• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Emmi

• joshua969

• Groggy Gorilla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ladies and gentlemen, we have an announcement for you. Red Dead Network is now officially recognised!  

Part One:  

RIP Greenrock. 

Just now, GeorgeWashingtonxx77 said:

Good explanation but it still doesn't add up for me, too much one side to another. Like you said the deal itself is crazy, so I'll doubt we will hear anything more about it anyways.

the only explanation is he's talking complete rubbish

the only way he can back up his claims of a 12th pick up is posting a picture of his receipt stating that fact which he claims he has

1 minute ago, Cyraxx said:

Ha, I remember that, good times. I remember watching super sh*tty pixellated footage of GTA 4 before it was released in awe of how good it looked back then. Even saw the cutscene of Trevor and Johnny in GTA 5 way before it was out too. 

I find it hard to believe RDR2 won't be leaked before it's out, question is, how many of us are gonna watch footage? I'm too weak I probably will haha

I'll watch if it's a free-roam video.  I just don't want the story ruined.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Red Hardbro said:

Seems like all the other take two 2k games get early releases when you pre-order you usually get 5 day early access or something like that. For nba or wwe wish they would do that for Rdr 2 it would make it better to actually buy the ultimate editions and special their would actually be a reason to buy those editions to get the game early!

Yea EA and Ubisoft have been cashing in on it too, moving their traditional US Tuesday releases to the EU's Friday and giving you access 3 days early on the Tuesday if you pre-order a special edition. We'd have heard about it by now if it was going to happen with RDR2's editions I think.

Just now, joshua969 said:

I'll watch if it's a free-roam video.  I just don't want the story ruined.

There were a few bootleg streams of both games at the time of them leaking advertising just that, so hopefully it'll happen again too, agreed

GeorgeWashingtonxx77
Just now, INFERNO E100 said:

the only way he can back up his claims of a 12th pick up is posting a picture of his receipt stating that fact which he claims he has

Tend to agree like my comments before would show but I also find it weird how he would suddenly lie about something like this, isn't he one of the more respected users in here?

17 minutes ago, GeorgeWashingtonxx77 said:

I don't got much knowledge of how open world games work in terms of what power it has, but shouldn't a system like Xbox One X be able to run RDR 2 on 60 fps on 1080p or as low as 720p? 

Absolutely, but its just not a high priority for a game of this genre. 

9 minutes ago, Reno_ said:

Do you think we will have a whole map availible from the start or that we'll have to explore like in V to uncover the map?

I hope its like RDR1, you gotta play the storyline to open new areas. We have it too easy nowadays.

7 minutes ago, Auditore said:

It might be bullsh*t but remember all those leaked GTA 5 gameplay videos few days before release?It could happen again

This was uploaded September 13,GTA 5 released September 17

Of course something like this will be expected with RDR2.

1 minute ago, Horrid_Saiyam said:

I’m fine if someone leaks the gameplay of just roaming around the world and shooting people

i just hope no one spoils the f*cking game man

It's inevitable and going to happen regardless. The real question is how fast are Rockstar's ninjas these days, 5 years on? lol

Fortunately they can disable streaming and media shares from consoles before release but it won't eliminate leaks.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, GeorgeWashingtonxx77 said:

Tend to agree like my comments before would show but I also find it weird how he would suddenly lie about something like this, isn't he one of the more respected users in here?

No one is saying he's lying, just that a Gamestop employee has spun him a tale. Damien's a good lad.

• Like 8
Just now, DGSimo said:

It's inevitable and going to happen regardless. The real question is how fast are Rockstar's ninjas these days, 5 years on? lol

Fortunately they can disable streaming and media shares from consoles before release but it won't eliminate leaks.

Yeah they were getting shut down left and right at the time, but more would just pop up again every hour or so on all sorts of sites, even YouTube lol

1 minute ago, Cyraxx said:

Yeah they were getting shut down left and right at the time, but more would just pop up again every hour or so on all sorts of sites, even YouTube lol

Me watching leaked gameplay on YouTube but trying to not read the comments section

200.gif

The worst spoilers are the text comments on places like YouTube, Twitch, reddit etc. Youtube and Twitch streams are easy to avoid, but people sneaking in spoilers where you don't expect are the worst kind. I avoid those problem areas like the plague come the release of something I'm looking forward to.

GeorgeWashingtonxx77
1 minute ago, Jason said:

No one is saying he's lying, just that a Gamestop employee has spun him a tale. Damien's a good lad.

Maybe he has and it is the more likely outcome, but don't take that as a fact when we don't know anything about the situation lol, I like Damien too and have had only friendly conversations with him, just have a feeling he might have misunderstood what the manager told him.

26 minutes ago, Auditore said:

It might be bullsh*t but remember all those leaked GTA 5 gameplay videos few days before release?It could happen again

This was uploaded September 13,GTA 5 released September 17

Spoiler

I remember that, Amazon sent copies 4 days before GTA V's release and Rockstar wasn't too happy. In a statement they said "We are in the process of investigating early 'sales' to determine how and why that is occurring" 

Source: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-09-15-rockstar-investigating-gta-v-early-sales

But RDR II is still going to get leaked (Gameplay, Story etc.) before the 26th without a doubt.

