• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• joshua969

• Emmi

• Groggy Gorilla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ladies and gentlemen, we have an announcement for you. Red Dead Network is now officially recognised!  

Part One:  

RIP Greenrock. 

TheOriginalGunslinger

1 hour ago, Cheesy Vaginas said:

Am I the only one worried that they haven't shown any swimming yet?

44 minutes ago, J.Dillinger Blackheart said:

It's a useless feature imo tbh.

I actually gotta agree. I’ll be spending most of my time on horseback and on foot anyways so swimming wouldn’t even cross my mind in this game. As far as any kind of water goes fishing on a boat will do it for me. :^:

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger

3 hours ago, BLOOD said:

I have a feeling John will become the protagonist after Arthur dies at the end. RDR will have a spin off take place outside the US let say in Ancient Japan or China and then RDR4 will return to US in the very start of wild west. RDR5 will have three protagonist system or similar mechanic like GTA V.

I can't believe they would pull that sh*t again.  But if they are determined to do so, I'd guess that the story ends up that Arthur dies to save Marston, whether or not Marston actually sees it or knows it at the time.  And of course it will be in a cutscene that we have no control over.  Just for the extra frustration factor.  

Arthur's martyrdom would give Rockstar the opportunity for a cheap, cheesy, super-emotional mourning scene, that would crush all the players who invested two years of anticipation, longing, empathy and immersion in the virtual persona of Arthur Morgan.  It would be emotionally devastating to millions of fans.  Lots of crying.  Lots of good reviews.  

Then, after all the heartstrings are pulled, all the tears are shed, and each fan finds his own way through the steps of grief, the funeral cutscene continues as the camera shifts, to the view behind John Marston, as the game transitions to John's point of view, for a final story arc, to resolve and declare John Marston as the past and future hero of RDR.  

The screen prompt says, "Mount your horse.  Leave the area."  In the player-controlled gameplay that begins this final story arc, John turns away from the other sombre, sobbing members of the funeral party, and walks away, toward the icon indicating his horse.  The camera follows him, as walks up to his faithful steed, puts foot in stirrup, and mounts, to begin the symbolic final chapter of RDR2.  

As we, the player, use the left stick to turn our horse around and head out to the open prairie, push left stick forward and mash the X button to ride away, into a sunset forever changed by events, John calls out, in that familiar, beloved John Marston voice, "Work it, ya nag!!"  

Edited by saintsrow
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, BLOOD said:

I have a feeling John will become the protagonist after Arthur dies at the end. RDR will have a spin off take place outside the US let say in Ancient Japan or China and then RDR4 will return to US in the very start of wild west. RDR5 will have three protagonist system or similar mechanic like GTA V.

I don't think so. Many mechanics are built around Arthur. Like, I don't think John can fight like Arthur or lift a deer like that for example.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shinola Gamer said:

Aparantly is R2 to aim and R2 again to shoot lol.

You hold r2 to aim and then you let go to shoot, at least for npcs. In combat is probably l2 to aim and r2 to shoot

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, greggorio said:

You hold r2 to aim and then you let go to shoot, at least for npcs. In combat is probably l2 to aim and r2 to shoot

I don't think so. R2 isn't hold to aim from what we've seen so far. For NPC interaction, you don't hold R2 to aim. You only press it once to bring up your gun (and aim obviousely since you're already holding L2). You can press it again to shoot or triangle to shoot in the air (from the witness scene)

Buttons you're supposed to hold have a circle around them. R2 doesn't have a circle. It's a press-once button.

ltCL6Bo.jpg

Edited by Red Dead Rebel

6 minutes ago, Red Dead Rebel said:

I don't think so. Many mechanics are built around Arthur. Like, I don't think John can fight like Arthur or lift a deer like that for example.

Which is why I'm so intrigued by the possible ending(s) of this game.

1) If you end the game by having Arthur either die or flee, then automatically you have to switch to John Marston. However by doing this, you're creating plot holes. How is Marston capable of lifting a deer and being an expert fighter with the frame he has? Marston actually looks a bit slimmer than in RDR1, probably because he's not on the verge of being a middle aged man in this iteration.

2) If you end the game as John and settle in Beecher's Hope to build your ranch (according to that leak), how do you justify having Marston still run amok the RDR2 map, robbing trains and banks, etc.

3) If the game ends and your gang, regardless of how it happens, is split up and/or most of the members are arrested and dead, wouldn't it be weird to lose what seems like such a big part of this game? The camp looks to be not only an essential storytelling device but also a key feature of RDR2. Getting rid of it by the end of the game will feel just like TLAD when the Clubhouse is burnt down and The Lost MC is dismantled.

4) On the other hand, if RDR2 ends with the gang still together, then it's not really a satisfying ending now is it? The whole purpose of this game is without a doubt to connect the dots between RDR I and II and to explain what happened to Dutch's gang and how it all fell apart. I think this is the least likely ending we could see.

