4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2 Gameplay Series Discussion

Spider-Vice

23 minutes ago, damienrayemusic said:

Does anyone know if the gameplay makes the wait for them easier or harder?? I mean for me it's kinda in between like it's nice seeing it, helps the craving somewhat but it also is (and mostly for me) is like OMFG I just want it even more now!! How does it feel for you personally? We are only 2 months and some days away, time has flown by even during droughts but it's always the last month or two that's toughest in my experience...

Knowing that this masterpiece is like two months away makes it a tad better for me...but then again seeing the gameplay just makes me damn pumped to play, either way we have a lot more to come from R*! Roll on October!

Edited by DEADWOODZ
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

Assuming they covered their faces everytime, it might be hard to tell. There's a lot of big guys out there working ranches, etc. Plus in those days, no CCTV, or Twitter Bleeter, no witnesses would mean few people to even know what little of their faces were visible, etc.

It's not too hard to explain. Plus, fictional story logic lol

kind of joking but with a less than 1% possibility in my mind. What if 'outlaws for life' is basically Arthur linking about what might've happened had Dutch busted him out of jail. Or it goes full on supernatural and the whole game is An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge and Arthur's whole 'life' is all in his mind before the noose breaks his neck.

Just stupid musings.

2 minutes ago, Groggy Gorilla said:

In that case, press triangle to rob.

Or greet: Those are some fine teeth. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Neudd said:

gBD2ekW.gif

Great scene!  

Brr ... anyone else can feel the cold? I feel bad for them :/

• Like 4

Just now, Yelda said:

Great scene!  

Brr ... anyone else can feel the cold? I feel bad for them :/

Yes... They definitely got some time to chill

1 hour ago, Efreet said:

Good eye, but that's a cutscene. 

Indeed. It does transition seamlessly into gameplay though, so I'm not really sure what to make of it. On one hand I'm thinking the mud effects and the reaction of the NPCs is something scripted for that cutscene, but the imprints in the mud remain in place and the crowd continue to amass after the cutscene has ended and gameplay has already begun. 

For me I think the first gameplay trailer was enough!! It's weird I really enjoyed the trailer but I just feel like I don't need to see anymore! It's going to be easy due to me seeing a bit of the gameplay but it kinda sucks because i will not get to see the new features though! Ehhh? Guess I will just find out later.

I'm in that camp where I own a PS4 Pro but have a 1080p HD TV. I'm sure the game will still look great either way!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Red Hardbro said:

For me I think the first gameplay trailer was enough!! It's weird I really enjoyed the trailer but I just feel like I don't need to see anymore! It's going to be easy due to me seeing a bit of the gameplay but it kinda sucks because i will not get to see the new features though! Ehhh? Guess I will just find out later.

I wish i could resist not clicking a new trailer for RDR2. I'm most interested in the Online trailer since we don't know anything about it.

I know there's a big ass bear in the game but I wonder if the moose they highlighted in the trailer will be the equivalent of the bear from RDR 1

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Meekail said:

I'm in that camp where I own a PS4 Pro but have a 1080p HD TV. I'm sure the game will still look great either way!

Same here. Though I am considering investing in a 4k monitor which I could use both for my PC and my PS4 Pro. Does anyone have any suggestions for a budget 4k monitor that they've used personally?

5 minutes ago, erased said:

I know there's a big ass bear in the game but I wonder if the moose they highlighted in the trailer will be the equivalent of the bear from RDR 1

If i remember correctly moos in RDR didn't even try to attack John, even though they are territorial animals and can be very dangerous to humans, especially during mating season. I hope this time they're very aggressive and just as dangerous as bears.

Edited by Feather
  • Like 3

I watched some reaction videos on YT today.

Nice to see that so many people freaking out and feel the same hype like us, when they watching this video. R* knows how to show gameplay 😊 

Edited by Yelda
  • Like 7

Just now, Feather said:

If i remember correctly moos in RDR didn't even try to attack John, even though they are territorial animals and can be very dangerous to humans, especially in mating season. I hope this time they're very aggressive and just as dangerous as bears.

Yeah. I hope so too because in real life you don't want to mess around with a moose they're almost more aggressive than a bear.

Just now, Yelda said:

I watched some reaction videos in YT today.

Nice to see that so many people freaking out and feel the same hype like us, when they watching this video. R* knows how to show gameplay 😊 

Huh. That's surprising. I didn't see any reaction videos where the person had to run away from the screen screaming "My life is complete! My life is complete!".

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Groggy Gorilla said:

Huh. That's surprising. I didn't see any reaction videos where the person had to run away from the screen screaming "My life is complete! My life is complete!".

we on this forum are different from those people :P

seriously this game feels like my life no joke.

• Like 3

Maybe we would run into a more calmer, sane Seth before he goes crazy, or he’s not at that crazy point yet. Obviously without John by our side. 

31 minutes ago, damienrayemusic said:

Does anyone know if the gameplay makes the wait for them easier or harder?? I mean for me it's kinda in between like it's nice seeing it, helps the craving somewhat but it also is (and mostly for me) is like OMFG I just want it even more now!! How does it feel for you personally? We are only 2 months and some days away, time has flown by even during droughts but it's always the last month or two that's toughest in my experience...

I've been day 1 ever since playing RDR1 so 2016 was a little special because it's finally when a substantial leak happened and the few of us that were here at the time were patiently waiting. Expecting. Something to happen. It took a damn long time, or felt like it anyway, to get to that announcement but when it happened and we got the trailer I was cloud nine.

Then the "Fall 2017" date and that bummed me out because at the time that was another year away and it sure as hell didn't help when 7 months or so later we got the dreaded "Spring 2018" delay.  2017 had some good titles but RDR2 was the main deal and having to wait another year just put me mostly into a funk and we all knew that Fall 2018 delay was coming.

Fast forward to Thursday and I was excited, I mean i thought the visuals in the past trailers were fantastic and like everyone here I was thinking on the possibilities of the world. What activities to do, hopping on our horse to explore for the first time and all that, getting even excited at the possibilities from the May previews. Then a few seconds into the gameplay trailer and the moment we see Arthur on horseback with the mountains in the background as the camera pans and we see the minimap to show it's real gameplay...my jaw dropped and never closed until the R logo appeared at the end. I never imagined it would all look that good.

That's a long winded way, sorry I haven't been here in the last couple of days to share my excitement lol, of saying the new trailer doubled my excitement tenfold and arrived at the right time. If the trailer had been released any earlier I think it would of made the wait a lot harder and also wouldn't of looked that good. As it is now, we're just 2 months away and I can't stop smiling and feeling excited for October 26th because it's gonna be here before we know it!

J.Dillinger Blackheart
23 minutes ago, Horrid_Saiyam said:

Venomsnake wasn't bullsh*tting..

• Like 2