4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2 Gameplay Series Discussion

Spider-Vice

6 minutes ago, dognuts said:

Why are people still debating about the physics? It's very clear it's going to be a lot like RDR1 and Max Payne 3, although it does seem to mainly depend on the type of gun.

1 hour ago, Knightfury29 said:

As much as like this minimal ui in this one and that circular mini map is also pretty neat i still think the ui is still quite unfinished judging by how the icons looks and also the poker scene ui is also unfinished i believe that's where these extra months of polish is going towards

Yeah, it was the same deal with the Red Dead Redemption gameplay series. When the final game was released, various aspects of the UI had changed when compared to that which we saw in the trailers.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NightWalker14 said:

I hope that there's more hostile animals in RDR 2 and want cougars to make a return. RDR 1 lacked dangerous animals.

I personally don't like it when games have an overabundance of "dangerous" fauna. Not everything in the wild is constantly out to get you. It's unrealistic.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Feather said:

If i remember correctly moos in RDR didn't even try to attack John, even though they are territorial animals and can be very dangerous to humans, especially during mating season. I hope this time they're very aggressive and just as dangerous as bears.

You are talking about elk. Not moose. There were no moose in RDR at all. Two different animals.

Moose are way bigger than elk.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Groggy Gorilla said:

I personally don't like it when games have an overabundance of "dangerous" fauna. Not everything in the wild is constantly out to get you. It's unrealistic.

Do you think that there will be cougars? Cougars are not as lethal as bears but if they are in RDR 2, they will be by far the fastest predators in the game and are still pretty damn lethal on top of that.

Edited by NightWalker14
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, J.Dillinger Blackheart said:

Venomsnake wasn't bullsh*tting..

That's also a unrelated store in the UK too. Technically then, Gamestop stores should have up their new stuff tomorrow according to venomsnake.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NightWalker14 said:

Do you think that there will be cougars?

I hope so.  I loved hearing that roar and going into instant panic mode.

27 minutes ago, DGSimo said:

I've been day 1 ever since playing RDR1 so 2016 was a little special because it's finally when a substantial leak happened and the few of us that were here at the time were patiently waiting. Expecting. Something to happen. It took a damn long time, or felt like it anyway, to get to that announcement but when it happened and we got the trailer I was cloud nine.

Then the "Fall 2017" date and that bummed me out because at the time that was another year away and it sure as hell didn't help when 7 months or so later we got the dreaded "Spring 2018" delay.  2017 had some good titles but RDR2 was the main deal and having to wait another year just put me mostly into a funk and we all knew that Fall 2018 delay was coming.

Fast forward to Thursday and I was excited, I mean i thought the visuals in the past trailers were fantastic and like everyone here I was thinking on the possibilities of the world. What activities to do, hopping on our horse to explore for the first time and all that, getting even excited at the possibilities from the May previews. Then a few seconds into the gameplay trailer and the moment we see Arthur on horseback with the mountains in the background as the camera pans and we see the minimap to show it's real gameplay...my jaw dropped and never closed until the R logo appeared at the end. I never imagined it would all look that good.

That's a long winded way, sorry I haven't been here in the last couple of days to share my excitement lol, of saying the new trailer doubled my excitement tenfold and arrived at the right time. If the trailer had been released any earlier I think it would of made the wait a lot harder and also wouldn't of looked that good. As it is now, we're just 2 months away and I can't stop smiling and feeling excited for October 26th because it's gonna be here before we know it!

Before you know it we will be well into October, I have no intention of playing any other games (Spiderman) and others for example, this game has my full attention. Redemption holds a special place in my heart haha!

Edited by DEADWOODZ
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, NightWalker14 said:

Do you think that there will be cougars? Cougars are not as lethal as bears but they are the by far the fastest predators in the game.

I definitely think there will be cougars. There are mountainous forests in the game, which is a very common habitat for them. Rockstar knows well enough that people loved cougars in RDR (hated but loved), so I doubt they'd neglect them when there is a perfect biome for them already in the game.

1 minute ago, Groggy Gorilla said:

I definitely think there will be cougars. There are mountainous forests in the game, which is a very common habitat for them. Rockstar knows well enough that people loved cougars in RDR (hated but loved), so I doubt they'd neglect them when there is a perfect biome for them already in the game.

Hopefully, we'll get different variations of animals such as black bears.

