4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Spider-Vice

Red Dead Redemption 2 Gameplay Series Discussion

INFERNO E100
On 10/2/2018 at 11:35 AM, vKing said:

No, you can cock the revolver before you shoot by holding down the R2 button all the way and not releasing it. Multiple previews have already confirmed this.

You press R2 to shoot. And if it's a single action gun arthur cocks and then fires. Which is a bit slower than a dual action gun. 

vKing
2 hours ago, INFERNO E100 said:

You press R2 to shoot. And if it's a single action gun arthur cocks and then fires. Which is a bit slower than a dual action gun. 

Yes, if the player holds down the R2 button all the way Arthur will cock the revolver, only releasing the R2 button will shoot. If you press R2 and release it super fast that will let off a shot with a slight delay because Arthur has to cock the revolver first. Arthur can also shoot from the hip by tapping R2, he will also fan the revolver while doing so. The carbines are also different in a way. Pressing R2 will instantly fire off the rifle but when pressing R2 again it will only cock back the bolt(bolt actions) or load another round into the chamber (repeaters/carbines)

I'm aware O'Dwyer said that there is no such thing as cocking a revolver but his dumb ass never thought of trying to hold down R2 which is why he missed it. There are multiple talented/smart foreign journalists that tried this out and explained it in their articles. (Vg247 too i guess)

•  Using a bolt action rifle, Arthur needs to tap R2 between shots to load the next round.

• the rapid fire from the hip, which can be used simply by pressing R2 while we are not aiming. In this case the shots exploded with the colt will be as fast as we are quick to repeatedly press the right trigger, causing Arthur to put in the classic pose that made Western movies famous

• Shooting with the carbine is of course different, because with a single pressure on R2 it is shooting, afterwards reloading and then shooting again. You therefore need two pressures each time to fire your weapon, as this weapon will not automatically load. Just a detail,

https://www.hobbyconsolas.com/reportajes/impresiones-red-dead-redemption-2-ps4-xbox-one-303963?utm_content=buffer8ee19&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=HC

• Depending on the rifle or revolver that we wield, the firing system requires drawing, cocking and firing. When we have finished using the weapon, we must reinforce it; if we press only once, in a mechanical way, but if we do it twice, giving a couple of turns to the revolver, as a Lone Ranger.
Edited by vKing

Cutter De Blanc

My new favorite Arthur quote is "I'M HERE FUH MUHNEH!"

damienrayemusic
1 hour ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

My new favorite Arthur quote is "I'M HERE FUH MUHNEH!"

WHERE IS IT?! 

Orfan Loom

DELETED

Edited by Orfan Loom

Orfan Loom
On 10/5/2018 at 11:22 AM, damienrayemusic said:

WHERE IS IT?! 

Here 

AJDrumbox

The strange man talks about a raid on a large boat in RDR1... John is shot on this boat and he talks of a charachter called Hadi McCork that the gang shoots! So a river boat heist must be in RDR2? Yes?

Edited by AJDrumbox

P.T.

So i have heard that supposedly some dutch game magazine says that if you turn HUD off, that the NPCs will then describe places to you , to try to help you find them. Is this confirmed or just a rumor?

I kinda have to find it odd 1 little Dutch magazine gets this info and none of the others. Seems like kinda big news Rockstar would want everyone to know and make sure the big outlets covered it as well.

Anyone know for sure if this is legit?

BretMaverick777
23 hours ago, AJDrumbox said:

The strange man talks about a raid on a large boat in RDR1... John is shot on this boat and he talks of a charachter called Hadi McCork that the gang shoots! So a river boat heist must be in RDR2? Yes?

Apparently more than 1. 

From RDR1, the botched ferry heist seemed to happen around 1906, and involved Dutch shooting a girl named Heidi McCourt.  No idea why, or why that seemed to be so important to The Strange Man (even though Dutch didn't seem to be a random murderer of innocents....even in 1911, both John and Edgar Ross were kinda horrified to see Dutch murder his bank teller hostage in Blackwater   That didn't seem to be in his character.)   And the gang apparently abandoned John at that point and left him for dead on that boat.  

Then there's the Blackwater Massacre of 1899, which we know opens RDR2.   It's still unclear whether that's a boat heist, or a bank heist.   I've heard both versions in multiple reviews, but it's apparently not something we'll see at all unless it's in flashback. And *this* heist seems to be where John got his scars, even though Strange Man implied it was the 1906 heist.   So....it's all confusing right now.

22 hours ago, P.T. said:

So i have heard that supposedly some dutch game magazine says that if you turn HUD off, that the NPCs will then describe places to you , to try to help you find them. Is this confirmed or just a rumor?

I kinda have to find it odd 1 little Dutch magazine gets this info and none of the others. Seems like kinda big news Rockstar would want everyone to know and make sure the big outlets covered it as well.

Anyone know for sure if this is legit?

Let's just say reported, but not confirmed.   Seems like a lot of work to add to the voice-acting, just for something as simple as getting directions, but we'll see. 

Edited by BretMaverick777

Danbackup

Boa noite, sou novo aqui e queria saber se alguem sabe o dia que libera o download em psn de rdr 2? You felt that seria 22, mas eu não sei se é verdade, obrigado.

Edited by Danbackup

OpenM3RKMUS1C
On 8/8/2018 at 8:14 AM, AdlersHand said:

Just a shame all the hype has died.

Or something....

No it hasn't

Adrenalist

After watching these two trailers over the last few weeks, I am unbelievably excited. It’s almost as if R* quietly listens and takes everyone’s thoughts and concerns into consideration. With every little detail they have announced, along with other reviewers, it sounds like it’s going to be damn close to perfect. Which.... is kind of the norm for R*. 