Other than that, I'm not really sure how they could end this game without falling into one of these 4 traps. But I sure am pumped to see what they've got up their sleeve!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Red Dead Rebel said:

I don't think so. R2 isn't hold to aim from what we've seen so far. For NPC interaction, you don't hold R2 to aim. You only press it once to bring up your gun and aim since you're already holding L2. You can press it again to shoot or triangle to shoot in the air (from the witness scene)

Buttons you're supposed to hold have a circle around them. R2 doesn't have a circle. It's a press-once button.

ltCL6Bo.jpg

So while holding L2 you press R2 to go into aim mode, then while still holding L2 you can use R2 to shoot?

Edit: Lol nvm I see you already cleared that up.

Edited by Bootmannz

58 minutes ago, Emmi said:

Crazy!

The animations are incredibly good! That gif could be straight outta The Last of Us Part 2.

Notice the two women (who sit on the bench) talking to each other in the background ... seems like they talk about something going on further down the *street*.

This gameplay video is already lots of proof that R* wasn't bullsh*tting about NPC's going about their lifes and living INDIVIDUALLY from the player (Arthur).

Also notice how the guy turns his head to Arthur and looks what he is up to.

And the building on the left of the store looks like a building that's currently in the *making* and might as well be finished later on in the game ... something that was also said in the previews and in the interview with Rob Nelson.

98PNqmf.gif

Thanks @Neudd for the amazing gif's!

PS.: This must be the first game where the actual gameplay video looks better than the cinematic trailers in terms of visuals! Crazy crazy job from R*.

Well mainly because this is 4K on a Pro while others were 1080p base

• Like 2

Just now, Bootmannz said:

So while holding L2 you press R2 to go into aim mode, then while still holding L2 you can use R2 to shoot?

From what I gathered so far, yes.

1 hour ago, TheOriginalGunslinger said:

“We need to get those people warm *very, very slight pause* and fed...”

5zwYHec.png

I love this shot when it was shown in the gameplay video. The way Dutch spoke that line you can instantly tell he was f*cking freezing. It’s as if he was shivering when uttering words.

Perhaps they were on their way to these people?

vlcsnap-error895.png

Wouldn't Hosea be riding with Dutch and Arthur then....?

w4WryUc.jpg

5 minutes ago, BretMaverick777 said:

Wouldn't Hosea be riding with Dutch and Arthur then....?

w4WryUc.jpg

Maybe Hosea was watching over them 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Aborted_Fetus said:

INAiWOt.jpg

I was freeze framing the trailer and couldn't help but laugh at Arthur here.

I stare at the picture and all I see is this huge, f*cking huge forest in the background to the right ... there must be hundreds of trees there! Oh man, I can't wait to explore this area.

1 hour ago, RP2012 said:

Here's my unlikely theory: Those are the graves of John and Abigail Marston.

I think there's a possibility that we'll experience a time jump with Arthur toward the end of the game, the same way there was a time jump with Jack at the end of RDR.

I'm thinking we didn't hear about Arthur at all in RDR 1 because he left the gang and was presumed dead by everyone EXCEPT John, Abigail, Uncle, and Jack

Long story short: The end of RDR 2 will overlap with the end of RDR

Jack Marston already had the dubious honor of being the one to dig those graves.   Plus, there's a third grave at Beecher's Hope for an unnamed Marston daughter who died between 1906 and 1911.   (Nobody ever talks about her, but hey.)  

ev0ynVn.jpg

That being said:   your theory might not be entirely off the mark, though.   Arthur *could* be digging *fake* graves for John and Abigail Marston, in 1906.   We still have no idea how the Marstons were able to get off scot-free and live peacefully at Beecher's Hope from 1906 to 1911.   You'd think that Dutch and/or Edgar Ross would have a vested interest in still hunting down John Marston, if either knew he was still alive after the botched ferry robbery.   Maybe Arthur helped the Marston family fake their deaths, and those "graves" are marked somewhere else on the map, while the Marstons rode off peacefully to build their dream home at Beecher's Hope.   Or maybe it's a witness protection program, like Michael DeSanta earned, that John managed by snitching on the gang to Ross, and Arthur is in on it.  

Or, more likely, it's just that Arthur takes responsibility as gang lieutenant and sees to it that any of his fallen brothers in arms get a proper burial.  I don't think those two graves belong to John and Abigail, for continuity reasons, but I do agree with you that they belong to gang members. 

8 hours ago, tsycho said:

I wonder who this dude is. We know Lenny, Hosea, Sadie, Sean Mcguire and of course all the guys from RDR 1. But this man is unknown.

That guy looks to me like a not-f*cked up Seth Briars, but of course he ISN'T Seth. But he looks similar.

rjrjjj.jpg

I've been asking this for some time now. 

He's shown riding with the gang in several shots, including this mission, where Dutch wants to "borrow some money from Uncle Sam."  

Somebody theorized that he's actually Hosea Matthews.   LOL.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, eighthdoctor said:

LOL! :lol: Horseshoes, blackjack and liar's dice I enjoyed but I've no clue about poker and forget five finger filet. My brain's screaming the button pattern but my fingers hit everything else! :facedesk:

I loved poker but five finger fillet was one of the most cancerous mini-games ever. 

10 hours ago, Mach1bud said:

You are talking about elk. Not moose. There were no moose in RDR at all. Two different animals.

