• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Emmi

• joshua969

• Groggy Gorilla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ladies and gentlemen, we have an announcement for you. Red Dead Network is now officially recognised!  

Part One:  

RIP Greenrock. 

Do you guys think the camp mechanic will still be there after the main story ending or will there be a definite kinda ending?

It would be weird if Arthur was all by himself after the main story for the endgame.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mamba_ said:

Omg imagine this is online and all those ppl are real

If that were online, all those people would be shooting each other.

1 hour ago, Shadowfennekin said:

Ugh please no,

They should have some actual balls and do what Bethesda stupidly refuses to do. Kids having immunity completely ruins the immersion! If I want to go on a crazy murder spree then I don't want any survivors!

This is never going to happen in a triple-A game.  Set aside your childish wants.  Not even a controversy-courter like Rockstar wants the blowback that would come from one of their games splashed on the evening news, showing players on a kid-killing rampage, juxtaposed with a story about the latest school shooting. They're not idiots, there are billions of dollars at stake.  And letting you do it would add so little to the game anyway - most players thankfully don't WANT to go around murdering children, even digital ones.

Can't wait to read newspapers again. I bet they will find some way to make them gamebreaking, too. I'm going to be a cheap bastard and antagonize a person to give me the papers instead of paying a dollar.

• Like 9

Looks like there's some kind of heat vision mechanic in this dead eye mode - to aid with hunting?

JonLYjy.jpg

Edited by Neudd
Imgur keep removing GIFs for some reason.
  • Like 9
GeorgeWashingtonxx77
1 minute ago, Reno_ said:

Can't wait to read newspapers again. I bet they will find some way to make them gamebreaking, too. I'm going to be a cheap bastard and antagonize a person to give me the papers instead of paying a dollar.

Same here. A classic one is when they predicted Trump in 2010 with "Make the West Fair Again".

5NffKdmVW2dpnpxkQOYdcZ4-JPRVKJ7j1AsBn7uF

Just now, Neudd said:

Looks like there's some kind of heat vision mechanic in this dead eye mode - to aid with hunting?

JonLYjy.jpg

XdlFZXr.gif

It definitely looks like it.

Also are those guys Pinkertons? 

Just now, Neudd said:

JonLYjy.jpg

XdlFZXr.gif

The brain and heart appear to be highlighted in red, and the effect gets stronger nearer the reticule. Neat!

• Like 7
1 minute ago, pjw said:

The brain and heart appear to be highlighted in red, and the effect gets stronger nearer the reticule. Neat!

That's him getting shot in the head, that'd be cool though

2 hours ago, RedDead2503 said:

do you guys think the part where the train stands still and the guy aiming at the people is online?

He looks like the "rival gang" member from the end of the trailer

3 minutes ago, greggorio said:

That's him getting shot in the head, that'd be cool though

CFhmF8i.png

This is before he takes the first shot, defo red near the reticle! You can see it barely on the left guy.

edit: I imagine this is to help with getting clean kills when hunting.

Edited by Neudd
  • Like 3

It's like bits of Sniper Elite made it into Dead Eye!

GeorgeWashingtonxx77
Just now, Avzri said:

I just can't get over that gameplay. I'm so happy I fell like I woke up on 4/20 🤤

Not only that, but that we will also get at least one more part of a gameplay video coming out. I think 98 % of us in here thought this was it as far as gameplay was concerned. So hyped to see the next one with information about missions, activities and more!

1 minute ago, 1898 said:

Looks like the same place but different seasons.

I actually never thought of that and just assumed color palette and change to a less arid look. Seasonal changes would be amazing.

• Like 3

I won't say that my excitement went through the roof, 'cause I'll be convinced (definitely) on the October 26th, but for the first time in a long time, it just seems - it just seems for now - that we'll see some proper interaction between player and the surrounding world, peds and even (in-game ) nature itself. I can believe they finally figured out to 'animate' that whole world a bit more and not only to give attention to the player and the narrative. Those little things count, damn it. Just take a glance on how horse 'instinctively' avoids getting too close to the crock. Or, how in the hell we were bound all these years to whatever the game set for us, not being able to actually participate in the outcome ourselves? Peds were nothing but the sitting ducks, textured meat waiting to be executed, no matter if they were ' good ', ' bad ' ( or ugly :D ) or anything in between. There was no " action-reaction-consequence " whatsoever. Or look at those neat animations of bear - wolf encounter, so lifelike and smooth and looking tense. I honestly thought, that numerous R* games will follow that line after GTA San Andreas set that trend a bit timidly back in 2004, but I guess we needed to wait 14 friggin years to see it continue once again. Okay, I'm not saying GTA or RDR games have to be classic RPG games, far from it, but they need to be at least good at faking it. Could we actually see a grater leap towards the RPG elements in this one? I sure do hope so.

I sometimes go too far and talk bs, but on the other hand, sometimes I'm really convinced they intentionally lower the bar too deep in some aspects of the game, just so it would seem they risen it too high the other, and managed to do something extraordinary. But, I guess, even that is an art for itself, being able to pull that off.

• Like 9
1 hour ago, NightWalker14 said:

Do you think that we'll be able to change the game camera or is it going to be dynamic and change depending on the situation? I noticed that there were different views of Arthur in the gameplay video.

I'll say this I hope so. I mean if not I'll get used to it. However, I'll point this out for you. Just don't ask me for the source cause I don't remember which magazine it was during the May previews. I think it was either Spanish or Italian, again idk. But they wrote "Point of view has been closer. Camera will change depending on what you're doing (shooting, hunting, etc.) No words if the camera can be changed manually" I wrote this down in my notes cause it kinda concerned me, and I'll say that looks to be true. So I'd say go in not expecting to be able to change the camera. Accept the change now that way it doesn't affect your enjoyment of the game when it launches. However, if you can change it come release then great. Just go in prepared not to is all.

Edited by GlitterCorn69
25 minutes ago, Neudd said:

CFhmF8i.png

This is before he takes the first shot, defo red near the reticle! You can see it barely on the left guy.

edit: I imagine this is to help with getting clean kills when hunting.

Yeah, hunting makes sense. Gonna be weird if we can make clean kills on humans, too... That attention to detail could be pretty cool, if not unsettling lol Which is great! 👍

TheOriginalGunslinger
36 minutes ago, Boone_Tuva said:

Sorry, had to do it. 

mYUE5op.png

You know what is so f*cking cool about this shot (aside from the fact Arthur gets muddy and the mud stays on his clothes) is not only are the fellas who are closer to Arthur (who was just thrown through a window) trying to understand what’s happening but a ways down the road check out one of the NPCs to the far right... instead of standing there like a mindless zombie he recognizes something is going on down the road and turns his head from there.

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger