4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2 Gameplay Series Discussion

Spider-Vice

6 minutes ago, Auditore said:

Isn't gunplay in Mafia 3 one of the parts that got heavy praise? 

Honestly it was very feather like, it felt more like I was shooting a pop gun at enemies. I feel like that combined with nothing much happening in the games world is what contributed to its demise 

I love riding my horse from place to place in Skyrim, no fast travel. With all the details provided on horses for RDR II I just know I am going to have a blast. I mean, it might take me 4 months to finish the game... but a blast.

the reloading revolver shot looks cool, but they need to fix the animation a bit

arthur seems to have bullets in his hands out of nowhere

1 minute ago, thunderking500 said:

the reloading revolver shot looks cool, but they need to fix the animation a bit

Won't be a problem in the game,that angle was only for the gameplay trailer,in the game we will only see his hands moving close to the gun it's good enough.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, thunderking500 said:

You'll be watching him from the back. You won't notice that he didn't pick up bullets from his pockets.

1 minute ago, thunderking500 said:

so i been reading the possibility of R2 to aim and L2 to shoot

is that true?

No.

Edited by Red Dead Rebel

Just now, Red Dead Rebel said:

You'll be watching him from the back. You won't notice that he didn't pick up bullets from his pockets.

i know, i know they should still try to make it make sense, in the sake of detail and for the people that look deeply for those things

• Like 1

Just now, thunderking500 said:

i know, i know they should still try to make it make sense, in the sake of detail and for the people that look deeply for those things

True but I think it's fine. The reload time is already long. Making it even longer wouldn't be fun TBH.

• Like 1

I'm really interested in how Rockstar are actually going to make this game end without it losing too many key features or having too many plot holes, because personally, every ending I've contemplated is not satisfying enough.

4 minutes ago, ThroatSlasher2 said:

I'm really interested in how Rockstar are actually going to make this game end without it losing too many key features or having too many plot holes, because personally, every ending I've contemplated is not satisfying enough.

You have got to keep... FAITH.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, thunderking500 said:

so i been reading the possibility of R2 to aim and L2 to shoot

is that true?

Aparantly is R2 to aim and R2 again to shoot lol.

3 minutes ago, Cheesy Vaginas said:

Am I the only one worried that they haven't shown any swimming yet?

I would guess they dont have swimming in the game, but they do seem to have boats so it's doesn't seem impossible to get around in the water.

Just now, Bootmannz said:

I would guess they dont have swimming in the game, but they do seem to have boats so it's doesn't seem impossible to get around in the water.

I would hope they would at least have GTA IV style swimming

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Shinola Gamer said:

Aparantly is R2 to aim and R2 again to shoot lol.

That's only for NPC interactions.

• Like 1

TheOriginalGunslinger

“We need to get those people warm *very, very slight pause* and fed...”

5zwYHec.png

I love this shot when it was shown in the gameplay video. The way Dutch spoke that line you can instantly tell he was f*cking freezing. It’s as if he was shivering when uttering words.

Perhaps they were on their way to these people?

vlcsnap-error895.png

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger

So I saw some videos and people talking about this, do you think its misleading as this was recorded on a PS4 Pro? I recall

the outrage over when Sony did this with Anthem, although this looks much more professionally done.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Cheesy Vaginas said:

Am I the only one worried that they haven't shown any swimming yet?

Turns out they can't show swimming in the previews, because cowboys only swim when skinnydipping, and nobody wants to see Arthur's butt in third person view.  😐

6 minutes ago, LegacyKillaHD said:

So I saw some videos and people talking about this, do you think its misleading as this was recorded on a PS4 Pro? I recall

the outrage over when Sony did this with Anthem, although this looks much more professionally done.

Why/How did Sony get in trouble?

2 minutes ago, Red Dead Rebel said:

Why/How did Sony get in trouble?

It was more of the outrage. Bad choice of words but people accused them of misleading consumers with sloppy photoshop. Here's an article discussing that mess https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2017/07/03/sony-just-took-down-a-photoshopped-version-of-that-xbox-one-x-anthem-video/

To everyone complaining about lack of gore...

Hh9SQ7V.jpg

xmGPWnB.jpg

I don't really see the point in rockstar having lots of detail when animals get shot, but no details when humans do. So I'm pretty sure when the game releases we'll see blood on humans.

