3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2 Gameplay Series Discussion

Spider-Vice

No homo, but I think that Arthur is classically handsome and can be the lead role in a western flick. He's Hollywood ready and can compete with the likes of Brad Pitt for being a heartthrob lol

15 minutes ago, Emmi said:

@Neudd Will there be a place where we can see all the amazing gif's you made for us?

Yeah I've just about finished uploading them all to an Imgur album that took way too long and for some reason for every 10 I uploaded 1 would get removed so I had to compare the album to my folder and find which one got removed 😐

Also there's a few in there that I can't get to look good because of the limited colours in a GIF - a couple of scenes with the low sun and awesome blue/orange sky :(

TAXf5ly.gif

fFd8bbD.png

Will post the link soon.

Edited by Neudd
for comparison

1 hour ago, Meekail said:

I'm in that camp where I own a PS4 Pro but have a 1080p HD TV. I'm sure the game will still look great either way!

Me too

4 minutes ago, Rockstar Vienna said:

I expected a lot from the gameplay but the shown footage actually exceeded my expectations. Especially the visuals. I mean Rockstar always had pretty games with great atmosphere but they have never been a "graphics power house" imo. But RDR2 looks almost like a game for a new generation.

I can only agree, they absolutely exceeded all my expectations with this gameplay video, I was totally blown away and had my jaw dropped from the beginning to end. This is a next-gen game realized on current-gen hardware. Kudos to R*, the masterminds!

4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Spooky as hell, love it! Imagine a ghost/undead mission or dlc in this setting..:sigh:

I'll probably lose my sh*t if all of a sudden a gator attacks me and my horse whilst roaming this dangerous place!

1 minute ago, Neudd said:

Yeah I've just about finished uploading them all to an Imgur album that took way too long and for some reason for every 10 I uploaded 1 would get removed so I had to compare the album to my folder and find which one got removed 😐

Also there's a few in there that I can't get to look good because of the limited colours in a GIF - a couple of scenes with the low sun and awesome blue/orange sky :(

Will post the link soon.

Thanks, much appreciated!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, GTAForumsUser69 said:

That clearly looks scripted/cutscene. 

If it is, then I'm surprised Rockstar missed that little bit, considering their usual attention to detail.

5 minutes ago, Neudd said:

Yeah I've just about finished uploading them all to an Imgur album

A true gentleman and scholar. Thanks a lot!

Just now, Groggy Gorilla said:

If it is, then I'm surprised Rockstar missed that little bit, considering their usual attention to detail.

The game is still multiple months away, and these last few months are usually used for polishing the game.

Plus, this is Rockstar, their games are always well made and mostly bug free so I'm sure they'll fix it before it releases.

• Like 1

TheOriginalGunslinger
7 minutes ago, Neudd said:

TAXf5ly.gif

fFd8bbD.png

Abigail: Want to join me in the tent later this evening? John’s out running an errand.

Arthur: ...

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger

Just now, Emmi said:

This puts it into perspective ... the leap from RDR1 to RDR2 is astonishing.

The fact that RDR1 still holds up after literally 8 f*cking years is very impressive.

tZIylKb 

Just look at that gorgeous double action revolver reload! The detail on the individual shells!!!

Edited by WhiskeyHick

Replaying RDR, just came across the cut scene from the "women and cattle" mission. I had never realized how the whole story of RDR is neatly packaged in this 3 minutes of conversation. Wow. John's life, bits and pieces of his past, the reason why we want him to persue Bill Williamson, the political reasons behind it all. It's the first time in the game that the story gets told and it's just so well built and narrated... It gave me the chills to see how everything actually ties up so easily when you have actually gone through the game and know that soon RDR2 will come telling with whole details the story of Dutch's and John's past. f*ck I'm so emotive right now, I'm willing to cry for this. Really recommend to check this out... 

Edited by juansero29
Typo
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, WhiskeyHick said:

bBgq0ft

Just look at that gorgeous double action revolver reload! The detail on the individual shells!!!

Complete with Arthur's side job as a magician as he pulls the new bullets out of thin air. ;)

5568656795af09b76ab73a.JPG

Do we know who the guy between Dutch and Micah is?

Edited by AdlersHand

17 minutes ago, NightWalker14 said:

No homo, but I think that Arthur is classically handsome and can be the lead role in a western flick. He's Hollywood ready and can compete with the likes of Brad Pitt for being a heartthrob lol

I see glimpses of young Henry Fonda

• Like 1

Also @Neudd is the og gif master round these parts but I gotta say it's a lot of fun looking through those frames!

I have little to no doubt that we'll be able to explore the snowy mountains in the background of that image ... see this lake? snow trail? or whatever that is exactly in the middle of the image (right above the horses' head) ... I think that's our way up there deep into the mountains!

I think if I had to pick just one moment that blew me away and made me go out and throw all my money at R* ... it'd have to be this one.

It's perfection!

RedDead2_GameplayVideo_ArthurMorgan_Hors

13 hours ago, KENNYOUT3 said:

A Oggstar Games Production

From The Creators Of

Grand

Theft

Oggo

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Neudd said:

656qfZJ.gif

There's so many details going on in this scene. I love it. Aside from the obvious mud markings and on Arthur, you can see his satchel bag is not secured and keeps opening and closing. lol

What if Arthur gets hanged in the ending (or one of the endings) and the start of the gameplay trailer was a nod to it. I don't believe it will happen, but i would always shout "Oh, f*ck you" when rewatching the trailer if that's the case. I don't think there was any foreshadowing to how John will die in RDR which is a shame because i like when stories do that sort of thing.

RDR 1 was a pure shooter. Almost every mission involved killing other enemies and it got quite repetitive. I hope that RDR 2 has a lot more than just using your weapons.

• Like 5

Just now, NightWalker14 said:

RDR 1 was a pure shooter. Almost every mission involved killing other enemies and it got quite repetitive. I hope that RDR 2 has a lot more than just using your weapons.

I'm hoping stealth will be a viable option this time around.

1 minute ago, DGSimo said:

There's so many details going on in this scene. I love it. Aside from the obvious mud markings and on Arthur, you can see his satchel bag is not secured and keeps opening and closing. lol

Holy sh*t, I just noticed ... this game never ceases to amaze me ... there'll be literally thousands of 'The Crazy Details of Red Dead Redemption 2' videos going up once the game is in our hands. I can't wait!

• Like 5

Every time in my head when I watch the gameplay : "Each time the gang has to flee an area. The gang sets up a camp as a base. This is where the gang eat, sleep, rave and repeat"  😂😂

J.Dillinger Blackheart
6 minutes ago, AdlersHand said:

5568656795af09b76ab73a.JPG

Do we know who the guy between Dutch and Micah is?

Good question..Gang member are going to come and go I think.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WhiskeyHick said:

bBgq0ft

I liked it....but i'm also hoping for pre-loaded cylinders. The reload time was rather long.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J.Dillinger Blackheart said:

Good question..Gang member are going to come and go I think.

I think John, Sadie and Charles are going to be the most prominent after Arthur and Dutch.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, thc_404 said:

I'm hoping stealth will be a viable option this time around.

I'm hoping diplomacy will be a viable option

1 minute ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

I'm hoping diplomacy will be a viable option

I'd be fine with that too, but I doubt R* will stray very far from their "success formula". Here's to hoping, though.