Edited by eyman
HisMastersReview

There's a small game shop in London, actually North Croydon in the UK run by some Indians, they said that if they get the game a day or 2 early people can come and collect it then but I don't think an entire week or 2 early is going to be legally possible. They could be liable for thousands of pounds of damage 

Yea the game will leak, like Heckler said the UAE is notorious for breaking video game street dates these days. We'll likely see it leak in that part of the world a week or so before release.

GeorgeWashingtonxx77
3 minutes ago, Bootmannz said:

Could the gamestop guy have meant the pre order collectors items?

It's something like this that I think happened. But Jason and Joshua seem to know the situation as they were there. But I guess we should let it rest as it's been talked about much now.

1 hour ago, GeorgeWashingtonxx77 said:

Rockstar's been dead silent for some time now. Praying that they will post some screenshots or artwork today, but not sure what history Rockstar has with posting RDR stuff on Fridays.

Really now, we are spoiled nowadays. Remember there was a 7 month wait without a single word, between October 2016 and May 2017. 

2 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

Seeing as this is becoming a bit of a general RDR2 chat thread, I decided to reopen the original thread. We're back :)  Let's keep this one for Gameplay discussion.

Damn I still have notifications for when theres new posts in that thread, they will be turned off A-SAP.

alright you guys I'm gonna squash this since it's such a hot topic when we should be excited about RDR2. Also thank you George, spider, Jason, Capt, simo, etc for all sticking up for me.

Blook, I AM SORRY for any hurt feelings\misleading I caused. I can promise you it was not my intention and the general consensus in here from what I see, the people who actually know me pretty well all back up that I'm a good guy and don't deserve the sh*t just because of something I told of what I heard. I even said that his details were spotty at best on if this was an ultimate edition only thing yet to be announced IF at all, I made clear as best as I could this was exciting be it a tale from him or a true thing, listen I never meant about PLAYING the game early either. I meant owning it, the physical copy, you get it early! aka you avoid rush hour the release day and you can just play immediately at release just like a digital copy! he told me I will get the code for the ultimate edition content inside the case, some of you please put some thought into this do you really think even if this happens, that the content will be playable?  and to tell you the truth since I am a good person , who gets nervous doing things I don't think are right, like lying or playing a game before intended release I don't wanna play anyways that early I just want to own the game if I could. it doesn't feel right to me it isn't fair to anybody else and it sure as hell doesnt feel good for me, I wanted to play the game on the release date of the ok corral. and on top of that, unless, I stress UNLESS by the slim chance that as I said, if this was a deal yet to be announced from R* considering GameStop has been struggling, this may have been a deal made to help them out although I doubt it but it is a possibility you just never know with R*. I never lied I simply told you what excited me last night about possible owning our beloved game earlier. and no I did NOT mean playing it I literally just meant get the game, owning it! the wait would be over you're relieved you have it in your hands finally! Lastly, game is unfortunately gonna leak anyways:(( but even if people play early, the rules would be to NOT share anything whatsoever or you would get banned. That would be rude to others too, I'd be pissed if I got spoiled. Last thing I'd do is spoil someone else. Anyways

the idea is for the game and content to be locked until release date but you pick it up early to encourage more  store growth. and yes I have a source for that after doing some digging http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/10/retailers-want-to-sell-you-games-weeks-early-according-to-report

Edited by damienrayemusic
Made link clickable.
13 minutes ago, Jason said:

Youtube and Twitch streams are easy to avoid, but people sneaking in spoilers where you don't expect are the worst kind. I avoid those problem areas like the plague come the release of something I'm looking forward to.

Agreed and same. I've seen streamers who had their donation notifications set as text-to-speech and people have just donated to have the bot read out their message of game play spoilers. People who do that are utter scum. :angry:

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, damienrayemusic said:

Just as a general reply to this, there is one glaring issue with this and that's that the only way to lock the content is with online (unlocking with a patch). No dev/publisher has the balls to release a game with single player, or even a single player only game, where you can't play it entirely offline. See: Microsoft's original Xbox One plan to see how the response to something very similar to this went.

• Like 1
GeorgeWashingtonxx77

I'm having a hard time understanding how this is still being talked about. And if anyone got hurt by your post Damien, they are a bunch of sad geeks. It's obvious that you meant no harm whenever you're right or wrong. 

34 minutes ago, Cyraxx said:

Ha, I remember that, good times. I remember watching super sh*tty pixellated footage of GTA 4 before it was released in awe of how good it looked back then. Even saw the cutscene of Trevor and Johnny in GTA 5 way before it was out too. 

I find it hard to believe RDR2 won't be leaked before it's out, question is, how many of us are gonna watch footage? I'm too weak I probably will haha

The thing about the leaked gameplay for GTA 5 is that at least most leakers were reasonable and only showed free roam footage,just cruising around in a car,going to the airport,no story related stuff,but nowadays things are different people are leaking endings of games for no reason and putting final bosses and twists on thumbnails,i had to download a keyword block to get away from God of War Spoilers sh*t was nuts.

• Like 2

Towards the end of the gameplay trailer when the gang is galloping away, one of them says something.  Did anyone make out what was said ?  It's kind of hard to hear.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, INFERNO E100 said:

Bruh.....it’s not that deep....like seriously......

• Like 2