J.Dillinger Blackheart
47 minutes ago, Cheesy Vaginas said:

I would hope they would at least have GTA IV style swimming

It's a useless feature imo tbh.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, LegacyKillaHD said:

It was more of the outrage. Bad choice of words but people accused them of misleading consumers with sloppy photoshop. Here's an article discussing that mess https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2017/07/03/sony-just-took-down-a-photoshopped-version-of-that-xbox-one-x-anthem-video/

"I very much doubt Sony was trying to trick gamers into thinking the PS4 Pro version would look identical to the Xbox One X version. My suspicion here is that this was just laziness more than anything. Sony didn't arrange to get its own Anthem footage but also couldn't show anything with Xbox branding on their official YouTube channel, either."

I think this very quote from that article sums up the current situation, just the other way around this time. Except in this case, the X is supposed to be more powerful than the Pro, so Microsoft would only be trying to pass off footage that looks either identical or ever-so-slightly inferior to their own. So I don't really see it as an issue.

3 hours ago, DoctorMike said:

Here’s my theory on the two graves that Arthur was walking away from in the 3rd trailer

KnMKK0c.png

Now it looks like Arthur cared deeply about the two people in the graves, my guess is Sadie and Charles are the ones buried in those graves, Why? I really don’t know either but it makes the sense, Because in the gameplay trailer, the Pinkertons are seen attacking the gang, and it looks quite dramatic because of the way Arthur yells before kicking the door, meaning the Pinkertons have already killed most of Arthur’s buddies, now my guess is Sadie and Charles will also die in that fight that’s just my guess, most of you may not like the theory but well...

Here's my unlikely theory: Those are the graves of John and Abigail Marston.

I think there's a possibility that we'll experience a time jump with Arthur toward the end of the game, the same way there was a time jump with Jack at the end of RDR.

I'm thinking we didn't hear about Arthur at all in RDR 1 because he left the gang and was presumed dead by everyone EXCEPT John, Abigail, Uncle, and Jack

Long story short: The end of RDR 2 will overlap with the end of RDR

6 hours ago, Groggy Gorilla said:

44ead9b7ad8a579a359607e940921470.png

The satchel properly shifts away from your hip to rest on your seat. Sweet.

Crazy!

5 hours ago, Juan marstoon said:

G5m1o7.gif

Looks like it's worse for npcs, here this dude never stops running during his first shot, so much that he looks like he's randomly shooting the ground 

The animations are incredibly good! That gif could be straight outta The Last of Us Part 2.

Notice the two women (who sit on the bench) talking to each other in the background ... seems like they talk about something going on further down the *street*.

This gameplay video is already lots of proof that R* wasn't bullsh*tting about NPC's going about their lifes and living INDIVIDUALLY from the player (Arthur).

Also notice how the guy turns his head to Arthur and looks what he is up to.

And the building on the left of the store looks like a building that's currently in the *making* and might as well be finished later on in the game ... something that was also said in the previews and in the interview with Rob Nelson.

98PNqmf.gif

Thanks @Neudd for the amazing gif's!

PS.: This must be the first game where the actual gameplay video looks better than the cinematic trailers in terms of visuals! Crazy crazy job from R*.

Edited by Emmi

sARnCZD 

If you can really make this fluid and seemless a transition without a weapon wheel staring you in the face that would be amazing! Max Payne 3 brought logic and functionality to rockstars shooting mechanics and I would really love it if they kept improving that system. 

Also an awesome detail side note: When his revolver runs empty he cycles through a few rounds, we get the "click, click" that you see in the movies, very nice detail.

Edited by WhiskeyHick

13 minutes ago, WhiskeyHick said:

sARnCZD 

If you can really make this fluid and seemless a transition without a weapon wheel staring you in the face that would be amazing! Max Payne 3 brought logic and functionality to rockstars shooting mechanics and I would really love it if they kept improving that system. 

Also an awesome detail side note: When his revolver runs empty he cycles through a few rounds, we get the "click, click" that you see in the movies, very nice detail.

Because that's player controlled. You can cock the weapon manually.

I REALLY hope we can switch guns without a wheel.

Edited by Red Dead Rebel

7 hours ago, Auditore said:

TAKE ME HOOOOOME

*inhales*

COUNTRY ROOOOOOAAD

I Heard this song so much growing up