Rob Wiethoff is from Indiana, so technically not.

The gang members always wear masks in robberies, so maybe the general population don't know what they do for a living.

Indiana is still filled with heavy accents. Trust me, i live almost right in the middle of this state. 75% of the people who live here have that kind of slur in their voices like they do with southern accents.

Edited by Vitalize
  • Like 4
7 minutes ago, Relax boy said:

The game looks ok, nothing new or even revolutionary. It's still miles away from GOTY material. 

Its how the overall experience will be that matters in the end. Not many games are revolutionary these days but they do some unique things coupled with great stories to give players a great experience. And I think RDR2 will do the same. Everything we've seen is a more polished evolution of R* games past but that dons't discount it as a GOTY contender. What revolutionary thing has Gow done? and yet I stand by people's claims that its a GOTY contender cause the overall experience of that game is a great one.

I am confident the story, seamless camp system, interaction mechanic, the improved AI, more immersive hunting and gathering, weapons, wildlife and random encounters, fishing and a plethora of other small activities, and the details and varied environments will all work together to deliver a great western experience,  and that is more than enough to be GOTY.

Edited by phenetole
  • Like 4
17 minutes ago, Shinola Gamer said:

He's a bit like Tommy. I'm glad it seems like we're not getting another pushover lapdog protagonist. Not that Trevor was but Trevor was insane.

5 hours ago, Horrid_Saiyam said:

I think we saw him in the end too when narrator speaks about rival gang 

he has to be the part of single player

Maybe our online character will crossover with us in the story

12 minutes ago, Mach1bud said:

Yes way too soon. It's gonna take one hell of a performance to beat John Marston.

That said, I think they are gonna make us seriously dislike John in this game. I bet he is a completely different person than the one we met 8 years ago.

Don't judge me but I like him more than John already.

• Like 2
23 hours ago, Relax boy said:

Couldn't have said it better. The trailer just showed a generic open world game with little to no new mechanics or things we haven't seen before.

Lol ok

5 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

Ladies and gentlemen, we have an announcement for you. Red Dead Network is now officially recognised!

pGnuy0j.png

Wow!! What a good thing to come on the forum to! Haven't been sleeping well so I just woke up.. but aye congrats spider and gang!! This place deserves it 😁

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

pGnuy0j.png

Do they realize this place ain’t no such thing as civilized?

This article put me in a bad mood :/ Do you guys think that this guy is making sense or is he being irrational? I personally want RDR 2 to blow RDR 1 out of the water and be much more revolutionary. RDR 1 didn't set the bar extremely high imo because of its terrible coding and the limitations of the previous generation. PS3 and Xbox 360's graphics were hideous. PS4 and Xbox One took graphics to an insane level and I just can't imagine how next gen will look like.

https://www.cnet.com/news/why-im-worried-about-red-dead-redemption-2/

Edited by NightWalker14
48 minutes ago, Hugoat said:

It will be difficult to walk around here without a lamp.

reddeadredemption2-gp1tal-en_us-2160p.00_01_36_11.Still041

Rockstar started to get funny with ghosts easter eggs on GTA 5,i do not want to walk around that place at night.

25 minutes ago, BLOOD said:

It seems like RDR2 is taking the player-npc interaction from GTA V to the next level. Greatness!

Ah i think the source of inspiration came from Bully,Red Dead 2 has lots of similarities with Bully and Max Payne which kinda makes sense because development started in 2010 three years before GTA 5.

9 minutes ago, Shinola Gamer said:

Don't judge me but I like him more than John already.

Yeah honesty for me it's mostly his look. I loved John as a character, but never really liked his design very much. They gave him a bunch of scars, a bandolier, and vest with the sleeves ripped off to make him look really badass, but it just felt kinda unrealistic to me. I love that with Arthur, he's pretty much got your typical suspenders, button-down shirt and jacket, a pretty normal clean-shaven face, but then a really unique(yet realistic) hat. He just looks like an average cowboy.

TheOriginalGunslinger
35 minutes ago, Mach1bud said:

Dutch always said he was an arrogant son of a bitch as Bill mentioned after all but that could have been Bill spitting out bullsh*t as usual. It’s going to be interesting getting to witness this if it turns out to be true.

One thing that stood out for me when I played Red Dead Redemption was John actually never really wanted to kill Dutch, Bill or Javier. You could actually (as most of you obviously know) choose not to kill any of them if you wanted too. Well, Dutch’s fate is upon Dutch himself but you could have Abraham Reyes shoot Bill and you could capture Javier alive and turn him over to Edgar Ross and Archer. John’s loyalty seemed there hidden inside him still it felt. I wonder how all of this would have played out if he never had a family?