• Like 2

@Neudd Do you have a gif for when Arthur gets tossed into the mud? I wanted to try pointing something out.

Edited by Groggy Gorilla

J.Dillinger Blackheart

So do I speak for everyone in attendance that huhh RDR2 blew everyone away in terms of expectations? I mean this is probably the most I've watched a gameplay trailer in all my days. I just hope that we can roam every inch of this world, that's my only worry rn.

19 minutes ago, Groggy Gorilla said:

True. Even cougars and bears shouldn't be out to get us once we encounter them. In Redemption, that was the case, but hopefully this time more AI is injected into them that they behave differently according to how we approach them. In real life, cougars can get shy of humans and try to avoid their path. From the trailer, I'm seeing much more variety in animal's behavior and animations, like those two deers standing still, while one of them was grazing, and patiently looking at Arthur approaching them before they transitioned and seamlessly ran away. 

Edited by Efreet
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, JustAMetalHead said:

Why are people still debating about the physics? It's very clear it's going to be a lot like RDR1 and Max Payne 3, although it does seem to mainly depend on the type of gun.

Only 4 gun kills were shown, so people shouldn't get too ahead of themselves. However, now that you mention Max Payne 3, I think it may be more like that than GTA 5. The revolver headshot into shotgun kill looked just like MP3 actually - headshots made them stumble dramatically but shotgun reactions were stiff. There is still no reason to currently believe that RDR2's Euphoria will be like RDR1, though. We'll get more answers in the next gameplay video.

1 minute ago, Neudd said:

656qfZJ.gif

If you pay attention to Arthur's face when he's rolling in the mud, you can see that his facial expression is completely blank. This makes wonder if that rolling animation isn't cutscene specific, and is instead generated by the physics engine somehow. If it was cutscene specific, you would think they would've animated a pained or grunting expression on his face. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, TheOriginalGunslinger said:

Starting “New Friends, Old Problems” eh? ;)

The game still holds up very well to this day. Good old MacFarlane’s Ranch too... Ranch folk doing daily chores, the sound of the whistling train in the distance admist a warm day’s sun. I might do another playthrough myself despite myself ripping my hair out trying to get through the Mexico missions. In my opinion, I found that part of the story to be a drag.

I must agree right there. Mexico's part isn't the best, but I simply love how the story is explained from the start, the game is simply perfect  to the moment you hear far away and you do the first Landon Ricketts mission. I simply love this game, so even if there are some whatsome annoying missions, I still get new details and info every time I play it. It's simply awesome. 

• Like 3

What's wrong with people? Not killing kids is immersion breaking? You are not playing your character you are playing Arthur Morgan. The devs have said you won't be able to do anything Athur wouldn't do. You won't be able to kill any gang members. Is that immersion breaking? No. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Groggy Gorilla said:

If you pay attention to Arthur's face when he's rolling in the mud, you can see that his facial expression is completely blank. This makes wonder if that rolling animation isn't cutscene specific, and is instead generated by the physics engine somehow. If it was cutscene specific, you would think they would've animated a pained or grunting expression on his face.  

Lol at the guy calling Arthur a pretty boy. He's a mix between rugged and pretty boy imo.

13 hours ago, Jaxite said:

Still cant get over how amazing this horse looks...

DkK2ZseVsAc0R_s.jpg

Of course Bill is riding it lmao. Small peepee

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, joshua969 said:

I hope so.  I loved hearing that roar and going into instant panic mode.

Me too 😂

Somehow I love them. Such beautiful and elegant animals.

But I hate them when I searched for flowers and hear their roar ... or when they kill my horse 😠
I always ride fast when I travel throught Rio Bravo ... 😅

7 minutes ago, Groggy Gorilla said:

The animation looks a little awkward on his second roll in the mud. He sorta scoots.

8 minutes ago, Groggy Gorilla said:

That clearly looks scripted/cutscene. 

• Like 1

I expected a lot from the gameplay but the shown footage actually exceeded my expectations. Especially the visuals. I mean Rockstar always had pretty games with great atmosphere but they have never been a "graphics power house" imo. But RDR2 looks almost like a game for a new generation.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Groggy Gorilla said:

I guess this fight will be one of the very first missions in the game.

2 hours ago, Red Dead Rebel said:

ju51WyG.gif

Spooky as hell, love it! Imagine a ghost/undead mission or dlc in this setting..:sigh:

Edited by Morgan