I love this time of year. There is not one thing I’ve thought of that makes me happier in these last few weeks. Perhaps months. 

I just have one more weekend to get everything in order so that I can hibernate in the R* world, for most all of my free time, for many months to come. I truly can’t wait. 

R* puts so much care into their products, that it’s like receiving a gift. My $60 hardly reflects the amount of heart poured into this. Thank you, R*. For that is all I can really do or say to show my appreciation. Thank you.

weapnsdealer
2 hours ago, Adrenalist said:

After watching these two trailers over the last few weeks, I am unbelievably excited. It’s almost as if R* quietly listens and takes everyone’s thoughts and concerns into consideration. With every little detail they have announced, along with other reviewers, it sounds like it’s going to be damn close to perfect. Which.... is kind of the norm for R*. 

I love this time of year. There is not one thing I’ve thought of that makes me happier in these last few weeks. Perhaps months. 

I just have one more weekend to get everything in order so that I can hibernate in the R* world, for most all of my free time, for many months to come. I truly can’t wait. 

R* puts so much care into their products, that it’s like receiving a gift. My $60 hardly reflects the amount of heart poured into this. Thank you, R*. For that is all I can really do or say to show my appreciation. Thank you.

Same here. I couldn't agree more. Rockstar withholds a lot of information and that is a good thing, no matter what people say. Most movies with plots that revolve around a certain amount of suspense and surprises are ruined nowadays with bad trailers revealing way too much info. The movie Jaws was great because you don't actually see the shark until very late into the movie. Jurassic World trailers revealed the new dinosaur instead of keeping it hidden from the audience until they were in the theater. Rockstar emulates movies and the good aspects of Hollywood in all of their games. 

With RDR2, they are only revealing what they think is necessary to generate interest and pre-orders and to have dozens of articles written about the game and the marketing of the game itself. No one else does that. Bethesda came close when they announced FO4 only 4 months before release, and they didn't delay the game. That was solid marketing. 

So far, Rockstar have only revealed info regarding the world, the lore, the backstory, the weapons, the animals, and some of the activities you'll be able to do. Same with a majority of the preview articles. 

I have 10 days from now to be proven wrong, but I think one thing that will impress and "wow" people is the new lasso. I think it'll be a multi-tool and have more uses than the first iteration RDR. I believe you will be able to set traps, tie it between trees, drag people and animals more efficiently, maybe drag a cart or log up a slope and tie it off to a tree above a road to set a trap that is less than lethal than setting dynamite. The lasso was everyone's favorite part of RDR, more or less. So far, almost nothing has been said about it, or even shown off. There was a quick scene in game play trailer #2 where you see someone leading 3 horses behind his all tied together with ropes. I anticipate that we will be able to do the same in and out of missions. People will probably be finding new ways to use the lasso for awhile, and entire YouTube videos will be made dedicated to its uses. Again, the lasso is a huge part of RDR gameplay, and they havent exhibited it at all. That says alot. Alot of good if you ask me. I bet the rope will be a physical thing and not clip through trees and poles when you drag people. 

Back to the details, how many "100 little details" videos came out after GTA5? People legitimately found about 500 little details unique to that game and its world. It is unprecedented. I already see a video concentrating on Arthur stepping in horse sh*t in the street and saying something about it. That video will have hundreds of thousands of views. And yet, that will just be one of hundreds and hundreds of little details. Its hard to comprehend the amount of work that went into this game. 

Not saying I had any impact on GTA5, but I did send Rockstar an email asking for more buildings to be climbable and accessible with ladders and to be able to get on top of more without helicopters or cheesing your way on top. GTA4 takes place in a fictional version of a city know for the buildings and skyline, and yet its a very flat and lateral game since 95% of the buildings rooftops are inaccessible without a helicopter. They replied with a "thanks, but we cant accept ideas blah blah blah." But sure enough, GTA5 had about 95% of the buildings accessible with ladders or dumpsters or such. So yes, they do listen to their fans. And they always improve from game to game. They dont regress or get repetitive. Black Ops 4 is still using sounds and animations from MW1. 

I do actually have gripes and complaints and criticisms of GTA5 and RDR since ive played them so much. But thats what happens when you plays the same game too much. I was disappointed that GTA5 had so little to do after the campaign, and RDRs bounty hunting missions were so repetitive. 

All in all, i have full faith in the thousands of people involved in RDR2 and know itll be the one game that makes me keep my PS4 in the future, the same way RDR has made me keep my PS3 all these years. 

Edited by weapnsdealer
changed number of gameply trailer from 1 to 2

TEDDIbear

I can only imagine what Rockstar is going to make in next GTA. Cause as i know, they are testing all cool features on other games before puting awesome new sings into next gta version. 

Haha365
2 hours ago, TEDDIbear said:

I can only imagine what Rockstar is going to make in next GTA. Cause as i know, they are testing all cool features on other games before puting awesome new sings into next gta version. 

GTA 6: Horse Testicle Stories

phillipshead
On 8/17/2018 at 1:55 PM, phillipshead said:

Steven Ogg will not be in RDR2...nor will Shawn Fonteno...nor will Ned Luke...I think

OK...wrong here.  Ned Luke is in Red Dead.  Ogg and Fonteno are not. 

feckyerlife
6 minutes ago, phillipshead said:

OK...wrong here.  Ned Luke is in Red Dead.  Ogg and Fonteno are not. 

I hear Ogg is in the Epilouge

phillipshead
On 11/7/2018 at 12:29 PM, feckyerlife said:

I hear Ogg is in the Epilouge

That is NOT Steven Ogg