Moose are way bigger than elk.

Yea and their antlers are very different. I've seen them all in person. 

Also I can't help but wonder, does this board not have good APNG support? those are much better than GIFs(which can only hold 256 colours)

8 hours ago, RedDead2503 said:

saw this on youtube, I actually like it. apart from that its not west virginia ofc

Roanoke Ridge is pretty much West Virginia/Appalachia, so yeah....it fits

10 hours ago, Neudd said:

656qfZJ.gif

Arthur is thrown out of the saloon he is playing poker in this scene.

poker-screenshot.jpg

In the screenshot it would be the bay window behind Arthur in that building he is thrown out of.

He was probably caught cheating, or at the least someone is very unhappy at losing.

But according to the minimap there are four dead bodies and three ally in that saloon.

9 hours ago, RedDead2503 said:

saw this on youtube, I actually like it. apart from that its not west virginia ofc

I see more in the visuals of these recut mashups with nice soundtracks, than I see in the original Rockstar trailers. The slick narration in the trailers actually distracts my attention from the beautiful, detailed scenes.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MarlboroMan1995 said:

What if Beechers hope is one of the gangs camps at some point? And John just returns there later. 

Beecher's Hope isn't marked on the map as a camp/hideout.   (Cochinay is.)  

Beecher's Hope is marked only with the yellow dot of a "Settlement." 

• Like 1

Is it just me or does RDR 2 seem really off? Do you guys have any complaints about everything you've seen about the game thus far or is it exceeding your expectations? Maybe I'm just in a bad depression at the moment and everything seems negative and foggy right now. I can't even enjoy playing video games anymore and I all of a sudden lost all of my excitement for RDR 2 due to my bad mindset and mental illness. Hopefully RDR 2 will get me out of this rut and give me a more positive outlook on life.

Edited by NightWalker14

1 hour ago, ThroatSlasher2 said:

Which is why I'm so intrigued by the possible ending(s) of this game.

1) If you end the game by having Arthur either die or flee, then automatically you have to switch to John Marston. However by doing this, you're creating plot holes. How is Marston capable of lifting a deer and being an expert fighter with the frame he has? Marston actually looks a bit slimmer than in RDR1, probably because he's not on the verge of being a middle aged man in this iteration.

2) If you end the game as John and settle in Beecher's Hope to build your ranch (according to that leak), how do you justify having Marston still run amok the RDR2 map, robbing trains and banks, etc.

3) If the game ends and your gang, regardless of how it happens, is split up and/or most of the members are arrested and dead, wouldn't it be weird to lose what seems like such a big part of this game? The camp looks to be not only an essential storytelling device but also a key feature of RDR2. Getting rid of it by the end of the game will feel just like TLAD when the Clubhouse is burnt down and The Lost MC is dismantled.

4) On the other hand, if RDR2 ends with the gang still together, then it's not really a satisfying ending now is it? The whole purpose of this game is without a doubt to connect the dots between RDR I and II and to explain what happened to Dutch's gang and how it all fell apart. I think this is the least likely ending we could see.

Other than that, I'm not really sure how they could end this game without falling into one of these 4 traps. But I sure am pumped to see what they've got up their sleeve!

In response to your second point ”2)”. How can we justify him being able to rob and kill people in the first redemption either? I didn’t think the honor system was really compatible with john’s story in redemption one. Anyways, rockstar has said they do not want things to be too realistic in order to keep the game fun so I would not throw out the theory for that reason. 

Edited by MarlboroMan1995

14 minutes ago, NightWalker14 said:

Is it just me or does RDR 2 seem really off? Do you guys have any complaints about everything you've seen about the game thus far or is it exceeding your expectations? Maybe I'm just in a bad depression at the moment and everything seems negative and foggy right now. I can't even enjoy playing video games anymore and I all of a sudden lost all of my excitement for RDR 2 due to my bad mindset and mental illness. Hopefully RDR 2 will get me out of this rut and give me a more positive outlook on life.

Must be just you. 

I'm loving everything I've seen so far.   Still want to see more.

It would be fittingly sardonic if Arthur ends up killing one Bonnie's five brothers who some, perished from "foolish choices".

Edited by ARTHUR.
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, NightWalker14 said:

My only complaint is the game has a stupid brand recognition name. 

33 minutes ago, ARTHUR. said:

It would be fittingly sardonic if Arthur ends up killing one Bonnie's five brothers who some, perished from "foolish choices".

Well Cole Macfarlane died July 26th, 1899 from a gunshot wound to the head. Gus died in a bar fight in 1905. It's certainly possible we'll run into a Macfarlane. It would be something if John killed Cole in cold blood.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NightWalker14 said:

Get your sh*t together and don't be such a whiny pussy. This game is going to be awesome and you're going to have a great time playing it. For months most likely. Cheer up, fella.

• Like 5

How do you guys think the camp system will work on RDO? Since there is that one survivor theme for camp that comes with the Ultimate Edition and that gives away some info about it. (And I'm pretty sure someone has already asked this but I'm not gonna go trough all the pages about RDR 😂)

Also I'd like to own a ranch in RDO. Kinda like John had or in the case of this game, will have.