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger
  • Like 3
11 hours ago, Red Dead Rebel said:

Dynamic blood pile from blood dripping from his leg

D8Hj2rZ.gif

Very cool effect. I do hope if you shoot someone in the right spot on the leg or wherever you get a similar blood seepage. Of course, a high velocity rifle round or a point blank shotgun blast to the head will make a mess, but generally speaking, from what I'm to gather from the accounts of those who have actually witnessed people being shot, blood dripping or indeed pouring from the wound is more realistic than the blood explosion and subsequent splatter typical in movies. Rockstar did say they were going for realism, so perhaps that's what we should expect. 

For anyone who's interested, here are a few accounts from people who have witnessed shootings (not verified, so take with a grain of salt)

Spoiler

"I've seen a man being shot point blank with a shotgun round to the chest. While he dropped, he did not fly backwards; he laid on the ground, bleeding and moaning and dying. Pretty gruesome but not very Hollywood. As a firefighter/paramedic, I saw my share of GSWs and most weren't what you'd expect. Little holes in front, some blood trickling out the entrance, sometimes an exit wound. One poor soul shot himself in the mouth with his service revolver and we could see the round lying under his scalp but no exit wound. Then you have the guys who put the barrel in their mouth and make a complete mess of every thing. The difference? Muzzle velocity or just the mass of the projectiles and blast (shotgun is a good example.) As for deer, I've had plenty of them take rounds to the heart and lungs and run much farther than I would have ever expected them to. What Hollywood doesn't typically show is the instant drop you get from a head shot. None of this slow, keeling over. Drop a bag of potatoes to get an idea of the total disconnect you get with a shot to the grape"

"Over the years I treated a number of gunshot wounds as a paramedic from ~1979-1984.
A number of handgun rounds failed to exit in thoracic shots (all involved FMJs, bad guys use cheap ammo).
Entry wounds were small with minimal external bleeding. 
The skin and muscle wall closed tightly after bullet passage.
One victim in particular was unconscious and it took about 5 minutes to even find the entrance wound.
Another victim was alive and talking with a lower abdominal wound. He made it all the way to surgery and died as soon as the abdomen was opened. Nick in the descending aorta just below the diaphragm.
A head wound was DOA from a .22 RF. Shot by estranged husband while stopped at a light (less than 1 block from ER when shot).
A couple of suicides, all successful. At zero range even small calibers do a job on the skull and brain.

A pointblack shotgun to the head (nothing left but a stump really).
A rifle shot to the upper left chest, through and through, minimal bleeding and damage. Bullet never recovered. Fired from SK type gun at about 15 feet.

Knife wounds were invariably much bloodier scenes."

"I've seen where a guy took a 12 gage to the chest, made a hole, some blood came out, he then dropped like a sack of bricks."

"With a handgun, usually nothing happens. At least nothing dramatic. The person often doesn't even realize they've been shot. They may react with a defensive posture, but mostly they just stand there not quite sure what happened. Eventually, they realize they've actually been shot and slowly drop to the ground. Eventually, blood pressure drops and they start getting woozy and passing out."

"I have seen lots of animals shot, even shot a few, and I have seen a couple of people shot.
Hollywood movies are all about drama. Action is drama, and it is what sells. They exaggerate. Since each new film needs to go just a little bit further, in order to hold audience attention, everything keeps getting more and more graphic, and violent.
Look at the films from the 30s, people who got shot fell down, maybe knocking stuff over. No blood (or very little). Now part of that was just good taste, or a requirement by the censors, but part of it was actual representation of what really happened when a person got shot.

As far as real gunshot effects, most common is just dropping like a puppet with its strings cut, or like a "sack of potatoes".

Blood can most certainly pour or spurt from a wound. Seeping is more common, but if a major vein is hit, it will pour from the wound, and can form a arc of a few inches as long as the person is vertical. Hit an artery and blood will spurt, and continue as long as the heart keeps up the pressure. Arterial blood can spurt for several feet, and keeps doing it until the pressure drops. 

The popular image of the hero taking a bullet in the shoulder and a few minutes later climbing a ladder and then kicking the bad guy's butt in hand to hand combat is pretty much B.S. It can happen, under exactly the right conditions, but I wouldn't count on it.

I saw a 280lb man hit in the shin by a .357 Mag (160gr SWC) and blood poured out. He stayed on his feet for about 60 seconds, leaning in a doorway, and then slumped down, light headed due to blood loss, and the realization he had been shot. This was an accidental shooting, not a fight, so there were no adrenalin charged emotions involved. This guy certainly wouldn't have been able to kick any one's butt after being shot, in the shin! 

Want to know just how well the bullet energy will blow someone off their feet? Shoot something dead. See how much it moves. That is how much the bullet impact will blow them off their feet. Just a twitch, if that."